Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-15-18, 05:48 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
I think the hypotheticals become more interesting if it can be shown the "head" represents someone specifically. Under that scenario, it would be fair game to cut and paste in any heads and then see the reactions. Thinking ahead, there are a couple combinations that would most definitely lead to arrest.

And the other piece of information not explored, how clean and closely examined are presidential portrait painters over history? I'd be surprised if there weren't a few skeleton
Old 02-15-18, 05:49 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Are you so weak-willed that you have taken on the thought of the very people you despise? Looks like senility finally got you. Sorry to see that.
You do realize that being racist can go both ways? Trust me senility has not got me yet, but just give it time. I will let you know when it is time to be sorry.

Last edited by 19AL63; 02-15-18 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-15-18, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
You do realize that being racist can do both ways? Trust me senility has not got me yet, but just give it time. I will let you know when it is time to be sorry.
em well no, actually you've probably forgetten. We told you yesterday that you're senile but you've already forgotten. I'll ask you tomorrow if you remember. We're friendly that way!
Old 02-15-18, 08:41 PM
All American

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
The portraits are still cartoonish.

I can't wait to see them on the history wall!
Old 02-15-18, 10:34 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
I'm surprised you posted this given your previous disdain for the press. So you're okay with them spinning the news as long as it's enlightening to your cause?

Wouldn't the better hope be that they would simply explore the history of the artist, no spin and let people decide?
I have a disdain for the press because they are almost more partisan than political parties these days. But I do think they would report on the artist if someone chose a white supremacist to paint a presidential portrait. I'd hope they would do the same for a black racist and then let the public decide if it's acceptable.
Old 02-16-18, 09:18 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
em well no, actually you've probably forgetten. We told you yesterday that you're senile but you've already forgotten. I'll ask you tomorrow if you remember. We're friendly that way!
I knew I was going to grow old, I just didn't know it would happen so fast. I do not know how old you are but trust me if you are lucky to live you too will be old and senile like you seem to find joy in saying. I have been blessed with good health and the wisdom to save and be ready for retirement. What fun I am having traveling , gardening, and most important turning wood in to sawdust. Now trust me if I ever have someone paint my picture I will pick someone that will paint me as ugly as i am and not with over size hands and six fingers on my left.
Old 02-16-18, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I knew I was going to grow old, I just didn't know it would happen so fast. I do not know how old you are but trust me if you are lucky to live you too will be old and senile like you seem to find joy in saying. I have been blessed with good health and the wisdom to save and be ready for retirement. What fun I am having traveling , gardening, and most important turning wood in to sawdust. Now trust me if I ever have someone paint my picture I will pick someone that will paint me as ugly as i am and not with over size hands and six fingers on my left.
Old is relative. I'm "old." Senile? Probably getting there. Fortunately did my fun stuff early and I couldn't even imagine having someone paint me. Why do people even do that now a days? Which is exactly why painting are expressions, not photographs.

Their paintings, Their business. Since I think this "renaming" of buildings that wouldn't exist if not for generousity, based upon revisited, re-moderned 200 year old history is a bit over the top, then I'd probably be hypocritical if I severely reacted to the background of this painter, regardless I won't lose sleep if I do take a hypocritical stance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: