Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 06-14-19, 05:59 PM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
D3 r12

This is one of the deepest regions in not only DIII but of all the small school divisions. Predictions?

Playoff

Seeds
1. Wapakoneta (10-0)
2. Archbishop Alter (9-1)
3. St. Mary’s Memorial (9-1)
4. Dayton C-J (8-2)
5. Trotwood (7-3)
6. Bishop Fenwick (7-3)
7. Mount Healthy (6-4)
8. Badin (7-3)
Just Outside
9. Butler (6-4)
10. Belmont (6-4)

Semifinals
(1) Wapakoneta vs (5) Trotwood
(2) Archbishop Alter vs (3) St. Mary’s

Finals
(1) Wapakoneta vs (3) St. Mary’s

Last edited by HighSchoolFB45; 06-19-19 at 06:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-19, 06:59 PM
tucson tucson is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 245
tucson is on a distinguished road
The D3R12 teams are listed belows. The schools in bold have been to the playoffs at least once in the past 3 years and those underlined have multiple playoff appearances in the past 3 years. (Apologies in advance if there are any errors - difficult to track as schools have changed divisions/regions). Definitely a competitive region.

Aiken (Cincinnati)
Archbishop Alter (Kettering)
Badin (Hamilton)
Belmont (Dayton)
Bishop Fenwick (Franklin)
Butler (Vandalia)
Carroll (Dayton)
Celina (Celina)
Chaminade Julienne (Dayton)
Dunbar (Dayton)
Elida (Elida)
Franklin (Franklin)
Goshen (Goshen)
Greenville (Greenville)
Hughes (Cincinnati)
Monroe (Monroe)
Mount Healthy (Cincinnati)
New Richmond (New Richmond)
Northwest (Cincinnati)
Ross (Hamilton)
Shawnee (Lima)
St Marys Memorial (St Marys)
Taylor (Cleves)
Tippecanoe (Tipp City)
Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood)
Wapakoneta (Wapakoneta)
Woodward (Cincinnati)
  #3  
Old 06-14-19, 07:39 PM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 381
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
The D3R12 teams are listed belows. The schools in bold have been to the playoffs at least once in the past 3 years and those underlined have multiple playoff appearances in the past 3 years. (Apologies in advance if there are any errors - difficult to track as schools have changed divisions/regions). Definitely a competitive region.

Aiken (Cincinnati)
Archbishop Alter (Kettering)
Badin (Hamilton)
Belmont (Dayton)
Bishop Fenwick (Franklin)
Butler (Vandalia)
Carroll (Dayton)
Celina (Celina)
Chaminade Julienne (Dayton)
Dunbar (Dayton)
Elida (Elida)
Franklin (Franklin)
Goshen (Goshen)
Greenville (Greenville)
Hughes (Cincinnati)
Monroe (Monroe)
Mount Healthy (Cincinnati)
New Richmond (New Richmond)
Northwest (Cincinnati)
Ross (Hamilton)
Shawnee (Lima)
St Marys Memorial (St Marys)
Taylor (Cleves)
Tippecanoe (Tipp City)
Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood)
Wapakoneta (Wapakoneta)
Woodward (Cincinnati)
Its much stronger than last year for sure. Mount Healthy made is at 5-5.

EARLY predictions would be:

Alter
Trotwood
Wapak
Fenwick
St.Marys
Butler
CJ
Mount Healthy

Badin in the mix also
  #4  
Old 06-15-19, 02:34 PM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Its much stronger than last year for sure. Mount Healthy made is at 5-5.

EARLY predictions would be:

Alter
Trotwood
Wapak
Fenwick
St.Marys
Butler
CJ
Mount Healthy

Badin in the mix also
Wow. That is a scary region. No team will get a week off.
  #5  
Old 06-19-19, 02:25 PM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 381
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Is Trotwood going to be better than they were last year? The first round exit was surprising.
  #6  
Old 06-19-19, 05:58 PM
tucson tucson is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 245
tucson is on a distinguished road
The WBL is getting some attention in posts, but what are the projections for the GCL? Alter, Badin, Fenwick, Carroll, C-J? What's the expected pecking order from a GCL insider? I saw posts that "Alter is down." But are they ever really down? Is C-J the favorite? Will Badin and Fenwick be back in the playoffs?
  #7  
Old 06-19-19, 06:59 PM
Maple_City_Fan Maple_City_Fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-02-05
Location: NHS/St. Paul Trophy Case
Posts: 4,307
Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
The WBL is getting some attention in posts, but what are the projections for the GCL? Alter, Badin, Fenwick, Carroll, C-J? What's the expected pecking order from a GCL insider? I saw posts that "Alter is down." But are they ever really down? Is C-J the favorite? Will Badin and Fenwick be back in the playoffs?
I'm not buying Alter being down, either. It seems to me Lou Holtz paid a visit teaching the skill of sandbagging.
  #8  
Old 06-19-19, 07:31 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 14,512
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Arguably one of the 3-5 toughest regions in the state, pound for pound.
  #9  
Old 06-20-19, 10:48 AM
eagle172 eagle172 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-17-07
Location: Eaton,Oh
Posts: 1,052
eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Franklin

I expect Franklin to be in the play-off mix. Several starters returning from team that won 6 out of last 7 games last year.
  #10  
Old 06-20-19, 03:16 PM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle172 View Post
I expect Franklin to be in the play-off mix. Several starters returning from team that won 6 out of last 7 games last year.
I know you can only play the teams that are in front of you, but the combined record for the teams Franklin beat last year was 22-48. They lost to every team that had more than 6 wins.
  #11  
Old 07-12-19, 08:00 AM
Professor.Klump Professor.Klump is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-23-16
Location: RAMNATION, OH
Posts: 358
Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Is Trotwood going to be better than they were last year? The first round exit was surprising.
When you take your STUD QB out the game because he threw into double coverage(TD was scored by Trotwood on that play), and don’t put him back in, YOU LOSE!!! No surprise there, pride finally caught up with our coaching staff, Wapak was tired of being our B***H and they took advantage..

Are the Rams better.....YEZZER!!!! DIIIR12 looks deep, but with us clearly having the toughest schedule the Rams will be ready.


RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
  #12  
Old 07-12-19, 09:11 AM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Englewood
Posts: 6,453
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Wapak and St Marys in the same D/R. Trotwood is the most talented but can they keep the magic with that schedule they play? Rough and tumble Rams.
  #13  
Old 07-12-19, 12:46 PM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
When you take your STUD QB out the game because he threw into double coverage(TD was scored by Trotwood on that play), and donít put him back in, YOU LOSE!!! No surprise there, pride finally caught up with our coaching staff, Wapak was tired of being our B***H and they took advantage..

Are the Rams better.....YEZZER!!!! DIIIR12 looks deep, but with us clearly having the toughest schedule the Rams will be ready.


RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Wapak was going to win that game wether that QB stayed in or not. Trotwood couldnít stop beating themselves that game. Trotwood does have the toughest schedule in DIII though. Depending on who they play week 2, if they make it past 6-4 they will be a dangerous team. I wouldnít be surprised if they won this region. Theyíve owned it the past 15 years.
  #14  
Old 07-12-19, 01:09 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 9,033
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
When you take your STUD QB out the game because he threw into double coverage(TD was scored by Trotwood on that play), and donít put him back in, YOU LOSE!!! No surprise there, pride finally caught up with our coaching staff, Wapak was tired of being our B***H and they took advantage..

Are the Rams better.....YEZZER!!!! DIIIR12 looks deep, but with us clearly having the toughest schedule the Rams will be ready.


RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Whom is this "STUD QB" that you speak of?
  #15  
Old 07-12-19, 01:22 PM
Professor.Klump Professor.Klump is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-23-16
Location: RAMNATION, OH
Posts: 358
Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Whom is this "STUD QB" that you speak of?
Don I been watching you, and I know the scores have been close but we have BEAT WW 3 times in a row!!! Show some respect SON, and Cooper is the QB I speak so highly about!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
  #16  
Old 07-12-19, 01:24 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 9,033
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Don I been watching you, and I know the scores have been close but we have BEAT WW 3 times in a row!!! Show some respect SON, and Cooper is the QB I speak so highly about!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
No disrespect. Just wandering who you were referring to. See you in 7 weeks.
  #17  
Old 07-12-19, 01:33 PM
Professor.Klump Professor.Klump is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-23-16
Location: RAMNATION, OH
Posts: 358
Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
No disrespect. Just wandering who you were referring to. See you in 7 weeks.
Honestly Iím very happy we play WW first, like fighting the toughest kid at school on the first day of school..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
  #18  
Old 07-12-19, 01:40 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 9,033
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Honestly Iím very happy we play WW first, like fighting the toughest kid at school on the first day of school..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Better to play us early, we have notoriously slow starts to the season. I noticed you cats loss the final 3 games of your season, injury bug got you?.
  #19  
Old 07-12-19, 01:40 PM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 381
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
When you take your STUD QB out the game because he threw into double coverage(TD was scored by Trotwood on that play), and donít put him back in, YOU LOSE!!! No surprise there, pride finally caught up with our coaching staff, Wapak was tired of being our B***H and they took advantage..

Are the Rams better.....YEZZER!!!! DIIIR12 looks deep, but with us clearly having the toughest schedule the Rams will be ready.


RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
With the Talent Trotwood has, I dont think not having one player changed the game that much. They also lost to Xenia last year and that never happens (I know Xenia was much improved but you know what I mean). Tough Region but I believe the Rams will be fine. No doubt they will be back in the playoffs.
  #20  
Old 07-12-19, 05:34 PM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Better to play us early, we have notoriously slow starts to the season. I noticed you cats loss the final 3 games of your season, injury bug got you?.
well they lost one game in double overtime, another game in overtime against Wayne and then lost by 3 to Wapakoneta at their house. They shouldnít have lost to Xenia, but the Wayne and Wapak losses are understandable.
  #21  
Old 07-13-19, 07:51 AM
Professor.Klump Professor.Klump is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-23-16
Location: RAMNATION, OH
Posts: 358
Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
better to play us early, we have notoriously slow starts to the season. I noticed you cats loss the final 3 games of your season, injury bug got you?.
pride, & ego!!!!!!!!!


ramnation almighty
  #22  
Old 07-13-19, 09:37 AM
just me being me just me being me is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Wapak was going to win that game wether that QB stayed in or not. Trotwood couldnít stop beating themselves that game. Trotwood does have the toughest schedule in DIII though. Depending on who they play week 2, if they make it past 6-4 they will be a dangerous team. I wouldnít be surprised if they won this region. Theyíve owned it the past 15 years.
Trotwood gave Wapak that game more than Wapak won. If I remember correctly Wood had two turnovers in their territory which led to scores and I think Wapak had one good drive. Wapak couldn't stop the run and Wood continued to pass which people in the stands was wondering why are you passing and not running. Yes Wapak won but clearly Wood was better.
  #23  
Old 07-13-19, 10:41 AM
HighSchoolFB45 HighSchoolFB45 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-18
Posts: 147
HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
Trotwood gave Wapak that game more than Wapak won. If I remember correctly Wood had two turnovers in their territory which led to scores and I think Wapak had one good drive. Wapak couldn't stop the run and Wood continued to pass which people in the stands was wondering why are you passing and not running. Yes Wapak won but clearly Wood was better.
Thatís what iím saying. Trotwood beat themselves that game.
  #24  
Old 07-13-19, 03:50 PM
just me being me just me being me is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 63
just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Thatís what iím saying. Trotwood beat themselves that game.
Wasn't arguing but your earlier post was confusing cause I thought you said that Wapak was going to win and I took it Wapak was better and was the better team. I misunderstood your post.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vamp's State Wide Power Ratings 10-29-18 / playoff projections challenge vamp2syd Football 35 11-08-18 07:04 PM
Division III AP Poll simkon Football 61 11-05-18 11:23 AM
NCAA Preseason Polls bdhof Wrestling 57 11-02-18 12:10 PM
Division III Region 9: Week 9 Update simkon Football 7 10-20-18 01:21 AM
D III Region 12 Championship: Trotwood-Madison (12-0) vs Chaminade-Julienne (9-3) Professor.Klump Football 52 11-18-17 06:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.