Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-19-19, 06:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Avonej is on a distinguished road
Rootstown D3 Sectional

Here's my top 5 picks for the sectional with the info I have available to me.

106 - Szuhay (Cres), Lyons (Tus), Stanke (JM), Pahanish (SR), ???
113 – Edwards (Root), Savoca (Cres), Ryder (Tus), Virden (Col), Lockner (JM)
120 – Viront (Tus), Foster (Wat), Markulin (SR), Prikryl (Root), Ondash (Cres)
126 – Keenan (SR), Kline (Root), Houser (CCre), Tice (Well), Garner (WR)
132 – Duvall (Root), Wonner (CCre), Staton (JM), Strahan (Cres), Maali (SR)
138 – Chilson (Root), Cianciola (CCC), Morganstern (Cres), Canter (Wat), Crawford (Unit)
145 – Marthey (Tus), Milhoen (SL), Ricketts (CCre), Pancake (SR), Schope (Root)
152 – Shirley (Tus), Anderson (Root), Cusick (CCre), Cormell (SR), ???
160 – Ryder (Tus), Tyrell (Cres), Robinson (Wat), ???
170 – Hardenbrook (CCre), Eberhardt (Tus), Debucci (Spri), Huth (Wat), ???
182 – Langguth (Root), Morris (SL), Lippiatt (Unit), Youngblood (Wat), ???
195 – Boyle (Root), Loar (Tus), Whitehead (Col), Lowe (SL), Kiko (Unit)
220 – Czap (SR), Hartzell (WR), Mitchell (JM), ???
285 – DeAngelis (Root), Brungard (Spri), Lally (SR), Phillips (WR), ???
Team – Rootstown, Tuslaw, South Range, Columbiana Crestview, Jackson Milton
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-19, 10:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Avonej is on a distinguished road
Team - Rootstown, Tuslaw, South Range, Crestwood, Columbiana Crestview*
Old 02-20-19, 09:01 AM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Looks good Avonej.
www.nwntv.com will be airing this sectional in its entirety on Saturday. We can broadcast audio only on Saturday per OHSAA restrictions but Sunday we will put the finals and possibly the semi final matches up for viewing. Come up and say hello if you get a chance. We will be in the center of the balcony section.
I'm going to take a look at all the teams and results and see if I can find a few wrestlers missed in the post above. I've seen most of these teams and wrestler at various events this season so I do have a general idea on the wrestlers.

Teams: Canton Central Catholic, Columbiana, Crestview, Crestwood, Lisbon David Anderson, E Palestine, Jackson-Milton, Rootstown, S Range, Southern, Springfield, Tuslaw, United, Waterloo, Wellsville, Western Reserve

10. Sectional Seeding:
10.1 All wrestlers with a .500 record or better from the current season (minimum of 12 matches) will be
seeded with a maximum of 8 seeds per weight class.
10.2 The seeds will be placed on the preliminary bracket in accordance with the Rule 10 of the NFHS. Wrestling Rule Book. Byes and non-seeded wrestlers will be placed on the bracket by the computer.
10.3 A wrestler may only be seeded in one weight class.
10.4 If a seeded wrestler drops out or fails to make weight:
10.4.1 Seeded wrestlers will be rotated accordingly to the appropriate line (see 9.3-9.5).
10.4.2 Non-seeded wrestlers’ lines on the bracket will become byes if a bye is legal.
10.4.3 If a bye is not permitted, a coin flip (or series of flips) will determine which line will become a bye, and which wrestler must be moved to make the bracket legal.
10.5 In accordance with NFHS Rule 10-3-1 there shall be no byes after the first round of competition in both the championship and consolation brackets. Note: The first round of the tournament in a particular weight class could be the quarterfinal or semifinal round depending on the number of entries.
10.6 Seeding Criteria:
10.6.1 Returning state placer (1-3) at any weight class
10.6.2 Returning state placer (4-8) at any weight class. A “New” (Freshman or upperclassman that was not a contender last year) wrestler that has more than 25 wins and has defeated a wrestler listed above him on the list and has a higher winning percentage will be seeded above the returning state place winner at any weight class (4-8). *The coach must e-mail the credentials to the manager.
10.6.3 Returning district placer (1-6) at any weight class. A “New” (Freshman or upperclassman that was not a contender last year) wrestler that has more than 20 wins and has a higher winning percentage than the returning district place winner will be seeded above the returning district place winner at any weight class (1-6).
10.6.4 Tie-breakers:
 The higher placer at each level earns the higher seed.
 If two or more wrestlers have identical place finishes, the wrestler returning at the same weight earns the higher seed.
 Previous year’s tournament place finish MUST have been at an OHSAA tournament.
 A returning placer can be from Division I, II, or III.
10.6.5 Won/Loss record (by percentage) from current season (minimum of 12 matches).
 In the event of a tie in percentage, the wrestler with the most wins will receive the higher seed.
 If this does not break the tie, a coin-flip will determine the seed.
10.7 Seeding Meeting
 A seeding meeting may be held after wrestlers have been seeded by criteria.
 A coach may challenge a seed based on criteria and the coaches will then vote on the challenge.

106-Szuhay (Crestwood) Lyons (Tuslaw) Pahanish (S Range) Stanke (J-M) Studebaker (CCC)
113-Edwards (Rootstown) Savoca (Crestwood) Ryder (Tuslaw) Virden (Columbiana) Massek (S Range) Tice (Wellsville) Ascani (CCC) Dellick (E Palestine)
120-Viront (Tuslaw) Markulin (S Range) Prikryl (Rootstown) Ondash (Crestwood) Foster (Waterloo) Krzyston (Wellsville) Hancock (CCC)
126-Keenan (S Range) Kline (Rootstown) Houser (Crestview) Seka (J-M) Tice (Wellsville) Ober (Crestwood) Horvath (Tuslaw)
132-Duvall (Rootstown) Staton (J-M) Strahan (Crestwood) Maali (S Range)
138-Chilson (Rootstown) Wonner (Crestview) Cianciola (CCC) Morgenstern (Crestwood) Crawford (United) Green (Columbiana) Canter (Waterloo)
145-Marthey (Tuslaw) Milhoan (Southern) Pizzuto (J-M) Ricketts (Crestview) Pancake (S Range) Schoepe/White (Rootstown) Bragg (Waterloo) Sarge (Wellsville) Gutowski (Crestwood)
152-Shirley (Tuslaw) Parrish (Columbiana) Kerner (Wellsville) Cusick (Crestview) Nitzky (J-M) White/Youngblood (Rootstown)
160-Ryder (Tuslaw) Anderson (Rootstown) Tyrell (Crestwood) Cormell (S Range) Robinson (Waterloo) Schneider (United)
170-Hardenbrook (Crestview) Eberhart (Tuslaw) Oborn (Crestwood)
182-Langguth (Rootstown) Morris (Southern) Hamrick (Tuslaw) Lippiatt (United) Youngblood (Waterloo)
195-Boyle (Rootstown) Loar (Tuslaw) Whitehead (Columbiana) Lowe (Southern) Kiko (United) Pelino (Crestview) Langford (Crestwood)
220-Czap (S Range) Knox (Tuslaw) Mitchell (J-M) Hartzell (Western Reserve)
285-Babick (Crestview) DeAngelis (Rootstown) Lowry (Crestwood) Phillips (Western Reserve)

Team wise I am not really sure about Rootstown. Anderson was banged up pretty bad at the PTC Tourney last week as his participation is questionable (my opinion). What weight will Boyle settle on (195-220)? I think it will be nip and tuck with Tuslaw and at least this weekend I think Tuslaw may pull it out. A lot of this conjecture is if Anderson can compete. Should be an exciting day of wrestling. Good luck to all the seniors. Good health and good luck to all wrestlers! See you Saturday.

Some may be at the wrong weight on my above list. Some of the results I looked through were a bit dated. Also I didn't find any results for Springfield. I'm sure they have wrestlers worth a mention. A little help.

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 02-21-19 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-22-19, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

^^^^^^
I put the wrestlers in an order that should resemble the final placing. The 195 final (if it occurs) between Boyle and Loar should be a good one. Most weights have a clear favorite and they are listed 1st. 120 and 126 are pretty deep weights with several very good wrestlers vying for that all important #1 vs #4 bracket place going into Garfield Hts.

Good luck to all wrestlers!!
Old 02-22-19, 07:39 AM
All District

wrestler24 is on a distinguished road
Has Boyle been at 195 at all this year? He looks like a big 220
Old 02-22-19, 08:59 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler24 View Post
Has Boyle been at 195 at all this year? He looks like a big 220
I understand he made 195 flat at state duals just didn't wrestle 195.
Old 02-22-19, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

Seed Nominations

http://www.baumspage.com/nesect/ro3/...ominations.txt

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 02-22-19 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-22-19, 05:24 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Does Rootstown agree with the seed nominations?
Old 02-22-19, 07:48 PM
Freshman

fireflyer7051 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardens35 View Post
Does Rootstown agree with the seed nominations?
Yes, of course we do. Seeding criteria was published, and followed. That’s all we asked for with the state duals: publish criteria and follow it.
Old 02-23-19, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

Seeding is up and here is what I think (not that it matters much). If everyone makes weight and there are no skin issues to drastically change the seeding.

106-Szuhay is a returning state placer and the obvious favorite. Lyons, Stanke and Pahanish should fill in the rest of the district qualifiers (henceforth known as DQ's).

113-Edwards is top dog. Then Savoca, Ryder and Virden.

120-Prikryl gets the top seed but this weight is deep. I see no clear cut favorite. Viront will be unseeded and his bracket placement will make this a very interesting day at 120. I'll take Prkiryl/Ondash to make the Top half semi with Prikryl making the final. At the bottom I'll take Markulin/Foster to clear to the semi with Markulin advancing and taking the title. Consolations will be difficult for the wrestlers and to predict. Consolation round 3 and semi's will be very good matchups. I look for one of Viront, Foster or Ondash to be the alternate and a non named wrestler may surprise me and get to Garfield Hts.

126-I look for a Keenan/Kline with Keenan winning this weight. Houser will be a problem for Kline and could win the bottom half. Regardless these three should advance to Garfield Hts with one of Horvath, Tice, Garner or Ober getting 4th.

132-Duvall, Wonner, Seka, Ernst are prohibitive favorites to advance. 3rd-4th places will be competitive with Maali and Strahan wanting to be spoilers.

138-Another weight with a very clear favorite in Chilson.

145-Marthey. The winner of the Pizzuto/Pancake 1/4 should advance and I'll take Ricketts as well.

152-Shirley, then Cusick and Cormell should get top 3. Schoepe is my pick for #4 but it won't be easy.

160-Ryder, Tyrell, Anderson,Robinson

170-Wide open. No clear cut favorite here.

182-Langguth, Lippiatt, Morris, Youngblood

195-Loar and Boyle in the final. Lowe and Whitehead should fill in the DQ's. There is a great chance that all 4 of these wrestlers will represent NE Ohio D3 in Columbus in two weeks.

220-With Boyle dropping this is Czap's weight to win.

285-Wide open.

www.nwntv.com will be airing live audio starting at 10:00. If any wrestling fans have specific matches that an out of town relative or friend might want to listen in to just come up to balcony and slip us a note. Last week at the PTC tourney we had a request from Hawaii!

Good Luck to all wrestlers!!
Old 02-23-19, 09:58 AM
Freshman

Isojedi is on a distinguished road
Live audio of Rootstown Sectionals

www.nwntv.com
Old 02-23-19, 10:55 AM
Freshman

Live Audio of Rootstown Sectionals

Broken link has been fixed. Quarterfinals live right now at nwntv.com.
Old 02-23-19, 04:38 PM
Freshman

Finals at 5:30pm - Live Audio

www.nwntv.com
Video on Demand set for sometime tomorrow.
Old 02-24-19, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

Sectional finals:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Isojedi