Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-17-17, 06:14 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
OCC Week 5 predictions?

Big Games:
Gahanna - Dublin Coffman: Although I want my Shamrocks to win, logic says Gahanna will win this one in a good battle. Coffman's lack of consistency will be the factor as Gahanna is well balanced and with depth on both sides of the ball.

Olentangy Liberty - Pick North: Pick North's air attack win's this one with my #1 rated QB last year and this year in the OCC.

Lancaster - H Davidson: Although nothing major on the line here, we have two ground and pound teams that are hard nosed and capable of anything. This is a must for Davidson to get things turned around.

H Bradley and Thomas Worthington: Never thought this would be the case as far as a big game but it is. Pulling for Worthington just because but think Bradley wins this one.

Other Games in the OCC
Pick Central - Upper Arlington: The Bears have been the victors the last few meetings and dethroned the Tigers from top ratings last year. The Tigers Offense will score high and their defense possibly gives UA's struggling offense another shutout.

Reynoldsburg - Westerville Central: Reynoldsburg has better talent, but Central executes better and has a more effective coaching staff.

Grove City - Franklin Heights: Would be nice to GC snap the long losing streak but it don't happen this week. Franklin has been playing too consistent.

Olentangy Braves - Marysville: Marysville has improved but not enough to compete and overcome the talent and game plan the Braves will bring. Braves win convincingly.

Westerville North - New Albany: North is playing better so I'm going with North.

Olentangy Orange - Neward: Blowout if Orange chooses to.

Westerville South - Big Walnut: South's running game wins this one even if nothing else works for them.

Jerome - Darby: Darby's execution and discipline wins this one. They may not have the biggest or most talented cast, but they always come to play.

Kilbourne - Bishop Hartley: Hartley victimizes another OCC team.

Delaware - Scioto: Delaware wins this one. Don't know much on them, so can only guess.

Central Crossing - Groveport: Central Crossing has enough, although not great, to beat Groveport. Central Crossing wins.

Westland - Canal Winchester: No clue here either. Random guess going with Canal.

Possible upsets and biggest disappointment this week.

Coffman beating Gahanna?

UA going two straight weeks with a shutout?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-17, 08:03 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Scioto isn't losing to Delaware .
Old 09-17-17, 09:05 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Big Games:

Lancaster - H Davidson: Although nothing major on the line here, we have two ground and pound teams that are hard nosed and capable of anything. This is a must for Davidson to get things turned around.
The On-the-Road-by-8:55 Bowl. I'd consider heading to Fulton Field for this one, but fear a repeat of Darby/Davidson, which was too much...even for me.
Old 09-17-17, 11:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
The On-the-Road-by-8:55 Bowl. I'd consider heading to Fulton Field for this one, but fear a repeat of Darby/Davidson, which was too much...even for me.
Really wish I could be at that one, but I have to see my Shamrocks and Gahanna. I am expecting an exciting game but fear coming up short in the end.
Old 09-18-17, 09:08 AM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hear ya. I will be there as always. I think HD wins this one. I do not think Lancaster has a strong of a run defense as the others Davidson lost to.Lancaster does not have a refined spread passing attack that exposes the HD defense. HD made some good defensive adjustments (finally) against Liberty in the second half and shut them out. HD was driving at the end and got to around the Liberty 17 yard line to try and tie the game but just ran out of time to run the ball and was forced to pass the last 2 plays. We know those are long odds.I expect HD has a good chance to be 4-3 going into the Coffman game.I saw improvement in the second half against Liberty.
Old 09-19-17, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

Is Thomas Worthington real enough this season to give Bradley a game?
Old 09-19-17, 08:30 AM
All District

Quote:
I would like to see TW give them a go but honestly I'm not seeing that. I think Bradley wins by 4 touchdowns or more IMO.
Does Bradley have any team left on the schedule that can test them ? They sure haven't been tested yet. A team that wants to make an impression in the playoffs usually has to have the 1 or 2 gut check games during the regular season.10-0 is looking very probable. They could be in for a rude awakening in the second round of the playoffs when their opponent is way better than any other team they have faced during the regular season.
Old 09-19-17, 08:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Thomas has enough to compete with Jerome, Scioto, and Darby and to beat Delaware, but not enough to beat (or even compete with) Bradley. Even if Bradley lays a giant egg like they did against Scioto last year.

Bradley's biggest threat for the next 6 weeks is overconfidence. But even overconfidence and bad coaching likely won't be enough to keep them from going 10-0.
Old 09-19-17, 09:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thomas has enough to compete with Jerome, Scioto, and Darby and to beat Delaware, but not enough to beat (or even compete with) Bradley. Even if Bradley lays a giant egg like they did against Scioto last year.

Bradley's biggest threat for the next 6 weeks is overconfidence. But even overconfidence and bad coaching likely won't be enough to keep them from going 10-0.
Wishful thinking for TW. Two programs I would like to see have a little success for their hard work is TW and Westland. They always seem to keep their heads high no matter what, and there are never any reputable issues with parents or problems with sportsmanship.
Old 09-19-17, 10:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Wishful thinking for TW. Two programs I would like to see have a little success for their hard work is TW and Westland. They always seem to keep their heads high no matter what, and there are never any reputable issues with parents or problems with sportsmanship.

Yeah it's been rough for TW and Westland for years now. I would like to see both of those programs have success as well. I think it's more probable at TW than it is at Westland. Westland has a tougher schedule being in the OCC Central while TW's schedule got less challenging with their move out.I would also think the money factor in the district generally would favor a school like TW over Westland.
Old 09-19-17, 12:27 PM
Freshman

Burt_Terry is on a distinguished road
TW is very much improved. They have a good QB and a very talented running back. I do not feel they have enough to compete with Bradley. Maybe TW will want this more than Bradley because the QB left the Worthington District to attend Bradley. Win one for Kilbourne!
Old 09-19-17, 12:30 PM
All Ohio

Is the TW transfer to HB the starter at HB?
Old 09-19-17, 12:31 PM
Freshman

Yes he is the starter, but transferred from Kilbourne. Sorry
Old 09-19-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

Ok, that makes sense because I didn't remember hearing anything out of TW about it. He is the #1 QB in the OCC right now as far as a rating. Well deserved.
Old 09-19-17, 12:49 PM
All World

Wasn't even the full time starter at Kilbourne last year ? This is his third school ? Well he"s ok but it's more the fact that he has excellent weapons , time to throw and the teams he has gone against don't have the athletes to keep up with his weapons over 48 minutes . No disrespect meant but he isn't making Taylor and Anderson look good , it's the other way around
Old 09-19-17, 01:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Wasn't even the full time starter at Kilbourne last year ? This is his third school ? Well he"s ok but it's more the fact that he has excellent weapons , time to throw and the teams he has gone against don't have the athletes to keep up with his weapons over 48 minutes . No disrespect meant but he isn't making Taylor and Anderson look good , it's the other way around
Tru dat, Stivie. Like Mike Evans and Jonah Morris made Johnny Manziel and Danny Clark look a lot better than they actually were, a similar dynamic is at play out at Bradley. No disrespect intended, just a reality.
Old 09-19-17, 03:04 PM
All World

Also don"t forget the earnest Matt Saracen was buoyed by Smash Williams and Tim Riggins . Riggins is an all timer

" Tim Riggins I have seen you play some of your greatest games hungover "

". Buddy Garrity "
Old 09-19-17, 03:59 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Completely understandable. No reasonable individual (except for maybe a fan of their fiercest rivals) roots against programs like Westland, Thomas, etc. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Franklin Heights have success last year.

I still think Bradley beats TW, and I don't think it will be all that close. That said, that's why they play 'em. You just never know.
Old 09-19-17, 06:49 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Alum View Post
I would like to see TW give them a go but honestly I'm not seeing that. I think Bradley wins by 4 touchdowns or more IMO.

Does Bradley have any team left on the schedule that can test them ? They sure haven't been tested yet. A team that wants to make an impression in the playoffs usually has to have the 1 or 2 gut check games during the regular season.10-0 is looking very probable. They could be in for a rude awakening in the second round of the playoffs when their opponent is way better than any other team they have faced during the regular season.

This will definitely hurt Bradley come playoff time. The best team they will face all year by far will be their first playoff game. Might be another 1 and done for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-17, 06:50 AM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_rico View Post
This will definitely hurt Bradley come playoff time. The best team they will face all year by far will be their first playoff game. Might be another 1 and done for them.

Oh no! Did you just call the OCC Ragu weak? Better hunker down for the revisionist history lessons you are about to receive!

Agree with most of the OP,other than whomever wins the Gahanna/Coffman game it really wouldn't be an "upset". They are 2 very good teams taking the field and are probably pretty evenly matched at the end of the day. This is a turnovers/mistakes game, whoever makes less should win.

One other point, Grove City's coach came from Franklin, so he knows all those kids. At least in his head, the move to GC was a step forward, so I would not be surprised to finally see them snap the streak.
Old 09-20-17, 06:58 AM
Varsity

Hawkster is on a distinguished road
I expect Grove City will snap their 16 game losing streak with a win over Franklin Heights this week. GC will be getting several players back from a 2 game suspension. Won't be surprised if GC wins by 2 touchdowns or more.
Old 09-20-17, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

Pulling for Grove City. They played decent against Olentangy and lost a heartbreaker to Central Crossing. Maybe they do win this one. The Marysville results is why I am thinking they may not do it this week.
Old 09-20-17, 08:03 AM
All World

Things got worse for Westland:

@Westland_FB coach Kyle Goebbel reports that junior quarterback DeShawn Evans has been lost for the season with a broken lower leg
Old 09-20-17, 08:13 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Things got worse for Westland:

@Westland_FB coach Kyle Goebbel reports that junior quarterback DeShawn Evans has been lost for the season with a broken lower leg
Tough break for Westland. And they usually have low participation numbers so depth has to be a factor here.
Old 09-20-17, 08:18 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
I see the OCC Ohio going 5-1 in crossover play this week....maybe 6-0. Lancaster vs Davidson is the only crossover match up which has me worried.
Old 09-20-17, 11:43 AM
Freshman

man what a blow to Westland. If I am not mistaken, Westlands coach's brother has been pretty successful at the college ranks. Would not be surprised if the Westland coach moved on. I sure hope not, but you never know

TW does not have enough to beat Bradley. With the receiving core that Bradley has, even a Browns QB could throw to them.

Orange is going to open peoples eyes this year

Olentangy is always scary

Davidson will get back on the winning path

GC gets players back from suspension and will deal with FH
Old 09-20-17, 12:14 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Which GC players were suspended?

Old 09-20-17, 12:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt_Terry View Post
man what a blow to Westland. If I am not mistaken, Westlands coach's brother has been pretty successful at the college ranks. Would not be surprised if the Westland coach moved on. I sure hope not, but you never know

TW does not have enough to beat Bradley. With the receiving core that Bradley has, even a Browns QB could throw to them.

Orange is going to open peoples eyes this year

Olentangy is always scary

Davidson will get back on the winning path

GC gets players back from suspension and will deal with FH

Definitely agree with you on Orange. That D is very strong and has been going back to last year.
Old 09-20-17, 12:34 PM
All World

It would be a nice turnaround as last year during week 5 crossover week , the Ohio was 1-5 . I agree I think the Ohio does much better this year
Old 09-22-17, 10:04 AM
Freshman

BigSlim614 is on a distinguished road
Grove City gets 3 players back from suspension due to be outright knuckleheads. I respect Coach Varney and the administration for doing what they did. The loss of those starters was the difference in the CC game. No way Central Crossing wins with those chuck it up Quail passes if the suspended players were playing in the secondary.
Still, I will give credit where credit is due CC never quit down 15 and made the plays, they won a great game. Too bad a missed extra point didn't send that game to OT. As for tonight versus Franklin Heights, I think the streak of 706 days without a win comes to and end. Expecting a lot of points in this one from both sides.