Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-16-18, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Clearly it wasn't a problem for a lot of people. It's not a requirement and I don't care if it was a tradition or not. I didn't care when any candidates released them in the past. I thought it was pretty stupid really.
Old 04-16-18, 04:29 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
His modus operandi is CHAOS , personal or not . It' s to be the absolute center of attention as much as possible. He is a master deflector , subject changer and his tweets are meant to shock and garner attention.

So is this what you mean by shaking things up ? Or is it the record breaking personnel turnover with more firing and resignations than any other Prez in their first year and change? ? the not having enough people who will work for him to fill up needed positions what you had in mind?
Old 04-16-18, 04:29 PM
All World

What's stupid about it ? Explain how it is stupid to have a show of transparency . I know you personally don't care about anything here, Pin stud , but if you don't see it as a symbol of hiding something even if most Trumpies could care less what he really does or doesn't do in most cases , it is something that isn't a huge deal but telling , again not to you , i get it but the principal matters to some .
Old 04-16-18, 04:32 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
His modus operandi is CHAOS , personal or not . It' s to be the absolute center of attention as much as possible. He is a master deflector , subject changer and his tweets are meant to shock and garner attention.

So is this what you mean by shaking things up ? Or is it the record breaking personnel turnover with more firing and resignations than any other Prez in their first year and change? ? the not having enough people who will work for him to fill up needed positions what you had in mind?
Iím just talking about lifting the lid on both sides of the toilet that DC is. You have to admit, nothing is being spared by this POTUS, he is an equal opportunity pot stirrer
Old 04-16-18, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's stupid about it ? Explain how it is stupid to have a show of transparency . I know you personally don't care about anything here, Pin stud , but if you don't see it as a symbol of hiding something even if most Trumpies could care less what he really does or doesn't do in most cases , it is something that isn't a huge deal but telling , again not to you , i get it but the principal matters to some .
For one, I don't think your tax returns don't show that much. Two, I didn't care about Obama's or W's or Clinton's or anyone else's. I don't see it as hiding anything. Frankly, I think it's private information and we shouldn't see it. The government already has it. Let them review it for irregularities if there is a need.

And to be honest, this is why we're getting candidates like Trump & Hillary. Good people don't want their private lives investigated like this just because they are running for public office. We're chasing away good candidates.
Old 04-16-18, 04:52 PM
All World

I agree, running for office in this information age is brutal , no doubt good candidates are asking" Is it worth it? Sometimes they have a real higher purpose and pay that privacy price . But no doubt some say Screw it .
Old 04-16-18, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So you are saying that al the previous Presidents the last 50 years were foolish? And Donnie is wicked smahhht ?

I'll will not go with that answer and answer rather obviously . There are things on his tax returns that the poor rural red state and swing state voters and downtrodden and working class rural folks who put him in office to shake things up might not be down with who he is financially in terms of what he has paid and not paid .

I am sure you bought that 'Leaked" return that was obviously handpicked by trump who orchestrated the release to be the norm of his tax returns. I only add that because I can predict that response .

The guy won't look good to the Average folks he claims to care about and actually put him in office . If it made him look charitable and there was nothing to be a bit sheepish about Trump would be bragging about his GREATEST TAX RETURNS IN HISTORY and release them lol no anger just channeling him shouting such nonsense
Just out of curiosity, what, exactly, do you suspect that his tax returns would reveal?
Old 04-16-18, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Releasing tax returns allows the opposition to do one thing. What that one thing is depends upon which side the candidate is on.

If the candidate is a Republican, it allows Democrats to point out how "low" their tax rate is, and thus they don't "pay their fair share". It basically gives Democrats a populist talking point for about a week out of the campaign cycle. It's a stupid talking point because the Democrats never bother to specify how much would be considered a "fair share".

If the candidate is a Democrat, it allows Republicans to point out how little that candidate gives to charity. It basically allows the Republicans to chastise the Democrat candidate for not being caring enough. This is a stupid talking point because most liberals have the philosophy that government should be addressing the problems that most charities actually address.

If you expect there to be some actual evidence of some sort of moral or legal wrongdoing on a candidate's tax returns, though, you really don't know what is and is not shown on tax returns.

You can say it is a tradition, but it is a stupid tradition that should be done away with.
Old 04-16-18, 05:43 PM
All World

Well seeing as he was he was the ONLY one in 50 years NOT TO do it says he might not like what it shows to people and what it represents . My GUESS is he didn't pay a large amount of taxes despite being a billionaire , creative accounting that he has the money to pay the best accountants to find the loopholes , and that some may be straddling the line of legality , which is where a lot of the richer people live in this regard .

This rare stratosphere is where Trump has lived his entire life , so it would underscore the huge difference between him and much of his base , not just in bottom line net wealth which they all know but that he plays an entirely different set of rules than the modest hard working REAL Americans that got him over the hump.
Old 04-16-18, 05:44 PM
All World

It's obvious that you just worship and wil find creative ways to back the Trumpster, you are doing a helluva job keep it up
Old 04-16-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well seeing as he was he was the ONLY one in 50 years NOT TO do it says he might not like what it shows to people and what it represents . My GUESS is he didn't pay a large amount of taxes despite being a billionaire , creative accounting that he has the money to pay the best accountants to find the loopholes , and that some may be straddling the line of legality , which is where a lot of the richer people live in this regard .

This rare stratosphere is where Trump has lived his entire life , so it would underscore the huge difference between him and much of his base , not just in bottom line net wealth which they all know but that he plays an entirely different set of rules than the modest hard working REAL Americans that got him over the hump.
So tradition for tradition's sake?

So you would be opposed to same sex marriage, then, no?
Old 04-16-18, 05:45 PM
All World

Also i never said CRIMINAL why so damn defensive at al times , i know Trump is but you people have nothing to worry about, you have the great man for another 2.7 years , enjoy it lol
Old 04-16-18, 05:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's obvious that you just worship and wil find creative ways to back the Trumpster, you are doing a helluva job keep it up
You got me. I am the world's biggest Trump fan.

Old 04-16-18, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Also i never said CRIMINAL why so damn defensive at al times , i know Trump is but you people have nothing to worry about, you have the great man for another 2.7 years , enjoy it lol
Uhmmm. I didn't say "CRIMINAL" either.

Try again.
Old 04-16-18, 05:49 PM
All World

It's transparency , trump has been the ONLY one to not do it, spin it anyway you want use semantics word play tradition i a different context than I did . Of course never anything to see move along Trump is a truthful ethical; man, I am starting to get it I am a convert , I see the light of the real genius
Old 04-16-18, 05:51 PM
All World

Legal Wrong doing is what you said . Semantics is your friend . No need to try you don't know much or what you are talking about anyway , that is really clear
Old 04-16-18, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's transparency , trump has been the ONLY one to not do it, spin it anyway you want use semantics word play tradition i a different context than I did .
Transparent to see ... what, exactly? Like I said, there are two usual talking points that come from the release of candidate's tax returns, and both side's talking points are stupid.

Quote:
Of course never anything to see move along Trump is a truthful ethical;
I know I never said anything like that. Here is a free clue for you - I was NEVER a big Trump supporter.

Quote:
man, I am starting to get it I am a convert , I see the light of the real genius
You know it is possible to take a position other than one of the two extremes, right?
Old 04-16-18, 05:54 PM
All World

Never said for traditions sake , and you bring up same sex marriage why ? I personally don't care who gets married, . My view on it is that my marriage with a woman isn't diminished by the fact that Two people of the same sex do the same thing.

It doesn't take away from the institution and my marriage , I wish all people well who make that type of commitment .
Old 04-16-18, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Legal Wrong doing is what you said . Semantics is your friend . No need to try you don't know much or what you are talking about anyway , that is really clear
You do know that not all legal wrongs are criminal, don't you?
Old 04-16-18, 05:55 PM
All World

So what is your position exactly? Which Republican candidate did you support and why ?
Old 04-16-18, 05:56 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
The guy is stand up. Comey and Mueller are guardians of democracy.
If you call sucking up and towing the line in order to keep your job and then spouting off only when you are fired, then you have a strange concept of "stand up guy". He is a spineless weasel who didn't even have to guts to whistle blow but instead broke the law by leaking to a law school professor in order to game the system while cowering in a corner in order to stay employed.

If he was a "stand up guy" and believed the venom he is spewing, he would has said "sorry Mr. President, I can no longer serve as the head of your FBI" and leave in dignity.

Cowardly, self important, self righteous twit is what he is.
Old 04-16-18, 05:56 PM
All World

Your weird semantic bullcrap is lame and boring . Jesus just say what you believe and think already
Old 04-16-18, 06:00 PM
All World

Comey may be self righteous , but he wasn't sucking up to Trump certainly . he didn't yet know the depth's of Trump's incompetence yet , or what kind of sheet stain he was dealing with .

This wasn't years of being hypocritical , it was a whirlwind relationship , your creative ways of making Trump look respectable is commendable but the real dishonest unethical and incompetent person in that situation was Trump every day and twice on Sundays
Old 04-16-18, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Never said for traditions sake ,
You did seem to be putting a lot of stock in the ... custom ... of the last 50 years of candidates releasing their tax returns. Do you know if, during that time, any candidate's tax return revealed anything about the candidate - other than the talking points I already noted (the Republican doesn't pay enough taxes and the Democrat doesn't give enough to charity)?

Quote:
and you bring up same sex marriage why ?
As another example (though much more deeply rooted - by several thousand years) of a tradition. You seemed all hung up on it, so I was exploring its real value to you.

Quote:
I personally don't care who gets married, . My view on it is that my marriage with a woman isn't diminished by the fact that Two people of the same sex do the same thing.

It doesn't take away from the institution and my marriage , I wish all people well who make that type of commitment .
Fair enough. See we CAN agree on some things.

Though I do find it odd that you so deeply value a tradition that has been around for only 50 years, but care so little for a tradition that has been around for several thousand years.
Old 04-16-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So what is your position exactly?
That the tradition of a candidate releasing their tax returns is stupid and should be abandoned as such.

Quote:
Which Republican candidate did you support and why ?
I'm not a Republican.
Old 04-16-18, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Your weird semantic bullcrap is lame and boring . Jesus just say what you believe and think already
What I believe and think? That the liberals who rail so much against Trump do so ONLY because of the R next to his name. Up until about 8 years ago, the guy was a Democrat and incredibly popular amongst the same crowd that is now screeching for his impeachment.

Old 04-16-18, 06:08 PM
All World

Didn't say i care very little for that value , but times change society's change and norms change . I respect the vows more than I do who makes them . And I certainly never said or even conveyed that the releasing of the tax returns was a tradition was one I cared for deeply , that was my strawman cousin I suppose.

Deeply value ? nice one . Trump has broken the sacred tradition LOL seriously man get a grip, inserting other people's feelings into your narrative never works . Deeply value ? wow . care LITTLE? I don't care who commits to each other in this way is what I actually said and that i respect the commitment . You reading comprehension is a bit sketchy .
Old 04-16-18, 06:10 PM
All World

But not one Democrat EVER THOUGHT HE SHOULD LEAD THE PARTY , and never would have nominated him for that and you know that. Trump has said that himself .

Look it up . he actually said this " IF I EVER RUN FOR PREZ , IT WILL BE AS A REPUBLICAN , THOSE PEOPLE WHO WATCH FOX NEWS BELEIVE ANYTHING . Thank you for reiterating a point I already made
Old 04-16-18, 06:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
... And I certainly never said or even conveyed that the releasing of the tax returns was a tradition was one I cared for deeply , that was my strawman cousin I suppose... .
My bad. That must have been someone else that made several posts whining and complaining about how Trump didn't release his tax return, despite every candidate for the past 50 years doing so.
Old 04-16-18, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
But not one Democrat EVER THOUGHT HE SHOULD LEAD THE PARTY , and never would have nominated him for that and you know that. Trump has said that himself .
Instead, they nominated Hillary Clinton - probably the only person on the planet who could LOSE to Donald Trump.

Quote:
Look it up . he actually said this " IF I EVER RUN FOR PREZ , IT WILL BE AS A REPUBLICAN , THOSE PEOPLE WHO WATCH FOX NEWS BELEIVE ANYTHING . Thank you for reiterating a point I already made
Let me guess, I'm supposed to be offended or defensive about Fox News or something? Yeah, I'm not their biggest fan either, so ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: