Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-25-18, 08:10 PM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
I looked it up Jefferson does have a brutal schedule, but my point stands, out east the football is not the greatest. Lakeside, conneut, jefferson, Geneva, St. John, Edgewood all have been bottom feeders. Maybe a fresh young face that runs a innovative offense, a tempo driven offense like fballfan (errr I mean Gresco) . Can steer Jefferson back up again.
If they played those schools you listed it would be a whole lot easier for them. Unfortunately they dont play many of them at the moment so thats why it will be tough for anyone who takes over but hey, thats the way it usually goes when taking over a program. If they had a nice wave of talent coming through they wouldnt be looking for a new coach more than likely.

Can you describe this innovative offense that Gresko runs? What makes it innovative?
Old 03-25-18, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Whoever the coach is, he is going to have his hands very full for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-25-18, 08:35 PM
Varsity

Lex Luger is an unknown quantity at this point
Kenston Head Coach was mentors offensive coordinator, and they run tempo and pile up points. I only watched kenston play once last year, the one game I went to last year. And kenston scores at will. I’m pretty sure they scored more points than every team in there conference. But I can’t tell you what makes them innovative. That you will have to ask fballfan 10. I mean gresco.
Old 03-25-18, 09:04 PM
All District

Fballfan10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kenston Head Coach was mentors offensive coordinator, and they run tempo and pile up points. I only watched kenston play once last year, the one game I went to last year. And kenston scores at will. Iím pretty sure they scored more points than every team in there conference. But I canít tell you what makes them innovative. That you will have to ask fballfan 10. I mean gresco.

You guys are too much!
Old 03-25-18, 09:20 PM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
Never once have I said Iíve known him. Iím a football fan that absolutely loves high school football. You guys are nuts haha Alls I said in the West G thread was pretty much why hire a guy that hasnít ever won? Iíd much rather hire a coach who has been a part of winning tradition like Kenston has been. I was at the Kenston West G game last year and kenston destroyed us... They were fast at running plays and had a tough defense.. Thatís why I liked Gresko to get the job. And yes I did bash Sopkovich a little because as a parent I was unhappy about it.

And based of Greskoís camps, my friends kids go to his camps and they are supposedly very motivational and have good speakers talk to the youth. Thatís all I really know about his camps.
Kenston should be very good the next couple years, no doubt. "winning tradition" is all how you look at it though. 13-17 since joining the WRC and 56-44 in the last 10 years. WG is 63-37 in the same time frame according to the Dads who I know. So both programs seem pretty solid. Then again, you were still in school for half that time.

Can someone speak to the other candidate? I feel gresko is giving himself too much time on this thread. Anyone know about the other guy's background?
Old 03-25-18, 09:30 PM
All District

Head coach at Jefferson Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post
Kenston should be very good the next couple years, no doubt. "winning tradition" is all how you look at it though. 13-17 since joining the WRC and 56-44 in the last 10 years. WG is 63-37 in the same time frame according to the Dads who I know. So both programs seem pretty solid. Then again, you were still in school for half that time.

Can someone speak to the other candidate? I feel gresko is giving himself too much time on this thread. Anyone know about the other guy's background?

Pretty sure that the last time Kenston was in the Weak CVC they won the conference lol. Canít compare the CVC to the WRC. Also compare the passed six years since Grubich and company came to kenston. Been to the playoffs 3-6 years, two conference championships.. been to the playoffs 2 years. Making it to the second round twice. take a look at at maxpreps. Your proof is in the pudding.
Old 03-26-18, 07:51 AM
Go Black and Gold!

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Quit feeding the trolls (whoever you consider it to be). It's disappointing expecting to see an update on a Jefferson coach to only find petty spats from other threads spilling over into this one.
Old 03-26-18, 08:42 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post
Quit feeding the trolls (whoever you consider it to be). It's disappointing expecting to see an update on a Jefferson coach to only find petty spats from other threads spilling over into this one.
In the words of the Dread Pirate Roberts ďget use to disappointmentĒ.

And I did ask about the other candidate...thanks for your contribution.
Old 03-26-18, 09:08 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold View Post

Youíre 100% correct. I gave an update from what I heard. Gresko and Phillips. Phillips is from an Ashtabula school which I donít really know much about those schools out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-18, 09:48 AM
Varsity

Well let’s stop now I don’t want to slander gresco in any way. Great coach with good future.
But stop being his personal cheerleader. Let’s talk football on a football chat room.
Old 03-26-18, 09:50 AM
Varsity

Jefferson is best of bad football out east hopefully new coach can get them going again.
Putting kids in bad situation if no coach is hired soon
Old 03-26-18, 12:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Jefferson is best of bad football out east hopefully new coach can get them going again.
Putting kids in bad situation if no coach is hired soon

Hasnít Jefferson won games in previous years though? Didnít they make a playoff run a couple of years back? I could be completely wrong. Like I said I donít know much about the schools out that way. The last few years they have been pretty awful from what I have read on Football scoop. I saw that they were coming off of a 1-9 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-18, 01:46 PM
All District

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
2010 - 4-6 (10 seed in the region though)
2011 - 7-3 (10 seed)
2012 - 8-2 (9 seed, barely missed playoffs)
2013 - 3-7
2014 - 7-3
2015 - 6-4
2016 - 5-5
2017 - 1-9

So looks like things have been on the decline the last few years. No playoffs in the last decade. Been close a few times. Not sure what caused such a big decline though

(Source is Joe Eitel website so no one here accuses me of being a coach applying for the job or someone who already coaches there. you know who you are. Just interested in all local positions and I was curious about their recent records as well) I remember Jefferson being decent over the last decade or 2 and not in the doldrums like everyone here makes it seem
Old 03-26-18, 01:50 PM
Varsity

I see you redid 2012. Because they missed playoffs then
Now it says barely missed
Old 03-26-18, 01:53 PM
Varsity

Does Jefferson have open enrollment
If one team out east could start winning
With open enrollment, that school could start getting all the neighboring schools athletes
Old 03-26-18, 01:56 PM
All District

Quote:
I see you redid 2012. Because they missed playoffs then
Now it says barely missed
Bad eyes. Thought it said they were 8 seed but they were 9 seed. I can't be perfect all the time, just most
Old 03-27-18, 04:51 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Going 8-2 and missing the playoffs just shows how bad their schedule was that year
Old 03-27-18, 07:24 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Going 8-2 and missing the playoffs just shows how bad their schedule was that year

Schedule is brutal now though. 6 teams with winning records (all playoff teams) and 2 5-5 teams played last year. Tough
Old 03-27-18, 10:37 AM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does Jefferson have open enrollment
If one team out east could start winning
With open enrollment, that school could start getting all the neighboring schools athletes
Thatís our plan
Old 03-27-18, 12:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Kimble View Post
Thatís our plan

Open enrollment could be huge in that area bc not to many of the teams have to many great players on each team but if you could steal one good player from a few teams that could make a huge different
Old 03-28-18, 05:55 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
Open enrollment could be huge in that area bc not to many of the teams have to many great players on each team but if you could steal one good player from a few teams that could make a huge different
You could say that about a lot of areas in Ohio though. Just look at the 3 Parma schools. Each school always has a few good players but none of those teams will ever be great. If they combined those 3 teams, they'd be competitive every year
Old 03-28-18, 07:12 AM
Varsity

Yes but Parma schools if I am correct have huge (pay to play) fees. So athletes who want to play sports usually go to catholic schools
Old 03-28-18, 07:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Yes but Parma schools if I am correct have huge (pay to play) fees. So athletes who want to play sports usually go to catholic schools
Yea I believe they do, but thats even more reason consolidation wouldn't be a bad thing. There are plenty of local options available (Padua, Holy Name to name a few), but usually Parma, Forge and Normandy get a few decent players each year too. The one RB Forge had a few years ago is playing at Purdue now. He was a truck I remember.

But anyways, wouldn't be a bad thing for a few Ashtabula schools to consolidate. But from the looks of the records over the last 10 years, it's not like Jefferson has been helpless. They've been somewhat competitive until this last year.

Hopefully they get a coach soon. Not good for kids for a coach to be hired this late.
Old 03-28-18, 10:28 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
You guys seemed more impressed with Henson than the Jefferson people ever were. They have had plenty of talent up until this year, and he never made the playoffs. The winning years were when he was playing down versus the now Blue tier teams. The Basketball coach leaving after taking them to 2 District championship games was a much bigger blow than this will be.
Old 03-28-18, 11:34 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown5 View Post
You guys seemed more impressed with Henson than the Jefferson people ever were. They have had plenty of talent up until this year, and he never made the playoffs. The winning years were when he was playing down versus the now Blue tier teams. The Basketball coach leaving after taking them to 2 District championship games was a much bigger blow than this will be.
In his defense. Ashtabula county isnít exactly good at football. No team from Ashtabula has faired well in the AAC consistently, and itíll be the same for years to come. Jefferson doesnít have a lot of talent coming up and I know Edgewood has nothing.
Old 03-30-18, 11:32 AM
Varsity

Who got job?
Old 04-01-18, 05:35 AM
Varsity

Who got the job?
Old 04-01-18, 07:25 AM
Varsity

Cmon did gresco get the Jefferson job or not?
Old 04-01-18, 08:53 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Cmon did gresco get the Jefferson job or not?
It's getting late in the process. Not doing the kids any favors...
Old 04-04-18, 07:18 PM
Varsity

Any news on the hire?
Bueller bueller