Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-18, 04:43 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Not sure why My2sense has not posted this yet being is he is lead trumpet for Tom Benson Stadium. So here is latest article. The contractors STILL have not been paid. The bridge loan still isn't completed.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201802...-still-pending
And this one.

Why did you leave large chunks of the article out?
Old 02-26-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
And this one.

Well; how about because the material is under copyright and the accepted
method is to give a partial posting of said material (preferred with quotes,
or using the bbc quote function) and a link to the source!

:>---

EGA
Old 02-26-18, 07:01 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Well; how about because the material is under copyright and the accepted
method is to give a partial posting of said material (preferred with quotes,
or using the bbc quote function) and a link to the source!

:>---

EGA
Sure....that's it. It isn't because the left out part contradicted his, "all is well" mantra. Lol.
Old 02-26-18, 07:40 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And this one.

Not sure what you are saying I left out, I posted the link.
Old 02-26-18, 07:49 PM
Moderated User

Im talking to my2cent, asking why HE left out the negatives. Not you.
Old 02-26-18, 08:04 PM
All World

Quote:
im talking to my2cent, asking why he left out the negatives. Not you.
👍✌️
Old 02-27-18, 01:20 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure what you are saying I left out, I posted the link.
Try to keep up genius. LOL
Old 02-27-18, 02:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Well with you posting half articles and untruths it is a little difficult.
Old 02-27-18, 03:51 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
You can respond with a smart arsed tone here but no explanation of why you continue to post half truths?

Please help us help you.
Old 02-27-18, 10:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Well with you posting half articles it is a little difficult.
If half an article is difficult, good thing I didn't put the whole thing on here.

BTW - plans going on for the HOF concert, yet another great event at Benson. Maroon 5 anyone?

And sam the b - you do know the definition of insanity right? Yet you keep asking me questions. LOL
Old 02-27-18, 10:21 PM
Moderated User

Here's another question for you based on your thread title....your title reads...."seems the OHSAA know something...."

Are you letting Brian write your headers now? Lol. What, not enough time now that you're writing slogans for the OHSAA now? Lol.
Old 02-27-18, 10:25 PM
Moderated User

And yes, you're finally right about something, it is insane of me to ask a coward to answer a question he KNOWS will out him as a liar.
Old 02-28-18, 06:21 AM
All American

Another off topic post aimed at me. That's not insane
Old 02-28-18, 06:23 AM
All American

Lead story in today's Repository - state funds to be released the next two years for HOF Village. Someone must think there is going to be something built there.
Old 02-28-18, 07:49 AM
All World

Quote:
Lead story in today's Repository - state funds to be released the next two years for HOF Village. Someone must think there is going to be something built there.
Again with the half truths. This is from the article.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201802...o-stark-county

"The $1 million earmarked for the Village’s planned Center for Excellence would be from the higher education improvement fund and would be funneled through Northeast Ohio Medical University.

The Center for Excellence is expected be a 125,000 square-foot medical and office building that has the permanent scoreboard for Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium built into the side.

Aultman already has signed on to anchor the facility and move its occupational medicine services there. Other plans include a focus on care delivery, safety, performance and research. Programming could include a coaches’ university, an officiating institute and a corporate excellence academy.

Projections included in a 2017 contract between developers and construction manager Welty Building Co. put the cost of building the Center for Excellence at $30 million. It’s not clear when construction will begin.

Agreements approved between the city of Canton and Village developers, however, stipulate the center must break ground by the end of the year and must be built 2 1/2 years after construction starts."

That last part that I bolded will be very difficult to achieve being is they don't have anybody willing to build anything over there till the contractors who built the stadium are paid the 8+ million owed. Plus the hotel and parking deck need to be built first.

But other than that M2M, all is well.

Old 02-28-18, 08:53 AM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again with the half truths. This is from the article.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201802...o-stark-county

"The $1 million earmarked for the Villageís planned Center for Excellence would be from the higher education improvement fund and would be funneled through Northeast Ohio Medical University.

The Center for Excellence is expected be a 125,000 square-foot medical and office building that has the permanent scoreboard for Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium built into the side.

Aultman already has signed on to anchor the facility and move its occupational medicine services there. Other plans include a focus on care delivery, safety, performance and research. Programming could include a coachesí university, an officiating institute and a corporate excellence academy.

Projections included in a 2017 contract between developers and construction manager Welty Building Co. put the cost of building the Center for Excellence at $30 million. Itís not clear when construction will begin.

Agreements approved between the city of Canton and Village developers, however, stipulate the center must break ground by the end of the year and must be built 2 1/2 years after construction starts."

That last part that I bolded will be very difficult to achieve being is they don't have anybody willing to build anything over there till the contractors who built the stadium are paid the 8+ million owed. Plus the hotel and parking deck need to be built first.

But other than that M2M, all is well.

I also wonder what terms will be proposed when they bid out the next project. I assume many of those contractors (assuming they are eventually paid) will bid again but I also think they will protect themselves with a quicker payment for service timeline and a larger profit margin given what happened on the stadium.
Old 02-28-18, 04:02 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Lol....and twice as many think there won't.

Could you PLEASE post something....anything....that even resembles the truth? Please?
Old 02-28-18, 06:48 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The mechanics liens for Benson need to be satisfied by the end of this week. So far, no word on the $100 mil loan. The Hoover settlement is also coming due shortly. We'll know very soon how this is going to pan out.

If Lichter ends up in court with the construction companies next week and the Hoover plant enters into active foreclosure, then I think it's safe to say both projects will never proceed under his control. Consider them dead unless another developer decides to finish them. Canton looks to have covered their bases a lot better than North Canton did in case that happens, at least. My guess is that the Port Authority signs off on the loan, though, and things continue with IRG in control. We'll see.
Old 02-28-18, 08:49 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
My guess is that the Port Authority signs off on the loan, though, and things continue with IRG in control. We'll see.
The Port Authority meeting today was canceled.
Old 02-28-18, 10:21 PM
All World

Quote:
The mechanics liens for Benson need to be satisfied by the end of this week. So far, no word on the $100 mil loan. The Hoover settlement is also coming due shortly. We'll know very soon how this is going to pan out.

If Lichter ends up in court with the construction companies next week and the Hoover plant enters into active foreclosure, then I think it's safe to say both projects will never proceed under his control. Consider them dead unless another developer decides to finish them. Canton looks to have covered their bases a lot better than North Canton did in case that happens, at least. My guess is that the Port Authority signs off on the loan, though, and things continue with IRG in control. We'll see.
I think the only way this thing moves forward is without IRG. I also think the HOF has new investors waiting in the wings but they can’t do anything till IRG defaults on their end.
Old 02-28-18, 11:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
The Port Authority meeting today was canceled.
Uh-oh. Rescheduled or no?

Do they have to be in session to sign? I'd think they would but I don't know how state law sets a port authority up.
Old 02-28-18, 11:07 PM
All American

Oops, well... I guess Matas at the Rep says no loan. https://twitter.com/amatasREP/status/968955185098821639

IRG just bought an old IBM campus in Minnesota. 490 acres, 34 buildings. That's gonna cost a lot more than a Wal-Mart in Cleveland. Scumbag! Pay your bills! https://twitter.com/amatasREP/status/968128353923403776
Old 03-01-18, 12:29 PM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I think the only way this thing moves forward is without IRG. I also think the HOF has new investors waiting in the wings but they canít do anything till IRG defaults on their end.
This will be decided by the court as to the Future of the Hall of Fame Village project if the Hoover District is seized and foreclosed on there is also some Federal money that has disappeared
Old 03-01-18, 03:51 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
This will be decided by the court as to the Future of the Hall of Fame Village project if the Hoover District is seized and foreclosed on there is also some Federal money that has disappeared
Yeah but....everything is good....
Old 03-02-18, 07:55 PM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
SATURDAY at 8:00 AM
(PS- this has been published on various forms of social media)

Good Morning,

The Canton City School District Board of Education has scheduled a special meeting for Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. The purpose of the special meeting will be to authorize and approve actions to facilitate a proposed bridge loan to the Hall of Fame Village LLC and its affiliates to pay and provide for obligations relating to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium or other Hall of Fame Village costs.

The meeting will be held in the Commons at McKinley Senior High School Downtown Campus, 521 Tuscarawas Street W - Canton, Ohio, 44702.

Thank you and have a good day!

--
Jeff Gruber
Treasurer
Canton City Schools
1312 Fifth Street SW
(330) 438-2509
Canton, OH 44707
Old 03-02-18, 09:17 PM
All American

And its affiliates. How nice of Canton City Schools to pay for the underwater Hoover plant.

But what about the Port Authority?
Old 03-02-18, 09:26 PM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
Quote:
And its affiliates. How nice of Canton City Schools to pay for the underwater Hoover plant.

But what about the Port Authority?
Google Bridge Loan

CCS is not paying a cent.
Old 03-02-18, 10:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
Google Bridge Loan

CCS is not paying a cent.
What is the relationship between CCS and the HOF LLC? I know CCS owned Fawcett -- what land, if any do they own or otherwise lease to IRG/the HOF? I'm well aware of what a bridge loan is, and I know that CCS isn't cutting a check. Something is going in hock for a short-term capital infusion. Since CCS has to sign, I'm just curious as to what their liability is (if any) should the bridge loan not be paid. You know, like the developer has a habit of doing and the reason he's facing a civil fraud case. Google Great American Capital Partners. You might not like what you see.
Old 03-02-18, 10:23 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
there is going to be something built there.
this is all you need to know.

"There is going to be something built there."
Old 03-03-18, 08:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
SATURDAY at 8:00 AM
(PS- this has been published on various forms of social media)

Good Morning,

The Canton City School District Board of Education has scheduled a special meeting for Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. The purpose of the special meeting will be to authorize and approve actions to facilitate a proposed bridge loan to the Hall of Fame Village LLC and its affiliates to pay and provide for obligations relating to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium or other Hall of Fame Village costs.

The meeting will be held in the Commons at McKinley Senior High School Downtown Campus, 521 Tuscarawas Street W - Canton, Ohio, 44702.

Thank you and have a good day!

--
Jeff Gruber
Treasurer
Canton City Schools
1312 Fifth Street SW
(330) 438-2509
Canton, OH 44707
Let's see what happens. Although if it's good some people will be very disappointed.
Closed Thread