Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-10-18, 04:06 AM
All District

micketty is on a distinguished road
Mcnick played badin last Friday who had beaten Purcell the previous Friday. Best team mcnick has seen?
Old 01-10-18, 08:14 AM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by micketty View Post
Mcnick played badin last Friday who had beaten Purcell the previous Friday. Best team mcnick has seen?
Well mcnick beat Badin by 2 at mcnick. Purcell lost to Badin by 4 at Badin In probably the worst game purcell has played all year mixed with just awful officiating. Every team usually has one or two games they are just off. Game is at Purcell. Based on mcnicks schedule yes Purcell Will be the best team they have seen for sure. Mcnick will not be the best team Purcell has seen played Moeller, Eastmoor academy to tight games. That’s why this game is interesting. Mcnick is really good for sure. But let the losses fool you. Purcell has to win to stay in the hunt for the GCL. If Mcnick wins they could walk away with it
Old 01-10-18, 09:42 AM
Junior Varsity

Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Well mcnick beat Badin by 2 at mcnick. Purcell lost to Badin by 4 at Badin In probably the worst game purcell has played all year mixed with just awful officiating. Every team usually has one or two games they are just off. Game is at Purcell. Based on mcnicks schedule yes Purcell Will be the best team they have seen for sure. Mcnick will not be the best team Purcell has seen played Moeller, Eastmoor academy to tight games. Thatís why this game is interesting. Mcnick is really good for sure. But let the losses fool you. Purcell has to win to stay in the hunt for the GCL. If Mcnick wins they could walk away with it
There was awful officiating in the Badin-McNick game too if you want to play that game. Seeing how you also blamed the officials in Purcell's loss to Fenwick it seems you like that excuse.

Despite the loss Purcell is a better team than Badin and is probably the best team McNick has faced. I think Purcell wins this game and especially if they go inside to their big kids. McNick is not tall and has no real inside game to speak of. Reidy is sensational and Burdick is good but against Badin only one other player scored. Not sure they can beat Purcell with little to no production out of their other players.

Should be a good game.

Also:
Badin over RB
Fenwick handles Alter
Carroll - CJ ?? First one to 35 wins
Old 01-10-18, 06:26 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Fenwick Falcons

Fenwick off to 6-2 start, but seeks consistency

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...WbmBCWcXly4XL/
Old 01-11-18, 10:54 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Algar View Post
There was awful officiating in the Badin-McNick game too if you want to play that game. Seeing how you also blamed the officials in Purcell's loss to Fenwick it seems you like that excuse.

Despite the loss Purcell is a better team than Badin and is probably the best team McNick has faced. I think Purcell wins this game and especially if they go inside to their big kids. McNick is not tall and has no real inside game to speak of. Reidy is sensational and Burdick is good but against Badin only one other player scored. Not sure they can beat Purcell with little to no production out of their other players.

Should be a good game.

Also:
Badin over RB
Fenwick handles Alter
Carroll - CJ ?? First one to 35 wins
I think the numbers show that the game v Badin was an outlier. According to the Coed website aside from Reidy/ Burdick avg Double figures McNick has 5 other with over a 4 pt game average: Ehlers 7.4, Kellerman 6.5, Lang 6.5, Brunot 5.5, Belmont 4.3. Thats pretty good production from your 3,4,5 players and off the bench.
Old 01-16-18, 08:55 PM
All World

McNick 55 (12-0)
Loveland 41

CJ Friday, Purcell Saturday
Old 01-19-18, 03:57 PM
All American

Badin-Fenwick

Badin vs. Fenwick: A game-by-game history

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/h...YEm8HhsghT97J/
Old 01-19-18, 09:25 PM
All World

McNick 62
CJ 48
Old 01-19-18, 10:11 PM
All American

Badin-Fenwick

Fenwick 61
Badin 56

Overtime
Old 01-20-18, 12:49 AM
All American

Badin-Fenwick

Fenwick fights off Rams for 61-56 overtime victory

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...8RvCWumpYTKIP/
Old 01-20-18, 09:04 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Interesting game tonite in the Coed. McNick @PM. Thinking these two teams likely split so I see PM winning tonite @ home ending the Rockets 13 game win streak. Playing last night doesn't help the Rockets cause either. With their remaining schedule rockets look to lose 3 games total, just 2 cents.
Old 01-20-18, 09:15 AM
All World

Purcell played last night as well so if its fatigue you are concerned about it works both ways.
Old 01-20-18, 09:17 PM
All World

Purcell 54
McNick 47
Old 01-21-18, 12:12 AM
All Ohio

It was clear tonight purcell was the best team mcnick had faced yet. Riedy is a beast but none of their other guys played a factor. Purcell controlled the entire game. After Purcell took a 3 point lead at half mcnick never got within 4.
Old 01-23-18, 08:52 PM
All World

McNick 75 (14-1)
Western Brown 47 (9-5)
Old 01-23-18, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
McNick 75 (14-1)
Western Brown 47 (9-5)
Good to them back to winning. Maybe now whoever runs their teams twitter will stop whining
Old 01-24-18, 06:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Good to them back to winning. Maybe now whoever runs their teams twitter will stop whining
I don't follow twitter except to catch the score. Is that little spat still going on?
Old 01-24-18, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I know your talking about the response to the Enquirer article but you didn't mention the fact that Purcell athletics twitter (I'm assuming run by an adult) openly mocked one of Mcnick's team catchphrases after they beat them on Saturday. Nice.
Old 01-24-18, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don't follow twitter except to catch the score. Is that little spat still going on?
No but they complained enough to get the writers to edit the oringinal
Article to include the tweets.
Old 01-24-18, 09:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I know your talking about the response to the Enquirer article but you didn't mention the fact that Purcell athletics twitter (I'm assuming run by an adult) openly mocked one of Mcnick's team catchphrases after they beat them on Saturday. Nice.
Yes it did tweet out the whole Heart over hype after the win which I donít agree with. But letís rewind. Who ever runs the official Mcnick basketball twitter early in the week trolled a purcell parents twitter (the father of the kid who was quoted in the article about mcnick talking ) then trolls the pm student section later in the week on twitter. But only after mcnick loses and the article is printed mcnicks official basketball twitter goes on ridiculous twitter tirade demanding on behalf of all mcnick alumni staff and players the article be changed. Basically calling the player a liar that was interviewed. Continued to whine and complain till about 1am when finally one of the writers included a snap shot of the tweets in the article with 0 explanation. Give me a break 🙄😭😭
Old 01-24-18, 09:57 AM
All World

What did the McNick twitter say when they trolled @ Purcell? Was it just fun stuff or something worth getting upset about? It's all childish in my opinion unless the first tweet was out of line somehow.

Last edited by Irwin20; 01-24-18 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-24-18, 10:07 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Yes it did tweet out the whole Heart over hype after the win which I donít agree with. But letís rewind. Who ever runs the official Mcnick basketball twitter early in the week trolled a purcell parents twitter (the father of the kid who was quoted in the article about mcnick talking ) then trolls the pm student section later in the week on twitter. But only after mcnick loses and the article is printed mcnicks official basketball twitter goes on ridiculous twitter tirade demanding on behalf of all mcnick alumni staff and players the article be changed. Basically calling the player a liar that was interviewed. Continued to whine and complain till about 1am when finally one of the writers included a snap shot of the tweets in the article with 0 explanation. Give me a break 🙄😭😭
So while we are all worried about how our kids behave on social media - we really should be worried about the adults?
Old 01-24-18, 10:28 AM
All World

Quote:
So while we are all worried about how our kids behave on social media - we really should be worried about the adults?
I find it hard to believe that anyone in charge of the "official" McNick Basketball Twitter site tweeted anything derogatory re. Purcell. Like I said I don't really follow the site except to see the scores but if it was there and McNick is denying it that's kind of silly. Maybe I'm completely wrong here but thats not the culture that McNicholas wants to project.
Old 01-24-18, 12:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that anyone in charge of the "official" McNick Basketball Twitter site tweeted anything derogatory re. Purcell. Like I said I don't really follow the site except to see the scores but if it was there and McNick is denying it that's kind of silly. Maybe I'm completely wrong here but thats not the culture that McNicholas wants to project.
It was nothing i would consider derogatory. A Purcell parent tweeted a video of Purcell celebrating after beating lasalle. In the video there is something about beating mcnick their next game. The mcnick basketball page took the tweet and reposted with some sort of emojis. They kid they interviewed in the article is the son of the parent that originally posted the tweet. His son like most teens took that as trash talk so he said in the article ď they were doing some talking and we talked with our playĒ that was it. Thatís all the set off who ever runs mcnicks basketball twitter on a 2 hour hissy twitter fit.
Old 01-24-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:
It was nothing i would consider derogatory. A Purcell parent tweeted a video of Purcell celebrating after beating lasalle. In the video there is something about beating mcnick their next game. The mcnick basketball page took the tweet and reposted with some sort of emojis. They kid they interviewed in the article is the son of the parent that originally posted the tweet. His son like most teens took that as trash talk so he said in the article ď they were doing some talking and we talked with our playĒ that was it. Thatís all the set off who ever runs mcnicks basketball twitter on a 2 hour hissy twitter fit.
Ok thanks. So no big deal.
Old 01-24-18, 04:02 PM
All Ohio

petroglyph is on a distinguished road
Rare year that Alter plays this poorly.Getting pasted by Fairmont is a new low. Lack of talent ,effort or a team playing with a scheme not well matched to what's on the floor? Had a chat pre and mid season w a staff member. Was curious as to what others are seeing this year
Old 01-24-18, 05:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
Rare year that Alter plays this poorly.Getting pasted by Fairmont is a new low. Lack of talent ,effort or a team playing with a scheme not well matched to what's on the floor? Had a chat pre and mid season w a staff member. Was curious as to what others are seeing this year
Alter is interesting. Not sure whatís up there. They lost a lot last year so they are rebuilding a bit but normally they have great fresh & jv teams again this thatís not the case.
Old 01-24-18, 05:40 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter is interesting. Not sure whatís up there. They lost a lot last year so they are rebuilding a bit but normally they have great fresh & jv teams again this thatís not the case.
Alter girls in the same (or worse) situation. From State champs to worse team in the Coed.
Old 01-24-18, 06:03 PM
All District

micketty is on a distinguished road
McNick at Fenwick on Friday. Best team the rockets have faced this year.
I also was curious about alter. Did Petro ever have a season that poor?
Old 01-24-18, 06:05 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
Alter must finally be out of Laravies.