Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-15, 08:54 PM
All American

Whackem'n'Stackem' is an unknown quantity at this point
The beginning of the end for Trump?

His latest sophomoric comments about Carly Fiorina will, mark my word, signal his demise and it will ultimately cost him the nomination. It wasn't a matter of if, but when.....bye bye Mr. Chump
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-15, 08:58 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
We'll see. This would be at least the third "this time he's REALLY toast" moment of the campaign so far.
Old 09-09-15, 09:07 PM
All American

Yes but he attacked a respected, legitimate candidate in a childish way. Many people were waiting for this moment and now we have it. He will lose alot of support from evangelicals on the fence as well as women. He is toast
Old 09-09-15, 09:13 PM
All American

Smile

Jeb and Ben are smiling
Old 09-09-15, 09:40 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackem'n'Stackem' View Post
Yes but he attacked a respected, legitimate candidate in a childish way.
Yeah because this has never happened before.
Old 09-10-15, 12:12 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Yeah because this has never happened before.
+1
Old 09-10-15, 05:55 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
You overestimate the right base, lol.
Old 09-10-15, 06:47 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Considering Trump is now beating Madame Secretary nationwide, I'd wager his support comes from a little more than the "right base."
Old 09-10-15, 08:19 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
If you want to defend those type of comments from a candidate for President that is fine with me. And here I thought I was being kind.
Old 09-10-15, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you want to defend those type of comments from a candidate for President that is fine with me. And here I thought I was being kind.
Hillary said she was sorry after 6 months. You need to give Trump at least the same amount of grace, if not more. He insulted an opponent; Hillary insulted the intelligence of over 300 million Americans, not to mention violated policy and the law.
Old 09-10-15, 09:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
Hillary said she was sorry after 6 months. You need to give Trump at least the same amount of grace, if not more. He insulted an opponent; Hillary insulted the intelligence of over 300 million Americans, not to mention violated policy and the law.
He insulted a woman. A horrible slip up for his campaign. People were looking for his true colors with each scripted interview. What they got was the real Trump caught off the record. He is toast.
Old 09-10-15, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
He insulted a woman. A horrible slip up for his campaign. People were looking for his true colors with each scripted interview. What they got was the real Trump caught off the record. He is toast.
I hope so. The Repubs have several people I think are qualified to be POTUS, and Trump isn't one of them. He is a result of people being sick of career politicians, gridlock on all sides in DC, and political candidates saying whatever will poll best instead of what is really in their heart and head, even if they are a sick heart and head such as Trump has.

I'll be in a real fix next November if Trump is running against Hillary - I can't vote for Hillary, and won't throw away my vote to some fringe candidate because I don't like Trump. If everything stays as it is now, I'd have to hold my nose and vote for Trump

On a side note; if insulting a woman (vs insulting a man) can alone disqualify a candidate, they what does that say about women vs men on the world stage. Fiorina can either defend herself, ignore the boob Trump, or quit trying to tell us she is qualified to be POTUS. Gotta have a thicker skin.

Old 09-10-15, 10:10 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
I hope so. The Repubs have several people I think are qualified to be POTUS, and Trump isn't one of them. He is a result of people being sick of career politicians, gridlock on all sides in DC, and political candidates saying whatever will poll best instead of what is really in their heart and head, even if they are a sick heart and head such as Trump has.

I'll be in a real fix next November if Trump is running against Hillary - I can't vote for Hillary, and won't throw away my vote to some fringe candidate because I don't like Trump. If everything stays as it is now, I'd have to hold my nose and vote for Trump

On a side note; if insulting a woman (vs insulting a man) can alone disqualify a candidate, they what does that say about women vs men on the world stage. Fiorina can either defend herself, ignore the boob Trump, or quit trying to tell us she is qualified to be POTUS. Gotta have a thicker skin.

She missed her chance last night on the Kellye File. She blew it off when instead could've used it to say "Hey America, hey women, is this really the person you want in the White House representing you?" It would've spoke volumes but instead she laughed it off and unknowingly played right into his hand.
Old 09-10-15, 10:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
She missed her chance last night on the Kellye File. She blew it off when instead could've used it to say "Hey America, hey women, is this really the person you want in the White House representing you?" It would've spoke volumes but instead she laughed it off and unknowingly played right into his hand.
If she wanted to play the gender card, I agree with you. I think she was trying to show she is too 'presidential' to stoop to responding to a juvenile insult.
I don't want a candidate because "it is time" for a black, female, Hispanic, etc POTUS......I want candidates who are qualified for the office to run against each other on their merits.

Guess I'm living in a fantasy world
Old 09-10-15, 10:34 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Ok, help me understand.

I hold doors for women, lift items for them, carry groceries in from the car. All this because I believe women are different than men. Better at many things emotional and nurturing, worse at fighting and construction.

So, we are told women can compete on even par in a mans world. Why then is it considered worse to take a crack at a woman than a man? If they intentionally aspire to compete with men, do it evenly and without regard for sex when making comments.

As for Trump, I really wondered if he found her an easy target in his mind, like women are weak kind of thing.

I too will be in a quandary next fall, but will not throw my vote away on a third party. I am not sure at this point whether I would vote red or blue if it's lying Clinton vs. Pigheaded Trump.
Old 09-10-15, 10:40 AM
Cooling Off

Shawn Kemps Kids is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
uh....the real Trump has been around, where you been?
Old 09-10-15, 10:42 AM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny; he is far from toast. Carly should just make a joke about the mop on his head and carry on.

I do look forward to Trump's upcoming comments regarding Clinton's appearance; that should be hilarious.

Somebody in the political world calling it like he sees it, with total disregard for political correctness --- wow --- rather refreshing.
Old 09-10-15, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Ok, help me understand.

I hold doors for women, lift items for them, carry groceries in from the car. All this because I believe women are different than men. Better at many things emotional and nurturing, worse at fighting and construction.

So, we are told women can compete on even par in a mans world. Why then is it considered worse to take a crack at a woman than a man? If they intentionally aspire to compete with men, do it evenly and without regard for sex when making comments.
Notwithstanding WhackemStackem's desire to have Fiorina play the gender card, I think Fiorina did exactly what you describe when she dismissed Trump's attack as being motivated more by her rising in the polls than her sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
As for Trump, I really wondered if he found her an easy target in his mind, like women are weak kind of thing.

I too will be in a quandary next fall, but will not throw my vote away on a third party. I am not sure at this point whether I would vote red or blue if it's lying Clinton vs. Pigheaded Trump.
Sometimes I wonder if Trump is actually TRYING to blow his lead in the polls. I think he looked upon this campaign as a big joke, much like the joke campaigns of Spuds McKenzie, Randi of the Redwoods, and Earl Pitts (Uh-Mer-Ih-Can) in the '80s and '90s and didn't expect to be taken seriously. Of course he can't admit that, or he doesn't get the tax writeoff for the money spent on his "failed" campaign. Now he is starting to realize that he might actually win and he doesn't want to take that big of a pay cut, so he is trying to think of a not-so-obvious way to sink his own campaign.

Just a thought.
Old 09-10-15, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Trump has shown he can say whatever he wants and it doesn't affect him ... it's really the main reason people are drawn to him
Old 09-10-15, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Trump has shown he can say whatever he wants and it doesn't affect him ... it's really the main reason people are drawn to him
Exactly. If Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, or one of the other candidates had said this, there would be a huge backlash, because it would be portrayed as them showing the hidden misogynist (woman hater, for those of you educated in the last 20 years ) that they truly are. For Trump, it is pretty much expected of him, so the damage will be slight.

Also, the usually vocal women's voices will be silent because Trump insulted a conservative, who, in their view, is not worthy of defending.

Remember how the libs had crude and vile things to say about Palin when she was a candidate for VP, and nary a word from the women's groups.
Old 09-10-15, 03:12 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
That's because the women's groups are not really about women at all; they are about political power .......liberal political power.
Old 09-10-15, 09:30 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
To be honest I'm surprised his comments in regards to women haven't fried him by now but I guess people really don't care how insulting he can be.
Old 09-13-15, 02:03 AM
Freshman

Cowboy45013 is on a distinguished road
Children you are talking about the next Ronald Reagan have some respect. At least he doesn't treat you like Hillary and thinks 300+ million people are stupid!
Old 09-13-15, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's not just the right base, the left is looking to go hard left - Hillary is feeling the presence of Sanders and a senior democrat, Biden, is asking a 1st term senator, Warren, if he should run.......

I've said this for months, I don't think Hillary gets the nomination. If by chance she does, I think she's wounded enough that IF Trump gets the Republican nomination (and I don't think he will either) he will actually have a chance.

You under-estimate the left base....
Old 09-13-15, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I do think that the right has to be very careful here. We are developing a set of circumstances that could really benefit a third candidate.

The left seems to be banking on the (handout crowd + one-issue obsessives = 51%) equation. The right needs to be sure to not be perceived as leaning too much toward big business, or someone with a message like Trump's really could swoop in and grab a huge bite from the "salt of the earth" types in the middle. Maybe even more than enough to sway the outcome as Perot did in his run, but even 2nd or 1st in the tally. Hillary-Trump-Romney could be an example.

Like him or not, Trump has an established voice. Ratings whores in the media will flock to him, so he can effectively convey or reshape a message while spending far less than someone else would have to. It's all about timing.

On a side note, the potential for three candidates should plainly illustrate to EVERYONE why the Electoral College system is needed forever. A simple majority could completely give control to a very narrow demographic standing in a very deep line should there be 3 candidates. The Founders knew what they were doing. They were far more thoughtful than most of us.
Old 09-13-15, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Not me,I like his ties.
Old 09-14-15, 07:05 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy45013 View Post
Children you are talking about the next Ronald Reagan have some respect. At least he doesn't treat you like Hillary and thinks 300+ million people are stupid!
You signed up 9 years and 8ish months ago and this was your first post. I think I love you.
Old 09-14-15, 07:22 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
To be honest I'm surprised his comments in regards to women haven't fried him by now but I guess people really don't care how insulting he can be.
In fairness, he's an equal opportunity insulter. He insults men, women and everything in between. That, and I don't understand how when he insults one women that it's the same as insulting all women. Does that standard hold for men as well?
Old 09-14-15, 07:26 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kemps Kids View Post
You signed up 9 years and 8ish months ago and this was your first post. I think I love you.
Sorry to MU, SWMC, MoeDud, D4, Whackem, etc. for showing some homoerotic displays of affection and ruining this thread for you. Hopefully you won't burn your eyes with harsh chemicals to unsee this post.
Old 09-14-15, 08:03 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kemps Kids View Post
Sorry to MU, SWMC, MoeDud, D4, Whackem, etc. for showing some homoerotic displays of affection and ruining this thread for you. Hopefully you won't burn your eyes with harsh chemicals to unsee this post.
That's weak even for you...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: