Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-30-18, 11:50 AM
All District

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
UC bit on Moss this week
The only time I've seen Moss play live was against Sidney just recently in the tournament. I came away very impressed. Very strong athlete athlete who played his best when the game was on the line. He closed the door on Sidney.
Old 03-30-18, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
UC bit on Moss this week
Somewhat surprisingly good for a first offer, but like Gordon, Moss seems to fit the mold of a guy you'd expect to be on Cronin's team.

His recruitment is going to explode this spring/summer. Since UC jumped first, I would expect that at least a handful of MAC and Horizon League schools will offer in the next few weeks as he now looks like a "stretch" recruit for them to get.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-18, 12:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Somewhat surprisingly good for a first offer, but like Gordon, Moss seems to fit the mold of a guy you'd expect to be on Cronin's team.

His recruitment is going to explode this spring/summer. Since UC jumped first, I would expect that at least a handful of MAC and Horizon League schools will offer in the next few weeks as he now looks like a "stretch" recruit for them to get.

I wouldn't be surprised if West Virginia were close behind, Huggy Bear and Cronin, no surprise, like very similar type players.
Old 03-30-18, 12:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if West Virginia were close behind, Huggy Bear and Cronin, no surprise, like very similar type players.
I've been wondering if Huggy Bear is going to make the "breakthrough" offer for Amari Davis since he was at the state tournament on Saturday. I don't know that he makes the effort to go right at WVU gets knocked out of the tournament just to see a shaky looking Miles McBride make his first game action of the year.

Old 03-30-18, 12:34 PM
All District

Quote:
I've been wondering if Huggy Bear is going to make the "breakthrough" offer for Amari Davis since he was at the state tournament on Saturday. I don't know that he makes the effort to go right at WVU gets knocked out of the tournament just to see a shaky looking Miles McBride make his first game action of the year.

Good point. That whole C2K team is loaded with 2019 area talent that are uncommitted and looking for schollies in Moss, Amari Davis, and Dre. Then you have Samari Curtis, and I wonder how Mack leaving Xavier may have changed or affected his commitment to X. If they have a successful season they could blow up as a team with offers.
Old 04-16-18, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

lat is on a distinguished road
And Andre Gordon leaves Sidney for Huntington prep academy
Old 04-16-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
https://twitter.com/20dre/status/986016528003948544

Disappointing but I get it. Can't fault him for doing what he thinks is best for him.
Old 04-16-18, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
https://twitter.com/20dre/status/986016528003948544

Disappointing but I get it. Can't fault him for doing what he thinks is best for him.
Not sure it is the best for him now. Most players get recruited the most during junior year and during aau before their senior season. Either way hope it works
Old 04-16-18, 06:29 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
He should already have way more offers than he does.
Old 04-16-18, 06:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
He should already have way more offers than he does.
And why is that? Hes not a 65 guard who shoots lights out all the time hes a 62 point guard that has great athleticism good passer with great leaping ability but it still comes down to the fact he isnt a great shooter and plays hardly any defense. The offers he has so far is about right for what he has shown so far. The problem is people in Sidney thinks hes the next greatest thing but remember there are lots of 6 point guards out there. Hope the best and Im sure he will get bigger offers when he plays for Huntington prep
Old 04-16-18, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

We'll just agree to disagree and move on with our evening.
Old 04-16-18, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
We'll just agree to disagree and move on with our evening.
Please explain why he should have more offers Id like to know
Old 04-16-18, 07:41 PM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
I have no idea but I wonder if the football/basketball question had schools holding off on their offers?
Old 04-16-18, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
How old is he?
Old 04-16-18, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
How old is he?
I believe hes 18. Definitely not younger than that.
Old 04-16-18, 09:43 PM
All District

tndog is on a distinguished road
Gordon transferring to Huntington Prep
Old 04-16-18, 11:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
I believe hes 18. Definitely not younger than that.
Was told he was an older kid for a junior.
Old 04-17-18, 09:20 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lat View Post
And why is that? He’s not a 6’5” guard who shoots lights out all the time he’s a 6’2” point guard that has great athleticism good passer with great leaping ability but it still comes down to the fact he isn’t a great shooter and plays hardly any defense. The offers he has so far is about right for what he has shown so far. The problem is people in Sidney thinks he’s the next greatest thing but remember there are lots of 6’ point guards out there. Hope the best and I’m sure he will get bigger offers when he plays for Huntington prep
Lat you make a great point although he is a great high school player he's not an elite(Power 5) D1 point guard right now. There is a reason why he doesn't have any offers from hi-major schools at this point especially as a junior. If you look at D1 guards at his height/size at an elite level, they are exceptionally explosive. He's the same height as Trae Young may be even bigger but he's not remotely close to being that quick. That's the example of where he needs to be as an elite D1 point guard at that height. Young can blow past anyone or get his shot off against elite D1 guys. Gordon on that level, at this point can't blow by anyone on that level. If he was 6'5' or taller he'd be a perfect elite D1 pg however, at a low mid-major level(ex. MAC,HORIZON) he'd be better off with his size and speed. Now going to HP was a great move for him competitively, he'll compete against D1 level guys every nite for 44-50 games but even more important he'll open up his recruitment idk about bigger schools with those intangibles(too small to get his shot off,too slow go by anybody)but trust me if he was good enough for hi-major offers he'd have them by now.
Old 04-17-18, 09:23 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
I have no idea but I wonder if the football/basketball question had schools holding off on their offers?
If anything they'll like him more why do you think Moss from Springfield got the basketball offer. It's a win-win for the kid.
Old 04-17-18, 10:25 AM
All Ohio

This move can either help him or expose him.
Old 04-17-18, 10:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
This move can either help him or expose him.
Based on his current AAU play, it should help him significantly.
Old 04-17-18, 10:43 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Lat you make a great point although he is a great high school player he's not an elite(Power 5) D1 point guard right now. There is a reason why he doesn't have any offers from hi-major schools at this point especially as a junior. If you look at D1 guards at his height/size at an elite level, they are exceptionally explosive. He's the same height as Trae Young may be even bigger but he's not remotely close to being that quick. That's the example of where he needs to be as an elite D1 point guard at that height. Young can blow past anyone or get his shot off against elite D1 guys. Gordon on that level, at this point can't blow by anyone on that level. If he was 6'5' or taller he'd be a perfect elite D1 pg however, at a low mid-major level(ex. MAC,HORIZON) he'd be better off with his size and speed. Now going to HP was a great move for him competitively, he'll compete against D1 level guys every nite for 44-50 games but even more important he'll open up his recruitment idk about bigger schools with those intangibles(too small to get his shot off,too slow go by anybody)but trust me if he was good enough for hi-major offers he'd have them by now.
With all due respect there aren't a lot of 6'5 PG's out there. If you look at the 247 sports 2019 basketball rankings for PG's, of the top 20 pg's in the country only 6 of the 20 are taller than Andre who's 6'2. Lets go to the college game. Of the starting PG's in the Big Ten for the '17-'18 season, only 4 of the 14 them were taller than Andre. In the SEC 5 of 14 pg's are taller than 6'2. Without running the #'s of the pg's I saw the majority were easily 6'0 or shorter.

I think that much of the reason for the basketball scouts and coaches waiting back on Andre was an apprehension based on his unwillingness to commit to basketball over football. How much are you going to invests in recruiting a player to have him tell you, sorry coach I'm gonna play football in college.

You won't find a more explosive athlete bar none including Trae Young. With the exposure he's going to get combined with his court vision, passing ability, and ability to score, I think he's gonna skyrocket up the national rankings and I think it's only a matter of time before Power 5 offers start rolling in.
Old 04-17-18, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

I think the offers/lack of offers to date has to do with whether he's basketball or football, and he's clarified that he's basketball.

As soon as one offers a handful will start coming in. Only a matter of time before AAC, A10, and lower end Big 10 schools get on his radar. If he shows he can shoot it with better accuracy from range this spring/summer, he may manage better than that.

Old 04-17-18, 12:17 PM
All Ohio

Best of luck to this young man but a 5'11 pg grew up about 50 miles north of Sidney, had over a dozen big time offers and just played for a National Championship. Football may be the reason he does not have offers but his size and location are not the problem.
Old 04-17-18, 12:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Best of luck to this young man but a 5'11 pg grew up about 50 miles north of Sidney, had over a dozen big time offers and just played for a National Championship. Football may be the reason he does not have offers but his size and location are not the problem.
Agreed. I think it's fair to add though (& correct me if I'm wrong)Simpson didn't get his offer from UM until Sept. of his Senior season. No doubt though. I think Andre has something to prove. This AAU season and upcoming Senior season at HP will go a long way in moving him up the ranks or as you said exposing him. Of course it goes without saying that I absolutely believe it will be the former rather than the latter, but time will tell.

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 04-17-18 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-17-18, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat View Post
Please explain why he should have more offers Id like to know
Simple eye test. If Andrew Dakich can play high major D1 ball, Dre sure as hell can.

Side Note: Picked up an offer from Dayton today on an unofficial visit.
Old 04-17-18, 09:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Simple eye test. If Andrew Dakich can play high major D1 ball, Dre sure as hell can.

Side Note: Picked up an offer from Dayton today on an unofficial visit.
Best of luck Andre. Your Sidney fans are comparing you to Andrew Dakich.

Last edited by spirit454; 04-18-18 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-18-18, 06:03 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Tough blow for Sidney in both football and basketball.
Old 04-18-18, 07:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Tough blow for Sidney in both football and basketball.
He had already announced he was not going to play football I thought.

If his Sidney team or coach would have scheduled some bigger games would that have influenced him to stay? Of course they struggled against their local schedule so that may have been a disaster.
Old 04-19-18, 08:03 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the offers/lack of offers to date has to do with whether he's basketball or football, and he's clarified that he's basketball.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^...the boy can flat out play. Heard he just picked up a Dayton offer