Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-16-18, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
EP, you are that .1% you know EVERYTHING...
Obviously.
Old 04-16-18, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I truly believe Marge Schott was a sweatheart of a lady who was just in way over her head in running a business and handling the public. There was many times that went unnoticed where she was great to people and was very generous. She just didn't know baseball and business and tried to cut expenses anyway possible. I mean if you don't know baseball, why hire scouts when you have all kinds of players in the minor leagues?
I really think her comments on Hitler were taken way out of context. I mean, if you are a leader and are looking at other people who've led, can you not wonder who Hitler got so many people to follow him? Isn't there some thread of truth where he must have done something to get so many people to follow him.
She f**ked her way to the top. No problem throwing around racial slurs, but if you move in with your fiancé before marriage, that gets you fired?

And she was a hardcore alcoholic. The last time she really injured herself, was bc she got plastered at a party a friend of my parents threw. She stumbled out the front door and messed her hip up.
Old 04-16-18, 03:26 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Hey, I've got someone for you youngsters to compare to. If you watch any amount of NBA basketball, you've probably seen or heard Spurs cranky coach Gregg Popavich's post game comments. About 5 years ago when they were winning titles, it's was semi-amusing and a playful to the media. It's now old and tired. Pop takes every opportunity to tear down media members who ask legitimate basketball questions, now he does this in a very demeaning way, not really ever getting angry, just talking to them like they are children.

Scale back about 20-30 years. Bob Knight has some legendary media rants where he went bonkers to the media. You get a little uncomfortable when Pop goes off, he's like Mother Theresa compared to Knight.
Old 04-16-18, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hey, I've got someone for you youngsters to compare to. If you watch any amount of NBA basketball, you've probably seen or heard Spurs cranky coach Gregg Popavich's post game comments. About 5 years ago when they were winning titles, it's was semi-amusing and a playful to the media. It's now old and tired. Pop takes every opportunity to tear down media members who ask legitimate basketball questions, now he does this in a very demeaning way, not really ever getting angry, just talking to them like they are children.

Scale back about 20-30 years. Bob Knight has some legendary media rants where he went bonkers to the media. You get a little uncomfortable when Pop goes off, he's like Mother Theresa compared to Knight.
Knight was just an out of control pr1ck. They mentioned how important loyalty was to him, but the second he got pushback for something he did, he threatened to leave and take the New Mexico job. How’s that loyalty to his players? There’s also the prevalent rumor he kicked the IU President out of practice.
Old 04-16-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
She f**ked her way to the top. No problem throwing around racial slurs, but if you move in with your fiancé before marriage, that gets you fired?

And she was a hardcore alcoholic. The last time she really injured herself, was bc she got plastered at a party a friend of my parents threw. She stumbled out the front door and messed her hip up.
You think Marge Schott used her sex appeal to get to the top? Pboy’s a freaking loon.
Old 04-16-18, 04:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Knight was just an out of control pr1ck. They mentioned how important loyalty was to him, but the second he got pushback for something he did, he threatened to leave and take the New Mexico job. How’s that loyalty to his players? There’s also the prevalent rumor he kicked the IU President out of practice.
That does not shock me in the least, can you name any IU president the last 50 years?
Old 04-16-18, 04:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Look, I don't disagree with anything you are saying. No one stood up to Knight from the get go, he was highly successful, filled the arena and we're off an running. This is how guys like Paterno and many other of these coaches get so much power.
My other point is Knight's players graduated and rarely got into trouble. Something that is sorely missing in many of today's programs.
Old 04-16-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Look, I don't disagree with anything you are saying. No one stood up to Knight from the get go, he was highly successful, filled the arena and we're off an running. This is how guys like Paterno and many other of these coaches get so much power.
My other point is Knight's players graduated and rarely got into trouble. Something that is sorely missing in many of today's programs.
College bball is totally difft. There’s no reason for kids to stay 3-4 yrs when they can go to the NBA. Also, there’s far more opportunities to finish your degree on your own time with online courses.
Old 04-16-18, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this a Sweet Lou reference ?
Old 04-17-18, 07:12 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

To my knowledge Pop hasn't cursed or physically attacked media members, unlike Bob Knight. What a terrible comparison.
Old 04-17-18, 07:32 AM
All World

Quote:
College bball is totally difft. There’s no reason for kids to stay 3-4 yrs when they can go to the NBA. Also, there’s far more opportunities to finish your degree on your own time with online courses.
Descartes...only 5% actually every play any significant time in the NBA...you do realize that, don't you. Not every college basketball player goes on to the NBA, even at the big schools.
Old 04-17-18, 07:34 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
To my knowledge Pop hasn't cursed or physically attacked media members, unlike Bob Knight. What a terrible comparison.
I don't recall Knight physically attacking a media member, he did put a Puerto Rican security guard in a trash can one time in the Pan Am games back in the late 70's, early 80's.
All I'm saying is as today's media bristle at Pop, just think how they'd be in a Knight presser.
Old 04-17-18, 07:44 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I don't recall Knight physically attacking a media member, he did put a Puerto Rican security guard in a trash can one time in the Pan Am games back in the late 70's, early 80's.
All I'm saying is as today's media bristle at Pop, just think how they'd be in a Knight presser.
Oh, you're right that was the Indiana Sports Information Director and an NCAA volunteer he did those things to during a press conference.
Old 04-17-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Is this a Sweet Lou reference ?
Davey Johnson, who was fired after going to the NLCS. If people think the Donald Sterling comments were bad, they never heard what Marge Schott was accused of. And let’s be honest, we all know she said those things. It’s unfortunate Charles Schott had a taste for white trash p***y.
Old 04-17-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Oh, you're right that was the Indiana Sports Information Director and an NCAA volunteer he did those things to during a press conference.
He also got into it with the AD at Texas Tech at a salad bar. Someone should’ve punched this guy right in his face. That’s what really irks me is he still hasn’t learned his lesson.
Old 04-17-18, 09:46 AM
All World

Quote:
He also got into it with the AD at Texas Tech at a salad bar. Someone should’ve punched this guy right in his face. That’s what really irks me is he still hasn’t learned his lesson.
You really dislike him, don't you? And you're not in the minority.
Old 04-17-18, 09:47 AM
All Yappi

BTW, this was peak Stern. Epic.

Last edited by Descartes; 04-17-18 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-17-18, 10:25 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
PBoy is obsessed with Marge Schott's p****/sex life.
Old 04-17-18, 10:26 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Descartes...only 5% actually every play any significant time in the NBA...you do realize that, don't you. Not every college basketball player goes on to the NBA, even at the big schools.
Link for proof?

They dont need to be successful they just need one NBA contract and they will make more money off of that than a degree could ever give them. Even if they flop they still made out better than most graduates with a degree. Heck most graduates dont start out even making much money anyway. Also why cant they take those earnings and go back to school if they so choose? Sounds like making a few mill and going back to school is much better. It is obvious you are terrible in the financial department.

Epic troll job. Hats off to you
Old 04-17-18, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
PBoy is obsessed with Marge Schott's p****/sex life.
She had no business running that team. It’s like an old racist version of the owner in the movie Major League.

Seriously, how can you justify firing your Mgr who took your team to the NLCS bc he lived with his fiancé before they were married? Especially, when you’re a foul mouthed, drunk, racist old b1tch who didn’t even earn your ownership of the team.
Old 04-17-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You really dislike him, don't you? And you're not in the minority.
That 30 for 30 made me really hate him. Threatening to take the NM job was pretty despicable, tie that on top of the physical and verbal abuse, pure scum.
Old 04-17-18, 12:36 PM
All World

Quote:
She had no business running that team. It’s like an old racist version of the owner in the movie Major League.

Seriously, how can you justify firing your Mgr who took your team to the NLCS bc he lived with his fiancé before they were married? Especially, when you’re a foul mouthed, drunk, racist old b1tch who didn’t even earn your ownership of the team.
I feel like in todays world that is a lawsuit for unjust termination (depending on the state)
Old 04-17-18, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Pboy really is a raving lunatic.
Old 04-17-18, 01:44 PM
All World

Marge Schott was basically the Marilyn Monroe of the 80s and 90s
Old 04-17-18, 01:54 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Old 04-17-18, 04:42 PM
All World

You wouldn't hit that?
Old 04-17-18, 04:48 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
She looks like Mac's mom after a booze and coke bender
Old 04-17-18, 05:02 PM
All World

Lol well Dennis couldnt get her in bed.
Old 04-17-18, 05:03 PM
All World

So you would pass on her Crusaders?
Old 04-17-18, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

But she has a ring. She won it all. Isn't that the end all for any owner, manager, coach or player ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: