Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-16-18, 03:21 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That’s the type of Christian attitude that people hate. Ironically, it’s not very Christian to be so judgmental.
Not wanting to take this away from the original focus. However, Christ made it clear believing in Him was the only way to secure happiness in the life after this one. You either believe that or you don't.

I feel some need to point out what He said, but in no way feel need to say I am right.

I agree totally with the CEO that we are not very smart to tell the creator of marriage what constitutes marriage when He plainly tells us what constitutes one. You don't have to agree, but don't claim to be a Christian if you are the one making up the rules.
Old 04-16-18, 03:22 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Maybe, just maybe, Chick-Fil-A likes to sell chicken sandwiches to people? No matter where you get money in America, it's always green.
Old 04-16-18, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
It's not the fact that the Christian lifestyle isn't a "good lifestyle to live". It certainly can be for some people. But there are other ways of living that can be just as beneficial.
Agreed. Not a difficult concept. You don't have to be Christian to have a good lifestyle and care for others. And it obviously does not preclude one from being a certifiable a-hole.
Old 04-16-18, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Agreed. Not a difficult concept. You don't have to be Christian to have a good lifestyle and care for others. And it obviously does not preclude one from being a certifiable a-hole.
Unfortunately many still believe that one can't be morally sound without religion.
Old 04-16-18, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That’s the type of Christian attitude that people hate. Ironically, it’s not very Christian to be so judgmental.
How is he being judgmental? He's just saying if Christianity is right and all the others are wrong, those betting on the wrong side won't be real happy.
Old 04-16-18, 04:00 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Unfortunately many still believe that one can't be morally sound without religion.
I think most everyone gets it. The issue is who is going to set the standard of what is moral?

Sure most everyone has good intentions and does not want to harm others. That achieves morrality on some level, and it is fine if that is all you desire.
Old 04-16-18, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
How is he being judgmental? He's just saying if Christianity is right and all the others are wrong, those betting on the wrong side won't be real happy.
That seems to be extremely judgmental to me.
Old 04-16-18, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Not wanting to take this away from the original focus. However, Christ made it clear believing in Him was the only way to secure happiness in the life after this one. You either believe that or you don't.

I feel some need to point out what He said, but in no way feel need to say I am right.

I agree totally with the CEO that we are not very smart to tell the creator of marriage what constitutes marriage when He plainly tells us what constitutes one. You don't have to agree, but don't claim to be a Christian if you are the one making up the rules.
Nobody knows what Christ said, the Bible is bs. And marriages were arranged in Biblical times, they meant nothing. They weren’t based on “love.”
Old 04-16-18, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That seems to be extremely judgmental to me.
Then you're too sensitive.

I wouldn't consider a Muslim saying if they are right and all the others are wrong as being judgmental even though I am Christian. It's their belief and opinion.
Old 04-16-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Polite service is cultish to you?
Where did I mention "service?"

What service is there? You stand in line. You read the menu. You get your food. You leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Confirmation bias. He expected a cult-like atmosphere, and saw it.
As I mentioned, I had no knowledge of this other, IMO, unimportant stuff. Think much?
Old 04-16-18, 05:26 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
One of my most controversial takes is that Chick-fil-A is overrated. But I do love how they trigger the libs.

The funny ting is, Dan Cathy actually stopped making donations to groups supporting political or social agendas and admitted it was a mistake to do so clear back in 2012. So his opinion basically "evolved" around the same time as their lord and savior Barack Obama.
Old 04-16-18, 05:56 PM
All Yappi

I can see not frequenting a place that in someway supports something I was against but pretty hard to live a life that way, unless "off the grid" I guess.

It's a chicken sandwich. People really get this upset if the place doesn't fit perfectly in everyone's world? Or if someone has an impression that doesn't fit the annointed role they've assigned to a... STORE.

Is it really, you must be a "lib" if it's not perfect to your tastes or a "pub" if it's the only place in the world for you? People, that's sad to think there have to be such deep reasons behind an impression or preference.
Old 04-16-18, 06:24 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I have always felt that you as a consumer can control where your money goes, if you do not like Dan Cathy and or Chick-Fil-A do not spent your money there go else where. Back when Target announced their new restroom and dressing room policy, I decided I did not like them and quit spending any of my money at said stores. Did target care whether I shop at the target stores or not? They seemed to have given me an answer to how much they cared by canceling my credit card. Never once did they say they missed me or my money. I can say I have found several new places to buy what I use to at Target so I guess I can say I do not miss Target either.
Old 04-16-18, 07:19 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think most everyone gets it. The issue is who is going to set the standard of what is moral?

Sure most everyone has good intentions and does not want to harm others. That achieves morrality on some level, and it is fine if that is all you desire.
It's not all I desire, but will fight to the death (figuratively and in some cases literally) against anyone attempting to set those standards for me.
Old 04-16-18, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:

And if I desire more? Is religion then necessary?
Old 04-17-18, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I wouldn't consider a Muslim saying if they are right and all the others are wrong as being judgmental even though I am Christian. It's their belief and opinion.
They wouldn’t “say it”, they’d just lop your head off and rape your wife.
Old 04-17-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
One of my most controversial takes is that Chick-fil-A is overrated. But I do love how they trigger the libs.

The funny ting is, Dan Cathy actually stopped making donations to groups supporting political or social agendas and admitted it was a mistake to do so clear back in 2012. So his opinion basically "evolved" around the same time as their lord and savior Barack Obama.
It’s not even intentional. This whole article is unprovoked and bigoted.
Old 04-17-18, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That’s not how most Lesbians look.
I don't see the one that looks like Colbert or Maddow and has a flannel shirt and a Subaru key.........
Old 04-17-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post

What service is there? You stand in line. You read the menu. You get your food. You leave.

As I mentioned, I had no knowledge of this other, IMO, unimportant stuff. Think much?
Then I suggest you pay attention for a while as you go about your life. Take notice of the store clerks, counter people, etc. How many times are you greeted with a smile, or a greeting that made you feel like a person, how many times have you felt like you were an intrusion on the person who's job it is to wait on you? How many people seem sloppily dressed (or even dirty)?

I've never not been greeted with a smile at Chick-fil-A. I've never noticed anyone shuffling through the store oblivious to the customers or dirty tables or empty ketchup dispensers. Regular teenage employees have stopped at the table to ask if they can get me a refill on my empty iced tea or if they can take my tray and trash. I've never had to go back to the counter because there was no ketchup or straws available. The floors are clean, the trash isn't overflowing, the condiments are full, and the tables are ready for the next guest.

That's service.
Old 04-17-18, 11:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They wouldn’t “say it”, they’d just lop your head off and rape your wife.
Maybe if I was hanging out in the middle east. Haven't heard of many beheadings here in the US though.
Old 04-17-18, 01:47 PM
All District

ctowner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nobody knows what Christ said, the Bible is bs. And marriages were arranged in Biblical times, they meant nothing. They weren’t based on “love.”
Really! And where did you get your degree in Theology? Or are you just stating your opinion which is bs as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-18, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Then I suggest you pay attention for a while as you go about your life...

That's service.
I feel the same way about Taco Bell.

Ditto Jones' Good BBQ and Foot Massage, if ever in the Chicago area.
Old 04-17-18, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest

Then I suggest you pay attention for a while as you go about your life.

Here's a suggestion for you. Pay attention. Be nice and people are nice back, anywhere. It doesn't just happen at chicken places.

Like I wrote; I stood in line. I read the menu. I got my food. I left. They're friendly at the local fast food places. They're clean, they get inspected. Google chick fil a failed inspection. You'll find instances. No miracles going on. I liked the place, they just don't generally seem to put them in neighborhoods like mine prefering the more toney areas. That's fine. Good business. Our local fast foods donate a lot to our very needy schools and services. They hire our kids. They're generous. They're here. I'm sure if they put one of your restaurants here, they'd do the same.

I don't really need a "company line" nicety performance but it's nice. Bless your heart, if you need to go to a restaurant to have that experience, then do it.
Old 04-17-18, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Anyone else reminded of the Seinfield episode where a Kenny Rogers chicken restaurant opens up in Jerry's neighborhood, and Kramer and Newman become hooked on the chicken?
Old 04-18-18, 08:56 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It is usually my belief and opinion that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

Many people believe that makes me "judgmental." Apparently they are wrong about that too.
Old 04-18-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
creep·y
ˈkrēpē/
adjective (informal) - causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease in a non-Christian by not being afraid of your faith, while being genuinely nice to them; "Those Chick-Fil-A folks are creepy, but they make a great sandwich"
synonyms: proselytical, evangelical, controversial, hypocritical, church-like, frightening, eerie, disturbing, sinister, weird, hair-raising, menacing, threatening, eldritch;
Old 04-18-18, 09:25 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
creep·y
ˈkrēpē/
adjective (informal) - causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease in a non-Christian by not being afraid of your faith, while being genuinely nice to them; "Those Chick-Fil-A folks are creepy, but they make a great sandwich"
synonyms: proselytical, evangelical, controversial, hypocritical, church-like, frightening, eerie, disturbing, sinister, weird, hair-raising, menacing, threatening, eldritch;
Old 04-18-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Anyone else reminded of the Seinfield episode where a Kenny Rogers chicken restaurant opens up in Jerry's neighborhood, and Kramer and Newman become hooked on the chicken?
Yes! Lol.

Also of the one that only hired big breasted women. In this case the turn on is wholesome white Christians with friendly smiles against gay marriage. That is fine. Hey just give me good chicken. Only have about 50 options at the moment.
Old 04-18-18, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

A response

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/16/...t-kind-around/
Old 04-19-18, 01:00 PM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Chick-fil-A is good. Krispy Krunchy is better. Hope that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: