Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-05-18, 03:25 PM
All District

Madmex64 is on a distinguished road
Ohio National Team Application for Membership

The Ohio National Team (ONT) is fully committed to providing the best opportunities for Ohio’s best grade school and Jr high youth wrestlers to compete against the best competition from all areas of the country. Our goal in running this organization is to create an all-encompassing experience for these young athletes that provides growth and development in all areas of their lives including academics, athletics, and social and family relationships.

The ONT is a non-profit organization with only one motivating factor: to build the absolute best Ohio teams possible at both the grade school and Jr high levels that gives our great state the opportunity to compete against and to win the toughest national dual events that the country has to offer. Acceptance to this team is a privilege and not a right and is based on a multitude of factors including past performance at similar events, past performance at OAC, past performance at other high profile events (Super 32, Ohio TOC, Tulsa, Liberty, etc.), and past and present commitment level to the team, character, reliability, etc.

If your wrestler is one of the best kids in Ohio at his age and weight please fill out this application. This is an opportunity to wrestle with the best wrestlers in the state on one of the best dual teams in the entire country, bar-none!

The application fee is $20 per family. The only accepted method of paying the application fee is through PayPal so please send your application fee over to the following PayPal account:

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/madmex64

No application will be considered for the ONT without the mandatory application fee. These fees are used to cover expenses that are incurred during the building and organizing of the grade school and Jr high ONT’s. A submitted application and paid application fee does not guarantee placement on the ONT but is required for potential placement to occur.

If you have any questions about how the teams are selected please send me an email at mont3075@yahoo.com with your cell phone number and I will either respond with a reply or phone call to discuss the details of the selection process. As the overall director of the ONT I reserve the right to have final say on all decisions but I have surrounded myself with a very strong network of associate and assistant directors who will be helping me and providing valuable input from all areas of the state to ensure no talented kids are left out of the selection process.

At the Jr High level I will be assisted by the following:

Associate Director – Brian Bennet, 440-343-3815, bennett.brian@att.net
Assistant Director – Chris Snider, 330-990-0197, csnider20@yahoo.com

At the Grade School level I will be assisted by the following:

Associate Director – Casey Ingle, 313-404-3212, casey.ingle@gmail.com
Assistant Director – Ryan Woodcock, 304-989-5233, rwoodcock@sepco-pa.com

I will be the overall ONT director for the next two years (2018-2019) and then I will be turning the reigns over to Casey Ingle for the following two years (2020-2021). Our plan is to build a minimum of two grade school and two Jr high teams but if interest is strong enough and there are enough talented wrestlers a third team at each level could be possible. The timeframe for accepting ONT applications will be from April 5th - June 1st. The projected date of sending out acceptance emails will be July 1st. We will have multiple training camps during the late summer/fall and we will be competing in 5 of the toughest national events in the country with the VAC Holiday duals in December being the crown jewel. You can also find updated information at our group site on Facebook (Ohio National Team) after July 1st once the teams have been selected. Please fill out the following ONT application via the google document link and submit it by the June 1st deadline. Thank you in advance for your interest, commitment, and support of the ONT! I wish everybody the best in your future pathways in this incredible sport!

Sincerely,

Brandon Montoya - ONT Director 2018-2019
Mont3075@yahoo.com , 513-373-2833

Link for the Jr High ONT Application:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

Link for the Grade School ONT Application:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...gEkmQ/viewform
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-18, 08:39 AM
Varsity

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
Just out of curiosity, which other events are you planning to compete in? Good luck with your selection process - represent Ohio well!
Old 04-06-18, 10:31 PM
All District

The schedule has not been set in stone but we are looking at the Middle School National Duals in Toledo, VAC duals, McDonough duals, Heartland Duals, and AAU National Duals. There potentially could be more events added if the logistics work out ( Sparty Duals, Tyrant duals, etc). Thank you for the support!
Old 04-16-18, 01:11 PM
All District

ONT Update

Good Afternoon Ohio Wrestling Community,

I hope this posting finds all members of the Ohio wrestling family enjoying the off-season phase of folk-style wrestling. May your chosen path of freestyle/GR competition, lifting weights, down time, or other sports be fruitful and enjoyable. Just a friendly update on the ONT selection process. The application has been live now for 11 days and we have had a very nice collection of both GS and Jr High athletes apply for a spot on next year’s ONT. Please be fully aware that if an application is not submitted by 6/1/18 there will absolutely be NO EXCEPTIONS to wrestlers being added to the team. I know in the past there has always been a subset of wrestlers that wait until there is a need on the team until they reach out, that will not be the case this year or moving forward. Again, under no circumstances will a wrestler be on the ONT without submitting their application and fee to the ONT Paypal account by 6/1/18. Coaches, if you know of somebody in your room who would be a great addition to the ONT please have them get their application and fee submitted ASAP. I am available to anybody for any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you and have a great day, go OHIO!

Respectfully,

Brandon Montoya – 2018 ONT Director
513-373-2833
Mont3075@yahoo.com
Old 04-23-18, 03:02 PM
All District

Ttt
Old 04-30-18, 08:14 AM
All District

Good Morning Ohio Wrestling Community,

I hope this posting finds everybody doing well. We are in full swing with the planning and organizing of team details for the 2018-2019 ONT. We have had a steady stream of applications coming in with some of the best wrestlers in the state applying for spots on both the elementary and middle school teams. Just a friendly reminder that there is a hard deadline of 6/1/18 if you want to be considered for the ONT next year. There will absolutely be no exceptions to this deadline so if you are interested or you know of somebody that would be a great addition to the ONT please communicate with them and lets get these applications and fees turned in. This morning I just paid the team deposits for our spots for the VAC holiday duals and we are in deep conversations with a new uniform supplier that I think will produce some great looking team gear that the wrestlers and supporters will love! We are also currently working on nailing down our camp schedule for next year as well and that will be ready for release sometime in June, right after we establish who will be on this next edition of the ONT's. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Have a great day and Go Ohio!

Brandon Montoya
ONT Director
Old 05-05-18, 10:12 AM
All District

Good Morning Ohio Wrestling Family,

Happy Cinco de Mayo/ Derby Day to those that celebrate it! Time for a quick update on the ONT. There is less than one month to go before the hard deadline (6/1/18) to apply for the 2018-2019 ONT. We have had a great turnout so far in the number and quality of applications that we have received so far. Coaches, if you know of somebody in your program/room that could compete at a high level on the national circuit please have them turn their applications in and pay the mandatory $20 application fee before the 6/1/18 deadline. This past week we paid the deposits for our ONT's to attend the VAC duals and we are also excited to announce our new partnership for our team gear vendor - Vantage. Additionally, we have been working on the training camp schedule for next season and I am happy to announce that both Burnett coaches and Collin Palmer have agreed to host training camps leading up to the VAC duals in December. Those specific dates will be announced when the rosters are finalized after the 6/1/18 deadline. We are working on adding a third clinician as well sometime before VAC. The Grade School ONT will start their competition schedule with the Columbus Day Duals being held in York PA October 13th-14th. Please contact Casey Ingle (313-404-3212) if interested in that event. The Jr High team will begin their competition schedule with the National Middle School Duals held in Toledo in early November. Thank you and please contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns, take care Ohio Wrestling Family!

Cordially,

Brandon Montoya
513-373-2833, mont3075@yahoo.com
ONT Director
Old 05-09-18, 09:05 AM
Varsity

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
The only real question is...are the singlets still going to look like Budweiser cans?
Old 05-11-18, 05:04 PM
Junior Varsity

CaseyIngle is on a distinguished road
Nope 😂😂😂
Old 05-20-18, 05:33 PM
All District

Good Afternoon Ohio Wrestling Community,
I hope everybody is having an enjoyable/productive Sunday here in the Buckeye state. Time for a quick update on the building and logistics of the 2018-2019 MS ONT’s. Applications have been steady for the last week or so. We are now up to 38 applications for the MS ONT. The hard deadline to submit your application is 11:59 pm on 5/31/18, which is only 12 days away! Please remember that you must also submit the $20 application fee or the submitted application will not be considered for next year’s edition of the ONT. Below is the schedule of the training camps that will be offered for preparation of the MS events. Also posted is the five official events that the MS teams will be competing in this year as well. It is true that we only have slots for two MS teams at VAC so competition will be fierce for those two teams but we will be building a third team to enter into some of the other events on our national schedule to ensure that as many of the applicants get to represent the ONT next season. Coaches, if you know of any hammers in your room that haven’t applied for the ONT please get them to do so by the end of this month. I truly appreciate all the support that everybody has thrown our way while we try and build the most competitive dual teams that our great state has to offer. As always I am available to everybody for any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you and have a blessed evening!
Cordially,
Brandon Montoya
ONT Director
513-373-2833
Mont3075@yahoo.com

2018 ONT Training Camp Schedule (More Details to Come):
September 29th – Cincinnati Compound Training Center – Coaches Germaine Lindsey and Mike Dehart
October 21st – BTW Milan Facility – Coaches Erik and Scotty Burnett
November 3rd – FoxFire Training Facility – Coaches Mike Kulczycki and Sli Bostelman
December 1st – 2nd (VAC Intensive Camp 2 days) – Palmer Wrestling Facility – Coach Collin Palmer

2018 MS ONT Competition Schedule (More Details to Come):
National MS Duals – Toledo OH – 11/9 – 11/11
VAC Holiday Duals – VB VA – 12/7 – 12/9
Tyrant Duals – York PA – 1/12 – 1/13
McDonough Duals – Owings Mills MD – 1/26 – 1/27
AAU MS National Duals – Des Moines IA – 3/29 – 3/30
Heartland MS National Duals – Council Bluffs IA – 4/13 – 4/15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohio National Team New Logo.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2294  
Old 05-28-18, 07:07 AM
All District

Last Update

Good Morning Ohio Wrestling Family,

Happy Memorial Day to all! I sincerely hope that today is a great day for each and everyone’s family and that we all remember and pay our respects to the great servicemen and woman that paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms that we all enjoy on a daily basis, may all of them rest in peace!
This posting will be the last update during the application and building process of the 2018-2019 MS ONT’s. I apologize for its length but there are lots of moving pieces that I want to address. As of this morning, there have been 45 applications turned in for the 32 possible spots for the two MS ONT’s that we will be sending to the VAC duals this December. The two weight classes that we really need more applicants for are no surprise; the lightest weight class (72 +1 lbs) and HWT (210 lbs). Coaches, if you know any hammers at these two weight classes in MS please have them apply before the deadline this week. The deadline for applying is Thursday May 31st at 11:59 pm. There will absolutely be no exceptions made for wrestlers who do not submit their applications before this deadline. Additionally, if the $20 application fee is not paid by deadline, the corresponding application will not be accepted.

Here is some background on our philosophy of building this upcoming edition of The ONT and what the timeline will look like once the application deadline is reached. The original vision in building the ONT was to solidify our state and take our absolute best kids to represent Ohio at national-level dual tournaments. As the new leadership takes over the team for this new cycle, we are still very much living through that vision and will only look to expand and grow as we move forward! I have been asked multiple times – why is there an application process? It's simple really, we can't possibly know everyone and at a minimum, having a standardized application process allows us to look at everyone individually and objectively. The applications also allow us to assemble depth charts and target events where we can field multiple teams. One change in philosophy this year will be expanding the total invite size - in the past, ONT membership was limited to (2) wrestlers per weight class and focused around VAC; while VAC will continue to be the hallmark event for us, we will grow the amount of events we attend to create as many new opportunities as possible. We will be leveraging the depth charting philosophy to assemble rosters throughout the year and target events. In some cases, we may have more ONT wrestlers than we can take to an event, there will also be cases where our #1 wrestler isn't able to attend; so having an established depth chart will only work to our advantage.

What this means for the ONT MS teams at VAC Virginia Challenge National Holiday Duals? When we release our initial wave of ONT MS invitations, there will be a few classifications/tiers:

1) Ohio National Team Member | You are an ONT member and will be invited to attend training camps and will represent Ohio at duals events where we have the ability to bring multiple teams. There isn't a VAC roster position available for your wrestler at the current time, however there will be several opportunities to represent Ohio and train/complete with this group.
2) Ohio National Team Member - VAC Scarlett Roster | You are an ONT member and are being offered the ONT Scarlett (#1 team) roster position for VAC 2018.
3) Ohio National Team Member - VAC Gray Roster | You are an ONT member and are being offered the ONT Gray (#2 team) roster position for VAC 2018.
4) Ohio National Team Member - VAC Team | You are an ONT member and are being offered either the Scarlett or Gray roster position, this will be decided via wrestle-offs in a best 2-of-3 match format.
5) Ohio National Team Member - VAC Competitor | You are an ONT member and are being offered either the opportunity to compete for the VAC Scarlet and Gray roster positions in a round-robin format wrestle-off. This criteria will be extremely rare and used only in cases where there is no clear #1 and #2. Round-robin size will be capped at (5) with an emphasis on (3-4) wherever possible.

Obviously with criteria #4 and #5 above, we are introducing wrestle-offs to the selection process. The following bullets detail how we will handle ONT wrestle-offs for VAC. We have spent a lot of time thinking about this to ensure both equal opportunity and objectivity. At the end of the day, this is wrestling and the best option goes forward, however we also want to continue to focus on building collaboration and respect across the State. There will no doubt be passion and intensity during these wrestle-offs, but let's always focus on what we are building. We hope you'll agree with and understand the approach going forward. For anyone not selected for VAC, please note through our network of connections we will work extremely hard to get you set on a VAC team (we have already connected with several teams as a heads up), this is an awesome event and we want you to be there!
ONT Directors will identify what weights are eligible for wrestle-offs. We are not having system wide wrestle-offs, only those noted in criteria #4 and #5 will be contested.

VAC wrestle-offs will take place at the ONT Training Camp on November 3rd at FoxFire WC in Toledo, OH. We have selected this date as it gives wrestlers the opportunity to get back in wrestling shape, train with their home clubs/programs and hit a few of the ONT camps before; it also allows a month+ for families to finalize travel plans if their wrestler is part of the VAC Competitor selection.

Competitors at the MS level must be within 4.0 lbs of the identified weight, (i.e. 101.0 lbs for 96.0 +1 lbs); weigh-ins be supervised by ONT Directors and will take place up to an hour before camp start. All competitors are required to be in a competition uniform for weigh-in.

VAC wrestle-offs will be officiated by a sanctioned OHSAA referee.
VAC wrestle-offs will be contested in a (3) period, 90-second per period match format (VAC format).
VAC wrestle-offs will be contested in the back room at FoxFire WC, and will be closed with the exception of (2) coaches per wrestler and ONT Director staff. There will be no cameras/videotaping during these matches.

We will assemble a match schedule in advance of the wrestle-off date and distribute that to all wrestlers impacted. Tentatively, we will plan on all wrestlers participating in the first session of camp, having a lunch/refuel break and wrestle-offs happening during the 2nd session time frame. Wrestlers impacted by wrestle-offs will only pay for 50% of the training camp cost.

Based on the learnings from VAC and wrestler availability, we will adjust this process for remaining events going forward, however using the established depth chart as a basis for all roster placements.

Team Selection and Invitation Status | We are reviewing applications daily and adjusting the depth chart as needed. ONT invitations will be sent via the following schedule:

Monday, June 11th - VAC Scarlett, VAC Team and VAC Competitor offers sent. You will have up to 48-hours to accept this offer.
Thursday, June 14th - VAC Gray offers sent. You will have up to 48-hours to accept this offer.
Monday, June 18th - Ohio National Team Member offers sent. You will have up to 48-hours to accept this offer.
Monday, June 25th - Official announcement of 2018-19 Ohio National Team MS athletes.

Current Competition Schedule: The following events represent our current competition plans.

MS National Duals – November 9 – 11 – Toledo, OH | 3 teams
VAC Virginia Challenge National Holiday Duals - December 7-9 - Virginia Beach, VA | 2 teams
Tyrant Duals - January 12-13 - York, PA | 3 teams
McDonough Duals – January 26 – 27 – Owings Mills, MD| 2 teams
AAU National Duals- Late March 2018, Des Moines, IA| 2 teams
Heartland Duals – Mid-April 2018, Council Bluffs, IA | 2 teams

ONT Gear | We are PUMPED to provide an early opportunity for everyone to order gear. We will be partnering with Vantage Wrestling and have some really great options available, the online store is available here: https://ohionationalteam.itemorder.com/sale - all wrestlers chosen ONT wrestlers are able to purchase gear so have at it!

ONT Training Camps | Please hold the following dates for our Ohio National Team kickoff camps, all ONT members are invited to attend. Additional logistics, etc. will be released as the events get closer.

September 29-30 | Compound Cincinnati Training Center, Cincinnati, OH - Sessions led by Germaine Lindsey and Mike DeHart
October 21 | BTW's Ohio Dawgz Facility, Milan, OH - Sessions led by Scottie Burnett
November 3 | FoxFire WC Training Facility - Toledo, OH - Sessions led by Mike Kulczycki and Sli Bostelman
December 1-2 | CP Wrestling 2nd Annual ONT VAC Intensive Camp, Columbus, OH - Sessions led by Collin Palmer

Again, sorry for the length of this posting but all this information is pertinent to next year’s ONT’s. If anybody has any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me for discussions or clarifications. Thank you for your support of The ONT! O…H…

Respectfully,

Brandon Montoya
ONT Director
513-373-2833
Mont3075@yahoo.com