Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-18, 01:05 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Agree. I don't like Taste of Belgium at all to be honest. Have had it for both breakfast and lunch and didn't like either.
I like their mussels, salmon, brussel sprouts, waffles and frites. I've never had their breakfast. Not on the westside though.
Old 08-01-18, 11:08 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Ok, for steak and breakfast I am coming to your house.
sounds like a plan. can you bring peeboy?

jtk
()
Old 08-01-18, 11:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
The Pirate's Den has food?
ha. do you get out much. lol

yes, there burgers are fantastic, and pretty cheap. they also have great hanky panks. great place to watch college football in the fall.

jtk
()
Old 08-02-18, 07:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
sounds like a plan. can you bring peeboy?

jtk
()
I'm out.
Old 08-02-18, 11:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm out.
i'll make brats and invite barrett cohen. lol

jtk
()
Old 08-03-18, 06:30 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
WCPO.com has an article about the new Reserve at Deer Run subdivision: https://www.wcpo.com/home/home-tour/...ation-run-wild

My wife and I drove through this neighborhood a few weeks ago and were surprised by how few homes there were and the lack of construction equipment onsite made me think they weren't planning to build any more new homes very soon.
Old 08-03-18, 09:50 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
WCPO.com has an article about the new Reserve at Deer Run subdivision: https://www.wcpo.com/home/home-tour/...ation-run-wild

My wife and I drove through this neighborhood a few weeks ago and were surprised by how few homes there were and the lack of construction equipment onsite made me think they weren't planning to build any more new homes very soon.
I wouldn't be too thrilled to drive through the Addyston speed trap every day to get to that neighborhood.
Old 08-03-18, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
The cops in Addyston are db's, but I drive through there all the time without issue. Pretty simple, if there's 2 cop cars at the station drive like you normally would, if not, don't speed for the minute or two you're there.

Last edited by TylerDurden; 08-03-18 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-03-18, 10:48 AM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Building off that, the subdivision where Hillview was is mostly done. I know a few ppl who built homes there.
Old 08-07-18, 11:42 AM
All District

vanman396 is on a distinguished road
I heard yesterday that a few large restaurant chains have been looking at the demolished old Imperial Oaks motel on Rybolt Rd. as a possible site for a new restaurant (O'Charleys, Olive Garden, etc.).
Old 08-23-18, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

The Sears store at Northgate Mall (and in Florence) will close in the near future: https://www.wcpo.com/news/national/s...es-heres-where

This means the location at Eastgate Mall will be the only remaining Sears store in the Tri-State area.
Old 08-23-18, 09:25 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman396 View Post
I heard yesterday that a few large restaurant chains have been looking at the demolished old Imperial Oaks motel on Rybolt Rd. as a possible site for a new restaurant (O'Charleys, Olive Garden, etc.).
I really hope not.
Old 08-24-18, 08:14 AM
All Region

ELDERfbfan is on a distinguished road
Where is a good place to buy Elder spirit wear/items other than the Elder spirit store?

Also I know they have had the new "cartoon-ish" panther head as a logo for some time now but when did that change from the other panther head logo and why?
Old 08-24-18, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDERfbfan View Post
Where is a good place to buy Elder spirit wear/items other than the Elder spirit store?
Do Kroger stores on the Westside still sell Elder spirit wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDERfbfan View Post
Also I know they have had the new "cartoon-ish" panther head as a logo for some time now but when did that change from the other panther head logo and why?
It's a part of the long overdue (in my opinion) branding initiative the school began about 2 years ago. The standardized panther head logo Elder uses now is trademarked and unique to Elder.
Old 08-24-18, 10:13 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
Support your local stores people!
Old 08-24-18, 10:25 AM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
Support your local stores people!
On that note, is Siefert's (by St. Martin's) still selling Elder gear?
Old 08-24-18, 02:17 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
On that note, is Siefert's (by St. Martin's) still selling Elder gear?
They should still sell some attire for most of the schools over in that area
Old 08-27-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

The Frisch's in Mt. Airy on Colerain Ave. (which is actually in Green Township) closed for good yesterday. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...on/1108763002/

This restaurant was nextdoor to the old Walt's BBQ. Looking at Google Streetview, there are a lot of empty businesses on that section of Colerain Ave.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/60...!4d-84.5810489

This area is about a 2 minute drive from the former Mercy Mt. Airy Hospital. I wonder what role the hospital's closing played in the decline in business at Frisch's.
Old 08-27-18, 12:05 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Frisch's in Mt. Airy on Colerain Ave. (which is actually in Green Township) closed for good yesterday. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...on/1108763002/

This restaurant was nextdoor to the old Walt's BBQ. Looking at Google Streetview, there are a lot of empty businesses on that section of Colerain Ave.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/60...!4d-84.5810489

This area is about a 2 minute drive from the former Mercy Mt. Airy Hospital. I wonder what role the hospital's closing played in the decline in business at Frisch's.
I am still in mourning over the tragic loss of Walt's.
Old 08-27-18, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I am still in mourning over the tragic loss of Walt's.
Does anyone know why it closed? I looked back at reporting from last year around that time and there was never a straight answer.
Old 08-28-18, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

There maybe some traffic backups tomorrow on Bridgetown Rd in the area around St. Jude: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts...scheduled.aspx

Last edited by EHS 2001; 08-28-18 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-28-18, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does anyone know why it closed? I looked back at reporting from last year around that time and there was never a straight answer.
Walt sold a few years ago to the group who owned Reily's in Springdale and J J Austins in Hamilton. The Reily's restaurant was originally in Green Hills before moving to Springdale about 20 years ago. A good restaurant that catered to an elderly crowd during lunch. Customer count was down at Walt's every since Walt got sick and sold the restaurant. Walt was a fixture in the community and a big supporter of the Northwest School District. The new owners tried to make it work but maybe got in over their heads. Reily's closed their doors about 6 months before Walt's. Maybe they bit off too much with the 3 restaurants.

Frisch's remodeled up by stone creek and opened the new restaurant on North Bend a few years ago. The hospital closing makes a little sense but they were a shell of themselves for over a decade. It appears all the new restaurants and choices on the other end of Colerain helped choked off what was left on a stretch in Mr. Airy already declining. Perkins, Walt's and Frisch's were busy places before the area around them started failing. Three restaurants that were next to each other and went down in succession.
Old 08-29-18, 11:20 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Wow, can't believe I didn't know Walts closed. Truly a bummer to hear.
Old 08-29-18, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
-

There was a perkins next to walts that closed a while back too. That area from Mt Airy to galbraith is a dead zone now as the neighborhood continues to decline. Thortons and Speedway are not somewhere you want to stop after the sun goes down.
Old 08-30-18, 07:09 AM
All World

I talked to a high ranking CPS representative last week who confirmed that a "Walnut Hills West" is intended for the old Mercy High School campus. She indicated that, as there are four buildings on the campus, there may be more than one school moved to that location. If they do have a shared campus, it is important that the two are more compatible than having Dater College Prep kids sharing a campus with the kids from West Hi.
Old 08-30-18, 07:44 AM
All District

Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I talked to a high ranking CPS representative last week who confirmed that a "Walnut Hills West" is intended for the old Mercy High School campus. She indicated that, as there are four buildings on the campus, there may be more than one school moved to that location. If they do have a shared campus, it is important that the two are more compatible than having Dater College Prep kids sharing a campus with the kids from West Hi.
Honestly, if they're able to get this new school somewhere close to equivalent to Walnut, that's probably bad news for Elder's enrollment.
Old 08-30-18, 08:22 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon11 View Post
Honestly, if they're able to get this new school somewhere close to equivalent to Walnut, that's probably bad news for Elder's enrollment.
Been saying that for two years and everyone has told me I'm crazy.

Big question is IF it will be the equivalent of Walnut Hills. That's a big IF.

If it is, it's big trouble and pboy can dream of a D2 state title.
Old 08-30-18, 09:06 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
If it is, it's big trouble and pboy can dream of a D2 state title.
With LS, Winton Woods and Hoban in DII, Elder and Pboy may want to think about DIII.
Old 08-30-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The model just opened a month ago and the project is in the very beginning stages and projected to be built over 10 years. These are also high dollar homes minimum 400K after options are picked out.
Old 08-30-18, 12:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon11 View Post
A lot of kids from St. W, St. T and StL are sent across town already to East Walnut Hills, so, I do not think there would be that many more. It might hurt LaSalle more than Elder. The trade off is that it would make westside urban neighborhoods more attractive to families, not all of whom will choose to go public. Good public schools, whether you plan on using them or not, are a good selling point for a neighborhood.