Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
First Paul Daughterty is worthless. The "paper" he works for has been only good for bird cage lining for years. He is worthless.

Second I had to turn the sound up to hear any of the video WCPO posted. Yeah it was wrong, but I have heard worse out of X and LaSalle. I think X is using this as a PR tool. How many times have you heard "Price Hill Chili after the game"? They aren't saying that to be nice, they are doing it to mock the class of people that live in Price Hill. Mocking someones wealth is just as bad as mocking somoene's race.

Heck John Sullivan himself cursed at a bunch of Elder folk when waiting to get in the football game a few years ago, mainly because he was on a power trip.

This is where Mr Klusman is missed the most, he would have been there stopping this before it got started.
It doesn't matter, Elder is the one getting nailed. And Klusman never stepped in, it was Reiring or James. Still, it's not they're fault for not being at the game. Hold these idiot students accountable. They clearly have zero appreciation for the school, and deserve and azz kicking.
Old 02-06-18, 09:03 PM
Varsity

Steve Wilkos is on a distinguished road
I’m sure of one thing here, the offenders wouldn’t have the testicular fortitude to have said any of those thing to Jefferson in a one on one setting
Old 02-06-18, 09:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkos View Post
I’m sure of one thing here, the offenders wouldn’t have the testicular fortitude to have said any of those thing to Jefferson in a one on one setting
No, they wouldn't.
Old 02-06-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Ok...Columbus duche.....stay in your own yard and stay out of ours.....this kind of has been going on for years between GCL and other publics for years.....just because none of you losers can take real competition you don't have to comment on our forum....go back to Columbus and dream of that murdering b1tch Hillary and the Clinton cartel getting elected
You're definitely trolling or drunk.
Old 02-06-18, 09:07 PM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First Paul Daughterty is worthless. The "paper" he works for has been only good for bird cage lining for years. He is worthless.

Second I had to turn the sound up to hear any of the video WCPO posted. Yeah it was wrong, but I have heard worse out of X and LaSalle. I think X is using this as a PR tool. How many times have you heard "Price Hill Chili after the game"? They aren't saying that to be nice, they are doing it to mock the class of people that live in Price Hill. Mocking someones wealth is just as bad as mocking somoene's race.

Heck John Sullivan himself cursed at a bunch of Elder folk when waiting to get in the football game a few years ago, mainly because he was on a power trip.

This is where Mr Klusman is missed the most, he would have been there stopping this before it got started.
Price Hill Chilli is as bad as "You're on crack" or "Asian" or "PF Chang"? Seriously.

Regardless of what may have been said at St X or other schools in the past the news today is the completely racist comments made by Elder students.

THere have been discussions in the Elder board about the perception that the school is racist, or at a minimum not friendly to minorities which hurts broadening the reach and appeal of the school. This isn't going to help
Old 02-06-18, 09:08 PM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
I think it's funny that Jefferson is going to Dartmouth on a full ride and the kids know this too........you all need to relax with the PC garbage......Elder hates X AND THATS THE WAY ITS ALWAYS BEEN
Old 02-06-18, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
Price Hill Chilli is as bad as "You're on crack" or "Asian" or "PF Chang"? Seriously.

Regardless of what may have been said at St X or other schools in the past the news today is the completely racist comments made by Elder students.

THere have been discussions in the Elder board about the perception that the school is racist, or at a minimum not friendly to minorities which hurts broadening the reach and appeal of the school. This isn't going to help
Pretty much.
Old 02-06-18, 09:09 PM
All World

oskar is on a distinguished road
It's embarrassing that my old stomping grounds still wallow in a 1950's mindset. Not about cheers to rip on your opponents, but the racial carp is over the top.
Old 02-06-18, 09:10 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yes, Price Hill Chili is equal to Pf Chang. If you don't understand that, you are the racist.
Old 02-06-18, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think it's funny that Jefferson is going to Dartmouth on a full ride and the kids know this too........you all need to relax with the PC garbage......Elder hates X AND THATS THE WAY ITS ALWAYS BEEN
If they know that, why cheer it? Josh Jones got jeered at by X in the same manner, but it was deserved bc he was a horrible student.
Old 02-06-18, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, Price Hill Chili is equal to Pf Chang. If you don't understand that, you are the racist.
It doesn't matter, racism sells, and this is publicly damaging to the image of the school.
Old 02-06-18, 09:14 PM
All District

You people make me sick.....comedians make a living off of making fun of our differences and we're ok with that......quit being PC tools and enjoy the fact that people think enough of you to poke fun
Old 02-06-18, 09:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
If they know that, why cheer it? Josh Jones got jeered at by X in the same manner, but it was deserved bc he was a horrible student.
So nut up and quit being a vag and show what you can do on the field......
Old 02-06-18, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You people make me sick.....comedians make a living off of making fun of our differences and we're ok with that......quit being PC tools and enjoy the fact that people think enough of you to poke fun
You don't understand context, do you?
Old 02-06-18, 09:18 PM
All District

When I was in school, if people thought enough of me or my family to make fun of me,I figured wow at least they know who I am.....
Old 02-06-18, 09:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So nut up and quit being a vag and show what you can do on the field......
Point is, our students should've been smart enough to know what they were chanting could hurt the school's rep. And in a time when Elder is competing hard for students and trying to broaden its reach, putting the school's rep at risk is unacceptable.
Old 02-06-18, 09:19 PM
All District

I totally understand millennial doches being millennial duches
Old 02-06-18, 09:22 PM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
PF Chang is a direct slam on a player's ethnicity. I assume Price Hill is some type of reference to people who live in Price Hill. Lower income? Appalachian background? Except that I imagine that most if not all of the kids on the Elder team are not from Price Hill and probably don't fit any of the other stereotypes one might associate with Price Hill.

Now let me be clear that I don't think any cheer that disparages someone based upon stereotypes is ok. I think the entire league needs to meet and even include student leadership from each school and agree that these types of cheers need to end immediately. I think each school also needs to agree on some type of universal disciplinary action for any student who violates this agreement
Old 02-06-18, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I totally understand millennial doches being millennial duches
There's difft levels to the duchiness and they crossed it.
Old 02-06-18, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now let me be clear that I don't think any cheer that disparages someone based upon stereotypes is ok. I think the entire league needs to meet and even include student leadership from each school and agree that these types of cheers need to end immediately. I think each school also needs to agree on some type of universal disciplinary action for any student who violates this agreement
I think that something like that happened (an agreement between all GCL schools) about 10-12 years ago. Like PBoy said, for a time even the "Weasel" cheer was forbidden. I think the general rule was any cheer that singled out an individual opponent was not permitted.
Old 02-06-18, 09:28 PM
All District

Watch the the next frost game closely, #15 talks to whoever he is guarding the whole game....he's had 4 technical fouls called on those kids....but he stills shakes hands at the end of the game....it's a war when you're out there, but at the end of game you are just players that put in the sweat and work to win
Old 02-06-18, 09:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I think that something like that happened (an agreement between all GCL schools) about 10-12 years ago. Like PBoy said, for a time even the "Weasel" cheer was forbidden. I think the general rule was any cheer that singled out an individual opponent was not permitted.
I've felt for a while things were too lax. If you ever go to an OH v E bball game every cheer is calling out girls who hooked up with players. X chanted "he jerks off" and LS had a "Sloppy Seconds" cheer. Sometimes it's ok to single a player out w/o going too far over the line, but things have been out of control for a few yrs.
Old 02-06-18, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Watch the the next frost game closely, #15 talks to whoever he is guarding the whole game....he's had 4 technical fouls called on those kids....but he stills shakes hands at the end of the game....it's a war when you're out there, but at the end of game you are just players that put in the sweat and work to win
What? That has nothing to do with the student's behavior.
Old 02-06-18, 09:35 PM
All District

I just think it's funny that all you are acting holier than thou....nut up and own this.....it's a GCL game where this sh1t has gone on for years....jeez I'm almost ashamed to say I graduated form Elder
Old 02-06-18, 09:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I just think it's funny that all you are acting holier than thou....nut up and own this.....it's a GCL game where this sh1t has gone on for years....jeez I'm almost ashamed to say I graduated form Elder
The holier than thou attitude is amusing, but again, that's irrelevant. Right or wrong, the school needs to do some image repairing.
Old 02-06-18, 09:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Start by saying I am sorry. I am sure this will be removed.
Elder's already apologized profously. And Ted, I've seen you post way worse on other forums, cut the bull sh1t. What Elder's SS did was wrong, but don't pretend you're a sudenly some social justice advocate.
Old 02-06-18, 09:44 PM
All District

Eff "I'm sorry", what you tools don't realize is that this has been going on forever,especially between Elder and X....ELDER HATES X......not sure how much more I can say this...
Old 02-06-18, 09:46 PM
All District

Pretty sure that's ok too
Old 02-06-18, 09:47 PM
All District

Especially since they are ducheball Jesuits...
Old 02-06-18, 09:51 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
You don't understand context, do you?
I totally understand context and the problem of people like you selectively applying it.....
Closed Thread