Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-16-18, 08:09 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
X is at Gahanna Lincoln tomorrow night. Should tell us a lot about both teams
Old 08-16-18, 08:20 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
The offense alone will carry this team to the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see them compete against the more athletic teams like Eds and WW. Could be a special year.
Old 08-16-18, 09:44 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
The offense alone will carry this team to the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see them compete against the more athletic teams like Eds and WW. Could be a special year.
I’m trying to be fair in assessing this team. The Anderson D is horrendous, they loooked like a JV D. I’m almost certain E scores on every possession. In fact, I think they only had a handful of 3rd downs, they steamrolled over that awful Defense. Elder’s final possession before half, they went 70 yards for a TD, in about 40 seconds... they didn’t even throw a pass. Luebbe ran 3 straight QB draws before a Short TD Run from Johnson.

However, the Anderson Offense is extremely tough to prep for in a scrimmage, 5 WRs, Up Tempo, it’s not something Elder will see again. The Anderson OL, which is decently sized with a OG going to ND, had trouble with the Elder DL when they weren’t going No Huddle. Elder also tackled fairly well in space. Hoffmeyer (I think) crushed a kid on a Bubble Screen. Like I said, some confusion in alignment and personnel with a blown cvg were what allowed Anderson to move the ball. They didn’t line up physically push Elder around or beat them in cvg.

All in all, they did what I expected. Room for improvement, but still showing signs of being a solid team.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 08-16-18 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-17-18, 08:18 AM
All Region

EHS01, you need to track down Leubbe’s highlights from last night. I know he was going up vs Scrubs, but he had some super impressive runs.
Old 08-17-18, 09:36 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
A lot of Andersonís success on Offense was due to Elder mental errors. They werenít prepared for Anderson going up tempo, got caught with a lot of guys out of position. Blown cvg on 3rd and 20 kept Anderson drive going. Corner took the out route expecting Safety help he didnít get
Poor prep if they were surprised Anderson went up tempo. That is the whole offense. Not surprised with the result. Last years team was based around one very talented QB and some good receivers.
Old 08-17-18, 09:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Poor prep if they were surprised Anderson went up tempo. That is the whole offense. Not surprised with the result. Last years team was based around one very talented QB and some good receivers.
Itís not an easy Offense to scrimmage. Itís similar to the Triple Option, where itís unique and takes a lot of practice time to prep. E shouldíve been more organized, but I can understand that mistakes will happen in scrimmages.
Old 08-17-18, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
End of the day it's still a scrimmage. Elder likely isn't spending as much time game planning for Anderson - they'll run their stuff and work on things to get ready for week 1. Wouldn't be surprised if they prepared more for Gahanna last week leading up to the scrimmage than they actually prepped for Anderson.
Old 08-17-18, 10:31 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Itís not an easy Offense to scrimmage. Itís similar to the Triple Option, where itís unique and takes a lot of practice time to prep. E shouldíve been more organized, but I can understand that mistakes will happen in scrimmages.
Also a valid point with the uptempo being tough to replicate especially just for a scrimmage.
Old 08-17-18, 10:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Also a valid point with the uptempo being tough to replicate especially just for a scrimmage.
I don’t want to sound like I’m downplaying Elder’s mistakes. They could’ve performed better, but they weren’t so bad as to change my outlook.

Anderson will be in a lot of high scoring games this yr. The QB had a nice arm and the OL has nice size.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 08-17-18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-18-18, 08:42 AM
Freshman

Jj1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
X is at Gahanna Lincoln tomorrow night. Should tell us a lot about both teams
X won 38-0
Old 08-18-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
If you guys still have Oak Hills on your schedule that might just earn you some harbins this year instead of that cluster the last couple. They looked well coached and executed pretty good against the Cards in the scrimmage last night. Good team defense and the QB could be as good as the one he was waiting behind last year. The rumors I heard of no players coming out were exaggerated. Time will tell.
Old 08-18-18, 11:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
If you guys still have Oak Hills on your schedule that might just earn you some harbins this year instead of that cluster the last couple. They looked well coached and executed pretty good against the Cards in the scrimmage last night. Good team defense and the QB could be as good as the one he was waiting behind last year. The rumors I heard of no players coming out were exaggerated. Time will tell.
Theyíre not on the schedule.
Old 08-18-18, 02:02 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Does that say more about Colerain or Oak Hills? As we all are aware, Oak Hills has been nothing short of a disaster the last decade and a half. Did they even win a game last year?
Old 08-18-18, 02:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Does that say more about Colerain or Oak Hills? As we all are aware, Oak Hills has been nothing short of a disaster the last decade and a half. Did they even win a game last year?
Colerain didnít have their 2 starting RBs.
Old 08-18-18, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Just a scrimmage. Tells me Oak Hills looked better than the train wreck the last couple of years. Colerain looked good against Moeller. Didn't know Oak Hills was dropped again.
Old 08-21-18, 03:52 PM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
GCL preview

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...now/869984002/
Old 08-22-18, 09:21 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
Going to be a battle like it is most years. This is how I’d rank the best by Position group:

QB- Elder, Bittner is the best QB and I don’t think it’s close.

RB- LS- Porter is the best RB

WRs- Elder is the best group, Khayo is the best WR

OL- Tie b/w X and Elder. Paris Johnson is one of the best OTs in the country, but James is no slouch either. Both have multiple Linemen over 300.

DL- Moe, Bono is the best DE.

LB- LS- easy choice. All 3 are studs.

Secondary- X. Bridges and Ferguson are going to be tough to throw against.
Old 08-22-18, 09:37 AM
All District

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle will be carried by Porter and the LBers like last year. The rest of the team doesn't impress me. Horton is a good athlete but not that great of a QB as of yet. X will take a step back, but will still be solid even after losing a great 2018 class. Moeller will depend on the coaching staff. They've got the talent tho.
Old 08-22-18, 12:05 PM
All District

Roster is out: http://www.ehsports.com/team/roster/...rsity/football
Old 08-22-18, 12:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty99 View Post
LaSalle will be carried by Porter and the LBers like last year. The rest of the team doesn't impress me. Horton is a good athlete but not that great of a QB as of yet. X will take a step back, but will still be solid even after losing a great 2018 class. Moeller will depend on the coaching staff. They've got the talent tho.
Moeís definitely a wild card. Theyíre Sr class has always been on par w/ Elderís, itís the Jr class thatís a little down. They probably have the most talent in the Soph class, but thatís very down class across the GCL.

X loses some key guys on both sides, but still bring back some studs on D in Kiesling, Bridges, Ferguson, and on offense in Kreimer, Payne, and Johnson

LS should have a solid Secondary in addition to the LBrs. Their biggest questions are in the trenches.

Elder probably has the most depth across the Sr and Jr classes, and probably the fewest question marks at the position groups.

The League is far better talent wise than itís been the past 2 yrs, maybe not as many high profile stars like the class of Ď16, but more quality players on the field.
Old 08-22-18, 12:27 PM
All District

Quote:
LS should have a solid Secondary in addition to the LBrs. Their biggest questions are in the trenches.
Their secondary will be very talented, but very young. Possibly all 4 starters will be sophs. Jarmon (Lourdes kid) already has some offers I believe.
Old 08-22-18, 01:25 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Their secondary will be very talented, but very young. Possibly all 4 starters will be sophs. Jarmon (Lourdes kid) already has some offers I believe.
I used to think very highly of early college offers, but college offers are all about measureables, height, weight, etc. Most of what they see is in shorts and t-shirts. When you say young, there could be a longer learning curve.
Old 08-22-18, 01:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
I used to think very highly of early college offers, but college offers are all about measureables, height, weight, etc. Most of what they see is in shorts and t-shirts. When you say young, there could be a longer learning curve.
Weíve talked about this extensively on here, recruiting is often geared towards potential vs results. Thatís not always the case, but thereís been plenty of examples of kids with offers whoíve done nothing on the field (not this kid specifically), and thereís only kids who are 3 Yr All State/All City/ All Conference who end up with no D1 Offers bc theyíre a inch too short or a step too slow.

And I donít want to sound like one of these idiots who thinks heart is more more impt than talent, itís not. Talent at this level is evaluated under a difft spectrum than College or the NFL.
Old 08-22-18, 01:58 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
Horton has never impressed me at QB. Malik Verdon however is the real deal.
Old 08-22-18, 02:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
Horton has never impressed me at QB. Malik Verdon however is the real deal.
Is Horton definitely the QB? Verdon won’t be starting this yr, but will likely be the guy the next 2 yrs. Hard to believe West could consistently have so much talent and do so little.
Old 08-22-18, 02:52 PM
All District

Forgot to mention Pastoriza transferred to LW and is expected to compete for the starting QB spot.
Old 08-22-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Forgot to mention Pastoriza transferred to LW and is expected to compete for the starting QB spot.
I thought thatís what happened. Sucks to lose him, but it wonít have much of an overall impact.
Old 08-22-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was a big contributor at the lower levels, wonder what happened that he ended up out at LW for his senior season.
Old 08-22-18, 04:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
He was a big contributor at the lower levels, wonder what happened that he ended up out at LW for his senior season.
Maybe had a change of heart? He was going to start at OLB, so it wasnít for PT.
Old 08-22-18, 05:49 PM
All District

From what I've heard, he's always wanted to play QB, and considering he's from West Chester and LW has no good QB's it sounds like a perfect opportunity for him to start at QB.