Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-18, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Nance is awesome
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-18, 07:06 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Cavs fans think all is well and they'll be back in the finals after one good game?
Nope. But the real Cavs fans didn’t think the sky was falling and the season was over because they had a bad stretch either.
Old 02-14-18, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cavs fans think all is well and they'll be back in the finals after one good game?
I swear to God, I think you're afflicted with a new malady: Yappi Tourette's Syndrome. It's like you can't control your hands and you just type out asinine garbage. Please tell me comments like the post above aren't intentional.

Who knows if the Cavs will make the Finals? Boston, Washington and Toronto all have a puncher's chance. But the Cavs got younger, faster, hungrier, and, quite simply, better in one day. Their chances of returning to the Finals improved exponentially in one day. Their performances against Boston and OKC give Cavs fans hope. A week ago, that wasn't the case.
Old 02-14-18, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Print the shirts
Old 02-14-18, 09:28 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I swear to God, I think you're afflicted with a new malady: Yappi Tourette's Syndrome. It's like you can't control your hands and you just type out asinine garbage. Please tell me comments like the post above aren't intentional.

Who knows if the Cavs will make the Finals? Boston, Washington and Toronto all have a puncher's chance. But the Cavs got younger, faster, hungrier, and, quite simply, better in one day. Their chances of returning to the Finals improved exponentially in one day. Their performances against Boston and OKC give Cavs fans hope. A week ago, that wasn't the case.
I agree completely ... a week ago they were hard to watch ... the last few games have been a breath of fresh air ... effort, teamwork, and enthusiasm are back ... before the purge, I really didn't think they would make it out of the first or second round ... now I feel like they will at least make it to the ECF ... while I still believe the finals will be difficult ... they have a punchers chance ... sometimes having more Robin's and less Batmen is a good thing.
Old 02-14-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Isn't it interesting how fast this team got better with Wade and Thomas getting moved? I found it perplexing that they were rumored to be behind the team meeting when Love got sick and left and thought it showed some dysfunction that these new guys were taking that role. I suspect lifting that dysfunction may have just as much to do with the last week's success as the talent shift.
Old 02-14-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Nance is awesome
Heck, JR is awesome again!! Nance's intangibles are so needed.

Isn't it great to watch the ball move like that ? It doesn't stick anywhere so far. To see those leads get whittled away and then the Cavs get stops and stretch it out again is so refreshing. This kind of ball is the only hope for the Durant Warriors.
Old 02-14-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Old 02-14-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Isn't it interesting how fast this team got better with Wade and Thomas getting moved? I found it perplexing that they were rumored to be behind the team meeting when Love got sick and left and thought it showed some dysfunction that these new guys were taking that role. I suspect lifting that dysfunction may have just as much to do with the last week's success as the talent shift.
I don't know about Wade's role, but it is emerging that Thomas played a major role in that confrontational team meeting. He was the one who apparently called out Love. Consider the well-traveled resume' of one Isaiah Thomas, and then consider the selfish comments and even more selfish play and it's easy to see why he wears out his welcome everywhere he goes.

I hope Thomas has a tremendous half-season in Los Angeles and they sign him to a long-term deal. That would be one more step closer to LeBron James re-signing with the Cavs. You could tell James hated Thomas' game and I'm not so sure he didn't feel the same way about him personally.
Old 02-14-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Heck, JR is awesome again!! Nance's intangibles are so needed.

Isn't it great to watch the ball move like that ? It doesn't stick anywhere so far. To see those leads get whittled away and then the Cavs get stops and stretch it out again is so refreshing. This kind of ball is the only hope for the Durant Warriors.
Like Bob Huggins once said, "I don't care how fast you are, you can't out-run a pass."

Notice now that the Cavs look to pass the ball down the floor as often as they can instead of dribbling across the time line and setting up the half-court offense? They are spacing better and the ball movement in the half court is much crisper because there are less shoot-first players on the court.
Old 02-14-18, 11:50 AM
All World

This team could be good ... they must resist the hype though ... last night Lue extended the second units min. in the second half because they were playing well ... that is what needs to be done ... and it will work as long as no one let's their ego get in the way of team success ... some nights some players are going to play/score more than other nights ... if they can accept this and continue to play as a team ... this could be really fun!
Old 02-14-18, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Nobody wanted TT and Smith,except LBJ.
Old 02-14-18, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
This team could be good ... they must resist the hype though ... last night Lue extended the second units min. in the second half because they were playing well ... that is what needs to be done ... and it will work as long as no one let's their ego get in the way of team success ... some nights some players are going to play/score more than other nights ... if they can accept this and continue to play as a team ... this could be really fun!
Actually, Joe, in a twisted way, the group that was jettisoned did us a favor. It became glaringly obvious that group wasn't going to go anywhere but home before June. Our expectations were lowered...and lowered...and lowered with each passing week, and each passing game.

What has happened in the last week serves only to renew our enthusiasm for a team that looks to compete every night. There are going to be some hiccups along the way. They are not going to go 28-0 the rest of the regular season. This current version of the Cavs doesn't raise expectations like the James-Irving-Love teams did, but they have certainly raised hopes again. You can't ask for anything more than that.
Old 02-14-18, 04:56 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
LB still played 40+ minutes last night, it will catch up sooner or later. The Cavs are playing on adreline right now. They've got some young kids who want to prove to the world they belong. Let's see how it goes for 10-20 games. There are still a bunch of these guys who've not played in any meaning full games down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Now if they continue to shoot like they do, then maybe they can make a run, but water generally finds it's level.
Old 02-14-18, 05:49 PM
All World

Quote:
LB still played 40+ minutes last night, it will catch up sooner or later. The Cavs are playing on adreline right now. They've got some young kids who want to prove to the world they belong. Let's see how it goes for 10-20 games. There are still a bunch of these guys who've not played in any meaning full games down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Now if they continue to shoot like they do, then maybe they can make a run, but water generally finds it's level.
LeBron is averaging 37.0 min per game ... the third lowest in his career
Old 02-14-18, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
LeBron is averaging 37.0 min per game ... the third lowest in his career
Don't let the facts get in the way Joe!
Old 02-14-18, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It helps that these teams view playing the Cavs as an exhibition
Old 02-14-18, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
9 of the guys in the roster have playoff experience, totaling 691 playoff games. I'm pretty sure that's significant experience in meaningful games. I get that you aren't ready to buy in and I don't want to be a part of the never-ending 14Red piling on, but damn...
Old 02-14-18, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Nobody wanted TT and Smith,except LBJ.
Nobody wanted their contracts, to be accurate. They may be a bit overpaid.....
Old 02-14-18, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And you are a water-head
Old 02-14-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
And you are a water-head
You think calling someone a Down’s syndrome put down is funny? What a pos you are.
Old 02-14-18, 07:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You think calling someone a Down’s syndrome put down is funny? What a pos you are.
what does hydrocephalus have to do with Downs' Syndrome ?
Old 02-14-18, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
what does hydrocephalus have to do with Downs' Syndrome ?
Weirdo is pretending he doesn’t know he called 14red a derogatory name for a Down’s syndrome person. Such a pos, but certainly no surprise.
Old 02-14-18, 08:20 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
ep went from 0 to sensitive real quick.
Old 02-14-18, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Actually, Joe, in a twisted way, the group that was jettisoned did us a favor. It became glaringly obvious that group wasn't going to go anywhere but home before June. Our expectations were lowered...and lowered...and lowered with each passing week, and each passing game.

What has happened in the last week serves only to renew our enthusiasm for a team that looks to compete every night. There are going to be some hiccups along the way. They are not going to go 28-0 the rest of the regular season. This current version of the Cavs doesn't raise expectations like the James-Irving-Love teams did, but they have certainly raised hopes again. You can't ask for anything more than that.
God help us all when they lose a game....the sky will again be falling
Old 02-15-18, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
ep went from 0 to sensitive real quick.
He's a man-twat, so, yeah. It's what he does
Old 02-15-18, 05:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Weirdo is pretending he doesn’t know he called 14red a derogatory name for a Down’s syndrome person. Such a pos, but certainly no surprise.
_poser has far more experience than I do at picking on Downs-ies. No surprise for this _phony
Old 02-15-18, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
_poser has far more experience than I do at picking on Downs-ies. No surprise for this _phony
I just know what aholes like you call them.
Old 02-15-18, 06:47 AM
All Yappi

e_p, the man-twat, has a 20 lb water head...... {to the tune of "Frosty, the Snowman"}

See ? It works anywhere. Calm yourself, man-twat.
Old 02-15-18, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

Warriors lose again and drop to #2 in the West heading into the break. I guess they aren’t very good.