Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-10-18, 11:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Westsidepublic is on a distinguished road
8th Grade HSPT

Isn't this the week that result of the HSPT should be released? When do the 8th graders have to make a decision on where they will be going next year?
Old 01-10-18, 02:03 PM
All District

SCORE2WIN is on a distinguished road
I know that they try to push it like you have to do it by a certain date, but I know families that have waited till the week that school started.
Old 01-10-18, 05:53 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
https://www.facebook.com/ElderHighSc...177697/?type=3

Quote:
Admission packets for the Class of 2022, Elder's 100th class, are now at the post office and ready to be delivered! You future Panthers MIGHT want to keep an eye on your email inbox around 5:00 P.M. today, too (hint, hint!). Go Panthers! ALTIORA!
Old 01-16-18, 05:32 PM
All Region

voiceoreaso is on a distinguished road
Heard many of the families choosing between Elder and other schools were disappointed with financial packages . Isn't Elder known for giving a lot of assistance to families?
Old 01-16-18, 07:36 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoreaso View Post
Heard many of the families choosing between Elder and other schools were disappointed with financial packages . Isn't Elder known for giving a lot of assistance to families?
That could mean enrollment was larger than expected. Wouldn't it make sense your piece of the pie gets smaller with more mouths at the table?
Old 01-16-18, 08:37 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
A partial answer could be because many are eligible for vouchers based on where they live?
Old 01-17-18, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
A partial answer could be because many are eligible for vouchers based on where they live?
Every other school is voucher eligible. It's hard to quantify this bc we don't know these people or what their financial aid expectations were.
Old 01-18-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That could mean enrollment was larger than expected. Wouldn't it make sense your piece of the pie gets smaller with more mouths at the table?
With Elder accepting vouchers now, wouldn't that free up even more financial aid money for the families that don't qualify for them? At least that is how I would think it would work. Other than it being an unexpected larger than usual class, the only other thing I can think of would be if annual fund donations have dropped off significantly.
Old 01-18-18, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
With Elder accepting vouchers now, wouldn't that free up even more financial aid money for the families that don't qualify for them? At least that is how I would think it would work. Other than it being an unexpected larger than usual class, the only other thing I can think of would be if annual fund donations have dropped off significantly.
If they didn't drop off significantly last yr, why would they this yr? I'm sure there's a logical explanation to this. It's not worth panicking over.