Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-21-17, 02:28 PM
Varsity

rpo101 is on a distinguished road
Barberton @ Highland thoughts and predictions

I can't think of a better match up to end the regular season! both team will be playing hard in this one. what does everyone think Go Hornets!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-17, 02:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Comets111 is on a distinguished road
Barberton 38

Highland 28
Old 10-21-17, 03:29 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Highland with probably a slightly better offense. Barberton with a better defense.

Being on the turf at Highland should help out the Hornets. My pick would be Barberton in a game where the scoring is in the low 30s or upper 20s for the winning team.
Old 10-21-17, 03:43 PM
All American

The Eaze is on a distinguished road
anyone who can say highlands offense is better hasn't seen barbertons offense and only read about them. Barberton 45 highland 17 in this one and thats generous.
Old 10-21-17, 03:46 PM
Go Buckeyes

I've watched them both against the same team.
Old 10-21-17, 04:20 PM
Varsity

rpo101 is on a distinguished road
I haven't really watched Barberton this season. I know they are good and the Hornets are probably the underdog. go hornets come in with your winning attitude and give 110 % the entire game!! hoping for nice weather and a great matchup! this would make a great game of the week
Old 10-21-17, 04:30 PM
All Region

skipatroller is on a distinguished road
If Highlands wins, it keeps them with a home game. Lose and they are traveling
Old 10-21-17, 06:35 PM
All District

Hinckley Buzzard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eaze View Post
anyone who can say highlands offense is better hasn't seen barbertons offense and only read about them. Barberton 45 highland 17 in this one and thats generous.
I agree Barberton is the favorite and one of the best teams in all D2. When you're 9-0 and have beat everyone easily, can't argue with that. Barberton excellent of both sides of the ball. Great weapons all over field on offense and attacking defense led by Keye Thompson. Here's why Highland poses them their biggest challenge of the year to date. Highland has the athletes and team speed to match up with Barberton. Highlands offense can be dynamic. Aurora and Tallmadge are both very good teams, but more ball control teams. Highland, like Barberton, has playmakers all over the field. If Highland is going to win, they'll need to likely score high 20's or 30's. I'll remind everyone last years game was a good one and basically you have the same two teams that were junior dominated facing off this week. Barberton certainly is the favorite, but Highland has the talent to beat any D2 team in state. Should be an exciting game!!
Old 10-21-17, 06:48 PM
All American

CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
What a great Week 10 Game!!!
Old 10-21-17, 07:35 PM
All Ohio

gogreenmen is on a distinguished road
A Highland win helps the GREENMEN but I don't think it will be that close. Wishing both teams luck in region 5 and 6. Hopefully both Aurora and Tallmadge make it into region 9 playoffs. Suburban American!

Last edited by gogreenmen; 10-21-17 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-21-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinckley Buzzard View Post
I agree Barberton is the favorite and one of the best teams in all D2. When you're 9-0 and have beat everyone easily, can't argue with that. Barberton excellent of both sides of the ball. Great weapons all over field on offense and attacking defense led by Keye Thompson. Here's why Highland poses them their biggest challenge of the year to date. Highland has the athletes and team speed to match up with Barberton. Highlands offense can be dynamic. Aurora and Tallmadge are both very good teams, but more ball control teams. Highland, like Barberton, has playmakers all over the field. If Highland is going to win, they'll need to likely score high 20's or 30's. I'll remind everyone last years game was a good one and basically you have the same two teams that were junior dominated facing off this week. Barberton certainly is the favorite, but Highland has the talent to beat any D2 team in state. Should be an exciting game!!
Highland is a good team, but they do not have the talent to beat any D2 team in the State.
Old 10-21-17, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Iím hoping for a good game, but I think Barberton pulls away in this one. Magics 42 Hornets 21
Old 10-21-17, 08:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Highland is a good team, but they do not have the talent to beat any D2 team in the State.
I think they demonstrated that into the 3rd Qtr last night when it was 51-14 against a very solid and playoff team in Tallmadge. Not sure many teams could dominate a good Tallmadge defense like that. I didn't say they'd win state, but they do have the talent to beat the top teams in D2 in the state. Let's also be real here, Barberton may be the BEST D2 team. Hoping for a fun game. Wishing Aurora and Tallmadge luck to win and qualify too. Always like to show others how deep the Suburban League is every year!
Old 10-21-17, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Barberton 34
Highland 21
Old 10-21-17, 08:12 PM
All American

monstermash is on a distinguished road
Hornets 31 and the barbies 29. The Hornets have and will bring it for this one and keep the peddle to the metal all 4 quarters. It will have the feel of a playoff game. I would advise all HS football fans go to this game this week. It will be the game of the week!

Old 10-21-17, 08:19 PM
All American

The barbies QB and receiving core very good. Hornet defense will have to be on point and expect Barberton to do the unexpected. It will be all about matchups
Old 10-21-17, 08:38 PM
All American

Expect Barberton to run the heavy package left and right, then Reis will toss down field...same as last year. Highland will need to keep the ball out of the hands of their offense. Time of possession will be the key in this one.....or Hornets will need to just keep scoring and scoring
Old 10-21-17, 08:39 PM
All American

The last team to score...wins!
Old 10-21-17, 08:47 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
Expect Barberton to run the heavy package left and right, then Reis will toss down field...same as last year. Highland will need to keep the ball out of the hands of their offense. Time of possession will be the key in this one.....or Hornets will need to just keep scoring and scoring
I do believe that will be the difference in the game, Barberton's strength upfront. They are similar to Tallmadge when it comes to a power football game. What makes them so dangerous is that they also have speed and a strong passing game too. They have the ability to beat you by going straight ahead, around you, or over you.

Highland was amazing on offense last night. They got to the edge with ease and picked up huge chunks of yardage. Barberton has more team defense speed than Tallmadge, so it will be interesting to see how they matchup.

I really think that Highland's speed on defense will keep Barberton from scoring at will. They will have to earn their yardage and keep the chains moving. That is why I don't see either team getting into the 40s or higher because of churning out drives. With everything being equal and not factoring in turnovers, I see Barberton winning by 10-14 points.
Old 10-21-17, 08:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I do believe that will be the difference in the game, Barberton's strength upfront. They are similar to Tallmadge when it comes to a power football game. What makes them so dangerous is that they also have speed and a strong passing game too. They have the ability to beat you by going straight ahead, around you, or over you.

Highland was amazing on offense last night. They got to the edge with ease and picked up huge chunks of yardage. Barberton has more team defense speed than Tallmadge, so it will be interesting to see how they matchup.

I really think that Highland's speed on defense will keep Barberton from scoring at will. They will have to earn their yardage and keep the chains moving. That is why I don't see either team getting into the 40s or higher because of churning out drives. With everything being equal and not factoring in turnovers, I see Barberton winning by 10-14 points.
I agree, but I think Highland's talented secondary will pick a few passes off and make Barberton alter their normal passing scheme. It may be more disruptive than they are planning for. I still think Highland has a very good chance of out scoring them in the end
Old 10-21-17, 09:08 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
I agree, but I think Highland's talented secondary will pick a few passes off and make Barberton alter their normal passing scheme. It may be more disruptive than they are planning for. I still think Highland has a very good chance of out scoring them in the end
I agree that Highland could out score them. This is not iron-clad win for either team. It will be a battle. A few plays for or against each team could be the deciding factor. Just hope the ball bounces your way more than it bounces the other way in this type of game.
Old 10-21-17, 09:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I agree that Highland could out score them. This is not iron-clad win for either team. It will be a battle. A few plays for or against each team could be the deciding factor. Just hope the ball bounces your way more than it bounces the other way in this type of game.
I think the team that plays the most unconventionally wins this one......case in point, Tallmadge in the 4th quarter last Friday
Old 10-22-17, 05:48 AM
All Yappi

Barberton's starting defense has surrendered a total of 39 points the entire season and only four of the nine opponents were able to score against the starters. The four opponents that scored were Copley(13 points); St. V(14 points); Tallmadge(3 points); Kent(9 points). None of those teams managed a single point in the second half.
Old 10-22-17, 07:21 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Barberton's starting defense has surrendered a total of 39 points the entire season and only four of the nine opponents were able to score against the starters. The four opponents that scored were Copley(13 points); St. V(14 points); Tallmadge(3 points); Kent(9 points). None of those teams managed a single point in the second half.
Barberton has a terrific team across the board. Their early non-conference schedule was very weak, but 39 points has to be close to tops in the state for points allowed. Despite that, Highland has a lot more weapons across the board than any other team they played. As I mentioned, basically the exact same teams as last year minus Booker from Barberton. Scoring wasn't an issue last year vs Barberton, they gave up too many big plays in that game.
Old 10-22-17, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinckley Buzzard View Post
Barberton has a terrific team across the board. Their early non-conference schedule was very weak, but 39 points has to be close to tops in the state for points allowed. Despite that, Highland has a lot more weapons across the board than any other team they played. As I mentioned, basically the exact same teams as last year minus Booker from Barberton. Scoring wasn't an issue last year vs Barberton, they gave up too many big plays in that game.
Just to clarify, we have given up more than 39 points, just our starters have surrendered 39 points. Most of the points we have given up have come late against our 2nd and 3rd teams
Old 10-22-17, 07:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Just to clarify, we have given up more than 39 points, just our starters have surrendered 39 points. Most of the points we have given up have come late against our 2nd and 3rd teams
This is why we play the games...the starters for both teams will be in the entire game in this one...it will be a good game to watch!
Old 10-22-17, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
This is why we play the games...the starters for both teams will be in the entire game in this one...it will be a good game to watch!
Absolutely!

Barberton probably has a home game in week 11 regardless of the outcome while Highland likely needs a win to get that home playoff game.

If Highland wins, the two teams share the SL American crown. The Magics win the division outright with a victory.

Should be a great game and Highland is my favorite stadium to visit!
Old 10-22-17, 08:21 AM
All Region

skipatroller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Absolutely!

Barberton probably has a home game in week 11 regardless of the outcome while Highland likely needs a win to get that home playoff game.

If Highland wins, the two teams share the SL American crown. The Magics win the division outright with a victory.

Should be a great game and Highland is my favorite stadium to visit!
If Highland wins, then there is a 3-way tie for the SL American crown; Aurora, Barberton, Highland
Old 10-22-17, 08:23 AM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Game of the week? Game of the Season! This will be better than Mass vs McK. I hope to see a sell out with a sea of purple representing. As for the game, I have to go with the Magics. You Gotto believe this team has a date with Tom Benson Stadium. Magics 38, Highland 21.
Old 10-22-17, 08:30 AM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipatroller View Post
If Highland wins, then there is a 3-way tie for the SL American crown; Aurora, Barberton, Highland
That is correct, I forgot that in league play, Aurora only lost to Barberton. I guess the Magics just need to win it outright Friday Night. #GoMagics