Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-17-18, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
and your post has relevance to what in my post? Was there any mention of democrat lawmakers or their supporters in my post?

OK, maybe I missed the rules of this game of non sequiturs. Let me try to play yours.

It would be great if being named "Caleb" didn't make you a baby killer and that they could afford the name compassion as America should the family of this man murdered by our so called "friends."

How'd I do? Just saying.
Pretty sure the US will receive some favors from Suad over this, so Iím good with how it was handled. Journalist being killed and or tortured is not a rare event in the world, why are you so worried about this particular journalist?
Old 11-17-18, 11:54 AM
All American

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Rep. Eric Swalwell on the twitter talking about nuking US citizens who don't give up their guns.

No one wants to take your guns, tho.
It seems like I have been told somewhere that I shouldn't take anything on Twitter seriously.
Old 11-17-18, 01:07 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WTF is wrong with you azzhats? The man was butchered. There's no politics in that. Say a prayer, morons.
Hey, I read up a bit like you said and I found this really pleasant post from you.

azzhat.... moron.... Such wonderful compliments. I'm sure glad you didn't start the name calling.
Old 11-17-18, 01:13 PM
All World

Quote:
^^^
So that's the post where you pretend that it wasn't you the started the attempting to insult. Other than you, the posters aren't stupid. They can read up a couple posts and see who "attempted to insult" whom. Maybe you should drink.

Did anyone suggest, invasion? Destruction? The appearance of your IQ drops everytime you post.
I'm in favor of us, standing up for ours. Do you feel forced to play with anyone you don't like? That doesn't represent your morals? When you decide not to do something you consider immoral or to speak out against someone else's immorality is that you imposing your morals over anyone? Or do you feel compelled to go along? That's weak on you. America shouldn't.
Clearly you care about a Saudi national killed in Turkey.
Clearly your caring stops somewhere between that and US citizens killed in Mexico.

Where do you draw the line?
Old 11-17-18, 01:55 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Curious, are people currently taking the stance of "don't know him, it's one guy, who cares?" about Khashoggi say the same thing about Otto Warmbier? And vice versa.
Old 11-17-18, 02:06 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Curious, are people currently taking the stance of "don't know him, it's one guy, who cares?" about Khashoggi say the same thing about Otto Warmbier? And vice versa.
Warmbier was a US citizen, Khashoggi was not.

From a State response, it matters.
Old 11-17-18, 02:25 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
WTF is wrong with you azzhats? The man was butchered....Say a prayer, morons.
Quote:
Out best diplomacy comes when we stand up for our morals. Government sanctioned murder of anyone, let alone a journalist within a diplomatically priviledged area is never something we should support, tolerate or let go without response.

If we were to let it go, we would be a bit less American. Having the balls to stand up to someone even if they're a power player with toys we want and need, that's American. That's not "liberal" think.
Interesting, here was your stance on Otto Warmbier

Quote:
It's no secret the punishment there.

Maybe we'd be a bit better off if "victims" that selfishly get themselves into things like this were "blamed." The "punishment doesn't fit the crime" crowd that thinks these things are under some total control live in an isolated world. You start chaos, you get chaos.

His actions cost ache for family, the country, risked diplomatic war, probably hundreds of thousands of dollars and his life. There are enough people put in jail even following the rules. To lose diplomatic capital for this self-centered act?

Don't "blame" if you don't want to but from MY perspective, these people put others in danger to satisfy their selfish egos. If not having "sympathy" is "blaming" by the measure of some, then so be it.

Quote:
But they also don't want to be extorted by stupid and self-serving actions of citizens who go to these countries or any country and pull stunts like this. It's hard enough to visit or live peacefully and avoid suspicion without these actions to fuel fires. It puts everyone in a bad light, cost who knows how much money and time for both governments, not to mention the terror he inflicted on family and friends.
Quote:
He did it. The risk was clear. The punishment no unexpected. He put the US in the position of having to negotiate mitigation or release. He didn't survive it.

As individuals we can spend all the sympathies we want but our government cannot afford to spend even a penny of political capital on such stunts.
Quote:
He should get ALL the blame for putting himself in position to become a political pawn. When you go to a place like that and do something like that, it's not an overstatement to say that you are treasonous. You DO represent the United States and that's no secret.
Quote:
he put himself in that position. No sympathies.
Quote:
the kid was so clueless and selfish and ego driven, I can't even presume he didn't go into the prison talking sheet nor try to lay low. I feel for his family and those missing him but he committed suicide by NK

Well, at least we've established you're a hypocrite
Old 11-17-18, 02:30 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, this is great. My paper hasn't gotten here yet so y'all taking the place of the comic strips. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-19-18, 08:13 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Any of you wing nuts think MBS is innocent and we need more information?
Old 11-19-18, 09:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
"We" don't need anything. Khashoggi was a Saudi citizen killed by (presumably) Saudis in a Saudi embassy inside Turkey. It's not our place to police the world.
Old 11-19-18, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Yeah what's wrong with having allies who kill journalists who work for the Washington Post? Welcome to the Party of Trump. GOP RIP.
Old 11-19-18, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Nothing would be really done about this regardless of person or party in power, IMO. At most, just some tough talk in a presser followed by no actual action.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-18, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Yeah what's wrong with having allies who kill journalists who work for the Washington Post? Welcome to the Party of Trump. GOP RIP.
Since when did our allies have to be nice people?

Remember how the Soviet Union was a HUGE American ally during WW2. Why FDR thought Uncle Joe Stalin was a fine man even though he butchered 7,000,000 Ukrainians!

What's the old saying "nations have INTERESTS not FRIENDS".
Old 11-19-18, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who cares, at this point in time we need the Saudi's to contain Iran and help us try to work towards some form of Middle East peace.

As long as they didn't murder an AMERICAN citizen I have no problem with the Trump administration not compromising American interests to virtue signal to the world.
Old 11-19-18, 10:20 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trump must be jealous he can't have the "fake news" folks butchered.

And with that cue the RWNJs, stroke patients, and tin foil hat wearers..."but the Clintons!" lol

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-18, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Who cares, at this point in time we need the Saudi's to contain Iran and help us try to work towards some form of Middle East peace.

As long as they didn't murder an AMERICAN citizen I have no problem with the Trump administration not compromising American interests to virtue signal to the world.
They murdered thousands of AMERICAN citizens.

But they have oil, we sell them arms, and most importantly like Russia fund many Trump family personal financial interests.
Old 11-19-18, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

But they have oil, we sell them arms, and most importantly like Russia fund many Trump family personal financial interests.
Now who's wearing the conspiracy tin foil hat? I wasn't aware that the Saudi government carried out the 9/11 attack?

And yes Saudi oil does factor into things here as we need cheap global oil to drive our economy. And those Americans who earn a living in the arms industry probably don't want us sacrificing their jobs on the alter of a foreign "journalist". It's called looking out for America's interests.

But hey, like a true progressive you expect others to make sacrifices for your virtue signaling.
Old 11-19-18, 10:48 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, no, and I don't care.
Old 11-19-18, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Exactly which countries do you think are our friends? Would ANY country not act in their own self interests? Do you think governments are benevolent? Sadly, I think you actually believe excessive government is a good thing
Old 11-19-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

EU, Israel, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Australia, most of the other NATO allies. Not Putin not Saudis not NK. Wasn't a difficult question till the orange idiot showed up.
Old 11-19-18, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
EU, Israel, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Australia, most of the other NATO allies. Not Putin not Saudis not NK. Wasn't a difficult question till the orange idiot showed up.
Interesting how you didnít answer the other two questions
Old 11-19-18, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So what were the reasons when Trump WASN'T POTUS? Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama? They all thought the Saudi's were fine.
Old 11-19-18, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

Strategic ally in some regards, but never friends, and completely unaccountable. Then again none ever had such personal financial conflicts of interest.
Old 11-19-18, 02:38 PM
All Region

JcksnPlrBrs2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
So what were the reasons when Trump WASN'T POTUS? Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama? They all thought the Saudi's were fine.
To be fair, in regards to leaders of other countries, our country has had a long-standing unwritten policy of "brutal autocratic murdering thugs are fine as long we're convinced that they're our brutal autocratic murdering thugs and help us with our own ends more than they hurt", and that has been true regardless of which party has been in the White House. Saddam Hussein would tell you as much if he was still alive, but he screwed it up by going too far off script.

If the Saudis are ever going to be truly held accountable, it won't be over a sudden "moral awakening" - it'll be over a simple cost-benefit analysis based on how much our leaders think they're helping or hurting US interests.
Old 11-19-18, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Strategic ally in some regards, but never friends, and completely unaccountable.
The relationship hasn't changed in any material manner in almost 50 years. It's simply a fact, and not disputable.

Quote:
Then again none ever had such personal financial conflicts of interest.
Typical deflection, and irrelevant to the question at hand.
Old 11-19-18, 03:12 PM
All World

The issue in my mind is he takes the side of the Saudis over his own intelligence officials. He did the same with Russia. It undermines the work of Americans that risk their life for our country and does bring into question if his personal motives and business interest guide his decisions.
Old 11-19-18, 04:44 PM
All World

Good News. - The Army to begin drawing down 5,800 troops sent to the border as early as this week. Thus ending maybe the most naked, blatant, political stunt in my lifetime.
Old 11-19-18, 04:46 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
The stunt was the caravan ...........not our response.
Old 11-19-18, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The issue in my mind is he takes the side of the Saudis over his own intelligence officials. He did the same with Russia. It undermines the work of Americans that risk their life for our country and does bring into question if his personal motives and business interest guide his decisions.
His go to is always "Hey I asked him and he denies it." Like what more do you want, lol. Seriously what a dumb*ss.
Old 11-19-18, 07:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
The stunt was the caravan ...........not our response.
Only thing that changed is Trumps twitter and Facebook news.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: