Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-14-18, 07:46 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
7-Year-Old Migrant Girl Dies Of Dehydration And Shock In U.S. Border Patrol Custody

with 15,000 children in custody seperated from their parents I guess it was only a matter of time. This administration is an absolute shame on American values. It is frankly amazing the calculated evil that is going on in the HHS. I would like to see an investigation and some people held accountable. Letting 7 year old kids is not acceptable regardless of any views on immigration.

7-Year-Old Migrant Girl Dies Of Dehydration And Shock In U.S. Border Patrol Custody
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-18, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Your link doesn't work.

Terrible tragedy. When I hear of things or events like this (even in the US with American citizens involved) I first look to see what happened with the family and the parents. Many times the child's unfortunate death is a result of mistakes the parents made. For example , leaving the kid alone at home while the parent(s) were out doing something and the kid gets hurt. So in this case I look and see that the parents illegally entered our country. And I believe the child would be alive had they not made that terrible choice.
Old 12-14-18, 08:10 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Your link doesn't work.

Terrible tragedy. When I hear of things or events like this (even in the US with American citizens involved) I first look to see what happened with the family and the parents. Many times the child's unfortunate death is a result of mistakes the parents made. For example , leaving the kid alone at home while the parent(s) were out doing something and the kid gets hurt. So in this case I look and see that the parents illegally entered our country. And I believe the child would be alive had they not made that terrible choice.
Or if the people that took her away from her parents gave her proper care.
Old 12-14-18, 08:13 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
She started having seizures more than 8 hours after they were taken into custody. Which means the dehydration is at the fault of her parents not keeping her hydrated the days leading up to this.
Old 12-14-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
with 15,000 children in custody seperated from their parents I guess it was only a matter of time. This administration is an absolute shame on American values. It is frankly amazing the calculated evil that is going on in the HHS. I would like to see an investigation and some people held accountable. Letting 7 year old kids is not acceptable regardless of any views on immigration.

Yeah, the criminal is the girls father - who led his daughter across the desert with inadequate hydration over several days and then snuck across the border without regard to her safety. Once her condition manifested itself the border agents acted swiftly to save her from a series of poor decisions and actions by her father but unfortunately they were too late.
Old 12-14-18, 08:44 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If she had stayed with her parents, she would be just as dead and just another statistic. You wouldn't care. You are using a bad parental decision that cost a child her life as a PR stunt against this administration. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 12-14-18, 09:15 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Yeah, the criminal is the girls father - who led his daughter across the desert with inadequate hydration over several days and then snuck across the border without regard to her safety. Once her condition manifested itself the border agents acted swiftly to save her from a series of poor decisions and actions by her father but unfortunately they were too late.
I agree 100%. This is a parenting problem, not a border patrol problem.
Old 12-14-18, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
As my DS would always say each night hydration formation:

Hydrate or Die!
Old 12-14-18, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Uhh-oh, pro-life christian alert ^^^.

She's a 7 yo little girl. How bout give her some "American water" a piece of bread take care of her and/or have an ounce of human compassion? For her OR her father.

I don't know the details of this case yet, but it is clear this POTUS & adm. views illegal immigrants as human trash, and believes cruelty is an effective deterrent.
Old 12-14-18, 09:50 AM
All District

Bigscarletandgrey is on a distinguished road
I agree the parents have culpability. That said wouldn't you think the 1st thing done with these children would be to have a doctor check them out?

When a government agency takes a child from their parents (for whatever reason) the child's welfare should be the 1st priority.
Old 12-14-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
She started having seizures more than 8 hours after they were taken into custody. Which means the dehydration is at the fault of her parents not keeping her hydrated the days leading up to this.
So why was she detained for 8 hours with no medical assistance, despite having a 105 temp? Why weren’t emergency services called?
Old 12-14-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post

She's a 7 yo little girl. How bout give her some "American water" a piece of bread take care of her and/or have an ounce of human compassion? For her OR her father.

I don't know the details of this case yet, but it is clear this POTUS & adm. views illegal immigrants as human trash, and believes cruelty is an effective deterrent.
Yadda Yadda.
Old 12-14-18, 11:07 AM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
So why was she detained for 8 hours with no medical assistance, despite having a 105 temp? Why weren’t emergency services called?
The EMTs were the ones that discovered her temperature. They airlifted her to a hospital. Is that your definition of "no medical assistance?"
Old 12-14-18, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:

TDS alert!
Old 12-14-18, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not knowing the fact but having an opinion anway......another TDS alert.
Old 12-14-18, 11:18 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Why hadn't her father given her food or water for days before being detained? Just because she had a 105 temp at the time of seizures doesn't mean she had a 105 temp at the time of being detained. And they did call emergency services, she was air-lifted to a hospital.
Old 12-14-18, 11:26 AM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Typical Democrat feigned outrage. They don't care about the girl at all, only what she represents in the game of politics...
Old 12-14-18, 12:56 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So when people enter our country illegally, we are required to be ready to provide life saving medical care as a matter of course? Is that what you are suggesting?
Old 12-14-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
So when people enter our country illegally, we are required to be ready to provide life saving medical care as a matter of course? Is that what you are suggesting?
Yes, we should. Infants and small children especially, are not yet mentally developed enough to fully understand the extent to which you despise them. They still think humans are supposed to help other humans. Older adults I agree should know better.
Old 12-14-18, 01:29 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Very sad in deed. Maybe we should eliminate the incentive for making such a dangerous trip. If these poor people knew that a trek through the desert would not end with successfully crossing the border, they would not make the trip. Lets make crossing the border illegally less likely and we will save lives such as that of this little girl.

I hope the Congressional Democrats help get this done rather than playing politics with these unfortunates.
Old 12-14-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They are CHILDREN.
Old 12-14-18, 01:47 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes. Not a legal obligation but a moral one. We need to make sure they have food and water when we turn them back into the desert.

If the Democrats would do what they have done many times before and provide money to expand the various walls and fences, many of these tragedies would be averted. Unfortunately they are more interested in depriving Trump of a political win.

This poor kid, as well as the DACA young adults are a political prop for the Democrats. Trump proposed a deal last year that would have helped both.
Old 12-14-18, 01:53 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

What a despicable post. The left has gone completely nuts.
Old 12-14-18, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yes, we should. Infants and small children especially, are not yet mentally developed enough to fully understand the extent to which you despise them. They still think humans are supposed to help other humans. Older adults I agree should know better.
Sorry one of your props died.

Thoughts and Prayers....yadda yadda.
Old 12-14-18, 01:55 PM
All District

Quote:
How low have we fallen when anyone would think this is acceptable.
Old 12-14-18, 01:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Sorry one of your props died.

Thoughts and Prayers....yadda yadda.
You're saying a child is a prop? I don't know you and am very thankful I don't if that is what you intended.
Old 12-14-18, 02:00 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A seven year old, drug there by her father, by no choice or fault of her own, ABSOLUTELY! I still stand by her father shouldering the blame for her condition, but to suggest that a 1st grader doesn't deserve medical attention because of her parents poor choices is just kind of sad.

Also I have now read 3 different articles that all say she started having seizures 8 hours AFTER she was detained not BEFORE. Kind of dumps a little more responsibility into the laps of the border patrol agents and the people expected to care for the children once they are detained and separated from their parents. I don't really care what side you fall on in the separation debate, there should be a level of care that is expected by all of us for the most innocent victims (children) in the process. Do what you want with the adults crossing the border illegally, they made choices, but for humanity's sake we should want to provide the best possible care to the kids.
Old 12-14-18, 02:06 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
You can blame the democrats for stonewalling the WALL and advertising open borders. These people would have never made the poor decision to try and illegally enter the country had the democrats done their duty.
Old 12-14-18, 02:09 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They are CHILDREN with irresponsible parents.
Fixed your post.
Old 12-14-18, 02:18 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Don't kid yourself, Donald is perfectly content to continue to have red meat to toss out to his base.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: