Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-17, 01:12 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Jimmy Carter: The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors

Quote:
President Trump has an unexpected defender: Jimmy Carter.

“I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” Carter told New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.”

Carter also defended Trump against claims that the current president's aggressive style is souring U.S. relations with the world. “Well, he might be escalating it but I think that precedes Trump,” he told the Times. “The United States has been the dominant character in the whole world and now we’re not anymore. And we’re not going to be. Russia’s coming back and India and China are coming forward.”
Read more:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ors/788558001/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-17, 01:44 PM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
He used this media to take down his opponents and he uses it to attack his foes. (Comey, Mitch, McCain, The Pope, Hillary, Obama....Gold Star Families) Does the media overreact to his style. Yes. However, he is the first President to actively provoke the media in a purposeful way.
Old 10-23-17, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
He used this media to take down his opponents and he uses it to attack his foes. (Comey, Mitch, McCain, The Pope, Hillary, Obama....Gold Star Families) Does the media overreact to his style. Yes. However, he is the first President to actively provoke the media in a purposeful way.
You might be too young to remember Nixon. The Clinton's famously doubted the media would come after them.
Old 10-23-17, 01:53 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Trump is playing the media and they have no clue.
Old 10-23-17, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Carter still denying American Exceptionalism. You'd think the spanking by Reagan would have woke him up.
Old 10-23-17, 02:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I Agree. He knows how to push the buttons to get them all hot and bothered or distract from something real.
Old 10-23-17, 02:49 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I Agree. He knows how to push the buttons to get them all hot and bothered or distract from something real.
Or they are just ignoring the real stories.
Old 10-23-17, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Correct but the way he is playing them is to exploit their deep bias against him. I think of him like a bull fighter who uses the momentum of a one ton bull to his advantage. Bottom line is that if the media treated Trump fairly he would not be able to play them like he does.
Old 10-23-17, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
What Trump did to the media during the election was a thing of beauty, no doubt about that. And they fell for it time and time again.
Old 10-23-17, 05:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The media shows no desire to cover anything "real" with respect to Trump. They latch on to every rumor or story that they THINK will show him in a bad light. The other problem the media faces is that the public remembers how they protected Obama and covered for him every time they could. Now they see Trump getting excoriated for every thing he says - they can see the double standard and they don't like it.

There's also a bit of the "boy who cries WOLF" in the medias coverage of all things Trump. When you manufacture a weekly outrage against Trump the public soon becomes immune to outrage. In a weird sort if way the media has inoculated Trump against outrage by overplaying their hand.
Old 10-23-17, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Definitely and he gives it right back
Old 10-23-17, 05:06 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
didn't Carter also say something that there is NO collusion with Russia.....
Old 10-23-17, 05:38 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
With all due respect to former president Carter, RIC will have their hands full in the foreseeable future as it regards social and environmental issues - to the extent that those countries will not seriously challenge our status as "the best".
Old 10-23-17, 07:41 PM
All World

wonder why Buffalow boy hasn't given his thoughts on this thread?
Old 10-23-17, 11:16 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
^ I bet you were.

I think the media has hammered Trump. Some fairly and some unfairly but he does not help his own cause. Would you agree?
Old 10-24-17, 06:16 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
^ I bet you were.

I think the media has hammered Trump. Some fairly and some unfairly but he does not help his own cause. Would you agree?
yes on somethings......but it is not even CLOSE on the bias that the media shows...not even CLOSE
Old 10-24-17, 06:31 AM
All World

I am guessing if Jimmy Carter woke up and tweet Ronnie the Clown from California is a bad actor...(insert whatever) or the towel head in Iran is going to pay if does not let the hostages go...the media would have covered it.
Old 10-24-17, 06:57 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Whats up with CNN? When I'm channel surfing I'll usually stop by for a few minutes. Are they ever going to give this Phone call/Cowboy hat thing a rest? Seems to be 24/7 since it started. Last night Don Lemon had a open letter to the widow...it was so ridiculous I had to advance the remote.
Old 10-24-17, 07:17 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Whats up with CNN? When I'm channel surfing I'll usually stop by for a few minutes. Are they ever going to give this Phone call/Cowboy hat thing a rest? Seems to be 24/7 since it started. Last night Don Lemon had a open letter to the widow...it was so ridiculous I had to advance the remote.
...and Tucker spent 2 hours covering the Clinton Foundation, Obama and Uranium. It is ridiculous on both sides.
Old 10-24-17, 07:31 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
...and Tucker spent 2 hours covering the Clinton Foundation, Obama and Uranium. It is ridiculous on both sides.
Has CNN covered this at all except perhaps to scoff? Fox covered the Cowboy hat for several days but knows when to fade to black...
Old 10-24-17, 07:46 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Right. We wouldn't want to cover the actual conspiracies, just the fake ones.
Old 10-24-17, 07:57 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
We will see if the Clinton Foundation, Obama and Uranium is ridiculous. I am betting and giving odds they find a lot more dirt on this than they have on Trump and the Russians. You just will not hear about this on CNN and the rest until it is a done deal and then they will try to show it in a light that it is not as bad as being shown or it all Trumps fault that this was brought up in.
Old 10-24-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
What Trump did to the media during the election was a thing of beauty, no doubt about that. And they fell for it time and time again.
And that is precisely why they hate him so much now. He is a threat to the way that they have made their money for years, and yet they empowered him for free. He has kind of painted himself into a corner. He will never get a fair shake from many of them, and they will never stop trying to damage him.
Old 10-24-17, 09:27 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
So the better the economy does and if Trump gets anything passed by the Congress that improves the lives of everyday Americans. and if all the accusations fail to stick on Trump, they are going to have a hard time finding anything to damage him and it will make the liberal news people look worse then they do now. If this happens several of the newscasters will no doubt end up in padded rooms. Rachel Maddow would be a good example.
Old 10-24-17, 10:29 AM
All World

The fact that he is struggling to pass any legis with full house and senate has to be frustrating to GOP. His tweet tantrum on Corker and McCain not going to help get anything done. He almost makes it impossible for GOP to function and changes his position on ACA, DACA and tax cuts/reform daily.
Old 10-24-17, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am guessing if Jimmy Carter woke up and tweet Ronnie the Clown from California is a bad actor...(insert whatever) or the towel head in Iran is going to pay if does not let the hostages go...the media would have covered it.
Sure they would have...in a positive light.
Old 10-24-17, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The fact that he is struggling to pass any legis with full house and senate has to be frustrating to GOP. His tweet tantrum on Corker and McCain not going to help get anything done. He almost makes it impossible for GOP to function and changes his position on ACA, DACA and tax cuts/reform daily.
It's not his fault nothing is getting done. Talk to your Congressman.

"We will repeal and replace Obamacare, just give us a chance"

Ok you have a majority in both houses and the Presidency.

"Well maybe Obamacare isn't so bad after all."
Old 10-24-17, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't know about you Happy but I voted for a President, not a king, when I cast my vote for Trump. And last I looked the POTUS isn't supposed to do legislation. He can sign it, he can veto it and he can complain about it - he just can't originate it.
Old 10-24-17, 06:15 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I don't know about you Happy but I voted for a President, not a king, when I cast my vote for Trump. And last I looked the POTUS isn't supposed to do legislation. He can sign it, he can veto it and he can complain about it - he just can't originate it.
Exactly.

His many EOs/PMs have essentially been reversals of Obama's "fiat legislation" that was originated by similar means. Trump might be getting less Congressional cooperation than Obama did.
Old 10-24-17, 06:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
was Donnie boy crying......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: