Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-25-17, 12:51 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
This American man was arrested for scamming Nigerians of over N150 million

Quote:
In a typical case of ‘bush-meat-become-hunter,’ an American man has been arrested and charged to court for scamming three Nigerians of over $500,000.

Marco Ramirez, an American citizen, was remanded in Kirikiri Maximum Prison by an Ikeja High court Thursday after it he was accused by the EFCC of taking money from his victims under the pretext of securing them American passports.

According to Herald, the EFCC prosecutor said the accused was managing director of three companies – USA Now Plc., Eagleford Instalodge Group and USA Now Capital Group.
Read more:
http://ekometro.com/news/american-sc...million-naira/
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-17, 03:49 PM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
It's about time an American finally scammed a Nigerian.
Old 06-25-17, 04:05 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
There are some great videos on Youtube of people, who supposedly have very good computer skills, answering a scam email where the would-be scammer asks the person to turn over control of their PC so the scammer can "fix" a virus or malware" problem - and supposedly the scammee is smart enough to turn the tables and wipe out the entire hard drive of the scammer's PC while they're on the phone.

Not sure if those videos are legit, but it's nice to think about.

I like James Veitch's ability to frustrate scammers with his ability to take them down the rabbit hole.
Old 06-25-17, 08:32 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
There are some great videos on Youtube of people, who supposedly have very good computer skills, answering a scam email where the would-be scammer asks the person to turn over control of their PC so the scammer can "fix" a virus or malware" problem - and supposedly the scammee is smart enough to turn the tables and wipe out the entire hard drive of the scammer's PC while they're on the phone.

Not sure if those videos are legit, but it's nice to think about.

I like James Veitch's ability to frustrate scammers with his ability to take them down the rabbit hole.
Wish I knew how to do that. I got that phone call from "Microsoft" about a year ago. In fact, more than one person called. Persistent, but unsuccessful. Maybe twenty years from now...
Old 06-25-17, 09:41 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Wish I knew how to do that. I got that phone call from "Microsoft" about a year ago. In fact, more than one person called. Persistent, but unsuccessful. Maybe twenty years from now...
Here's one such story, I'm not familiar with the terms, though:

https://www.geek.com/tech/guy-tricks...mware-1665967/

Here's my favorite James Veitch video, describing how he responded to a variation of the Nigerian scam:
Old 06-25-17, 10:56 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Great story. It bothers me most that scammers pull this crap on elderly folks and those experiencing a "weak moment". No conscience at all. I'd jerk them around, but I don't want them to have a (vengeful) reason to keep calling.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: