Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-18-17, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Skipper of ESPN resigns following year filled with sexual harassment allegations

Looks like the guys at Barstool was right. Crazy.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-17, 10:27 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
The guy(s) at Barstool was (were) right about what? The guy that I think you're referring to, Dave Portnoy, is an ässhole. Portnoy has ridiculed Skipper for being a drunk when Skipper acknowledges that he has a substance abuse problem. After Skipper's resignation, Portnoy stated "It is a huge victory for us. I love watching my enemies go down. They say it’s substance abuse, that stinks for him but it’s probably a cop-out." Classy, idiot.

Also, why the thread title mentioning sexual harassment? The cause of the resignation was to seek help for substance abuse. Anyone reading your thread title, and that didn't have knowledge of the reason behind the resignation, may conclude that it was another instance of a sexual harassment allegation.
Old 12-19-17, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
OBCF being a barstool fan is about the least surprising thing ever
Old 12-19-17, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
The guy(s) at Barstool was (were) right about what? The guy that I think you're referring to, Dave Portnoy, is an ässhole. Portnoy has ridiculed Skipper for being a drunk when Skipper acknowledges that he has a substance abuse problem. After Skipper's resignation, Portnoy stated "It is a huge victory for us. I love watching my enemies go down. They say it’s substance abuse, that stinks for him but it’s probably a cop-out." Classy, idiot.

Also, why the thread title mentioning sexual harassment? The cause of the resignation was to seek help for substance abuse. Anyone reading your thread title, and that didn't have knowledge of the reason behind the resignation, may conclude that it was another instance of a sexual harassment allegation.
The Boston Globe recently chronicled a "culture of sexual harassment" at ESPN.

ESPN suspended countless numbers of reporters this year for this exact reason. Funny how you are defending their leader who enabled this toxic environment to persist for years.
Old 12-19-17, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
OBCF being a barstool fan is about the least surprising thing ever
I don't like barstool I only like PFTcommenter on twitter
Old 12-19-17, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Weird how desperate you were to make this about barstool then
Old 12-19-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Weird how desperate you were to make this about barstool then
They were the first I saw to really draw attention to the hypocrisy of many of the reporters at ESPN.

A lot of really bad people at their Connecticut studios imo
Old 12-19-17, 02:11 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, the sexual harassment is probably at an all time low now, the REPORTING has skyrocketted. I don't think any of us really understand how "normal" it was for business men and supervisors to routinely harass their female subordinates. There was just little recourse for women because A. they needed the job and B. they had no money for attorneys, there was no EEOC and it was just accepted as normal stuff.
I'd also way women back then who didn't want to play the game simply held their ground and the guy backed off.
The rules have changed now - for the better - except it would be ok if women just told the guy to buzz off and not cower and go complain to some one. That nips it in the bud immediately.
Old 12-19-17, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Actually, the sexual harassment is probably at an all time low now, the REPORTING has skyrocketted. I don't think any of us really understand how "normal" it was for business men and supervisors to routinely harass their female subordinates. There was just little recourse for women because A. they needed the job and B. they had no money for attorneys, there was no EEOC and it was just accepted as normal stuff.
I'd also way women back then who didn't want to play the game simply held their ground and the guy backed off.
The rules have changed now - for the better - except it would be ok if women just told the guy to buzz off and not cower and go complain to some one. That nips it in the bud immediately.
I'm sure it is absolutely improved over back in the good ole days, but I don't think "it's better than it was in the 50s is a legitimate defense for the culture at ESPN under John Skipper's leadership.

ESPN has bashed players in a multitude of sports for similar behavior for years. The ultimate hypocrisy. The lack of ethics from people working in the mainstream media is unbelievable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: