Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-04-19, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Leaving Neverland

HBO started showing the 2 part documentary Sunday that tells the story at the height of his stardom, Michael Jackson began long-running relationships with two boys, aged 7 and 10, and their families. Now in their 30s, they tell the story of how they were sexually abused by Jackson.

Anyone see the 1st part on Sunday? Thoughts? A lot of strong opinions to this thing and with Oprah taking a stand she has become the object of scorn to the legion of MJ fans. There is also a a war going on in social media over his legacy.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-19, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Great music.

Bad person.

Since I didn't know him personally, I don't really care about the latter, but still enjoy his music.

Didn't and wouldn't watch even if I got that channel
Old 03-04-19, 01:23 PM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
HBO started showing the 2 part documentary Sunday that tells the story at the height of his stardom, Michael Jackson began long-running relationships with two boys, aged 7 and 10, and their families. Now in their 30s, they tell the story of how they were sexually abused by Jackson.

Anyone see the 1st part on Sunday? Thoughts? A lot of strong opinions to this thing and with Oprah taking a stand she has become the object of scorn to the legion of MJ fans. There is also a a war going on in social media over his legacy.
Alleged relationships, one of these boys testified in open court that nothing every happened between him and Jackson. I'm almost 100% certain Jackson was a creep and we all know we was more than a little bit strange, but there is a lot of problems with these allegations.
Old 03-04-19, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
For me what was more creepier than MJ was the one mother who actually seemed to think the molestation of her child was humorous. She smiled and laughed in describing her family's experiences with MJ.
Old 03-04-19, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
He became famous when he was like 9 and was abused by his dad, of course he was messed up
Old 03-04-19, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Car accident play a role?
Old 03-04-19, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
It was insane. The voicemails, the fax messages, the videos, etc. They were horrifying
Old 03-04-19, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
For me what was more creepier than MJ was the one mother who actually seemed to think the molestation of her child was humorous. She smiled and laughed in describing her family's experiences with MJ.
She has a much different tone in part 2
Old 03-05-19, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Saw the second part last night. Was happy to see that the Aussie mom has been essentially ostrasized by her whole family. Laughed when the Aussie kid, Wade, said that upon entering the courthouse MJ looked totally white with fear/nerves. By that time MJ was whiter than about 75% of all caucasians.
Old 03-05-19, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
My wife and I decided to watch due to all the buzz.

I think we made it 20 minutes in. Absolutely sickening.
Old 03-05-19, 02:23 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Michael Jackson was a heck of a talented musician who came from a messed up family. It's not surprising that he may have molested some of the children that lived with him in Neverland. My issue with the whole thing is why now? If he really did these things then he should have been prosecuted back then. Why drag his name through the mud now, Oh yea I know, MONEY!?!?!?

I think it's pretty sad that some people will prostitute themselves while dirtying up the name of another. There are some who had to know this stuff was going on while he was alive and doing it. So why did they help cover it up? Oh yea the answer again is MONEY!!!!!

I really have no respect for these people coming out now because it has nothing to do with what MJ may or may not have done, what it's all about is while they drag his name through the mud they are making big MONEY for doing it. They are all whores!
Old 03-05-19, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Yeah, how dare victims of sexual abuse come forward! Damn prostitutes!

Read a psychology book.
Old 03-05-19, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Yeah, how dare victims of sexual abuse come forward! Damn prostitutes!

Read a psychology book.
Did any of them take a lie detector test? Not when they were kids but now as adults?
Old 03-05-19, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Michael Jackson was a heck of a talented musician who came from a messed up family. It's not surprising that he may have molested some of the children that lived with him in Neverland. My issue with the whole thing is why now? If he really did these things then he should have been prosecuted back then. Why drag his name through the mud now, Oh yea I know, MONEY!?!?!?

I think it's pretty sad that some people will prostitute themselves while dirtying up the name of another. There are some who had to know this stuff was going on while he was alive and doing it. So why did they help cover it up? Oh yea the answer again is MONEY!!!!!

I really have no respect for these people coming out now because it has nothing to do with what MJ may or may not have done, what it's all about is while they drag his name through the mud they are making big MONEY for doing it. They are all whores!
I agree. It is all money driven. I do not believe most of what they stated. The two families both had motives to destroy Michael.
Old 03-05-19, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I agree. It is all money driven. I do not believe most of what they stated. The two families both had motives to destroy Michael.
You are aware neither of the 2 participants in this documentary received any money, right?
Old 03-05-19, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Taking the credibility of the alleged victims completely out of the mix, what parent would leave their young boy with a grown man under those circumstances? Unsupervised, long periods of time, overnights...
Old 03-05-19, 06:10 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I did not see the doc but I heard a discussion on the radio and one of the things called out by the abuse counselor who was interviewed that MJ had enablers screen the kids so that they had no father in the picture, just a weak mother figure who was happy their boy was getting some attention form an older male. Was this touched on during the film? She said this is a common practice with pedophiles.
Old 03-05-19, 06:11 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Taking the credibility of the alleged victims completely out of the mix, what parent would leave their young boy with a grown man under those circumstances? Unsupervised, long periods of time, overnights...
Anyone that has watched will tell you this is the most disturbing aspect. Then again, Jackson found not only the boys but more importantly a mom who was willing to overlook her 11 year old spending every night alone with a 30 year old man. The one mom LOVED being important as part of Jackson's entourage.

Like I stated early, I had to turn it off, but didn't one of the dads commit suicide?
Old 03-05-19, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Anyone that has watched will tell you this is the most disturbing aspect. Then again, Jackson found not only the boys but more importantly a mom who was willing to overlook her 11 year old spending every night alone with a 30 year old man. The one mom LOVED being important as part of Jackson's entourage.

Like I stated early, I had to turn it off, but didn't one of the dads commit suicide?
Yes, Wade Robson's father committed suicide. The father of the boy from the 1993 allegations also committed suicide.
Old 03-06-19, 09:29 AM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are aware neither of the 2 participants in this documentary received any money, right?
If you believe that then you are one naive individual.
Old 03-06-19, 10:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Maybe not yet, but I would bet there are book deals, tv appearances, interviews, etc...all on the way. I do have some understanding of abuse victims and these boys may or may not be. Jackson was a creep no doubt, but like someone else said, why now? What's the motivation now that he's gone? Get your therapy, deal with your issues, take care of yourself, but a two part documentary on HBO several years after his death, definitely some other motivation there.
Old 03-06-19, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Maybe not yet, but I would bet there are book deals, tv appearances, interviews, etc...all on the way. I do have some understanding of abuse victims and these boys may or may not be. Jackson was a creep no doubt, but like someone else said, why now? What's the motivation now that he's gone? Get your therapy, deal with your issues, take care of yourself, but a two part documentary on HBO several years after his death, definitely some other motivation there.
Just because heís dead doesnít negate that this allegedly happened to them They have been accused him of molestation for years and a documentary is being made about it.
Old 03-06-19, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
If you believe that then you are one naive individual.
Can you find me any sources that show they made money from Leaving Neverland?
Old 03-06-19, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
It’s not like Jackson molesting little boys is coming out of left field, it’s been alledged by many for many years. If they were victims, and I believe they were, I don’t blame them for this. If they make millions, good!
Old 03-06-19, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Itís not like Jackson molesting little boys is coming out of left field, itís been alledged by many for many years. If they were victims, and I believe they were, I donít blame them for this. If they make millions, good!
I agree, but at this point what does it accomplish other than to hurt his kids and family. Like or not, they are also victims of his choices and are now the only ones around to suffer the consequences of his actions.
Old 03-06-19, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I agree, but at this point what does it accomplish other than to hurt his kids and family. Like or not, they are also victims of his choices and are now the only ones around to suffer the consequences of his actions.
Iím not even sure what that is supposed to mean. Thatís his fault, not theirs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: