Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-04-19, 03:45 PM
All American

ProV1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
Not often I agree with you but you hit this on the head. LaSalle is clear favorite heading into Thursday.The weaker district comes into play big time. I couldn't agree more with Hightower and Hepner. IF Hepner wants to win it nobody will beat him. Hightower SHOULD make the finals. He has been on a roll the last month.
Here we go again. LaSalle is not the favorite going in.
Old 03-04-19, 04:14 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Here we go again. LaSalle is not the favorite going in.
Edís people are trying to play the under dog role last couple years.
Old 03-04-19, 04:16 PM
All World

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
No Pro just the truth. Did you look at the seeds? Did you look at the two projections? Boro and Bucksman? At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I think or you. We will all know together about 10pm on Saturday.

Side note why didn't you bring up my previous two predictions? I said in early December LaSalle was the favorite in the dual and would win by 10+ points. Why don't you bring up my post from 2/1 where I said Ed's would beat LaSalle at the state duals.

I believe along with others LaSalle is the favorite. 9 #1 seeds and 5 projected champs. More importantly the secondary wrestlers will score more then Ed's. Those are just the facts my friend. Not here we go again. Although I was right on both previous occasions.
Old 03-04-19, 05:03 PM
All American

Quote:
No Pro just the truth. Did you look at the seeds? Did you look at the two projections? Boro and Bucksman? At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I think or you. We will all know together about 10pm on Saturday.

Side note why didn't you bring up my previous two predictions? I said in early December LaSalle was the favorite in the dual and would win by 10+ points. Why don't you bring up my post from 2/1 where I said Ed's would beat LaSalle at the state duals.

I believe along with others LaSalle is the favorite. 9 #1 seeds and 5 projected champs. More importantly the secondary wrestlers will score more then Ed's. Those are just the facts my friend. Not here we go again. Although I was right on both previous occasions.
Boro is predicting a 25 point win by Eds.
Old 03-04-19, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Re: D1 120 - Byrd and Canitano come in as protected wrestlers, which means there are only two combinations possible. Hilliard Darby would either go with Kettering Fairmont or North Canton.
Old 03-04-19, 06:40 PM
Junior Varsity

CBHS.net is on a distinguished road
I see Ed's getting bonus point wins earlier in the bracket which will help team-wise.

Hammer row will be looking for pins & tech's on their way to their state championship

Old 03-04-19, 09:26 PM
Freshman

LPantera is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
182-Hightower -in the finals watch out for his step over pin combination.
Canít overlook getting by Vanadia in quarters first. Not saying it will play out exactly like last time at state duals, but Vanadia handled him in convincing fashion there. It should be a great quarters match.
Old 03-05-19, 12:02 AM
Freshman

EastsideCat is on a distinguished road
Pedigree

Quote:
Not often I agree with you but you hit this on the head. LaSalle is clear favorite heading into Thursday.The weaker district comes into play big time. I couldn't agree more with Hightower and Hepner. IF Hepner wants to win it nobody will beat him. Hightower SHOULD make the finals. He has been on a roll the last month.
Sean Nelson was 52-0 heading into the finals against an upstart skinny sophomore from Strongsville who wrestled out of the THE University School when that kid with the initials HH dashed Nelson's dreams. I wouldn't bet against his brother having some magic of his own. He put up a gutsy performance at states last year until his meniscus decided to fail.

Andonian looked like a focused individual at Mentor this weekend. Kids on that team seemed prepared to live up to the legacy of Ferg. Keep the Crown in NE Ohio as far as I am concerned.

My kid plays Hockey and thankfully Iggy took that title from Eds this century
Old 03-05-19, 03:03 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Edís people are trying to play the under dog role last couple years.
Not counting this post, I believe only 1 other Edís fan has posted in this thread?

How long have you been waiting to bust out that post?
Old 03-05-19, 09:00 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Projected making it to the finals
Lasalle has 106-113-120-195
Ed's has 138-145-152-160-220
Who projected 5 Lasalle champs?
9#1 from a very weak district
Ed's won many state titles with their secondary wrestlers .
Old 03-05-19, 09:43 AM
Junior Varsity

LilPanda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideCat View Post
Sean Nelson was 52-0 heading into the finals against an upstart skinny sophomore from Strongsville who wrestled out of the THE University School when that kid with the initials HH dashed Nelson's dreams. I wouldn't bet against his brother having some magic of his own. He put up a gutsy performance at states last year until his meniscus decided to fail.

Andonian looked like a focused individual at Mentor this weekend. Kids on that team seemed prepared to live up to the legacy of Ferg. Keep the Crown in NE Ohio as far as I am concerned.

My kid plays Hockey and thankfully Iggy took that title from Eds this century

I assume you're talking about Sean Collins. I remember watching that match. Collins and Hightower had a hell of a match at Junior Olympics the summer before. Come to think of it I wrestled him there as well. Collins won the match at JOs probably giving Hightower a little fuel for that finals matchup.
Old 03-05-19, 10:55 AM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Projected making it to the finals
Lasalle has 106-113-120-195
Ed's has 138-145-152-160-220
Who projected 5 Lasalle champs?
Who projects Eds to win 160 or 220? Not Buckman or Borofan.
Old 03-05-19, 11:25 AM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=eliwes;7269259

Ed's won many state titles with their secondary wrestlers .[/QUOTE]

Wow, very weak district? Someone's bitter.
Old 03-05-19, 11:46 AM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
I think eds is second at 106, 126, 160, 182, and 220. and Champs at 138, 145, 152. X factors are 113, 120, and 132. I am confident in an Eds victory but LaSale can absolutely win this thing. I am probably higher on our chances at 106, 126, and 220 than others.
Old 03-05-19, 12:16 PM
Junior Varsity

CBHS.net is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Who projects Eds to win 160 or 220? Not Buckman or Borofan.
Me! @ 160
Old 03-05-19, 01:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Gobucks17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I think eds is second at 106, 126, 160, 182, and 220. and Champs at 138, 145, 152. X factors are 113, 120, and 132. I am confident in an Eds victory but LaSale can absolutely win this thing. I am probably higher on our chances at 106, 126, and 220 than others.
Are you actually saying that you think Edís is going to put 8 in the finals? I could be reading this wrong.
Old 03-05-19, 01:24 PM
All District

WGTJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Going into districts, here is some perspective for him. Instead of just proclaiming stuff (weak), I did some actual analysis. Taking Boro's rankings and averaging the top 6 ranked guys in each district here is what I came up with:

KF district ranked number 1 in 6 weight classes, number 2 in 5, number 3 in 3 and last in none.

ME ranked number 1 in 4, number 2 in 3, number 3 in 5 and last in 2.

NCH ranked number 1 in 3, number 2 in 4, number 3 in 5 and last in 2.

HD ranked number 1 in 1, number 2 in 2, number 3 in 1, and last in 10.

I would argue based on these numbers not only was KF not a weak district, it has a strong argument for being the toughest district.

Some other numbers to ponder - KF had a top 4 ranked wrestler in 10 of 14 weight classes, ME had one in 11, NCH had one in 10, and HD had one in 7. So, KF is right in line with ME and NCH as far as first place finishers deserving those spots.

KF had 2 weight classes where the top 6 ranked wrestlers were all in the top 16 of the rankings. ME had 3 instances of this and NCH had 4. HD had 1.

Given the above, I have no idea how anyone could say that KF was a "very weak" district. I'd argue the exact opposite - very tough district.

*This analysis did not take into account where the ranked wrestlers finished and didn't take into account guys who were not at districts becausde of injury, sickness, etc.
Old 03-05-19, 01:27 PM
All District

Natination13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Weak district based on what? Lasalle more than likely would have got the same kids 11 kids to state had they went to the Mentor district and I don't know that Ed's gets 12 out of KF district. Ed's probably get 10 or 11 out, if the teams switched districts. Regardless it should be fun to watch this weekend.
Old 03-05-19, 01:32 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
fun indeed, competition individually and team wise!!
Old 03-05-19, 02:46 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What years were those many titles won? What secondary wrestlers?
Old 03-05-19, 03:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
What years were those many titles won? What secondary wrestlers?
Watching eds win 34 state titles there are too many wrestlers to mention. In fact one of their secondary wrestlers was instrumental in help winning the state dual title this year.
Old 03-05-19, 06:16 PM
All Region

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGTJ View Post
Going into districts, here is some perspective for him. Instead of just proclaiming stuff (weak), I did some actual analysis. Taking Boro's rankings and averaging the top 6 ranked guys in each district here is what I came up with:

KF district ranked number 1 in 6 weight classes, number 2 in 5, number 3 in 3 and last in none.

ME ranked number 1 in 4, number 2 in 3, number 3 in 5 and last in 2.

NCH ranked number 1 in 3, number 2 in 4, number 3 in 5 and last in 2.

HD ranked number 1 in 1, number 2 in 2, number 3 in 1, and last in 10.

I would argue based on these numbers not only was KF not a weak district, it has a strong argument for being the toughest district.

Some other numbers to ponder - KF had a top 4 ranked wrestler in 10 of 14 weight classes, ME had one in 11, NCH had one in 10, and HD had one in 7. So, KF is right in line with ME and NCH as far as first place finishers deserving those spots.

KF had 2 weight classes where the top 6 ranked wrestlers were all in the top 16 of the rankings. ME had 3 instances of this and NCH had 4. HD had 1.

Given the above, I have no idea how anyone could say that KF was a "very weak" district. I'd argue the exact opposite - very tough district.

*This analysis did not take into account where the ranked wrestlers finished and didn't take into account guys who were not at districts becausde of injury, sickness, etc.

Quit bringing facts into this thread lol. I watched a lot of the district matches at Kettering and the last thing I would say was it was weak. Quite the opposite really.
Old 03-05-19, 07:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Gobucks17 is on a distinguished road
So is this thread going to stall out or are we gonna see some predictions from people not named bucksman or borofan
Old 03-05-19, 08:39 PM
All World

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucks17 View Post
So is this thread going to stall out or are we gonna see some predictions from people not named bucksman or borofan
I got Kharchla at 170
Old 03-05-19, 08:58 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Watching eds win 34 state titles there are too many wrestlers to mention. In fact one of their secondary wrestlers was instrumental in help winning the state dual title this year.
I've been tuned into STED since '84'.

One "secondary" wrestler this year. Who was that?
Over 34 yrs you must have at least a few more and what years?
Old 03-05-19, 10:48 PM
Freshman

EastsideCat is on a distinguished road
Secondary

Don't know the criteria to consider secondary, but a name that only qualified for states once and won it might fit. Nick Marcellino 189 1st 2005

For conversation sake.

Yes, Sean Collins, approaching 50 and a lot has happened in that span to get all the details exactly right. That was the DT era and D2 and 3 wrestling had a ton of firepower as well.
Old 03-05-19, 11:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan33 View Post
I got Kharchla at 170
Get out there 😊
Old 03-06-19, 07:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucks17 View Post
106-Skinner -
113-Norris - his Practice partners have him ready for Agin
120-Byrd - Don't count Canitano out
126-Carmany - Another dog fight with Shawver
132-Burnett- Ward is on a roll
138-Baughman - Hepner better bring his A game to win this one
145-Andonian
152-Dover - Voinovich will give Dover all he can handle
160-Brady - Gallagher will be no easy task for Brady
170-Kharchia
182-Wokojance
195-Baker - watch out for freshman sensation Shumate
220-Bever - Bever had to come back in the last seconds to beat Omally
hvy-Padilla
Skinner-Andonian-Kharchia-Wokojance-Padilla will win titles.

OW-Andonian -Pinned everyone he wrestled in sectional, districts and could do it at state.
Old 03-06-19, 09:07 AM
All District

galewrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan33 View Post
I got Kharchla at 170
WOHHH, take it easy now. You don't want to go that far out on a limb on your first prediction!!!! Next thing you know you may predict Bo Nickal to win a NCAA title!!
Old 03-06-19, 09:58 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OW-Andonian -Pinned everyone he wrestled in sectional, districts and could do it at state.
As a freshman he pinned his way through districts and state. Not sure about sectionals but he prob did that as well.