Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-19, 08:50 AM
Freshman

fireflyer7051 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
I would look at the match ups more than anything else when judging a dual. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good way to judge the matchups other than looking at a base line of items and making a gut decision. If there was a better way, Josh Lowe would be as good as Brankman when predicting the state tournament. Only Brankman knows that formula and it will never be revealed.

Scoring at the state tournament and individual tournaments is much different than dual scoring. As someone mentioned earlier, Monroeville won a team title with 4 kids. Their dual team would have struggled to make it out of the opening round of the regional dual. Comparing the two isn't comparable.

It's been over a month since that event ended and complaining about the seeding of 2-3 closely matched teams is beyond silly at this point. It wasn't like Genoa wrestled Rootstown/Milan/Versailles in the opening round of the 3 round event. The football forum doesn't cry this much over the semi-final pairings for their tournament.
Funny you asked about examples of how criteria wasnít followed. I clearly illiuatrated the point with indisputable fact about how is wasnít, just as you asked, and this is your response? If you donít want to hear facts then donít ask for them.
Old 03-14-19, 10:12 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer7051 View Post
Funny you asked about examples of how criteria wasn’t followed. I clearly illiuatrated the point with indisputable fact about how is wasn’t, just as you asked, and this is your response? If you don’t want to hear facts then don’t ask for them.
Without a clear and valued criteria system it's almost impossible to prove it wasn't followed. The only way is if every single criteria was achieved. You've stated a couple criteria, but not all. I doubt you'll be able to provide all, because a couple of those criteria you listed are vague, probably on purpose too.

What if the most important criteria was number of district qualifiers. Dual record? Regular season success. (Individual Tournament? Dual Tournament? Pool? Combined? What does that mean exactly?)

Without the criteria saying, this is first priority, 2nd, 3rd, etc... and being more clear than regular season success, it's all a baseline to be examined however the individual or committee wants. If I say regular season success is my most important criteria, then determine that team A has had more success than team B, despite team B having more state placers, tell me how I didn't follow the criteria. Additionally, why isn't H2H dual a listed criteria? Does that fall under the regular season success category?

It's also been pointed out that the criteria you've listed, might not be the criteria used at the state level. https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/W...ourneyRegs.pdf
This only discusses the criteria used for the regional level. Nothing states what the criteria is at the state level. Without knowing that criteria, you can't prove they didn't follow criteria.

You stated how you believe, but can't prove, that it wasn't followed. That's all anyone has done on here.
Old 03-14-19, 12:11 PM
Freshman

fireflyer7051 is on a distinguished road
1 more time for all the slow people, pay attention eyes are burning
1. That’s what we are saying there needs to be a better concrete process
2. If it doesn’t get fixed it will happen again
3. We were tied or better in all the criteria posted, substantially in most of them
Dual meet? Tourney finish only 2 - maybe someone for ver can enlighten us
You keep comparing Rootstown to Monroville
Not sure why we had 7 returning district kids with 2 new ones out of arguably the toughest sectional in the state, which by the way Rootstown won.

Rootstown was 15-1
3rd at Dies
3rd at Kenston
3rd at Hephner
1st PTC
1st Sectionals
1st Districts
2nd State
Again show me where Versailles was better?

The point of all this is to fix it for the future. It happened to Rootstown this year, Edison in the past and it will happen again to others until OHSAA uses their criteria or publishes other criteria that’s actually followed.
Old 03-14-19, 12:19 PM
Freshman

Gamewrestler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
I would look at the match ups more than anything else when judging a dual. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good way to judge the matchups other than looking at a base line of items and making a gut decision. If there was a better way, Josh Lowe would be as good as Brankman when predicting the state tournament. Only Brankman knows that formula and it will never be revealed.

Scoring at the state tournament and individual tournaments is much different than dual scoring. As someone mentioned earlier, Monroeville won a team title with 4 kids. Their dual team would have struggled to make it out of the opening round of the regional dual. Comparing the two isn't comparable.

It's been over a month since that event ended and complaining about the seeding of 2-3 closely matched teams is beyond silly at this point. It wasn't like Genoa wrestled Rootstown/Milan/Versailles in the opening round of the 3 round event. The football forum doesn't cry this much over the semi-final pairings for their tournament.

Iím a mog fan but Rootstownís kids got screwed out of a runner up 🏆. Thatís the bottom line. Itís a picture going around of the aurora coach holding both runner up rocks.
Old 03-14-19, 12:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamewrestler View Post
I’m a mog fan but Rootstown’s kids got screwed out of a runner up ��. That’s the bottom line. It’s a picture going around of the aurora coach holding both runner up rocks.
Does Rootstown beat Edison? Are we sure?

The seeds almost went completely chalk. Tough to complain when D1/D2/D3 all got 1 v 2 in the finals. D1 Semi was the only instance where the 4 lost to the 5. You guys are crying worse than the football forum when state semi pairings are released. I thought this was wrestling?

Last edited by eyes r burning; 03-14-19 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-14-19, 12:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer7051 View Post
The point of all this is to fix it for the future. It happened to Rootstown this year, Edison in the past and it will happen again to others until OHSAA uses their criteria or publishes other criteria thatís actually followed.
Awesome. We agree that the seeding system needs tweaked.

It's still not a factual statement, and one that can be proven with the information given and provided, that they did not follow the criteria. You have no clue at all if the criteria is the same as regionals and no idea what the value of each criteria is.