Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-15-19, 02:49 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
#5 Centerville 70 #3 Mount Notre Dame 56

Dayton Daily News

Centerville girls basketball went on the road and defeated the number three team in the state Mt. Notre Dame 70-56.

Sam Chable of Centerville led the way with 17 points and teammate Amy Velasco added 14.

Alexis Hutchison tallied 13 and Kenzie Smith tacked on 10.

Centerville, ranked No. five in last weeks state poll, improved to 14-1.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-19, 06:33 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
This is a very good win for the girls program. It will be interesting to see how they do in the tournament this year.
Old 01-16-19, 10:16 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Although not worth much, but the latest girls AP rankings are out. After the win, Centerville remains number 5 while Cin. Mt. Notre Dame moves down one spot to number 4.

Centerville did post another victory tonight vs Lebanon by a score of 64-43.
Old 01-17-19, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Centerville looks to be the slight favorite in SWO to advance to C-bus.
Old 01-18-19, 02:35 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
Although not worth much, but the latest girls AP rankings are out. After the win, Centerville remains number 5 while Cin. Mt. Notre Dame moves down one spot to number 4.

You spank a higher ranked team by 14 and they only move down one spot is ridiculous.
Old 01-26-19, 09:59 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post

My guess....the voting for the rankings occurred before the game. In the most recent poll, Centerville is at #3 and Mt. Notre Dame is at #7.
Old 02-02-19, 10:37 PM
Freshman

fairmont93 is on a distinguished road
Do you centerville fans think you have a shot at state this year? Fairmont was up 10 tonight the entire game...and if our coach would learn what man to man defense was the way to go.... you have 2 good players...also #23 with one of the dirtiest plays I have seen all year..video shows her grab our starting point guards hair...possible broken neck...
Old 02-03-19, 09:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont93 View Post
Do you centerville fans think you have a shot at state this year? Fairmont was up 10 tonight the entire game...and if our coach would learn what man to man defense was the way to go.... you have 2 good players...also #23 with one of the dirtiest plays I have seen all year..video shows her grab our starting point guards hair...possible broken neck...
Not State, but I do think they can compete at Regionals. The Elks lack size in the paint, are too dependent on the 3pointer, and Priefer is not a big game coach. If #23 gets in foul trouble, the party is over. Fairmont would have won by 20 if they kept feeding Westbeld the ball in the paint.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 02-04-19 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-03-19, 05:11 PM
Freshman

fairmont93 is on a distinguished road
Could not agree more.....
Old 02-03-19, 05:21 PM
Varsity

ButlerCountyHoops123 is on a distinguished road
Westbeld is the real deal. What colleges have offered her? Has she narrowed any of those schools down?
Old 02-06-19, 09:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Elks will have a pretty tough road this year. They will have to beat Springboro in the sectional finals who they only beat by 2 in the regular season. Elks will face Lakota West in the District's first game. Fishman will likely out-coach Priefer, and LW has some bigs that will give the Elks a problem in the paint. If the Elks survive both games, they will probably face Wayne in the District finals who they only beat by 6 at home. We have 3 tough games to make it to the Regionals. It will be interesting to see how our 2 best players Sophomore Velasco and Frosh McMahon handle the high pressure games.
Old 02-06-19, 11:33 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Not State, but I do think they can compete at Regionals. The Elks lack size in the paint, are too dependent on the 3pointer, and Priefer is not a big game coach. If #23 gets in foul trouble, the party is over. Fairmont would have won by 20 if they kept feeding Westbeld the ball in the paint.
I have only seen one boy post up and seriously want the ball as well as Westbeld did that night and I go to watch a lot of different teams.
Old 02-11-19, 08:50 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I saw that Wayne beat the Elks by 24 at home. This score proves my point of concern. If they are not shooting well from 3pt line, they are very beatable. Based on the draw, I don't see the Elks beating Boro, Lakota West, & Wayne to make it to regionals.
Old 03-09-19, 08:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
21 point swing in the loss to MND today. Elks lack of size and poor shooting from 3pt line, not to mention lack of game adjustments by Priefer, cost the Elks a trip to the state Final 4.
Congratulations on a great season as they over-achieved. McMahon and Velasco will keep the Elks in contention the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 03-10-19 at 10:26 AM.