Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-18, 10:36 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Is Velazquez still playing defense also?
Yes. The dude is a stud. He also does kick and punt returns. Might also have been the waterboy. Seems to be well conditioned. Didn't see him visibly get winded during the game the way that some of his linemen were. Hartley did wear down the team as the game progressed. Expecting Winton Woods to do the same to a greater degree. Just stack 8-9 guys in the box, blitz every down, and dare them to throw.
Old 10-16-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Grace is big time. I watch him closely and he is serious. I cant understand how he didnt start in the secondary last season. But the biggest surprise to me is #11 CB Tyquan Fleming. Hes out there on an island going to battle. I knew these guys were waiting in the wings but i didnt realize just how hungry and talented they were. There are still a couple of young men coming up that will be special.

As far as the recievers, they are a scary group. I knew #5 Brown was good because he showed flashes last season. He has made receptions in every game and he beat two defenders on his TD at Elder. A lot of posters were talking about how Elder only needed to contain Williams to win and we all knew if a team sells out to contain #28, our skill guys are going to hurt you. #12 BJ Bryant exploded on Bishop Chatard. As far as Prince goes, I think he tries to do a bit too much when he gets his hands on the ball. Gotta be patient and let the game come to you.
Agreed. Another thing with Prince is teams are paying special attention to him! They don't ever punt his way anymore
Old 10-16-18, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I knew about Grace coming in as Freshman. The thing with him was maturing and deciding to do the right things to be able to play. He has come full circle. He is committed to being a very good student also.
Yea. I knew he had a couple of D1 offers in the 8th grade. So his issue was maturing off the field. Is there now a pipeline from Winton Woods to UK? C/O 19 Tank Booker, C/O 20 Williams and Grace, C/O 21 Bam Booker could all end up there.
Old 10-16-18, 11:13 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Yes much rather play Granville or Bellbrook
A little off topic, but I dont think I'd be hoping to play Granville. They wont be like Granville teams from year's past where they get to the playoffs and roll over. Buttermore already has them playing much better football, much more physical than what they used to. I think they will compete in Region 11.
Old 10-16-18, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Yes. The dude is a stud. He also does kick and punt returns. Might also have been the waterboy. Seems to be well conditioned. Didn't see him visibly get winded during the game the way that some of his linemen were. Hartley did wear down the team as the game progressed. Expecting Winton Woods to do the same to a greater degree. Just stack 8-9 guys in the box, blitz every down, and dare them to throw.
Are some of the lineman playing both ways?
Old 10-16-18, 12:57 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDAWGS32 View Post
A little off topic, but I dont think I'd be hoping to play Granville. They wont be like Granville teams from year's past where they get to the playoffs and roll over. Buttermore already has them playing much better football, much more physical than what they used to. I think they will compete in Region 11.
Funny joke
Old 10-16-18, 04:23 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Olentangy transfer OL/DL Rodas Johnson is likely out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the Hartley game on 10/12. Westerville North transfer quarterback Reno Godfrey is out for the season with a broken ankle suffered in the Covington Catholic game on 09/21. Olentangy transfer SS/RB Joey Velazquez is quarterbacking the team. Olentangy transfer QB Cole Silvestri was a senior last season.
Uh, sounds like Transfer High North, against Transfer High South.
Old 10-17-18, 10:29 AM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea. I knew he had a couple of D1 offers in the 8th grade. So his issue was maturing off the field. Is there now a pipeline from Winton Woods to UK? C/O 19 Tank Booker, C/O 20 Williams and Grace, C/O 21 Bam Booker could all end up there.
It could happen, especially if they look at how well Mike Edwards and Chris Oats are doing down there. Edwards is going to be high draft pick and Oats will be an All SEC performer before he is done and a future NFL player. It was good to see Oats joining Edwards in the starting lineup at Texas A&M and I look for him to get quality reps the rest of the year.
Old 10-17-18, 01:41 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are some of the lineman playing both ways?
Yes. For sure, Doyle(57), Potts(62), and Karras(13) do. Not sure about Froehlich (54), but I think so. You'll hear a lot of the same names all game on both sides of the ball. You guys will wear them down. Hilleary (1) plays WR & DB. He's very quick. Great athlete. Robinson(4) is as well. Lots of good, multi-sport players. Since their last state football title in 1998, they've won two baseball titles, four soccer, and one lacrosse (Hilleary will be playing that sport at tOSU).
Old 10-17-18, 01:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes. For sure, Doyle(57), Potts(62), and Karras(13) do. Not sure about Froehlich (54), but I think so. You'll hear a lot of the same names all game on both sides of the ball. You guys will wear them down. Hilleary (1) plays WR & DB. He's very quick. Great athlete. Robinson(4) is as well. Lots of good, multi-sport players. Since their last state football title in 1998, they've won two baseball titles, four soccer, and one lacrosse (Hilleary will be playing that sport at tOSU).
Linemen playing both ways could be problematic for the Stallions. Winton Woods arent playing guys both ways and rotating 6/7 on the dline alone.

I still think its going to be closer than the experts think. Very close.
Old 10-19-18, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Looking foward to seeing your guys play! Hilleary must be an outstanding athlete.
Old 10-19-18, 02:45 PM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Columbus Desales at Cincy Winton Woods

UC Bearcat Head Coach Luke Fickell is a DeSales Grad.

Many wouldn't know but he is one the greatest HS wrestlers in Ohio high school history.

3 time State Champion.....I think two at Heavyweight Divison.

Dominated

Last edited by Over The Hills; 10-19-18 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-19-18, 02:47 PM
All American

Really want to see WW QB take it the next level tonight.

Can we mix in a Jet sweep with all these awesome receivers?!!!!

If the defense can continue to shut down the big play look out D2.

Go Warriors.
Old 10-19-18, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post

Go Warriors.
No please. No jet sweeps.
Old 10-19-18, 03:53 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post

Go Warriors.
The Jet Sweep at WW rarely goes well.
Old 10-19-18, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Same with the bubble screen. Just run north and south and throw downfield.
Old 10-19-18, 04:20 PM
All American

Quote:
No please. No jet sweeps.

Lol.

Im not complaining but just more hoping WW can get the ball in their hands more however they need to do it.
More touches in whatever form.

I said last year with Williams and the surrounding talent if their ever was a Pistol Jet series group of players here they are.

Go Warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-18, 04:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post

Needs to be understood and taught properly.
They teach what they know which is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-18, 04:28 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Same with the bubble screen. Just run north and south and throw downfield.
Uh just give the ball to Williams and get out of the way.
Old 10-20-18, 07:13 AM
Freshman

WWWarrior is on a distinguished road
MiChale Wingfield threw just seven passes Friday evening but three of them went for touchdowns as Winton Woods extended its winning streak to eight-straight games.

Wingfield ended with 103 passing yards with two of his two touchdowns going to Rashaun Brown. Raequan Prince had the other touchdown pass; a 50-yard strike with 6:19 to go in third quarter to put the Warriors up for good.

Miyan Williams continued to dominate. The junior running back carried the balls 25 times for 291 yards (11.6 yards per carry) and a touchdown.

Winton Woods 7 7 7 7 — 28

St. Francis De Sales 7 7 0 0 — 14

SFD-Quinn 21 run (Tawiah kick)

WW-Brown 9 pss from Wingfield (Velasquez kick)

WW-Brown 12 pass from Wingfield (Velasquez kick)

SFD-Sciarroni 5 pass from Sciarroni (Sciarroni kick)

WW-Prince 50 pass from Wingfield (Velasquez kick)

WW-Williams 30 run (Velasquez kick)

Records: WW 8-1, SFD 5-4.
Old 10-20-18, 07:41 AM
All American

You guys at the game.....any input on this one?

Gonna watch it on you tube later this week...
Old 10-20-18, 07:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Steelers24 is on a distinguished road
I thought it was a great game! The Williams kid is the real deal! Looks like Desales may sneak into the playoffs and I don’t think any team is going to be excited about seeing them.
Old 10-20-18, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

The refs tried to keep Desalles in the game. Thats what officials do. The DeSalles first TD was aided by a pass interference call on a 4th and 10. It was good coverage. But the warriors left a lot of points on the field. Two missed FG (the wind was rough), too many flat out dropped passes. The Warriors pitched the shutout in the 2nd half. The Desalles QB was out but #9 is a good football player. He was just asked to do too much. And DeSalles running game was just like Elders. DeSalles had a few very fast guys, that made some tackles out of no where. DeSalles blitz every play in an effort to stop Williams. Williams still finished with around 300 yards rushing. Williams is so powerful its ridiculous. Raequan Prince was explosive too. If he has the ball in your secondary its going to be 6. He put a abusive move on a DeSalle safety last night. RaShawn Brown had two TD receptions last night. Thats 3 over the past 2 games. I think some early designed runs for Wingfield would be effective and get him going. I wasnt too happy with the dline. That were not as dominate as they can be. They did pick it up in the 2nd half. I think our defense has too much react and not enough attack.
Old 10-20-18, 08:40 AM
Junior Varsity

Steelers24 is on a distinguished road
I thought both teams were helped by the refs. Two of WW td’s drives were helped out with face mask calls both were the right call as was the PI on WW was. I think the drop passes hurt both teams as Desales dropped several potential big play balls. The turning point of the game was Desales not capitalizing on the second half kickoff fumble.
Old 10-20-18, 09:09 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Great win for the Warriors now we are on our way the GCL South championship vs. Moe
Old 10-20-18, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers24 View Post
I thought both teams were helped by the refs. Two of WW tdís drives were helped out with face mask calls both were the right call as was the PI on WW was. I think the drop passes hurt both teams as Desales dropped several potential big play balls. The turning point of the game was Desales not capitalizing on the second half kickoff fumble.
That fumble was in the middle of the field. I didnt think DeSalles would be able to score in the 2nd half without a Winton Woods mishap. And I felt that DeSalles would not be able to keep Winton Woods from scoring without Winton Woods mishaps. DeSalles would make a big stop for a loss on one play the very next play the Warriors are moving the chains. The weather helped both defenses.
Old 10-20-18, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The refs tried to keep Desalles in the game. Thats what officials do. The DeSalles first TD was aided by a pass interference call on a 4th and 10. It was good coverage. But the warriors left a lot of points on the field. Two missed FG (the wind was rough), too many flat out dropped passes. The Warriors pitched the shutout in the 2nd half. The Desalles QB was out but #9 is a good football player. He was just asked to do too much. And DeSalles running game was just like Elders. DeSalles had a few very fast guys, that made some tackles out of no where. DeSalles blitz every play in an effort to stop Williams. Williams still finished with around 300 yards rushing. Williams is so powerful its ridiculous. Raequan Prince was explosive too. If he has the ball in your secondary its going to be 6. He put a abusive move on a DeSalle safety last night. RaShawn Brown had two TD receptions last night. Thats 3 over the past 2 games. I think some early designed runs for Wingfield would be effective and get him going. I wasnt too happy with the dline. That were not as dominate as they can be. They did pick it up in the 2nd half. I think our defense has too much react and not enough attack.

I thiught it was a solid win Didn't think WW hit all cylinders. It was business as usual. I agree with your observations. What did think about the roughing the punter call? I thought it was B.S. as the WW defender blocked part of the ball. SMH. What were the refs conferencing about?
Old 10-20-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Iím calling it now. Winston Woulds will lose in the first round to Olentangy
Old 10-20-18, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Iím calling it now. Winston Woulds will lose in the first round to Olentangy
Old 10-20-18, 01:52 PM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
What did think about the roughing the punter call? I thought it was B.S. as the WW defender blocked part of the ball. SMH. What were the refs conferencing about?
Maybe they were talking about whether or not the contact was avoidable.

Under NFHS Rules a defender can be guilty of roughing the kicker even he or any other teammate blocks or partially blocks a scrimmage kick.

If the contact was deemed avoidable, then a foul has occurred.