Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-28-18, 05:32 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
[QUOTE=F. Ziffel;7096088]Heard a couple of years ago that Edgewood was going to schedule Valley View. Must of been a rumor. Seeing the Cougars playing 6 Div 3 schools this year could hurt them again this year. Monroe and Ross going 2-18 combined killed Edgewood last year in making the playoffs. like to see them play their old MML foes from Dayton again Carroll, Uh you have to play your league schedule or there is no league. Uh Edgewood did not make the playoffs last season, because Harrison beat the Indiana state champions in D2, huge Harbin Points, even though Edgewood smoked Harrison and won the SWOC championship.
Old 08-28-18, 06:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Agree Ross field is bad. Guess they will just keep on being the academic standard for public schools in Butler county. Unfortunately due to work commitments I can not attend game son Friday but would love to see that EC Harrison game. Word is EC is weak on the defensive side of the ball. That should play right into Harrison’s hand. With that being said. Never count out a rival. Think Harrison wins this one by 10
Uh, don't know how you measure the " academic standard for public schools in Butler county." Uh think both Lakotas and Talawanda might have a little bit to say about that.
Old 08-29-18, 08:09 AM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, don't know how you measure the " academic standard for public schools in Butler county." Uh think both Lakotas and Talawanda might have a little bit to say about that.
Talawanda? laughable.
Old 08-29-18, 11:17 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood-Franklin

Week 1 shutout hasn't dampened Franklin's spirit ... trip to Edgewood next

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...FawQWemUnpSeN/
Old 08-29-18, 06:04 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
I will take the barn press box over the trailer on stilts in Trenton. Just saying but I will agree...cant make this stuff up.

And since when is mud during a football game a bad thing. You sound like a spread offense kinda guy. You sure you are not actually Chip Kelly or a millennial that doesn't like to get dirty??
Uh a turf field is ten times better than a grass field full stop. Uh don't know if you have ever tried to get in the Ross pressbox, but it is a joke. Uh in fact one prominent Butler county radio station said no more, we wont broadcast from Ross. Uh only trailers I have seen is on my way to Robinson Field.

Last edited by hoser; 08-30-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-30-18, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uh a turf field is ten times better than a grass field full stop. Uh don't know if you have ever tried to get in the Ross pressbox, but it is a joke. Uh in fact one prominent Butler county radio station said no more, we wont broadcast from Ross. Uh only trailers I have seen is on my to Robinson Field.
I will take grass over turf every day. The fact that everyone whines about it makes me like it even more. I am in the pressbox every week. As part of my janitorial duties I have to shovel the stalls. Guess this old farmer just loves going in the barn. Much more comfy than that trailer on stilts in Trenton.

Butler County has a prominent radio station? If you are talking about moh I think you are being too kind. That is like saying the Journal is a quality paper and Cassano is an unbiased reporter that doesnt have a crush on badin
Old 08-30-18, 09:12 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Have heard rumblings about one of the major health networks sports medicine wanting to foot the bill for some serious athletic facility upgrades at Ross in exchange for naming rights etc. Any truth to this? The name I heard was Mercy Health. I'd think the grass field at Ross would hold up pretty well since their soccer teams have a separate facility? Or is it not properly maintained?
Old 08-30-18, 02:22 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I will take grass over turf every day. The fact that everyone whines about it makes me like it even more. I am in the pressbox every week. As part of my janitorial duties I have to shovel the stalls. Guess this old farmer just loves going in the barn. Much more comfy than that trailer on stilts in Trenton.

Butler County has a prominent radio station? If you are talking about moh I think you are being too kind. That is like saying the Journal is a quality paper and Cassano is an unbiased reporter that doesnt have a crush on badin
Uh can you name another Butler county radio station? Uh agree about Cassano graduated from Badin, drank the Kool-Aid and cant let it go.
Old 08-30-18, 02:47 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Have heard rumblings about one of the major health networks sports medicine wanting to foot the bill for some serious athletic facility upgrades at Ross in exchange for naming rights etc. Any truth to this? The name I heard was Mercy Health. I'd think the grass field at Ross would hold up pretty well since their soccer teams have a separate facility? Or is it not properly maintained?
Uh, cant say but every year we go over there, the middle of the field from 35 to 35, is mud.
Old 08-30-18, 06:30 PM
Freshman

Wiilldcat is on a distinguished road
The Swoc is as solid as its been since '13 '14 seasons when mth was a top ten d2 team and the Jake weber led Harrison teams battled it out. Northwest was loaded then too. Harrison is really good overall, maybe the best team since doss was at Qb. Edge is a great program tbis year will be no different. Interesting seeing mth run the triple didn't see that coming. If they get hot and can cut down the dumb penalties the final 3 weeks of the season are going to be wild. If harrison stays healthy and picks up a big win this week I think they have a shot at 10-0. Just my biased opinion.
Old 08-30-18, 07:25 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiilldcat View Post
The Swoc is as solid as its been since '13 '14 seasons when mth was a top ten d2 team and the Jake weber led Harrison teams battled it out. Northwest was loaded then too. Harrison is really good overall, maybe the best team since doss was at Qb. Edge is a great program tbis year will be no different. Interesting seeing mth run the triple didn't see that coming. If they get hot and can cut down the dumb penalties the final 3 weeks of the season are going to be wild. If harrison stays healthy and picks up a big win this week I think they have a shot at 10-0. Just my biased opinion.
I see Harrison 8-2 with 2 losses coming from EC, Edge or Anderson. Harrison is missing a few pieces from being great, a running back, OT, Safe and NG. They are still very solid and can compete at a high level. I don't like the match up with EC this year bc I think EC will be able to run up the middle and run clock. Offence is going to score but will Harrison be able to keep up. I think its going to be a wild high scoring game.
Old 08-31-18, 01:53 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
See 4 swoc teams winning week 2
LM
Harrison
Wanda
Edgewood
Old 09-01-18, 12:20 AM
All American

Edgewood-Franklin

One quarter remains as Edgewood leads Franklin in suspended game

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...C3YExm6VvQTNJ/
Old 09-01-18, 02:45 PM
All Region

Harrison was completely exposed in the East Central game. They were out coached on both sides of the ball. Harrison over analyzed EC and completely screwed the pooch and couldn't make the right adjustments. Its was tough to watch and created a perfect road map for other teams. After tonight I see Harrison going 6-4 losing to Edgewood, Anderson and Mt Healthy.
Old 09-01-18, 10:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Harrison was completely exposed in the East Central game. They were out coached on both sides of the ball. Harrison over analyzed EC and completely screwed the pooch and couldn't make the right adjustments. Its was tough to watch and created a perfect road map for other teams. After tonight I see Harrison going 6-4 losing to Edgewood, Anderson and Mt Healthy.
Having not seen the game can you provide more detail?
Old 09-01-18, 10:21 PM
All American

Edgewood-Franklin

Edgewood completes conquest of Franklin, off to 2-0 start

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...fqya9tk3YaowJ/
Old 09-01-18, 11:13 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a hard fight game but Edgewood being who they are prevailed.
Old 09-02-18, 12:21 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Sounds like a hard fight game but Edgewood being who they are prevailed.
Uh Edgewood was really lucky to win this game. Two sure touchdown passes dropped by Franklin receivers, 11 penalties 6 of the 15 yard variety, and still won the game. Wade Phillips is a class a running back.Franklin kicker is a real weapon. Hidden yards on kickoffs, way in favor of Franklin.
Old 09-02-18, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Edgewood O-line did much better. TEs and RBs blocked much better. Clean up the secondary and the stupid penalties and they should be ok.
Next week will tell the story better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-18, 10:20 AM
All Region

Quote:
Having not seen the game can you provide more detail?
Congrats to EC, they came out with a completely different offensive set then the first two weeks and caught Harrison off guard. Harrison moved everyone into the box but they move d-lineman to linebackers, offense linemen to d line and had a strong side in preparation for EC's original offensive set. It was two easy for EC, they just looked to see were the strong side was and ran the same play all night for big yards to the weak side. It was like taking candy from a kid. No adjustments seemed to be made. Defensively EC played man with two strong safeties double covering receivers. Harrison QB had no where to throw and would eventually get sacked by linebackers scrambling around. Harrison made no adjustments and continued to try and force the pass as opposed to coming out and just running the ball. It was really hard to watch and there was plenty of simple adjustments that were not made. Day two Harrison went back to their traditional defensive set with and extra linebacker and the run game of EC was slowed and challenged. However, day two of the offense was more of the same. Hopefully, it was a wake up call and Harrison gets back on track with Anderson next week.
Old 09-02-18, 10:20 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Edgewood O-line did much better. TEs and RBs blocked much better. Clean up the secondary and the stupid penalties and they should be ok.
Next week will tell the story better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh agree o-line play much better. Wade Phillips 218 yds rushing and team total of 384 yds rushing,. somebody is blocking. Badin has 7 kids going both ways we need to pound the ball and try to wear them out.Badin has 2 really fast backs outside contain will be very important, Evan Brown and Justin Hiltabrand need to have big games for us.
Old 09-04-18, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

So after 2 weeks in any surprises, opinions changed? For me there is a few. Ross is much better than anticipated, Edgewood could be scary given some of the sloppy areas and still winning decisively. LM better than I thought they would be. Talawanda lots of hype (at least in here) that I am not buying into. Harrison I am a little disappointed in, and MH I think is a year away from being scary good again.
Old 09-04-18, 02:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uh agree o-line play much better. Wade Phillips 218 yds rushing and team total of 384 yds rushing,. somebody is blocking. Badin has 7 kids going both ways we need to pound the ball and try to wear them out.Badin has 2 really fast backs outside contain will be very important, Evan Brown and Justin Hiltabrand need to have big games for us.
Control the edges and you shut down the offense. If you are a football fan the big TE for Badin is a blast to watch on both sides of the ball. Very interested to see how he does in his match up with the E OLBs.
Old 09-04-18, 04:10 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Control the edges and you shut down the offense. If you are a football fan the big TE for Badin is a blast to watch on both sides of the ball. Very interested to see how he does in his match up with the E OLBs.
Uh probably the 2 best kids on Edgewoods defense are Evan Brown and Justin Hiltbrand. Both around 6'3 and 220 lbs and are very quick. Uh Badin has a really good rb transfer from STX who is about 215 lbs, but he is ineligible the first 3 games. This game will be won or lost on the perimeter, if the Badin kids get outside they will win this game.Look out for Badin when the transfer from STX can play. He is a stud.
Old 09-04-18, 04:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
So after 2 weeks in any surprises, opinions changed? For me there is a few. Ross is much better than anticipated, Edgewood could be scary given some of the sloppy areas and still winning decisively. LM better than I thought they would be. Talawanda lots of hype (at least in here) that I am not buying into. Harrison I am a little disappointed in, and MH I think is a year away from being scary good again.
Uh don't know how you came to that conclusion about Healthy. Uh Sophs and Freshmen are l5 total on this squad. Ross did roll Monroe, but don't know how good Monroe is. Edgewood could have scored a l00 on Monroe.LM is better but they have downgraded the competition in their OCC games.Interesting they are using their very fast RB as a wide receiver. Talawandas JR class, have watched them for years, are bad azz. Don't know what will happen but those kids can play. Harrison QB is the real deal. If he gets hot, can beat anyone.League title will probably come down to Edgewood at Harrison game.
Old 09-04-18, 09:09 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Uh, Harrison will not lose to MtHealthy.
Old 09-05-18, 08:21 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
So what are some more thoughts on this week's games? A few East vs. West matchups on the slate:

Harrison-Anderson
Northwest-Withrow
Badin-Edgewood
Little Miami-Goshen
Eaton-Talawanda
Dunbar-Mt. Healthy
Western Brown-Ross

Harrison-Anderson: I think the scoreboard operator at Anderson will be busy all night in this one with lots of points being scored. Whoever has the ball last may well win. Anderson's porous defense catches up with them in week 3 and Harrison rides home with a win 48-45.

Northwest-Withrow: Northwest has had a rough 0-2 start. I think they finally log a win against a Tigers team that will likely go 0-fer on the season. Knights 42-7.

Badin-Edgewood: Expecting a Butler County brawl here. Badin's third game against the SWOC will be their toughest by far. I think the Cougars running game will wear down the two way players for the Rams with a similar score to last year's 28-14 win.

Little Miami-Goshen: Panthers step up the opponent quality this week with a playoff team from last year (who beat Clinton Massie!). Would love to have LM win for SWOC pride and playoff points but I think Goshen takes them by a score 35-28.

Eaton-Talawanda: Eagles have strung many wins over the Braves together and I think that continues Friday night. Eaton 24-13

Dunbar-Mt. Healthy: Mt. Healthy is reeling a bit but gets back on track with a solid 35-6 win.

Western Brown-Ross: The Rams looked dominant against Monroe last week. True, Monroe will not have a stellar year this season but Ross has struggled themselves the past few years. Their belief in the system/themselves should be at an all time high right now. Only lost by a point to the same Broncos last year and I think they corral them this year 35-27.
Old 09-05-18, 11:02 AM
All Ohio

Eaton Talawanda is the one I am most interested in Eaton looks dreadful this year but I think Talawanda is not very good either. If the wacky can blow them out I will admit I was wrong. Ross WB should also tell us if Ross has improved or will it be the same old song and dance. I for one think Ross wins by 10+ and grounds out WB. Can Ross gets stops on D, or better yet can WB string some completions together mixed with timely scrambles?
Old 09-05-18, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Talawanda QB out for the season? If so, could change things for them a lot. He was the statistic leader of the offense.
Old 09-05-18, 02:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Talawanda QB out for the season? If so, could change things for them a lot. He was the statistic leader of the offense.
Terrible news if true. Kid is a player