Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-20-18, 10:51 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I want to say it's too early to say they're out. If it comes down to undefeated Bama, Notre Dame, and Clemson with 1-loss Texas as the Big XII champ, OSU would have a chance assuming they win out.
You can't lose by 30 to a mediocre Purdue and play for a national title.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-18, 10:52 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
You are exhibiting hyperbole in your attempts to paint me as hyperbolic
You just claimed that, based on the view you have from your couch, it is "easy to see" based on "body language" that Urban is "falling apart."

I don't need to do any legwork to make that sound more ridiculous than it is.
Old 10-20-18, 10:55 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
You can't lose by 30 to a mediocre Purdue and play for a national title.
You would think, but consider Texas lost to Maryland. Ohio State would have to beat Maryland to win out and put themselves into consideration.

The PAC 12 doesn't look like it's going to crown a champion with fewer than 2 losses. The only other possibility in this scenario is an undefeated UCF.
Old 10-20-18, 10:58 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Complete dickk move to abandon your teammates.
Debatable. But aside from that, your post made it seem like it was Bosa's fault they lost this game because he left school. You're aware of the injury, yes?
Old 10-21-18, 03:11 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Just like the Iowa game, the playoff committee just won’t be able to get past this game when evaluating Ohio State. Offense has gone too side to side since Urban has come back, and it’s too bad Tennessee’s fans stuck us with Schiano again. He’s had no answers all season, but a ton of 4 and 5 stars to work with.

Purdue's losses were because of bonehead moves by a couple players. Similar to those personal fouls early in the game. They're not really a good team and the QB, not really that good either, from an elite or not perspective but it's all a hard match-up, particularly with that Freshman. As long as the QB finds a receiver before he rattles, they move the ball. And the coach trusts his Offense on any down. Tough match-up, it's a bit like playing Army. You may be superior but you're only going to see that kind of ball once a year, so it's difficult to prepare for.

But it means I think Purdue's ranking is going to go up, they'll continue to win and so won't hurt OSU's play-off chances. But OSU does have some glaring coaching weakness, given the caliber of athlete.
Old 10-21-18, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Just like last year, the committee would probably overlook a road loss by a td score and let them in. Will be hard to ignore a 29 point loss to an average team. Just like Iowa. But like others have said, I think they lose at least another game along the way anyway.
Old 10-21-18, 07:36 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Just like last year, the committee would probably overlook a road loss by a td score and let them in. Will be hard to ignore a 29 point loss to an average team. Just like Iowa. But like others have said, I think they lose at least another game along the way anyway.
I disagree. If OSU wins out from here they would be a 1 loss team vs last year were a 2 loss team.

The only problem I see is that team that played last night losses at least 2 more games. But should they right the ship and get a win over a one loss Michigan ranked in the top 5 when they play, they could play for a conference title vs Purdue, and a nice recovery of a score something like the reverse of last night I think puts them in the top 4.

Currently they don't look like a top 20 team.
Old 10-21-18, 07:38 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Purdue might end up 8-4 or even 9-3. Would this still be considered average?
Old 10-21-18, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
Purdue might end up 8-4 or even 9-3. Would this still be considered average?
They lost to Eastern Michigan. They have talent, but I donít consider them an above average team. But right now, OSU is just average as well. If they win out I will be surprised.
Old 10-21-18, 07:50 AM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I disagree. If OSU wins out from here they would be a 1 loss team vs last year were a 2 loss team.

The only problem I see is that team that played last night losses at least 2 more games. But should they right the ship and get a win over a one loss Michigan ranked in the top 5 when they play, they could play for a conference title vs Purdue, and a nice recovery of a score something like the reverse of last night I think puts them in the top 4.

Currently they don't look like a top 20 team.
Agree with everything.
Itís almost like most OSU teams under Meyer are so intent on Ďimprovingí that they forget they need to win the games.
Are they so intent on Xís And Oís that they have forgotten about motivation?
I havenít really felt the team played motivated since Cardale and Herman.
Old 10-21-18, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They lost to Eastern Michigan. They have talent, but I don’t consider them an above average team. But right now, OSU is just average as well. If they win out I will be surprised.

I thought the coach made a very good explanation: they tried to be conservative. That and some bone headed actions by players cost each of the first three games.

I wouldn't say OSU is even playing THEIR average right now. They have some issues, having competitive games against teams they should be blowing out. Most obvious (whether correct or not) to me was that Purdue's WR were a lot more developed. They weren't relying on raw or developed athletic talent. Their route running put the ball in a catchable place. OSU WR's were reaching opposite their momentum or over their twisted heads.
Old 10-21-18, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Purdue would smash Eastern Michigan now. Over the last month they have played significantly better than they did the first few weeks as a result of opening things up more offensively.

I don't think it matters if Ohio State were to win out. This loss in primetime is going to be fresh in the minds of everyone for the rest of the year. Purdue still has Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin on their schedule, and I don't see them beating all three of those opponents. At the end of the season Ohio State's going to have an unforgivable blowout loss against an unranked 7-5 or 8-4 team, just like last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-18, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

I think that Penn St WIN is also going to be fresh. I think it will count more for, than this loss against particularly if Purdue runs the table.
Old 10-21-18, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

Unfortunately, I don't think that Penn State win will end up counting for much. They've been playing pretty poorly the last couple of weeks, and barely squeaked by Indiana yesterday. The next three weeks they play Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin. Unless they turn things around, I see them dropping a couple in that stretch. For all the hype this year, Franklin's going to end up losing 3-4 regular season games in what should have been the beginning of them becoming "elite" again.

Old 10-21-18, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Ohio stare 9 that laughable, 3 more losses,
Old 10-21-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Tell us how tou really feel, Brian, and remember spellcheck is your friend.
Old 10-21-18, 01:47 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
I think that Penn St WIN is also going to be fresh. I think it will count more for, than this loss against particularly if Purdue runs the table.
I think youíre fooling yourself. Itís not that they lost to a hot team on the road, itís that they got blown out.
Old 10-21-18, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
I think youíre fooling yourself. Itís not that they lost to a hot team on the road, itís that they got blown out.
Not just blown out, but hurricane blown out (and before a national TV audience too boot).
Old 10-21-18, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
You just claimed that, based on the view you have from your couch, it is "easy to see" based on "body language" that Urban is "falling apart."

I don't need to do any legwork to make that sound more ridiculous than it is.
He literally collapsed on the sideline two or three weeks ago
Old 10-21-18, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest

Possibly, but considering I'm a Purdue grad, at least it's not the usual source of self-fooling, lol.

I guess we'll see. With ND and UCF in the mix, maybe it's not apples and apples to previous one-loss years but in this case, there's not going to be another play-off candidtate that clearly beat them head-to-head. A win out and maybe even a solid win over Purdue in the B10 Championship game....
Old 10-21-18, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He literally collapsed on the sideline two or three weeks ago
"I don't want Urban fired, stop exaggerating."

"Urban is literally falling apart and is no longer a great coach."

You're nearing brian levels here.
Old 10-21-18, 03:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Possibly, but considering I'm a Purdue grad, at least it's not the usual source of self-fooling, lol.

I guess we'll see. With ND and UCF in the mix, maybe it's not apples and apples to previous one-loss years but in this case, there's not going to be another play-off candidtate that clearly beat them head-to-head. A win out and maybe even a solid win over Purdue in the B10 Championship game....
UCF is not in the mix. OSU has to win out and hope OK or Texas drop a game before the B12 Championship.
Old 10-21-18, 03:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

He looks like heís aged about 20 yrs in just the last few seasons. The stress does look like itís starting to take a big toll on him.
Old 10-21-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
UCF is not in the mix. OSU has to win out and hope OK or Texas drop a game before the B12 Championship.
I can't see UCF getting a shot unless there are three two loss conference champs. Ohio State needs a lot of hell to break loose in the B12 to have a shot.

At the moment though, they need to improve dramatically over the next few weeks. This is a great time to have a bye week, and after two weeks of practice they get a chance to rebound against a very weak Nebraska team.

Old 10-21-18, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Buckeyes drop to #11 in the AP & 9th in the Coaches.
Old 10-21-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

When does the BCS poll come out?
Old 10-21-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Youíre putting quotes around things that werenít said in order to make your point. I clearly said I never called for Urbanís job in the past, which I didnít. I also said he looks like he is falling apart on the sidelines and that he literally collapsed two weeks ago, which is a fact (I.e. something that happened).

Those are facts. Opinions I now hold are that I wouldnít mind seeing Urban go if he is unwilling to get rid of coaches that are obviously not doing their jobs satisfactorily. Feel free to extrapolate that as you see fit.

Do you still think Harbaugh should be fired? Seems to be looking pretty good now
Old 10-21-18, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You’re putting quotes around things that weren’t said in order to make your point.
Oh?

Quote:
Urban is falling apart.
Quote:
Urban has been an embarrassment on the sidelines all year
Quote:
Even you have to recognize how poorly coached they’ve been for a while now.
Okay Brian Bluth.

Last edited by Neopolitan; 10-21-18 at 05:22 PM..
Old 10-21-18, 05:17 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Trying too hard
Old 10-21-18, 07:05 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
As if I hadn't endured enough pain last night, I just read through the second half posts. LOL Not that they weren't good, it's just that - well, you know...

Boilermakers now 5-3 vs. the Bucks in the last eight games in WL, if I saw the stats correctly. But, by four TDs? OMGoodness!

Back to the drawing board. Get vertical - we've screamed - get vertical!