Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-15-18, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Week 5: The Evil Empire

Moeller (3-1) comes to Ballaban Field this Friday night as the heavy favorite
Old 09-16-18, 07:15 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Moeller (3-1) comes to Ballaban Field this Friday night as the heavy favorite
Take a deep breath ReJect. I've been there. Big Moe may have an advantage on special teams but beyond that, we have our own issues. GBM
Old 09-16-18, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
ReLoad I wouldn't be too worried about Moeller Offensively unless they start letting #17 take more snaps at QB
Old 09-19-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Take a deep breath ReJect. I've been there. Big Moe may have an advantage on special teams but beyond that, we have our own issues. GBM
X special teams needs to get it together and make sure the ball gets to the offense after a stop because Specht doesn't like bringing any of his D's starting 11 out.
Old 09-19-18, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
ReLoad I wouldn't be too worried about Moeller Offensively unless they start letting #17 take more snaps at QB
So this is a game where the superfans (you and me) want #17 and #11 at QB rather than #12 and #10.
Looking forward to finding out.

This week the X offense seems rejuvenated and the plays imaginative.
Starting to see the offense developing an identity based on personnel.

Should have plenty to discuss during and after the game.
It's time to win GCL again.

GO X!!
Old 09-20-18, 05:58 AM
Varsity

Class of 94 is on a distinguished road
I would be stunned if X didn't win this by 3 scores. Special teams needs to be a lot better but this game i don't think it will be a factor. Moe has played no one (Ky teams) and not sure if their offense is any good at all. I think Hudy will play well and X is 1-0 in GCL
Old 09-21-18, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Game moved back to 8:30pm to give X fans an extra hour to tailgate
Old 09-21-18, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

After Hundley INT to Moe 5, offense canít move ball and then miss the chip shot
Old 09-21-18, 08:02 PM
All Yappi

Entire 1st quarter played in Moe territory
Old 09-21-18, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

7-0 X at half. 30 yard INT return
Should be killing these turds
Old 09-21-18, 09:15 PM
All Yappi

7-7 End of 3rd quarter
Old 09-21-18, 10:10 PM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
7-7 End of 3rd quarter
Been a while since your last update ReJect. GBM
Old 09-21-18, 10:33 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class of 94 View Post
I would be stunned if X didn't win this by 3 scores. Special teams needs to be a lot better but this game i don't think it will be a factor. Moe has played no one (Ky teams) and not sure if their offense is any good at all. I think Hudy will play well and X is 1-0 in GCL
My Advice, don't put money on any game in the future. it won't turn out good for you.
Old 09-22-18, 01:02 AM
Freshman

KeX II is on a distinguished road
On the bright side, we did successfully make a PAT.
Old 09-22-18, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
What happened to rerun? Lol.
Old 09-22-18, 10:26 AM
All Region

4GX is on a distinguished road
Cringeworthy

That was one of the more craven displays of "offense" that I've seen (offense is in quotes, because I'm not sure that group last night should be called an offense-- offensive, to X fans, yes-- but an offense, not really)...

As noted previously, having Specht be the offensive coordinator has worked out SO WELL, in the past-- why should we expect it to be any different this time... he's NOT a good offensive coordinator-- and the sooner he recognizes that he needs to go find a gifted one (somewhere else), the quicker his teams' offensive problems will be solved. In the meantime, the X offense has actually regressed from where they were against Colerain, 3 weeks ago-- they looked better then, against Colerain's far better defense than Moeller's, than they did last night.

This game featured all the hits:
1) Huge offensive line with top Division I college recruits-- who can not generate any push (against a much smaller opposing line) for the running game (nor provide much time/protection for the QB in the passing game)...

2) A near non-existent place-kicking threat, such that the only FG X attempted was taken from extra-point range-- and still missed with a pathetic attempt that never even reached the height of the cross-bar... if X had a kicking game like Moeller's, X could have attempted at least 4-5 FGs in the first half-- and would have likely scored at least 6-12 points more than the 7 points (scored by the defense) that they had at halftime-- despite their toothless offense...

3) Inability to get plays called in to the offense in a timely way-- Specht had to rush on to the field to waste another offensive timeout in the first half, to prevent another delay of game penalty-- and then late in the game, down 6 points, when X should be rushing to get to the line, to conserve time on the clock, X huddled up and took from ~4:34 to 4:06 to get to the line of scrimmage and execute a play (which resulted in the interception return for a TD)-- X should have been lining up at the line of scrimmage, and calling the play at the line, running a hurry-up offense, in hopes of catching Moeller's defense with the wrong guys on the field, disorganized, or tired, or at least giving themselves more time to come from behind...those extra 30 seconds would have been nice to have, at the end of the game, on Moeller's last series-- might have gotten the ball back, with 20 seconds left, if X had been more mindful of the clock earlier...

X does not lose this game, up 13-0 or 19-0 at halftime-- not with this X defense. Moeller's offense got their 1st first down, deep in their own half, with 40 seconds to go in the first half-- basically a meaningless first down, as the half was ending-- Moeller's offense was never a threat and was totally dominated by the X defense, which gave X starting field position in Moeller's half of the field 4 or 5 times in that half (not to mention a 7-0 lead).

Moeller's touchdown "drive" consisted of starting on the X 34-yard line (after an X bad snap resulted in punting from inside its own 1-yard line), getting a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty, then driving less than 20 yards for the score (on which the QB jumped the snap, and still needed to be pushed into the end zone from behind-- which is, or at least used to be, against the rules); Moeller's first FG was a 2-yard drive, after recovering a strip fumble by X's QB; and Moeller's last FG did involve one long pass play-- but STILL required Moeller's excellent kicker to convert a 45-yard FG. Oh, and Moeller's last TD was a 50/50 ball that X's alleged best receiver let the Moeller DB wrestle away from him, and then return 60 yards for a score-- with no pursuit from one of X's fastest players-- Moeller's best offense last night was X's offense being on the field.
Old 09-22-18, 11:39 AM
Junior Varsity

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
Both Defenses played great. Both Offenses were not very good and Moeller Special Team play won the game. Better Team won... Move on to next game.
Old 09-22-18, 03:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurymorris22 View Post
Both Defenses played great. Both Offenses were not very good and Moeller Special Team play won the game. Better Team won... Move on to next game.
I will agree that the better team (on the night) won-- but not that the team with better talent won-- and that's what is so disappointing (as an X fan)-- there was a time when X teams coached by Specht regularly outplayed more talented teams (and/or at least got the most out of whatever they had)-- I wouldn't say that about these X teams the last couple of years...
Old 09-22-18, 04:26 PM
Junior Varsity

BigLepowski is on a distinguished road
tough one for X fans.

My only comment to 4GX statements is that I think OC task, or at least play calling, was back with Coach Klotz vs Indy and Moe.

Newman should be back next week, hoping that helps run game.

Need some wins.

Moe made plays when it had too.

Since this is the X thread I'll comment on some X kids, with no disrespect to Moe players intended. Thought Arthur, Hundley and Kiessling played great. Arthur pick for a score, Kiessling had about 15 tackles, Hundley always near the ball. D will need to continue to generate points until offense is figured out.
Old 09-23-18, 10:11 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLepowski View Post
tough one for X fans.

My only comment to 4GX statements is that I think OC task, or at least play calling, was back with Coach Klotz vs Indy and Moe.

Newman should be back next week, hoping that helps run game.

Need some wins.

Moe made plays when it had too.

Since this is the X thread I'll comment on some X kids, with no disrespect to Moe players intended. Thought Arthur, Hundley and Kiessling played great. Arthur pick for a score, Kiessling had about 15 tackles, Hundley always near the ball. D will need to continue to generate points until offense is figured out.
I was told that there was a pass play OC and a run play OC-- and then Specht, as the overall OC, decided on which play to use, from the two proposed by those two sub-OCs-- a strategy that Specht has used before in the past, when he was unhappy with the offensive play calling and execution-- to no good effect, and tremendous disarray and delay in getting plays called... and that is what we saw again Friday night.
Old 09-24-18, 06:57 AM
Junior Varsity

BigLepowski is on a distinguished road
Interesting process on play calling, thanks for the insight. Let's hope it gets better.
Old 09-26-18, 07:34 PM
All World

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Second week in a row of an offensive crap show. What in the hell was that?? Third week in a row actually...I thought we played like crap against Walnut tbh