Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-22-18, 06:37 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Why does this BS excuse keep getting trotted out as a justification for Russia conducting cyber warfare ops here? We do it to other countries so it's okay when they do it to us is one of the most chicken-**** excuses I have heard.

If Russia or another country decides to start hacking voting machines are you just going to shrug your shoulders and say, "oh well, we've stuffed the ballot box in other countries so it's all good"?
Oh so now Russia has gone from buying Facebook ads to hacking voting machines?

There is ZERO evidence that Russia changed a single vote cast on election day. Obviously if proof were shown that Russia had managed to hack the electronic voting booths and changed votes it would be a HUGE deal and the finger of blame should then be pointed squarely at Obama on whose watch it would have occurred. But like I said there is ZERO evidence this happened.
Old 07-22-18, 11:07 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Why does this BS excuse keep getting trotted out as a justification for Russia conducting cyber warfare ops here? We do it to other countries so it's okay when they do it to us is one of the most chicken-**** excuses I have heard.
Yep. It's cuck behavior, plain and simple. Reminds me of the code pink morons from the early 00's who claimed 9/11 was the United States' fault. Or the people who think there is some sort of moral equivalency between Israel and Hamas.
Old 07-23-18, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Yep. It's cuck behavior, plain and simple. Reminds me of the code pink morons from the early 00's who claimed 9/11 was the United States' fault. Or the people who think there is some sort of moral equivalency between Israel and Hamas.
You're way over simplifying things NEO. What is being pointed out is that the USA along with most other advanced nations meddle in the internal affairs of other nations when it's to their advantage to do so. This has been going on for FOREVER and I suspect that among the practitioners across the globe it's like a game and I hope our guys win the game.

The thing that bothers us here is that clearly Obama wasn't all that worried about Russian meddling in 2015/16 as his administration saw it as typical of what the Russians do and we were at the time meddling in the Ukraine & Russia supporting anti-Putin folks. Then Trump wins the election and in HINDSIGHT the Obama administration and the media react in horror to Russian messing with the election. It was fake and designed to set the stage for going after Trump.

Obama reminds me of this guy in dealing with a club that permits gambling on it's premises.

Old 07-24-18, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Did I see news this morning that NK is dismantling some of their test sites? First steps or smoke and mirrors?
Old 07-24-18, 10:37 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Did I see news this morning that NK is dismantling some of their test sites? First steps or smoke and mirrors?
I guess only time will tell. the important thing will be how NK lets us and others into verify what has been done and what is going on down the road.
Old 07-24-18, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
It looks like first steps:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/w...acilities.html

North Korea has started dismantling a missile-engine test site, as President Trump said the North’s leader, Kim Jong-un, promised he would during their historic summit meeting in Singapore in June, according to an analysis of satellite imagery of the location.

But as with everything to do with NK we should follow this simple rule: Don't trust and absolutely verify. But this is a promising first step.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: