Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-18, 08:11 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
2018 State meet course-Double loop

I did not make the trip. What were the thoughts on the double loop?

I am a huge fan of this. Did the course hold up?

Do you think that they will keep it?

The only draw back is that the cambered part of the track area has to be ran 2 times
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-18, 08:22 AM
All Ohio

Newton's Third is on a distinguished road
As a cross country purist I like terrain, mud, sharp turns and other things that break rhythm but the fact that the loop portions of the state meet courses do not allow spectators I loved the double loop course. I watched coaches walk back and forth across the track seeing their athletes several times. This was closer to meets throughout the year and I suspect athletes knew their individual places and approximate team places during the race.
I don't see how coaches could share these things on the old course when they see them so infrequently. On the old course they saw them once or twice the entire race unless they sprinted from point to point to get one more view. I like the double loop even if it is further away from traditional cross country.
Old 11-11-18, 09:57 AM
Junior Varsity

effit is on a distinguished road
My son who ran in the d3 race liked the new layout. And as a fan it was awesome. I hope it stays.
Old 11-11-18, 10:32 AM
All Region

runohio is on a distinguished road
http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318082
Old 11-11-18, 11:37 AM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Keep it.
Old 11-11-18, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
I did not make the trip. What were the thoughts on the double loop?

I am a huge fan of this. Did the course hold up?

Do you think that they will keep it?

The only draw back is that the cambered part of the track area has to be ran 2 times
I liked it compared to both the original course and the course change that was not used. Seemed better for spectators and coaches alike. Havenít had a chance to ask any runners how they felt about it.
Old 11-17-18, 01:06 PM
All American

madman is on a distinguished road
This image is from NCAA Div I nationals at Wisconsin today. This is what the state meet ought to look like - crazy fans and spectators lining the entire course:

Old 11-17-18, 06:55 PM
Freshman

GORUN1600 is on a distinguished road
That's really cool and yes the state meet would be better for athletes and spectators if it were like this!
Old 11-18-18, 08:40 AM
All District

starcatcher8 is on a distinguished road
Our team ran in this year's meet and really liked the new layout. Some of them had run on the previously designed course over the past two or three years and preferred the new layout. As a coach I liked this year's layout much better, also.
Old 11-19-18, 03:48 PM
All Region

gatornation is on a distinguished road
Whether they use the course from this year or create a new 2 loop course it can always be tried out during the Pre-Season meet they hold in August. Or maybe we get lucky and they move it to another site.
Old 11-19-18, 09:12 PM
All Region

Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornation View Post
Whether they use the course from this year or create a new 2 loop course it can always be tried out during the Pre-Season meet they hold in August. Or maybe we get lucky and they move it to another site.
It will be very tough to use the double loop course for the pre season meet. Due to the crossing near the last straight away. Runners are too spread out at pre season meet. If they made two paths along track and moved the finishline up next to track then it would work.
Old 11-20-18, 02:32 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Couldn't they just reverse the loops and run the one they ran first second and move the second loop to first?

I'd try and incorporate some of that new section they were looking to add this year, and make a more direct route out of the woods. Get rid of the extra fluff out there in that section after the woods where no one can see and come out of the woods and run right along the tree line. Not that it would make it better for the spectators, but it would be a better course for the runners. Bigger variety.
Old 11-20-18, 03:14 PM
All Region

Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Couldn't they just reverse the loops and run the one they ran first second and move the second loop to first?

I'd try and incorporate some of that new section they were looking to add this year, and make a more direct route out of the woods. Get rid of the extra fluff out there in that section after the woods where no one can see and come out of the woods and run right along the tree line. Not that it would make it better for the spectators, but it would be a better course for the runners. Bigger variety.
It is still the same path they would be running on. and the loop people would be going straight and the finish people would need to turn left to go down to finish.
Old 11-20-18, 03:26 PM
All World

They run the start. Come in front of the grand stands and past the finish area like always. Make the 180 degree turn and run along the back of the race track. Then, after they cut across the racetrack, they turn back and come in front of the grand stand again. No way there are any runners that far behind that they get passed/ lapped. Then they do the 180 Degree turn again and run on the back side of the track. Cut across the tack and then turn left and go away from the grandstands back to the new loop and into the woods. Then they come back to the finish like they have in years past.
Old 11-21-18, 01:14 PM
All Region

gatornation is on a distinguished road
They did get rid of the extra "fluff" after the treeline this year. They came out of the woods directly along the tree line. I assume because the second loop added too much to the course.
Old 11-21-18, 03:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornation View Post
They did get rid of the extra "fluff" after the treeline this year. They came out of the woods directly along the tree line. I assume because the second loop added too much to the course.
Seems short. Doesn't seem like as much was added as was taken away. The new loop looked interesting with a bit of a hill etc...