Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 05:23 PM
All Region

runohio is on a distinguished road
OAT&CCC Cross Country Coaches Clinic - November 16th

OAT&CCC Cross Country Coaches Clinic - November 16th

Registration form - http://oatccc.com/docs/clinics/2018-...gistration.pdf

http://runohio.com/index.php/news/15...coaches-clinic

www.runohio.com
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-18, 05:35 PM
All Region

Life Lessons from Cross Country
http://runohio.com/index.php/feature...-cross-country
Old 11-12-18, 08:35 PM
All Region

Will not be able to make it but I hope they have a nice
group of coaches. Good Luck...
Old 11-20-18, 04:54 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Did they even run the MidEast Meet of Champions? Terrible job by the OATCCC promoting this. It was the highlight of the season for kids just 10 years ago. Absolute top talent ran it from all the states. More work than it should be finding results or anything on it now. Information Age!
Old 11-20-18, 05:09 PM
All Ohio

Run4Life is on a distinguished road
Psycho, you are correct, it was an issue trying to get any info on this meet prior to and throughout the competition. I would like to say it was because of the delayed OHSAA state meet, but I don't know.

Here are the results on milesplit: https://oh.milesplit.com/meets/32760...s#.W_SFAZNKgWo

and what I could find on the OATCCC website: http://www.mideastxc.com/results/ (listed in the 2017 results).
Old 11-20-18, 09:30 PM
All World

My bad, I was trying to look under 2018 results. Didn't dawn on me to look under 2017. My daughter loved the meet One of my nieces also ran for Indiana that year. My daughter was funny and did not like doing things as an individual. She ran pretty well at MidEast and terrible at Footlocker. She thought representing Ohio was an honor. If she wasn't running with and for a team, she thought it was pointless. Being on an all star team at the Mid East was huge for her. Back then, the best of the best in Ohio ran it. Chelsea Oswald. Brooklyne Ridder, Jessica Zangmeister, Tori Brink, Samantha Norman, Carolyn Case, Tina Oprean, Sontag, Koch...etc.

I know in years before that, Bridget Franek ran, Sarah Foster, Amanda Burger, Casandra Schenck... Best in Ohio ran.

Emil Heineking ,Eric Finan, Scott Hilditch, 2006 boys team had two other guys I can't remember right now that made up a great team.
Old 11-20-18, 10:28 PM
All Ohio

Run4Life is on a distinguished road
I think the HS coaches are not helping the OATCCC get the best athletes involved in this meet. I agree, some of the luster has tarnished over time with the Nike Regional falling so close to this meet, but I don't think the team coach(es) are helping very much to showcase this event.

When I coached I always listed this meet on my season schedule along with the OHSAA state meet. Seniors were encouraged to contact the team coaches to let them know they would be available and be honored to be selected.

I think there are many coaches that are more into their kids going to Terre Haute than Kettering. It is the cross country version of the select travel teams for other sports. I am not sure how to get these coaches to get back to being excited for having one of their athletes being selected for the Ohio, but I have seen both Indiana and Michigan really step up in these meets the past few years.
Old 11-20-18, 11:16 PM
All American

madman is on a distinguished road
There are good reasons coaches aren't always pushing their athletes towards this meet. It's not the meet it once was for multiple reasons. At one point it was one of the few places senior athletes could be in a showcase with elite athletes from multiple states. Recruiters for college teams made good use of it. The internet, cell phones, and NXN regionals have made the value of the Mid-East meet less than it once was.

I've had several athletes run in the meet over the years and all of them had a great time spending time with the other athletes. One of them won the race. To my knowledge, none of them ever regretted it.

However, I would never push an athlete ailing mentally or physically during a tough regional/state meet path into doing the race - especially not when they may have already run NXN or may be planning to run a Footlocker regional and possibly one of the National Championships.

Too much high level racing in near-consecutive weeks isn't in the best interest of our athletes. There are a wide-variety of reasons that some athletes should skip this opportunity.

In any case, I can't think of why it should be so difficult to find the results of the race immediately after the race finishes. I don't think we've ever been able to do that. This year wasn't unusual in that respect.
Old 11-21-18, 05:18 AM
All World

For awhile, and I do not know if this is still the case, Michigan ran a qualifying meet to get into the Mid East meet. OATCCC member coaches should encourage their kids to run the Mid-East. The OATCCC needs to have better coverage and be able to at a minimum post results on their own web site front and center. Just make it something that any 7th grader could throw together in 10 minutes and get a "C" on. I should be getting a reminder on my phone with updates on the race in real time. To many updates to the point I have to turn them off. Again, something my 16 year old, not the brightest or most motivated, could do in the blink of an eye. I try to follow this meet and the track meet at the end of the year and it gets harder every year not easier.