Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-18, 02:02 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Uc

Note to coaches.... You can not build a solid program by taking on other programs rejects! Should have been a blowout last night, and please do not blame the rain, it saved the game for us.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-17-18, 02:09 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,502
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Man, you really are the expert on ALL things soccer. Tell me again why you aren't running all of soccer for this country?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-18, 02:37 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Because Neil is the best recruiter I have ever seen !
He needs to stop taking transfers !
What gets me is what in the world does China have to do with Soccer? obviously not much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-17-18, 05:32 PM
MichaelPat MichaelPat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 328
MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
The Womans Collegiate Soccer season had begun! I think UC has two transfers both local girls. I don't know how or where the Chinese connection came from but what did she play 8 minutes? EKU is no pushover, expected to finish 1 or 2 in whatever conference they are in. The first real game for what appears to be a very talented Freshmen class who saw a lot of minutes. Rain was an issue for both sides so not going to go there. UC has UVa away, Wright St and then ND away. How they compete in those 2 no conference road games will tell us plenty. I think they have had two very good recruiting classes in a row if the coaches can keep the talent coming the future looks promising.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-18, 08:58 PM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Interesting, Neil has built a program that was in shambles by doing things wrong?

UC graduated a lot. Only have a few seniors (I believe). Replacing that isn't exactly easy. Transfers can help that transition.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-18, 09:28 PM
MichaelPat MichaelPat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 328
MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Interesting, Neil has built a program that was in shambles by doing things wrong?

UC graduated a lot. Only have a few seniors (I believe). Replacing that isn't exactly easy. Transfers can help that transition.
4 Seniors. Only 2 play significant minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-19-18, 07:05 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Like I said
There is a reason those kids got canned
BUILD THE PROGRAM.....STOP PLAYING OTHER PROGRAMS CAST OFFS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-18, 08:32 AM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Like I said
There is a reason those kids got canned
BUILD THE PROGRAM.....STOP PLAYING OTHER PROGRAMS CAST OFFS
Funny. Many programs are built and are successful with "other programs cast offs."

You know better though. Your reputation as a top college coach has won many national championships.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-20-18, 10:27 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Rarely do programs let "studs" go.
There is a reason
Wake up and smell the coffee
If you can not hit the side of a barn, how can you score?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-18, 11:04 AM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Rarely do programs let "studs" go.
There is a reason
Wake up and smell the coffee
If you can not hit the side of a barn, how can you score?
One may not be a stud at one program, but can be a stud elsewhere. Proper fit is extremely important, especially in the women's game.

Stafford has won, wherever he's been.
  • 72-61-15
  • 30-10-4
  • 54-34-15

That's his records at his 3 stops as HC.

Records at UC:
  • 2017 - 12-4-3
  • 2016 - 11-5-4
  • 2015 - 13-6-5
  • 2014 - 10-8-2
  • 2013 - 8-11-1

Records before Stafford:
  • 2012 - 4-13-1
  • 2011 - 6-9-4
  • 2010 - 8-10-1
  • 2009 - 8-10-1
  • 2008 - 10-7-3
  • 2007 - 6-10-2
  • 2006 - 7-9-2
  • 2005 - 3-11-4
  • 2004 - 4-14-0
  • 2003 - 5-13-1
  • 2002 - 19-3-3
  • 2001 - 20-4-0
  • 2000 - 16-6-0

Stafford is one of 3 coaches to have 4-straight winning seasons at UC (1994-1997 & 1983-1990). If he gets a 5th straight this season, he becomes 1 of 2 coaches to accomplish that feat. It's taken 11 years for a coach to have 3-straight winning seasons at UC, Stafford accomplished that in his first 4 seasons. Prior to Stafford, there was 1 winning season in 11 seasons!

At the same time, RPI has increased dramatically throughout Stafford's tenure (132 in 2014 to 39 in 2015).

So...where is he going wrong? At all?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-20-18, 12:16 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
I will tell you the big problem with Neil.
Stop recruiting kids, offering them spots on your team and then cutting them soon after.

What he is doing is criminal and unethical !

This is not Bengals training camp where you bring in tons of players picking the best ones and then cutting the rest !

Show some loyalty to the players you recruited ! Stop cutting players because you found someone better, You picked them now honor your word! stop crushing kids dreams of playing college soccer.

That is what makes Neil one of the worse coaches in Division 1 nothing else makes up for that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-20-18, 12:53 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 104
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Holy crap dad is pissed!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-20-18, 01:03 PM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I will tell you the big problem with Neil.
Stop recruiting kids, offering them spots on your team and then cutting them soon after.

What he is doing is criminal and unethical !

This is not Bengals training camp where you bring in tons of players picking the best ones and then cutting the rest !

Show some loyalty to the players you recruited ! Stop cutting players because you found someone better, You picked them now honor your word! stop crushing kids dreams of playing college soccer.

That is what makes Neil one of the worse coaches in Division 1 nothing else makes up for that.
So, now the truth comes out. It's not about his success on the field.

It's that you had a connection with someone who go cut.

I cannot speak of anything about that. Don't know any of that. What I do know, there's a plethora of young athletes who aspire to be college athletes, they get the scholarship, and they never do anything more. College coaches have their livelihood revolving around 18-22 year olds. The most fickle group there is. College coaches are required to hold to a commitment, but college athletes are let off the hook? In the end, it's a competitive market. That's where it is now. Unfortunate for some, absolutely. Welcome to life.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-20-18, 01:23 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 339
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I will tell you the big problem with Neil.
Stop recruiting kids, offering them spots on your team and then cutting them soon after.

What he is doing is criminal and unethical !

This is not Bengals training camp where you bring in tons of players picking the best ones and then cutting the rest !

Show some loyalty to the players you recruited ! Stop cutting players because you found someone better, You picked them now honor your word! stop crushing kids dreams of playing college soccer.

That is what makes Neil one of the worse coaches in Division 1 nothing else makes up for that.
I think that's pretty standard though. Programs routinely over recruit. I talked to head of soccer operations for a big ten school who said they have 11 recruits for class of 2019. They advised that after the first year 5-6 of them will leave for athletic or academic reasons.

Miami, Xavier, Dayton all have or have recently had huge classes.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-20-18, 01:42 PM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,851
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Buck- Didnt your daughter leave a D1 program to go to another D1 program?

Hmmm
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-20-18, 02:01 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,481
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=buckshooter5;7087563]I will tell you the big problem with Neil.
Stop recruiting kids, offering them spots on your team and then cutting them soon after.

What he is doing is criminal and unethical !

This is not Bengals training camp where you bring in tons of players picking the best ones and then cutting the rest !

Show some loyalty to the players you recruited ! Stop cutting players because you found someone better, You picked them now honor your word! stop crushing kids dreams of playing college soccer.

That is what makes Neil one of the worse coaches in Division 1 nothing else makes up for that.[/QUOTe

C'MON, BUCK, I admit i've only been involved with Uc for 2 years but I haven't seen Neil "cut" one player. Some have left to play elsewhere likely cause they were not seeing the field as much as they liked or expected. One of whom was my daughters best friend. There are several girls who have played very little and are still on the team. I actually give them a lot of credit for that. I'm not sure your info. is coming from but from my experience there is no credence to it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-20-18, 04:29 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Girls sit the bench and get cut
Cast off's play significant minutes, can not shoot or connect a pass.
Yeah, he is an outstanding Coach
Program is going backwards now, had some faith, but it is now lost.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-20-18, 07:17 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,481
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Ok, whatever you say.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-20-18, 09:24 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Look lets face facts here Irwin your daughter is not at UC to play for Neil she is at UC, because she is a local girl and she wants to play for the University of Cincinnati.
We all know that Cincinnati is a hot bed for soccer with tons of talent one of the easiset places to recruit for great local talent.

Neil is a hot head with a nasty temper and these girls are not there because of him they are there to wear the Cincinnati Jersey End of story.

Anybody that can spell soccer and has a brain could recruit great players at The University of Cincinnati.

Neil would be better to just sit his butt on the bench and let the players do there thing and they would win.

The University of Cincinnati would do better to get a professional who acts and treats the girls as such.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-18, 05:08 PM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 859
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Buck does have several valid points, but I feel that he has a dog in this fight somewhere so he is biased.

Based on my personal experiences some of what he says is true though.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-24-18, 08:07 AM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
Buck does have several valid points, but I feel that he has a dog in this fight somewhere so he is biased.

Based on my personal experiences some of what he says is true though.
What valid points? Facts were presented and all he did was crawdad.

Of course he has a dog in the fight, he wouldn't act like this if he didn't. He's not brought anything to the discussion that he started. Continuously shot down.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-25-18, 10:13 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,508
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Look at recruiting
Can not hang with the big dogs, not even competitive
Tells you all you need to know about Coach and staff
Wake up and smell the coffee
UC is going backwards
Now XU...….we have a different story developing.
Stay tuned.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-18, 10:58 AM
MichaelPat MichaelPat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 328
MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Look at recruiting
Can not hang with the big dogs, not even competitive
Tells you all you need to know about Coach and staff
Wake up and smell the coffee
UC is going backwards
Now XU....we have a different story developing.
Stay tuned.
Old Bucky stirring the pot. You mean the XU that lost to NKU the other night? Whats developing there?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-26-18, 07:30 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 2,662
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
I do not have a dog in this fight, but XU has 33 players on their roster including 12 freshman and five or six transfers. Seems like this is normal in NCAA D1 soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-26-18, 03:36 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 339
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Average D1 roster for women is 28 players (Per 14 scholarships). I think most big programs recruits around 10 per season and filter as years go on. I remember Neil mentioning that Nate was big on big recruiting classes, when we went for an ID camp.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-26-18, 05:47 PM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 439
belied dat is on a distinguished road
UC tallies another win on Friday night.

TBD for this evening against NKU.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-26-18, 09:51 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,481
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
UC tallies another win on Friday night.

TBD for this evening against NKU.
UC wins 1-0 in OT. Third year in a row with 1-0 final. UC had many missed opportunities ,such is soccer. I'm headed up to South Bend Thursday. That should be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-27-18, 07:35 AM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 859
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
What valid points? Facts were presented and all he did was crawdad.

Of course he has a dog in the fight, he wouldn't act like this if he didn't. He's not brought anything to the discussion that he started. Continuously shot down.
I'm not going to comment publicly due to personal connections to part of the program, but feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-27-18, 09:13 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 93
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Nice to see a transfer put in the winner, again....

Congrats Jill!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-28-18, 09:32 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 104
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
LINK = https://www.spreaker.com/episode/15588090
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz