Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 08:52 AM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Perry at GlenOak

Perry leads the all time series 24-19.
Panthers need a win to keep their slim hopes of a getting a playoff spot alive, plus a lot of help.
The way the Panthers have played the last 4 weeks, I wouldn’t call this a guaranteed win, by no means. Plus it’s senior night for the Golden Eagles and what a better way to end their season than their best effort against a team that could have a McKinley hangover.
Hopefully the Panthers play with max effort. Perry has won the last three meetings after losing 6 of 7, when they had sub .500 seasons.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-18, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Nice try ED. Absolutely no way Perry loses.
Old 10-23-18, 11:22 AM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Big Ed...GlenOak is having a bad year like Lake did last year. I think they may have less kids on their team then your Panthers. They played hard....really can't throw the ball, and Martin had 266 yards on 18 carries against them. Your backs will have the same success. Last game of the season for them.....will be a running clock game.
Old 10-23-18, 04:26 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Panthers will come out and fight really hard to win this for the seniors. Now the playoffs, if I said it once I said it a thousand times playing Canada was a total waste of time, gave us little competition and zero playoff points, lost money, and poorly attended, AD has got to do a better job of finding worthy competition to help our playoff chances for next season, if not we'll be in the same position as this year and it would be a shame if that happened because we have a good nucleus of returning starters and lettermen coming back
Old 10-23-18, 05:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Remark1 is on a distinguished road
Perry will win big!
Old 10-23-18, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Optimistic, but never overlook the Golden Eagles.
Old 10-23-18, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Panthers will come out and fight really hard to win this for the seniors. Now the playoffs, if I said it once I said it a thousand times playing Canada was a total waste of time, gave us little competition and zero playoff points, lost money, and poorly attended, AD has got to do a better job of finding worthy competition to help our playoff chances for next season, if not we'll be in the same position as this year and it would be a shame if that happened because we have a good nucleus of returning starters and lettermen coming back
Understood, but they had their chance to make the playoffs with the hand they were dealt. Lake was game they should have won. Hoover was a sound defeat... I agree with Levi: Hoover still wins the redo, but Perry beats Lake in a redo.

The win over Lake puts them in at 6-7 seed.

Now Perry has to pray to the patron saint of playoff chances all week.
Old 10-23-18, 06:57 PM
All World

Everyone seems to blame the Canadians, but if they Beat Lake or Hoover, they’re in. As far as the scheduling goes, the Head Coach probably has the biggest influence on who’s on the schedule.
I disagree with Levi and 1480, Perry wins the Hoover rematch.
Old 10-23-18, 07:24 PM
Freshman

P Town Fan is on a distinguished road
All the other D2 regions Perry would be sitting good. Loaded region this year, is what it is.
Old 10-23-18, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Everyone seems to blame the Canadians, but if they Beat Lake or Hoover, they’re in. As far as the scheduling goes, the Head Coach probably has the biggest influence on who’s on the schedule.
Yep, if Hoover or Lake was a win they would most likely be in.
Old 10-23-18, 09:31 PM
Freshman

JimmieJ48fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There were a bunch of different things than didn't break Perry's way this year. With the Canadians teams just being on small one. Obviously the biggest is losing to Hoover and Lake. It doesn't help that the region is stacked this year. I still don't understand OHSAA decision to put Wadsworth, Highland, and Barberton into Region 7. But it is what it is. Then you had the Columbus teams doing better than average this year. Between 15-17 you had 7 teams in the Columbus area with 2 or less losses. This year alone you have 4. Green and Glenoak are combined 2-16. Green's first 2 games they lost by a combined 3 points. Central lost in OT to South Range. Those games go our way at it's around 1.68 more points for us and we are 5th in the region.

Blaming the Canadian teams is the easy way because you just say schedule somebody else. Of course if you don't beat that team you schedule you ain't getting anymore points than what to Canadian team brings. 1 of the teams that had common open week with Perry that I thought might be a good team to schedule was Lima Senior. I looked them up and they are 1-8 and that 1 win being against COF which don't count so they would basically be contributing nothing. Same was what the Toronto team is contributing. Looking at some of the other teams in the Region I say take a page out of Tri-Valley, or Whitehall-Yearlings book and play some decent but much smaller division team. 9 of Tri-Valley's 10 games are D3 or lower and 7 out of 10 for Whitehall. It appears division size really doesn't matter as much as long as you play a decent team. Go try and see if they could schedule somebody like East Canton, Sandy Valley, Tuslaw, Fairless, or Northwest. No matter what some say the Fed is tough and will prepare you for the postseason. You gotta have winnable games our of league to get you enough points. Taking on the big time team will help if you can win but you get nothing if you lose.

With that said. As always. Go Panthers
Old 10-23-18, 09:36 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieJ48fan View Post
There were a bunch of different things than didn't break Perry's way this year. With the Canadians teams just being on small one. Obviously the biggest is losing to Hoover and Lake. It doesn't help that the region is stacked this year. I still don't understand OHSAA decision to put Wadsworth, Highland, and Barberton into Region 7. But it is what it is. Then you had the Columbus teams doing better than average this year. Between 15-17 you had 7 teams in the Columbus area with 2 or less losses. This year alone you have 4. Green and Glenoak are combined 2-16. Green's first 2 games they lost by a combined 3 points. Central lost in OT to South Range. Those games go our way at it's around 1.68 more points for us and we are 5th in the region.

Blaming the Canadian teams is the easy way because you just say schedule somebody else. Of course if you don't beat that team you schedule you ain't getting anymore points than what to Canadian team brings. 1 of the teams that had common open week with Perry that I thought might be a good team to schedule was Lima Senior. I looked them up and they are 1-8 and that 1 win being against COF which don't count so they would basically be contributing nothing. Same was what the Toronto team is contributing. Looking at some of the other teams in the Region I say take a page out of Tri-Valley, or Whitehall-Yearlings book and play some decent but much smaller division team. 9 of Tri-Valley's 10 games are D3 or lower and 7 out of 10 for Whitehall. It appears division size really doesn't matter as much as long as you play a decent team. Go try and see if they could schedule somebody like East Canton, Sandy Valley, Tuslaw, Fairless, or Northwest. No matter what some say the Fed is tough and will prepare you for the postseason. You gotta have winnable games our of league to get you enough points. Taking on the big time team will help if you can win but you get nothing if you lose.

With that said. As always. Go Panthers
You are 100% right but some coaches may not admit it. No win , No points.
Old 10-23-18, 09:57 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Look Ed, the most logical choice is to play Massillon, the players want it, the communities want it, its a huge gate, electric, almost carnival atmosphere, what was it 1999 when Perry got beat in the regular season then turned around and won the biggest game in program history by beating Massillon in the rematch, as old Mr. Sam use to say, you cant beat em if you dont play em
Old 10-23-18, 10:12 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Look Ed, the most logical choice is to play Massillon, the players want it, the communities want it, its a huge gate, electric, almost carnival atmosphere, what was it 1999 when Perry got beat in the regular season then turned around and won the biggest game in program history by beating Massillon in the rematch, as old Mr. Sam use to say, you cant beat em if you dont play em
Sorry Dick , I disagree totally. We lose players and you know that (when we play). You might be too young to know the full history. Maybe you don't remember what happened after Coach Bo scheduled them. Perry would have most likely lost this year to them and NO points. Perry has been rebuilt and every year now has promise. Don't mess with something that is working. Need evidence ? Look at GlenOak unfortunately .
Old 10-23-18, 10:45 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
Sorry Dick , I disagree totally. We lose players and you know that (when we play). You might be too young to know the full history. Maybe you don't remember what happened after Coach Bo scheduled them. Perry would have most likely lost this year to them and NO points. Perry has been rebuilt and every year now has promise. Don't mess with something that is working. Need evidence ? Look at GlenOak unfortunately .
So kids only leave Perry when you play us ?
From 1986-99 there weren’t any football players that left Perry to come to Massillon ?
Or from 2001–12 ?
Old 10-24-18, 01:17 AM
All World

Quote:
I wouldn’t mind seeing them on the schedule once and awhile, but for me drop the Mounties (Canadians) and play a couple decent D-2 or 3 teams.
Old 10-24-18, 03:00 AM
Junior Varsity

milqcity2010 is on a distinguished road
Man stop you sound stupid im sorry to put Massillon in the Perry vs Glenoak thread but enough is enough grow a pair and quit running i had friends that went to Massillon in there early years an moved to perry in middle school an graduted from there an nobody from Massillon even complains about it but if a kid moves from perry to Massillon its a big deal man come on now that's y'all excuse not to play Massillon sad an pathetic idc what you have to say about our program so save the lame insults if you have any...I respect for perry in a way had alot of friends go there but y'all coach an some of the fans kill me everybody wants to play each other mighty funny he keeps central because he kno he can beat them Wakefield won't schedule a team that can give them a challenge he cried about having to play Iggy last year in the playoff ...when i was in school we played iggy,eds Stuebenville ext so please go somewhere with that lame @$$ excuse good luck both teams friday
Quote:
Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-18, 04:58 AM
All Yappi

I’m not saying I like the Canucks on the schedule... just saying this year that the Panthers were dealt a hand and they had their chance... clearly there was no room for error though.
Old 10-24-18, 05:01 AM
Junior Varsity

milqcity2010 is on a distinguished road
I strongly agree but i mean im no perry fan but if they have 1 less Canada team an decent opponent they prolly make it in R7 but tbh i don't think Tri valley deserves a playoff berth there schedule is terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
I’m not saying I like the Canucks on the schedule... just saying this year that the Panthers were dealt a hand and they had their chance... clearly there was no room for error though.
Old 10-24-18, 08:11 AM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
There will be a running clock for the whole second half
Old 10-24-18, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry Dick , I disagree totally. We lose players and you know that (when we play).
You keep claiming that and I think it's crazy but ok that is your opinion. But what is your thought process? Why Massillon is more likely to recruit Perry players if we play than if we don't? Or is it just a matter of being exposed to our stadium, fans, and facilities? Just curious. I wont turn it into trash talk (even though you are making an insulting accusation).
Old 10-24-18, 12:39 PM
All Region

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Perry wins this game soundly and without much of a fight from a reeling Glen Oak team. With regards to the schedule, it was well assembled in my opinion if you understand that you cannot lose more than one league game. Perry losing the Lake game was the big killer as they could have survived losing one league game. Additionally, as some others have pointed out there were several teams on their schedule, not from Canada, that underperformed and cost them points.

For those who are saying to play Massillon early in the year, why? Perry is traditionally more of a threat later in the year and losing to a team early can do much more harm to a team than beating up a Canadian squad. Additionally, why would you want to deal with that circus early in the year?
Old 10-24-18, 12:58 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post

For those who are saying to play Massillon early in the year, why? Perry is traditionally more of a threat later in the year and losing to a team early can do much more harm to a team than beating up a Canadian squad. Additionally, why would you want to deal with that circus early in the year?
If by circus you mean selling out the away side of the stadium and putting a lot of money into your program from ticket sales and concessions and then kicking your as& on the field, ya I wouldn’t want to do that either.
Old 10-24-18, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Everybody (usually) is better later in the year. You'd think Perry would have an advantage early with 4 plays to memorize and the same system since pee wee.
Old 10-24-18, 01:22 PM
All Region

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
If by circus you mean selling out the away side of the stadium and putting a lot of money into your program from ticket sales and concessions and then kicking your as& on the field, ya I wouldn’t want to do that either.
No, that wasn't what I was referring to, but since you brought it up let's use your example. Why would a team schedule another team if they were going to kick their "as&" kicked? Wouldn't it behoove them to get a sure win versus a sure loss? Or perhaps scheduling a Canadian school early on as they replace a large amount of seniors?

Even as the class emanates from your words you can't help but contradict yourself.
Old 10-24-18, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milqcity2010 View Post
Man stop you sound stupid im sorry to put Massillon in the Perry vs Glenoak thread but enough is enough grow a pair and quit running i had friends that went to Massillon in there early years an moved to perry in middle school an graduted from there an nobody from Massillon even complains about it but if a kid moves from perry to Massillon its a big deal man come on now that's y'all excuse not to play Massillon sad an pathetic idc what you have to say about our program so save the lame insults if you have any...I respect for perry in a way had alot of friends go there but y'all coach an some of the fans kill me everybody wants to play each other mighty funny he keeps central because he kno he can beat them Wakefield won't schedule a team that can give them a challenge he cried about having to play Iggy last year in the playoff ...when i was in school we played iggy,eds Stuebenville ext so please go somewhere with that lame @$$ excuse good luck both teams friday

Perry has played and beat Steubenville at their place. Cleve. St. Joe, Akron Garfield, Lancaster, Westerville South. Buchtel. This was Maybe before you went to school maybe not. So things change. Several years ago we played Parma Valley Forge. They won What 3 games? This year they won 6 or 7. You have no control over that. So some of our fans kill you? Works both ways. People do say mean things. Perry has played Massillon more than anyone in the county. When I said in another post earlier this week that Massillon doesn't play the St. Xs and Iggy and Moeller, they DID but they don't now. So why all the huff about us taking a Massillon break. . .?
Old 10-24-18, 03:22 PM
All District

Hobgoblin
Quote:
IMO, Perry has a good chance to make the playoffs.

I can see two- three teams just ahead of them losing straight up...

A bonus to help them get in would be McKinley beating Massillon.

Otherwise, Perry’s got a good chance to make it - and, they’d beat both Lake and Hoover in a rematch. Right now, they’re playing the best football around!
Old 10-24-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

Mr. Red Raider is on a distinguished road
Massillon Perry will more than likely win on Friday night, but the problem is that a win might not even get them into the top 8. In fact, after last week's win against McKinley, I believe that they moved DOWN a spot in the order. According to fantastic50.net, they have a 1% chance of making the playoffs. Region 7 is just super stacked this year. They need the following to break their way if they are to make the playoffs:

Canal Winchester to lose to Big Walnut, which I don't see happening.

Walnut Ridge to lose to Columbus Independence, which may or may not happen. Don't think it will.

Tri-Valley to lose to Maysville, which also isn't likely.

Even if Perry was to win, and the teams ahead were to lose, AND even IF McKinley was to beat Massillon, the Panthers more than likely won't have enough L2s to jump ALL three teams ahead of them.

There is a legitimate chance that two 9-1 teams could be left out of the postseason, as could up to four 8-2 teams, and three 7-3 teams. For instance, it took Highland until week 9 to break into the top eight, and their best win (so far) has been against Revere.

When you compare the teams:

Walnut Ridge has three wins against 6-3 teams, and their lone loss was to Eastmoor.

Tri-Valley has three wins against 6-3 or better teams, and their lone loss was to John Glenn.

Whitehall-Yearling has two wins against 7-2 teams (Northland, Grandview Heights)

Columbus Northland's best wins are against Granville and Centennial.

Hoover's best wins are against Uniontown Lake and Massillon Perry.

Region 7 is THAT stacked.
Old 10-24-18, 04:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Qwertyqwerty is on a distinguished road
If McK beats Massillon they that’ll give perry a huge huge boost
Old 10-24-18, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
IMO, Perry has a good chance to make the playoffs.

I can see two- three teams just ahead of them losing straight up...

A bonus to help them get in would be McKinley beating Massillon.

Otherwise, Perry’s got a good chance to make it - and, they’d beat both Lake and Hoover in a rematch. Right now, they’re playing the best football around!
Never say never, but I'm not seeing it.

Perry's max-out is 21.7459. That number would give them a chance.
To achieve that number:
Perry has to beat GlenOak - That's the easiest part of the equation.
Central has to beat Louisville - Maybe (subtract .1020 if Louisville wins).
Royal Imperial needs to win - Not Likely (subtract .3571 if RI loses).
Jackson needs to beat Hoover - Maybe (subtract .6122 if Jax loses plus Hoover will pass Perry in that case).
Green needs to beat Lake - Not Likely (subtract .6122 if Green loses).
McKinley needs to beat Massillon - Maybe (subtract .6122 if McK loses).
West Toronto's game at Dayton Dunbar has been ruled a forfeit instead of a cancellation, so Perry's final L2 divisor goes back to 98 instead of 97. That's a bad break.

I'm not confident that McKinley will win, but anything can happen in that rivalry. Perry's playoff fate may be decided before then. I don't see Royal Imperial or Green winning. That's nearly a full point off Perry's max-out number. Let's say RI and Green are the only Perry opponents to lose, and CCC beats Louisville. That puts Perry around 20.78. That's not enough in this year's version of R7.

The top 3 are in, and Perry can't pass Dover. Wooster should at least get a win from Orrville to finish no worse than 21.10. That's 5 teams ahead of Perry right there.

I believe Tri-Valley, Walnut Ridge, and Canal Winchester will also win which would put them all above 20.95. That's 8 teams right there. I could see 1 of either Whitehall and Highland winning as well, but both could just as easily lose. In this exercise we're assuming a Jackson win over Hoover, but it's really an uphill climb if that game goes Hoover's way. Perry will likely stay ahead of Northland and New Albany.

IMHO, Perry is easily 1 of the 8 best teams in the region, but it appears a playoff berth isn't in the cards this fall.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-26-18 at 10:37 AM.