Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 02:03 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
"The Conners"

Will you be watching this new version of the Roseanne show without the title character?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-18, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
No.

Watched the original as a yute.
Watched the reboot last year and thought it wasn't bad.

I wont reward the network for firing her for some unfortunate things she said. She didn't commit a crime or physically hurt someone and they were too quick to fire her.

I wont watch.
Old 10-15-18, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Networks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days when it comes to TV. They know the only people who watch TV are 50+ and are trying to make as much money while they still can. Bringing back shows like Roseanne, Murphy Brown, and MacGyver reeks of desperation. Next we'll be seeing re-boots of MASH and All in the Family.
Old 10-15-18, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Networks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days when it comes to TV. They know the only people who watch TV are 50+ and are trying to make as much money while they still can. Bringing back shows like Roseanne, Murphy Brown, and MacGyver reeks of desperation. Next we'll be seeing re-boots of MASH and All in the Family.
Nah, couldn't d a return of ALl in the Family or my favorite, Married with Children!

There is not one single show on TV I watch at this point.
Got into Mayans for the first few weeks...will have to binge to catch up but in terms of NETWORK TV......nah
Old 10-15-18, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Nah, couldn't d a return of ALl in the Family or my favorite, Married with Children!

There is not one single show on TV I watch at this point.
Got into Mayans for the first few weeks...will have to binge to catch up but in terms of NETWORK TV......nah
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed O'Neill reprise his role now that Modern Family is ending its run after this year.
Old 10-15-18, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed O'Neill reprise his role now that Modern Family is ending its run after this year.
Never happen.

Would like to see maybe on FX or FXX having one last show since they never really got a series finale.
Old 10-16-18, 09:55 AM
Junior Varsity

JU-ICE is on a distinguished road
Could you imagine the uproar if they just ran the original All in the Family on one of the Big 4 networks in prime time?
Old 10-16-18, 10:03 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Television is suffering just as movies and Broadway are - fewer people watching and a lack of creativity. The sponsors are reluctant to take a chance on something new, so reboots seem safer.As for the Conners, the reviews are very good; after all, the cast is excellent. However, in this politically charged environment, right wingers are mad and won't watch; left wingers won't watch, because they objected to Roseanne. Young people won't take their faces out of their phones. Older people didn't like the original show. There is no audience.
Old 10-16-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JU-ICE View Post
Could you imagine the uproar if they just ran the original All in the Family on one of the Big 4 networks in prime time?
There was an uproar at the time. Same for Married with Children. The pressure against Fox was enough that advertisers began to drop prompting them to move the show to a later timeslot, cancel an episode deemed especially offensive, and make the writers agree to tone down the sex references going forward. This was in response to an episode where the controversy was they showed the upper back of a naked woman...

It's not as if society has gotten more sensitive in this regard. We just forget how insane some people were as recently as the 90's.
Old 10-16-18, 11:20 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Will you be watching this new version of the Roseanne show without the title character?
Will not be watching. Was not impressed with the first couple shows of the new Rosanne, and seriously doubt anything without Rosanne would be worth wasting my time to watch.

Some posts above mention Married With Children. Those reruns can be found on a couple cable providers, I missed the originals ( did not have a TV until 2001) so I have enjoyed catching up on some of the programs that have dumbed down America.
Old 10-16-18, 11:30 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I will watch tonight's episode and that's probably it.

I pray for a Married With Grand Children show
Old 10-16-18, 11:41 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No.

Watched the original as a yute.
Watched the reboot last year and thought it wasn't bad.

I wont reward the network for firing her for some unfortunate things she said. She didn't commit a crime or physically hurt someone and they were too quick to fire her.

I wont watch.
I always thought comedians got a pass for saying insensitive things, I guess that has changed. Can't imagine what would have happened to Pryor, Foxx, Murphy, Kinison, etc.. in today's politically correct, ultra-sensitive society. Luckily for Rosanne, she started in a different world and was able to make a buck in a better time.

I still love me some Law and Order SVU and the 911 show on Fox isn't bad. I also really like Snowfall on FX and the Mayans. I watch most of my TV on Hulu or the channels app, but I still enjoy a few shows.
Old 10-16-18, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Would love to see an unfiltered All in the Family reboot:

Old 10-16-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I always thought comedians got a pass for saying insensitive things, I guess that has changed. Can't imagine what would have happened to Pryor, Foxx, Murphy, Kinison, etc.. in today's politically correct, ultra-sensitive society. Luckily for Rosanne, she started in a different world and was able to make a buck in a better time.

I still love me some Law and Order SVU and the 911 show on Fox isn't bad. I also really like Snowfall on FX and the Mayans. I watch most of my TV on Hulu or the channels app, but I still enjoy a few shows.
Is the original Law and Order and SVU still making new eps?
Really enjoy them but RARELY have watched them on networks, almost exclusively on the cable for reruns.

Love listening to the old Eddie Murphy. Man is that some funny stuff but yeah, he wouldn't be caught dead saying that stuff nowadays.

First one I really remember getting lambasted was Kramer from Seinfeld when he was in a night club a number of years ago.

If we cannot laugh at this stuff then we truly are doomed!
Old 10-16-18, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Michael Richards didn't get lambasted for his material, he got lambasted for repeatedly calling a club-goer a n-gger.

Network television may be highly censored these days, but comedians still have free reign to talk about whatever they want. Not sure where the notion came from that they aren't able to.
Old 10-16-18, 02:38 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is the original Law and Order and SVU still making new eps?
Really enjoy them but RARELY have watched them on networks, almost exclusively on the cable for reruns.

Love listening to the old Eddie Murphy. Man is that some funny stuff but yeah, he wouldn't be caught dead saying that stuff nowadays.

First one I really remember getting lambasted was Kramer from Seinfeld when he was in a night club a number of years ago.

If we cannot laugh at this stuff then we truly are doomed!
Season 20 running now, I think it's the longest network show
Old 10-16-18, 04:52 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Simpsons is the longest running show ever.
Old 10-17-18, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Simpsons is the longest running show ever.
Also the show with the most guest appearances.
You just got to hear them but not see them since they just provided voices
for the 'toons.

First TV show to have stamps issued by USPS...

:>---

SF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: