Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-18, 02:03 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 53,437
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
"The Conners"

Will you be watching this new version of the Roseanne show without the title character?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-15-18, 02:09 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,097
thavoice is on a distinguished road
No.

Watched the original as a yute.
Watched the reboot last year and thought it wasn't bad.

I wont reward the network for firing her for some unfortunate things she said. She didn't commit a crime or physically hurt someone and they were too quick to fire her.

I wont watch.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-18, 02:22 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,612
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Networks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days when it comes to TV. They know the only people who watch TV are 50+ and are trying to make as much money while they still can. Bringing back shows like Roseanne, Murphy Brown, and MacGyver reeks of desperation. Next we'll be seeing re-boots of MASH and All in the Family.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-18, 02:43 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,097
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Networks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days when it comes to TV. They know the only people who watch TV are 50+ and are trying to make as much money while they still can. Bringing back shows like Roseanne, Murphy Brown, and MacGyver reeks of desperation. Next we'll be seeing re-boots of MASH and All in the Family.
Nah, couldn't d a return of ALl in the Family or my favorite, Married with Children!

There is not one single show on TV I watch at this point.
Got into Mayans for the first few weeks...will have to binge to catch up but in terms of NETWORK TV......nah
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-18, 03:24 PM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,580
bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Nah, couldn't d a return of ALl in the Family or my favorite, Married with Children!

There is not one single show on TV I watch at this point.
Got into Mayans for the first few weeks...will have to binge to catch up but in terms of NETWORK TV......nah
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed O'Neill reprise his role now that Modern Family is ending its run after this year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-18, 03:51 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,097
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed O'Neill reprise his role now that Modern Family is ending its run after this year.
Never happen.

Would like to see maybe on FX or FXX having one last show since they never really got a series finale.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-18, 09:55 AM
JU-ICE JU-ICE is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-29-16
Posts: 30
JU-ICE is on a distinguished road
Could you imagine the uproar if they just ran the original All in the Family on one of the Big 4 networks in prime time?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-18, 10:03 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,599
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Television is suffering just as movies and Broadway are - fewer people watching and a lack of creativity. The sponsors are reluctant to take a chance on something new, so reboots seem safer.As for the Conners, the reviews are very good; after all, the cast is excellent. However, in this politically charged environment, right wingers are mad and won't watch; left wingers won't watch, because they objected to Roseanne. Young people won't take their faces out of their phones. Older people didn't like the original show. There is no audience.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-18, 10:09 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 5,111
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JU-ICE View Post
Could you imagine the uproar if they just ran the original All in the Family on one of the Big 4 networks in prime time?
There was an uproar at the time. Same for Married with Children. The pressure against Fox was enough that advertisers began to drop prompting them to move the show to a later timeslot, cancel an episode deemed especially offensive, and make the writers agree to tone down the sex references going forward. This was in response to an episode where the controversy was they showed the upper back of a naked woman...

It's not as if society has gotten more sensitive in this regard. We just forget how insane some people were as recently as the 90's.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-18, 11:20 AM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,039
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Will you be watching this new version of the Roseanne show without the title character?
Will not be watching. Was not impressed with the first couple shows of the new Rosanne, and seriously doubt anything without Rosanne would be worth wasting my time to watch.

Some posts above mention Married With Children. Those reruns can be found on a couple cable providers, I missed the originals ( did not have a TV until 2001) so I have enjoyed catching up on some of the programs that have dumbed down America.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-16-18, 11:30 AM
natihsfan natihsfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-14-11
Posts: 208
natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I will watch tonight's episode and that's probably it.


I pray for a Married With Grand Children show
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-16-18, 11:41 AM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 367
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
No.

Watched the original as a yute.
Watched the reboot last year and thought it wasn't bad.

I wont reward the network for firing her for some unfortunate things she said. She didn't commit a crime or physically hurt someone and they were too quick to fire her.

I wont watch.
I always thought comedians got a pass for saying insensitive things, I guess that has changed. Can't imagine what would have happened to Pryor, Foxx, Murphy, Kinison, etc.. in today's politically correct, ultra-sensitive society. Luckily for Rosanne, she started in a different world and was able to make a buck in a better time.

I still love me some Law and Order SVU and the 911 show on Fox isn't bad. I also really like Snowfall on FX and the Mayans. I watch most of my TV on Hulu or the channels app, but I still enjoy a few shows.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-16-18, 01:26 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,491
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Would love to see an unfiltered All in the Family reboot:

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-16-18, 02:08 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,097
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I always thought comedians got a pass for saying insensitive things, I guess that has changed. Can't imagine what would have happened to Pryor, Foxx, Murphy, Kinison, etc.. in today's politically correct, ultra-sensitive society. Luckily for Rosanne, she started in a different world and was able to make a buck in a better time.

I still love me some Law and Order SVU and the 911 show on Fox isn't bad. I also really like Snowfall on FX and the Mayans. I watch most of my TV on Hulu or the channels app, but I still enjoy a few shows.
Is the original Law and Order and SVU still making new eps?
Really enjoy them but RARELY have watched them on networks, almost exclusively on the cable for reruns.


Love listening to the old Eddie Murphy. Man is that some funny stuff but yeah, he wouldn't be caught dead saying that stuff nowadays.

First one I really remember getting lambasted was Kramer from Seinfeld when he was in a night club a number of years ago.


If we cannot laugh at this stuff then we truly are doomed!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-16-18, 02:15 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,612
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Michael Richards didn't get lambasted for his material, he got lambasted for repeatedly calling a club-goer a n-gger.

Network television may be highly censored these days, but comedians still have free reign to talk about whatever they want. Not sure where the notion came from that they aren't able to.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-16-18, 02:38 PM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 367
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Is the original Law and Order and SVU still making new eps?
Really enjoy them but RARELY have watched them on networks, almost exclusively on the cable for reruns.


Love listening to the old Eddie Murphy. Man is that some funny stuff but yeah, he wouldn't be caught dead saying that stuff nowadays.

First one I really remember getting lambasted was Kramer from Seinfeld when he was in a night club a number of years ago.


If we cannot laugh at this stuff then we truly are doomed!
Season 20 running now, I think it's the longest network show
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-16-18, 04:52 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,322
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Simpsons is the longest running show ever.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-17-18, 08:42 AM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 8,240
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Simpsons is the longest running show ever.
Also the show with the most guest appearances.
You just got to hear them but not see them since they just provided voices
for the 'toons.

First TV show to have stamps issued by USPS...


:>---

SF
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Miracle Season" Yappi General Board 0 04-06-18 10:36 PM
"The Strangers: Prey at Night" Yappi General Board 1 03-13-18 07:45 AM
"The Hurricane Heist" Yappi General Board 0 03-09-18 01:41 PM
"The 15:17 to Paris" Yappi General Board 8 02-14-18 11:59 AM
"The Post" Yappi General Board 0 01-13-18 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz