Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 07:59 AM
All District

roughriderpride is on a distinguished road
Week 10 is here already!
Here I was just starting the thread for the Philo @ WJ game and now it is WJ @ Triad.
The young Buescher kid can fill in for Williams at qb and give wj a good option of throwing the ball but he can't run out of the read option like Williams can.
WJ goes to Triad and plays a much better Triad team in years but if they win then they will share the north title with either the team (Burg) they beat or a team (FB) that beat them.
Then, they will set back and see who they will host in the 1st round.
Old 10-23-18, 09:23 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughriderpride View Post
Week 10 is here already!
Here I was just starting the thread for the Philo @ WJ game and now it is WJ @ Triad.
The young Buescher kid can fill in for Williams at qb and give wj a good option of throwing the ball but he can't run out of the read option like Williams can.
WJ goes to Triad and plays a much better Triad team in years but if they win then they will share the north title with either the team (Burg) they beat or a team (FB) that beat them.
Then, they will set back and see who they will host in the 1st round.
To say Triad is a better team than it has been just because they have won 5 games is kind of a joke. The 5 teams they have beaten have a total of 3 wins. 1-8, 1-8, 1-8, 0-9, 0-9. They beat Cedarville by 1. Northeastern by 5. This is not a good football team and WJ will roll with or without Williams. Now week 11 could be a different story for the Riders without Williams.
Old 10-23-18, 09:47 AM
Varsity

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Week 10 Picks

WLS Big over NE send the Jets to 1-9...
Things in "Jetland" still are not good. Future athletes look promising but the JETS are very undisciplined and Coaching staff is very dysfunctional. Coaching staff needs overhauled cant have QB's cussing at the coaching staff during the game loud enough for everyone to hear! Plus the Jets are giving up about 38 points a game and only scoring 13 a game. Defense has been a struggle for Coach Bucholtz even when he was the DC, his defense has always given up 30+ points a game.
WLS Rolls 56-6

Burg over Fairbanks in a close one, 20-17. This is going to be a heck of game very impressed by Fairbanks' coaching staff and players, not to mention the QB is very impressive.

WJ over Triad 42-12 WJ will win a share of the North title

Cedarville over CC 35-0 Indians finish the season with a WIN!

SE OVER Greenon is a close game 27-20... Big question is can SE finish! At least the twice this season they have had teams scoreless or trailing them at half and they end up getting blown out in the second half. This may be week the Trojans put it together and end the season on a high note.

G-View Big over Plains 49-6... This will not be close! This will be the tune up for week 11 for G-view
Old 10-23-18, 04:25 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
To say Triad is a better team than it has been just because they have won 5 games is kind of a joke. The 5 teams they have beaten have a total of 3 wins. 1-8, 1-8, 1-8, 0-9, 0-9. They beat Cedarville by 1. Northeastern by 5. This is not a good football team and WJ will roll with or without Williams. Now week 11 could be a different story for the Riders without Williams.
Well considering they lost to those same teams you just mentioned last year, I would say that qualifies as being better. I think you may be confusing what he said. He didn't say they were a good team. I think he just said they were better.
Old 10-23-18, 06:41 PM
All Region

Jet19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Last time I checked 5-5 is a heck of a lot better than 1-9. You could reverse that logic on the same token. All 5 teams that beat Triad could be playoff teams. The only true loss for Triad in my eyes is the Greenon game. Great season Cardinals! I honestly don't think people should be quick to count them out against West Jefferson either.
Old 10-23-18, 07:09 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Gview gonna get a couple playoffs wins this year starting week 11 on our homefeild
Old 10-23-18, 08:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehawg View Post
Well considering they lost to those same teams you just mentioned last year, I would say that qualifies as being better. I think you may be confusing what he said. He didn't say they were a good team. I think he just said they were better.
Last year they beat Cedarville by 2. This year by 1. They are not better.
Old 10-23-18, 08:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Last year they beat Cedarville by 2. This year by 1. They are not better.
Dude your an idiot. Theyve picked up four more wins this year than last. Stop being so idiotic
Old 10-23-18, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Three of Triad's wins are probably against the three worst teams that anybody in this league has played.

The only one of those teams that has a win, Ridgemont, squeaked by Ridgedale who has only beaten winless Vanlue (smallest enrollment football playing school in the state) and winless Fairfield Christian Academy.

Their record is better, but their schedule is significantly weaker than it was last year with Indian Lake and North Union on their non-conference slate.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-18, 09:02 PM
All District

When your a1 and 9 team, scheduling weaker apponents is a good idea. Again we're not saying they are good. But 5&5 is an improvement over 1 and 9. Last year you may have said Triad was as bad as some of those teams they beat this year
Old 10-24-18, 06:09 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
Week 10 Picks

WLS Big over NE send the Jets to 1-9...
Things in "Jetland" still are not good. Future athletes look promising but the JETS are very undisciplined and Coaching staff is very dysfunctional. Coaching staff needs overhauled cant have QB's cussing at the coaching staff during the game loud enough for everyone to hear! Plus the Jets are giving up about 38 points a game and only scoring 13 a game. Defense has been a struggle for Coach Bucholtz even when he was the DC, his defense has always given up 30+ points a game.
WLS Rolls 56-6
Yeah, I was at the Triad game and heard the QB yell "Get the F#(king play in!" But that's ok...Daddy coaches, so it's ok I guess. Shame on the AD and Administration because they had a chance to clean house, but they are content keeping it the same. I feel bad for the players. They have no discipline, no team identity. I was told they had 45 missed tackles during a game a couple weeks ago.
Old 10-24-18, 08:18 AM
All American

Quote:
When your a1 and 9 team, scheduling weaker apponents is a good idea. Again we're not saying they are good. But 5&5 is an improvement over 1 and 9. Last year you may have said Triad was as bad as some of those teams they beat this year
Just because a team has a better record doesn't mean they are better at football. They could schedule all junior high teams and be 10-0. It doesn't make them better at football. And thanks for calling me an idiot.
Old 10-24-18, 09:10 AM
All District

Ok, not going to continue to argue about Triad.
Old 10-24-18, 10:32 AM
All Region

It would be interesting to see what Triad would have done playing in the OHC south. 5-5 is a darn good season after being 1-9. Especially from an OHC perspective. Some people are just such big shots in their own minds that they have trouble giving credit where credit is due. Them Jets will be back here soon, if not next season. No more doormat in the North here in the next decade if we can keep these teams together and have everyone involved in the program on the same page.
Old 10-24-18, 10:38 AM
Freshman

spit-toon is on a distinguished road
JMO...triad has done the right thing, triad has been bad for a few yrs numbers went way down. You have to schedule teams that you have a chance of beating get culture built back up and numbers, most are 2 yr contracts . Triad has gone out and beaten teams this yr they are supposed to beat , hopefully kids believe now and have seen some results of their hard work. Triad is better , sometimes u just have to tear it completely down to build it backup. JMO!!!
Old 10-24-18, 11:18 AM
Freshman

randman is on a distinguished road
Will be fun follow
Old 10-24-18, 11:53 AM
Freshman

OHFootballGURU is on a distinguished road
Should be a good game between Burg and Fairbanks this Friday. The Panthers have as much talent as anyone in the league if not more but they lack direction and focus. They are truly a team out their playing back yard football. Fairbanks rarely beats teams with winning record that don't make mistakes. Their combination of talent and West Jeff self imploding gift rapped a big W week 6. If Fairbanks can put together a common sense game plan with a penalty/turnover free game on Friday night they have more than a good shot to come out victorious against the Burg. However, the Burg knows who they are(a physical team that plays good d and grinds you on the ground). Fairbanks doesn't have a clue from week to week. This game could truly be a toss up but I trust the Indians to stick to what they are and take care of business.

Burg 41 Banks 21
Old 10-24-18, 11:58 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
I will take Mechanicsburg by a few scores over Fairbanks.
Old 10-24-18, 12:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit-toon View Post
JMO...triad has done the right thing, triad has been bad for a few yrs numbers went way down. You have to schedule teams that you have a chance of beating get culture built back up and numbers, most are 2 yr contracts . Triad has gone out and beaten teams this yr they are supposed to beat , hopefully kids believe now and have seen some results of their hard work. Triad is better , sometimes u just have to tear it completely down to build it backup. JMO!!!
Totally agree with that to a certain degree. Mr. Miyagi said never fight unless you know you're gonna win. And Triad did that this season other than the Greenon game. Really wish that the OHC would go to 3 out of conference games so teams could have a little more flexibility in scheduling, but it is what it is. That being said you don't want to schedule teams like Bradford and others that you know will be 0-10 because it doesn't build as much confidence as it does bring the football conference down as a whole if that makes any sense? I really wish Southeastern would have beaten Graham in week 2. Fairbanks over Indian Lake was a better win than most would give credit that week as well. This might sound a tad far fetched and is probably very unpopular with some but I think the OHC and CBC should play weeks 1-3 as rivalry games.
Old 10-24-18, 01:27 PM
Freshman

spit-toon is on a distinguished road
Fair points 19 but if you are the coach or AD my program comes before the conference. As far as the banks vs burg ..Fairbanks will throw the kitchen sink at the burg, win and u are in ..scary game for the burg at fairbanks...I think people are forgetting triad was really good a few yrs back , and was beating up on ohc and making the playoffs most yrs . Kasner brought gview back , Bischer (spelling) keeps jeff rolling , smith now McGill at wls , Forrest even took a few yrs to get burg where he wanted it so I'm happy for triad always a better conference when they are good ....jets are a dumpster fire of their own creation hope they turn it around
Old 10-24-18, 02:40 PM
All District

Just because I'm vurios, when was the last time Northeastern could be considered a good team?
Old 10-24-18, 09:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Just because I'm vurios, when was the last time Northeastern could be considered a good team?
Early 2000s. Wasserman went 5-5 for two or three seasons after that and they canned him. Then he went to London and started beating Rolf and we dropped London from the schedule. I think it was 2006 when Rolf took over and the football program has been pretty bad since. Think we've only had one winning season this decade? The 2007 team won all through littles, JH, and reserves and only went 6-4. Central, WLS, and Burg were in the glory years at that time. But IMO the last time NE was in the glory days would be late 80s or early 90s. We have some talented athletic kids coming up tho. The Jets should be back to winning here in the next few years if not next season.
Old 10-25-18, 06:20 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Early 2000s. Wasserman went 5-5 for two or three seasons after that and they canned him. Then he went to London and started beating Rolf and we dropped London from the schedule. I think it was 2006 when Rolf took over and the football program has been pretty bad since. Think we've only had one winning season this decade? The 2007 team won all through littles, JH, and reserves and only went 6-4. Central, WLS, and Burg were in the glory years at that time. But IMO the last time NE was in the glory days would be late 80s or early 90s. We have some talented athletic kids coming up tho. The Jets should be back to winning here in the next few years if not next season.
About spit my coffee out on this! They need The Donald to come drain the swamp. Moving the DC (who gave out points like handing out candy on halloween) to HC isn't working, especially keeping the same staff. There is no motivation or discipline on the team. They gave up 45 tackles a couple Fridays ago. The last coach to leave (Lucas) was motivation in a nutshell. He could have players run through a wall for him. But he was run off by administration (long story all in itself). I'm sure you know the guy Jet, pick his brain on that one. As for Rolf? Never was a good fit at NE. Rolf's a 3....out of 10, in my book.
Old 10-25-18, 06:26 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
I just finished watching Springfield CC vs greeneview that I had recorded and I have a few thoughts. I think it might have been more beneficial for SCC to either play a JV schedule or an independent schedule like Ridgedale. One matchup that I would've loved to see for them would be Bradford. SCC with 15 kids vs Bradford with 13 kids would be beneficial to both schools this season.
Old 10-25-18, 06:31 AM
All District

skittlz is on a distinguished road
It wouldn't make a lot of sense for OHC & CBC to crossover weeks 1-3 [if you mean sach school plays the opposing conference all 3 weeks] if you just mean each plays 1 crossover then some schools already do and for the most part possibly 4 teams would be competitive on an average basis...
Old 10-25-18, 07:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I just finished watching Springfield CC vs greeneview that I had recorded and I have a few thoughts. I think it might have been more beneficial for SCC to either play a JV schedule or an independent schedule like Ridgedale. One matchup that I would've loved to see for them would be Bradford. SCC with 15 kids vs Bradford with 13 kids would be beneficial to both schools this season.
That game was ugly for SCC from the 1st play on...i felt bad for those kids from SCC...what a horrible game to broadcast to TV..
Old 10-25-18, 07:43 AM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlz View Post
It wouldn't make a lot of sense for OHC & CBC to crossover weeks 1-3 [if you mean sach school plays the opposing conference all 3 weeks] if you just mean each plays 1 crossover then some schools already do and for the most part possibly 4 teams would be competitive on an average basis...
So you only think there are 4 CBC teams that could compete with OHC teams?

On the Triad debate, I think they are marginally better and played a weaker schedule. I believe that was a good move in a rebuilding process and helps with playoff point for all, so thanks for that.

Did not get a great report from last weeks west vs west game but listened to the end and it sounded pretty dang exciting for either end.
Old 10-25-18, 07:50 AM
Freshman

cavfalcon7377 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevw fan View Post
That game was ugly for SCC from the 1st play on...i felt bad for those kids from SCC...what a horrible game to broadcast to TV..
I'm sure it has been brought up before, but what is happening with SCC? Is enrollment down or is it just down in football?
Old 10-25-18, 08:13 AM
Junior Varsity

Grevw fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavfalcon7377 View Post
I'm sure it has been brought up before, but what is happening with SCC? Is enrollment down or is it just down in football?

I'm not completely sure...but my opinion is that the the cost of enrolment....and the fact that Springfield has new public schools...the luster of being on a good football team is gone for those that wanted that...Moe Douglas has Springfield high school rolling so its easy to lure good players to that program...im sure their are alot more reasons that are unknown....i guess SCC jr.high has some numbers and are pretty good so time will tell...hope they get better....OHC south is getting better...just going to take some time
Old 10-25-18, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I was told that SCC only has around 145 high school kids presently, with only 60-65 boys. It's really hard to maintain decent football and soccer programs with those numbers.

As somebody that's familiar with them and that went to Catholic schools until junior high, the main problem IMO is grads leaving Springfield for college and never returning due to a lack of quality jobs in the area. Cost is definitely a factor, but they are running out of generational Catholic Central families that would be willing to sacrifice to pay the cost. You see this at their basketball games now that they've gotten better again. The fanbase is mainly people age 55 and older.

That's the main problem with their football program. At the moment they've run out of the right traditional Catholic kids that carried them through the 2000s and early 2010s, and through earlier good times. There aren't any Kelly's, Wagner's, DeWitt's, or kids of other such names that were predicably studs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk