Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-21-18, 04:44 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
This is just another example of the long list of irreconcilable differences between the right & left in this country. It may seem crazy to outsiders looking in but fights like this resemble the kinds of fights couples engage in before they divorce. I worry that we are a lot closer to a national divorce then anyone realizes.
would you stop already ?

The fights resemble agitated, self-centered marital squabbling because it is the same brand of idiots doing or promoting the squabbling. The disparate and fractious petty agendas can never be properly organized and aligned into real action by a large enough group that will commit to the sacrifice required to secede.
Old 04-21-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
As for the description by Eastisbest that Chick-Fil-A seems a bit cultish...

I understand where he's coming from. Not cultish in a religious sense, but because the business model is all about ultra-friendly "smiley" enthusiastic customer service, which is something you do not see much of anymore. People are really not used to that any longer. McDonald's was once a model of that, way back in the day, but that ended long ago in that chain. Now, they are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. The Culver's restaurant chain also exhibits the Chick-Fil-A model of customer service, as a general rule. I like both of those chains...service and food.
Old 04-21-18, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
would you stop already ?

The fights resemble agitated, self-centered marital squabbling because it is the same brand of idiots doing or promoting the squabbling. The disparate and fractious petty agendas can never be properly organized and aligned into real action by a large enough group that will commit to the sacrifice required to secede.
Your logic is unimpeachable Cabe but then again a quick glance at history shows that massive change can occur on a dime. As recently as 5 years ago I would have dismissed any talk of national dissolution as hyperbole. But that was before I saw the Deep State with the aid of one side of the political spectrum and the national media try to overturn the results of an election. This tells me we're in banana republic land and in banana republics it can fall apart in a heart beat.

I still believe we'll hold together as a nation but my confidence is a lot less then it was a decade ago. And I'm not the only one bringing this topic up. Recently a number of leading opinion annalists have been openly speculating about the unthinkable happening here.

I've posted this before but it bears repeating - I once read a book where the author asked the reader to take the 20 year test starting in 1900 & ending in 2000. All you needed to do was craft a mental description of the world in 1900, then create a new description for the world in 1920; then 1940 and so on. What this exercise teaches beyond question is that history is constantly changing and the changes can be enormous and fast. And no one, I mean NO ONE is exempt from history's tidal forces.
Old 04-21-18, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Your logic is unimpeachable Cabe but then again a quick glance at history shows that massive change can occur on a dime. As recently as 5 years ago I would have dismissed any talk of national dissolution as hyperbole. But that was before I saw the Deep State with the aid of one side of the political spectrum and the national media try to overturn the results of an election. This tells me we're in banana republic land and in banana republics it can fall apart in a heart beat.

I still believe we'll hold together as a nation but my confidence is a lot less then it was a decade ago. And I'm not the only one bringing this topic up. Recently a number of leading opinion annalists have been openly speculating about the unthinkable happening here.

I've posted this before but it bears repeating - I once read a book where the author asked the reader to take the 20 year test starting in 1900 & ending in 2000. All you needed to do was craft a mental description of the world in 1900, then create a new description for the world in 1920; then 1940 and so on. What this exercise teaches beyond question is that history is constantly changing and the changes can be enormous and fast. And no one, I mean NO ONE is exempt from history's tidal forces.
They are voting to break apart California...it's not far fetched.
Old 04-21-18, 05:23 PM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
It was only a couple years ago Texas was talking about leaving the Union.
Old 04-21-18, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
That might make sense, but they will have to come to their own separation agreement to split their federal legislative representation. We aren't minting any new ones that I can see.
Old 04-21-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
It was only a couple years ago Texas was talking about leaving the Union.
Alaska gets pretty bold when oil gets high enough, too.......blah, blah, blah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: