Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-11-18, 04:49 PM
Freshman

Johnny Sins is on a distinguished road
Any word on how today's scrimmage went?
Old 08-11-18, 07:53 PM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Sins View Post
Any word on how today's scrimmage went?
The team looked much improved. McKenzie and Caudill both looked very good and Verdon still has a lot of work to do. I don't think Rotello played any QB today and was used as an RB. The defense looked strong and could handle the option and caused several turnovers. Offensively we were able to move the ball better than on Wednesday. Both Princeton and Colerain will be good teams this year.
Old 08-11-18, 08:46 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
The team looked much improved. McKenzie and Caudill both looked very good and Verdon still has a lot of work to do. I don't think Rotello played any QB today and was used as an RB. The defense looked strong and could handle the option and caused several turnovers. Offensively we were able to move the ball better than on Wednesday. Both Princeton and Colerain will be good teams this year.
This Moe team will go as far as their offensive line improves. Not sure what scrimmage you watched but McKenzie had no time to throw, and their running game has a long way to go. Moe defense did look pretty good, and Moe kicking game looks very strong. Big Moe may have to win games with kicking game, field position and defense early on until their offense gets going.
Old 08-11-18, 08:54 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
This Moe team will go as far as their offensive line improves. Not sure what scrimmage you watched but McKenzie had no time to throw, and their running game has a long way to go. Moe defense did look pretty good, and Moe kicking game looks very strong. Big Moe may have to win games with kicking game, field position and defense early on until their offense gets going.
I didn't say the offense looked good but they certainly looked better. I agree that the QBs didn't have a whole lot of time but both McKenzie and Caudill made some nice throws when they were able to get time in the pocket.
Old 08-11-18, 09:59 PM
All Ohio

The Game
It is important to keep in mind that they have gone against two extremely fast, good and athletic defenses in Princeton and Colerain. I’m guessing they won’t go against better defenses until the X game.
Old 08-12-18, 09:47 PM
Freshman

Cory and Trevor is on a distinguished road
Scrimmage @ West Clermont on Thursday
Old 08-13-18, 10:06 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
I know you can't draw a lot from a picture, but the Freshmen class looks to be one of the biggest and most physical specimens I have seen in the last 30 years. Any comments on their performance thus far? GBM
Old 08-13-18, 11:11 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory and Trevor View Post
Scrimmage @ West Clermont on Thursday
@7pm
Old 08-13-18, 11:17 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
@7pm
Thanks. Is that the varsity time??
Old 08-13-18, 12:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
I know you can't draw a lot from a picture, but the Freshmen class looks to be one of the biggest and most physical specimens I have seen in the last 30 years. Any comments on their performance thus far? GBM
Where is the pic? i have heard the same about this class.
Old 08-13-18, 02:12 PM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where is the pic? i have heard the same about this class.
Go to letsgobigmoe.com, Menu (upper left hand corner), Fan Zone, photos (Crusader Individual/Team Photos)
Old 08-13-18, 02:21 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory and Trevor View Post
Thanks. Is that the varsity time??
Yes JV is 6:00
Old 08-13-18, 09:56 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Yes JV is 6:00
Thanks Kballer
Old 08-14-18, 11:16 AM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
Frosh has some big boys for sure
Old 08-15-18, 07:51 PM
Varsity

Fake Taxi's QB Camp Depth Chart vs. West Clermont
Rumor has it that West Clermont doesn't have a whole lot of team speed. QB and WR play should both be important this week as the Crusaders QBs will have plenty of opportunities to throw the deep ball as long as the o-line provides them with ample time. Here's my projected depth chart.

1. Mitch McKenzie (Sr.)
2. Daniel Caudill (Jr.)
3. Malik Verdon (So.)

McKenzie and Caudill are very similar and they fit into the new offense very well. Not much of a gap in the talent between these two. Verdon won't play a whole lot unless the Crusaders put in some type of wildcat package centered around him. Caudill is closer to McKenzie than Verdon is to Caudill in terms of talent.
Old 08-16-18, 07:34 AM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff Fake Taxi. So does anyone know if Verdon is the starting JV QB? Earlier someone said Rotello, who was the frosh QB last year, is playing RB on varsity so does that mean Verdon is the starting JV QB? If so he will get a lot of reps on Saturday's playing in JV games. I know you don't want to play your second string QB in JV games but Caudill will need to get some reps if he's not the varsity starter so do you play him down for a couple of series in JV games to keep him polished or is he going to get reps on Friday nights? I've said it before it's sure nice to have options at the QB position for a change.
Old 08-16-18, 12:16 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Good stuff Fake Taxi. So does anyone know if Verdon is the starting JV QB? Earlier someone said Rotello, who was the frosh QB last year, is playing RB on varsity so does that mean Verdon is the starting JV QB? If so he will get a lot of reps on Saturday's playing in JV games. I know you don't want to play your second string QB in JV games but Caudill will need to get some reps if he's not the varsity starter so do you play him down for a couple of series in JV games to keep him polished or is he going to get reps on Friday nights? I've said it before it's sure nice to have options at the QB position for a change.
Unless Verdon is used extensively as a wildcat QB on Friday nights he would likely be the jv starter. Rotello is playing RB right now and Cloud is ineligible for the first five games so Verdon would be their only choice unless they have Caudill play in jv games which I don't think will happen. It's always a tough choice for coaches when deciding whether or not they want to play a non-senior backup QB in a jv game. On one hand a backup needs game experience but on the other hand you also don't want your second option getting hurt.
Old 08-16-18, 12:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
Unless Verdon is used extensively as a wildcat QB on Friday nights he would likely be the jv starter. Rotello is playing RB right now and Cloud is ineligible for the first five games so Verdon would be their only choice unless they have Caudill play in jv games which I don't think will happen. It's always a tough choice for coaches when deciding whether or not they want to play a non-senior backup QB in a jv game. On one hand a backup needs game experience but on the other hand you also don't want your second option getting hurt.
Is Verdon eligible for the entire season/playoffs? He appears to be very athletic and a player Moe probably needs to get on the field in some capacity. Up the the new staff to figure out where!
Old 08-16-18, 09:43 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Is Verdon eligible for the entire season/playoffs? He appears to be very athletic and a player Moe probably needs to get on the field in some capacity. Up the the new staff to figure out where!
He was the JV quarterback tonight in the final scrimmage.
Old 08-16-18, 09:49 PM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
Verdon is confirmed eligible for the entire season