Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #391  
Old 08-11-18, 04:49 PM
Johnny Sins Johnny Sins is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-29-18
Posts: 19
Johnny Sins is on a distinguished road
Any word on how today's scrimmage went?
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 08-11-18, 07:53 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 66
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Sins View Post
Any word on how today's scrimmage went?
The team looked much improved. McKenzie and Caudill both looked very good and Verdon still has a lot of work to do. I don't think Rotello played any QB today and was used as an RB. The defense looked strong and could handle the option and caused several turnovers. Offensively we were able to move the ball better than on Wednesday. Both Princeton and Colerain will be good teams this year.
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 08-11-18, 08:46 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,916
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
The team looked much improved. McKenzie and Caudill both looked very good and Verdon still has a lot of work to do. I don't think Rotello played any QB today and was used as an RB. The defense looked strong and could handle the option and caused several turnovers. Offensively we were able to move the ball better than on Wednesday. Both Princeton and Colerain will be good teams this year.
This Moe team will go as far as their offensive line improves. Not sure what scrimmage you watched but McKenzie had no time to throw, and their running game has a long way to go. Moe defense did look pretty good, and Moe kicking game looks very strong. Big Moe may have to win games with kicking game, field position and defense early on until their offense gets going.
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 08-11-18, 08:54 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 66
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
This Moe team will go as far as their offensive line improves. Not sure what scrimmage you watched but McKenzie had no time to throw, and their running game has a long way to go. Moe defense did look pretty good, and Moe kicking game looks very strong. Big Moe may have to win games with kicking game, field position and defense early on until their offense gets going.
I didn't say the offense looked good but they certainly looked better. I agree that the QBs didn't have a whole lot of time but both McKenzie and Caudill made some nice throws when they were able to get time in the pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 08-11-18, 09:59 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 985
The Game
It is important to keep in mind that they have gone against two extremely fast, good and athletic defenses in Princeton and Colerain. I’m guessing they won’t go against better defenses until the X game.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 08-12-18, 09:47 PM
Cory and Trevor Cory and Trevor is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-12-18
Posts: 3
Cory and Trevor is on a distinguished road
Scrimmage @ West Clermont on Thursday
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 08-13-18, 10:06 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,092
birdog is on a distinguished road
I know you can't draw a lot from a picture, but the Freshmen class looks to be one of the biggest and most physical specimens I have seen in the last 30 years. Any comments on their performance thus far? GBM
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 08-13-18, 11:11 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,997
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory and Trevor View Post
Scrimmage @ West Clermont on Thursday
@7pm
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 08-13-18, 11:17 AM
Cory and Trevor Cory and Trevor is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-12-18
Posts: 3
Cory and Trevor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
@7pm
Thanks. Is that the varsity time??
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 08-13-18, 12:35 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,916
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
I know you can't draw a lot from a picture, but the Freshmen class looks to be one of the biggest and most physical specimens I have seen in the last 30 years. Any comments on their performance thus far? GBM
Where is the pic? i have heard the same about this class.
Reply With Quote
  #401  
Old 08-13-18, 02:12 PM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,092
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Where is the pic? i have heard the same about this class.
Go to letsgobigmoe.com, Menu (upper left hand corner), Fan Zone, photos (Crusader Individual/Team Photos)
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 08-13-18, 02:21 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,997
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory and Trevor View Post
Thanks. Is that the varsity time??
Yes JV is 6:00
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 08-13-18, 09:56 PM
Cory and Trevor Cory and Trevor is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-12-18
Posts: 3
Cory and Trevor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Yes JV is 6:00
Thanks Kballer
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 08-14-18, 11:16 AM
ArnoldRothstien ArnoldRothstien is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-14-18
Posts: 29
ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
Frosh has some big boys for sure
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 08-15-18, 07:51 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 66
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Fake Taxi's QB Camp Depth Chart vs. West Clermont
Rumor has it that West Clermont doesn't have a whole lot of team speed. QB and WR play should both be important this week as the Crusaders QBs will have plenty of opportunities to throw the deep ball as long as the o-line provides them with ample time. Here's my projected depth chart.

1. Mitch McKenzie (Sr.)
2. Daniel Caudill (Jr.)
3. Malik Verdon (So.)

McKenzie and Caudill are very similar and they fit into the new offense very well. Not much of a gap in the talent between these two. Verdon won't play a whole lot unless the Crusaders put in some type of wildcat package centered around him. Caudill is closer to McKenzie than Verdon is to Caudill in terms of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 08-16-18, 07:34 AM
Redskins1 Redskins1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-16
Posts: 147
Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff Fake Taxi. So does anyone know if Verdon is the starting JV QB? Earlier someone said Rotello, who was the frosh QB last year, is playing RB on varsity so does that mean Verdon is the starting JV QB? If so he will get a lot of reps on Saturday's playing in JV games. I know you don't want to play your second string QB in JV games but Caudill will need to get some reps if he's not the varsity starter so do you play him down for a couple of series in JV games to keep him polished or is he going to get reps on Friday nights? I've said it before it's sure nice to have options at the QB position for a change.
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 08-16-18, 12:16 PM
Fake Taxi Fake Taxi is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-12-16
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 66
Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Good stuff Fake Taxi. So does anyone know if Verdon is the starting JV QB? Earlier someone said Rotello, who was the frosh QB last year, is playing RB on varsity so does that mean Verdon is the starting JV QB? If so he will get a lot of reps on Saturday's playing in JV games. I know you don't want to play your second string QB in JV games but Caudill will need to get some reps if he's not the varsity starter so do you play him down for a couple of series in JV games to keep him polished or is he going to get reps on Friday nights? I've said it before it's sure nice to have options at the QB position for a change.
Unless Verdon is used extensively as a wildcat QB on Friday nights he would likely be the jv starter. Rotello is playing RB right now and Cloud is ineligible for the first five games so Verdon would be their only choice unless they have Caudill play in jv games which I don't think will happen. It's always a tough choice for coaches when deciding whether or not they want to play a non-senior backup QB in a jv game. On one hand a backup needs game experience but on the other hand you also don't want your second option getting hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 08-16-18, 12:49 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,916
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
Unless Verdon is used extensively as a wildcat QB on Friday nights he would likely be the jv starter. Rotello is playing RB right now and Cloud is ineligible for the first five games so Verdon would be their only choice unless they have Caudill play in jv games which I don't think will happen. It's always a tough choice for coaches when deciding whether or not they want to play a non-senior backup QB in a jv game. On one hand a backup needs game experience but on the other hand you also don't want your second option getting hurt.
Is Verdon eligible for the entire season/playoffs? He appears to be very athletic and a player Moe probably needs to get on the field in some capacity. Up the the new staff to figure out where!
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 08-16-18, 09:43 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 985
The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Is Verdon eligible for the entire season/playoffs? He appears to be very athletic and a player Moe probably needs to get on the field in some capacity. Up the the new staff to figure out where!
He was the JV quarterback tonight in the final scrimmage.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 08-16-18, 09:49 PM
ArnoldRothstien ArnoldRothstien is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-14-18
Posts: 29
ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
Verdon is confirmed eligible for the entire season
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 329 08-16-18 03:44 PM
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 362 08-14-18 09:35 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz