Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > National Football Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-10, 02:36 PM
Cooling Off

Just Win Baby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnerone02 View Post
i was looking at some of those pics and i tend to notice a few pics of high school girls in the stands, mainly their butts. now isnt that alittle strange

I especially like how the pervert who posted these pics has the balls to say "young lady if you were my daughter"...in the caption on the last line of pics. What woudl he do if she was his daughter....hmmm!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-10, 06:52 PM
All World

pied
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCDad View Post
The SLC stadium expansion will happen this summer. The home side will be expanded by about 2,000 bringing the total capacity to around 11,000.

Perhaps more interesting is that the stadium is getting a new video scoreboard at a cost of about $850,000. The school district did not think that tax payer money should be used for the video board so they contracted with Daktronics Sports Marketing (South Dakota) to install the scoreboard. Daktronics will pay for the scoreboard and then share the revenue it generates with the school district.

A new sound system will also be installed in the 10 year old stadium.

It will be state-of-the-art and very cool.

http://www.star-telegram.com/schools/story/1939326.html

The picture in the link is the old scoreboard.
So Dragon stadium was only 9,000 for all these years, I guess.
A bit smaller than a year ago.

Quote:
It appears SLC will invest $6.9M to expand and upgrade it's nine year old, 10,000 seat stadium. Home side seating will be expanded bringing total stadium seating to just under 12,000. Also included in the upgrade are video capability, a new sound system and the field turf will be replaced.

The stadium expansion is part of a $150M bond packaage that will be presented to the voters in 2009. The school district has the ability to pay the new bond without raising taxes.

Expansion of the home side is badly needed.

Here is the current stadium: http://www.pbase.com/craig_c/texas_high_school_football
Since the $6.9M doesn't include the scoreboard, that comes out to $3,450 a seat. Since I serioulsly doubt you need the expansion for soccer/track/band, what's the ROI?

Assuming a $200 cost per year per ticket, they should be paid off in 17 years. I'm sure the class of 2028 appreciaets those extra seats.
Old 02-10-10, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied View Post
So Dragon stadium was only 9,000 for all these years, I guess. A bit smaller than a year ago.

Since the $6.9M doesn't include the scoreboard, that comes out to $3,450 a seat. Since I serioulsly doubt you need the expansion for soccer/track/band, what's the ROI?

Assuming a $200 cost per year per ticket, they should be paid off in 17 years. I'm sure the class of 2028 appreciaets those extra seats.
Pied, you are back to your old self. LOL

The bond was approved for $6.9M which included stadium expansion, video capability, new turf, new sound system, etc. Now, the school doesn't need to spend all of the money approved by the tax payers because an outside firm will pay for the video scoreboard. (By the way, SLC also saved a lot of money using Obama's stimulus money to subsidize the interest payments on this and older bonds already issued.)

The new turf has already been installed.

As for the stadium size, it was built with around 7,500 seats. About 2,000 endzone seats were added by the major league soccer club who used the stadium for 2 years. Now almost 2,000 more are being added to the home side. That makes the new total around 11,000 to 12,000 seats but I haven't counted them.

As for the ROI who knows? There is more revenue than just ticket sales. I think it's appropriate for a school district to provide enough seats for the residents to attend the games. Don't you?
Old 02-10-10, 01:16 PM
All World

pied
Quote:
Pied, you are back to your old self. LOL

The bond was approved for $6.9M which included stadium expansion, video capability, new turf, new sound system, etc. Now, the school doesn't need to spend all of the money approved by the tax payers because an outside firm will pay for the video scoreboard. (By the way, SLC also saved a lot of money using Obama's stimulus money to subsidize the interest payments on this and older bonds already issued.)

The new turf has already been installed.

As for the stadium size, it was built with around 7,500 seats. About 2,000 endzone seats were added by the major league soccer club who used the stadium for 2 years. Now almost 2,000 more are being added to the home side. That makes the new total around 11,000 to 12,000 seats but I haven't counted them.

As for the ROI who knows? There is more revenue than just ticket sales. I think it's appropriate for a school district to provide enough seats for the residents to attend the games. Don't you?

Good point, we all know governments are well known for not spending all the money allocated them.

It depends on the cost/benefit. How many more than the 9,000 were being turned away on a regular basis? How consistent was that demand? What are the alternatives? Are there stadiums larger than 9,000 that could be utilized in the local area?
Old 02-10-10, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
Good point, we all know governments are well known for not spending all the money allocated them.

It depends on the cost/benefit. How many more than the 9,000 were being turned away on a regular basis? How consistent was that demand? What are the alternatives? Are there stadiums larger than 9,000 that could be utilized in the local area?
The Southlake school district has a history of paying off their bonds many years early. They've also lowered taxes significantly.

As for fans being turned away, I know it happened at least twice last year. There were at least two sell outs, maybe more.

The bigger problem is home side seating. Fans are turned away from getting a seat on the home side every game. That's why the home side is being expanded.
Old 02-10-10, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
Are there stadiums larger than 9,000 that could be utilized in the local area?
Are you kidding? SLC will ALWAYS play their home games at home. The stadium expansion bond election passed by a very large margin. It wasn't even close.

SLC residents wanted a larger stadium and next season they will have it.
Old 02-10-10, 01:58 PM
All World

pied
Quote:
Are you kidding? SLC will ALWAYS play their home games at home. The stadium expansion bond election passed by a very large margin. It wasn't even close.

SLC residents wanted a larger stadium and next season they will have it.
That wasn't your question. Your question was:

I think it's appropriate for a school district to provide enough seats for the residents to attend the games. Don't you?

To your point, and based on your response, I am not certain that extra demand two times a year requires a stadium to be increased.

At least two sell outs a year at a 9,000 seat stadium isn't that astounding nor a mandate to increase the stadium in my opinion.
Old 02-10-10, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
I think it's appropriate for a school district to provide enough seats for the residents to attend the games. Don't you?

To your point, and based on your response, I am not certain that extra demand two times a year requires a stadium to be increased.

At least two sell outs a year at a 9,000 seat stadium isn't that astounding nor a mandate to increase the stadium in my opinion.
You obivously have never sat on the home side at Dragon Stadium. You have to arrive 1 hour early to get a seat or camp out overnight to get the coveted reserved seats when a few open up each year.

The expansion was sorely needed.
Old 02-10-10, 04:24 PM
All World

pied
Quote:
You obivously have never sat on the home side at Dragon Stadium. You have to arrive 1 hour early to get a seat or camp out overnight to get the coveted reserved seats when a few open up each year.

The expansion was sorely needed.

Needed is a debatable term, wanted seems more accurate in my opinion. If there are seats open, how much of a value add is it? In addition, when a lot of the band/drill team parents leave at half time, I think that would be part of the discussion.
Old 02-10-10, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
Needed is a debatable term, wanted seems more accurate in my opinion. If there are seats open, how much of a value add is it? In addition, when a lot of the band/drill team parents leave at half time, I think that would be part of the discussion.
I'm glad that most people in Southlake disagree with you because the stadium is being expanded and a state of the art video board and sound system are being installed.

This will make Dragon Stadium as good a place to watch high school as can be found anywhere and I, for one, am going to enjoy it.
Old 02-10-10, 07:18 PM
All World

pied
Quote:
I'm glad that most people in Southlake disagree with you because the stadium is being expanded and a state of the art video board and sound system are being installed.

This will make Dragon Stadium as good a place to watch high school as can be found anywhere and I, for one, am going to enjoy it.
So a need in Southlake is to enjoy a football game.

I guess we have different definitions of want and need.
Old 02-20-10, 01:55 AM
All World

WrongPerson
Been to two SLC games so far, they don't need more seating, more video boards or more anything. What they need is for a few of the fans to stop sitting on their hands and cheer for once. I've seen little league baseball games outmatch the atmosphere there.
Old 03-02-10, 10:27 AM
Junior Varsity

da hawaiian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongPerson View Post
Been to two SLC games so far, they don't need more seating, more video boards or more anything. What they need is for a few of the fans to stop sitting on their hands and cheer for once. I've seen little league baseball games outmatch the atmosphere there.
Comes with success. Euless Trinity has some of the lamest fans. Don't count me one of them - I'm absolutely rabid with enthusiasm.

Hey, how can HEBISD get some of those Obama dollars for a videoboard and field turf resurfacing?
Old 03-14-10, 09:35 PM
homesick

WoodyHayes is on a distinguished road
Good Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongPerson View Post
As far as football is concerned, the great days of SLC are gone. I agree with Pied. The wants and needs are very different. The Dragons may win another title some day but the days of domination are over. So the egos say we now must have the best scoreboard, video boards etc. But do not forget about the band parents parking cars. I have gotta go check it out next year.
I will be easy top spot on the video board. Look for the Lolitas and I will be in the middle. Divorce rate is sky high in S. Lake.
Old 04-01-10, 12:59 AM
All World

WrongPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by da hawaiian View Post
Comes with success. Euless Trinity has some of the lamest fans. Don't count me one of them - I'm absolutely rabid with enthusiasm.

Hey, how can HEBISD get some of those Obama dollars for a videoboard and field turf resurfacing?
Went in to both games in 2006...still a bad atmosphere
Old 08-20-10, 06:58 PM
homesick

WoodyHayes is on a distinguished road
How Far We Have Fallen

It is a shame to see how far this once vaunted program has fallen. New stadium and all it is just a shame. When the top programs are mentioned and title hopes are being talked about, the Dragons are not even mentioned. One returning starter on each side of the ball. No wonder Daddy Oh has been so quiet.
Dad - Think maybe I can take ya out to dinner and come down and catch a game with ya. The Dragons will look respectable until they get about two games deep in the playoffs and they are gonna get torched.
Old 08-24-10, 11:06 AM
All Region

elwood is on a distinguished road
who says that Texans aren't cerebral...
Old 01-05-11, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

SLCDad
I thought the board might like to see pictures of the SLC Dragon Stadium expansion that was completed before the 2010 season. The Texas Bob's stadium database now shows the seating capacity at 12,600.

Old:

New:
Old 01-05-11, 11:13 AM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Here is the new scoreboard and video board.

Old 01-07-11, 12:37 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
One more with people. This would have been an early regular season game because it's obviously still warm.

Old 02-04-11, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

Copley EB 2008 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It appears SLC will invest $6.9M to expand and upgrade it's nine year old, 10,000 seat stadium. Home side seating will be expanded bringing total stadium seating to just under 12,000. Also included in the upgrade are video capability, a new sound system and the field turf will be replaced.

The stadium expansion is part of a $150M bond packaage that will be presented to the voters in 2009. The school district has the ability to pay the new bond without raising taxes.

Expansion of the home side is badly needed.

Here is the current stadium: http://www.pbase.com/craig_c/texas_high_school_football
100% worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: