Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-14-07, 11:23 PM
Moderated User

keepitreal85 is on a distinguished road
I am curious myself
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-07, 08:06 AM
All District

Justagame is on a distinguished road
The reason our league is not known for D-1 prospects is because most of those prospects understand that the best way to get to those D-1 schools is through the likes of the GCL or transfering to the larger D-1 high schools. The CHL is a great small school conference with a rich history of success and rivalry competition. We shouldn't get so rapped up into who's going D-1 in college but who's going to contribute to the success of their team in high school. There is talent all through the league and in about six weeks we will be able to see who best coordinates that talent into a winning year.
Old 07-15-07, 09:53 AM
Varsity

hit master is on a distinguished road
I'm not saying that the CHL is not talented truth be told not many player in all cincinnati get Div 1 offers
Old 07-15-07, 10:52 AM
All American

dogsofwar is on a distinguished road
There are alot more than you might be aware of hit master.
Old 07-15-07, 11:44 AM
Freshman

DaBigBoyGame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketballer08 View Post
mages is waaayyy to slow to be d1
That is a definate false statement. Mages is one of the hardest workers on that team, and has great hands. He is without a doubt a sub 4.6 runner. and I know that people play division one at the wide receiver position who are even slower than that. He has great field speed and great skill. Just give him the chance to break out. Watch....
Old 07-15-07, 12:47 PM
All District

csg62 is on a distinguished road
Di

DI players start for their high school team as a sophomore, sometimes as a freshman. They are stars their junior year, sometimes sophomore year and usually offered before their senior year begins. I don't think the kid your talking about is in the category.
Old 07-15-07, 01:30 PM
Moderated User

keepitreal85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg62 View Post
DI players start for their high school team as a sophomore, sometimes as a freshman. They are stars their junior year, sometimes sophomore year and usually offered before their senior year begins. I don't think the kid your talking about is in the category.
Yeah this can be true, but I believe Wyoming has many late bloomers on this team, I'm not sayin all D1, but every starter they have this year could play college football somewhere (d1,d1aa,d2,d3,etc)
Old 07-15-07, 03:37 PM
Varsity

goreds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitreal85 View Post
Yeah this can be true, but I believe Wyoming has many late bloomers on this team, I'm not sayin all D1, but every starter they have this year could play college football somewhere (d1,d1aa,d2,d3,etc)
ha ha ha this is non sense !!
Old 07-15-07, 03:52 PM
Junior Varsity

EPIC99 is on a distinguished road
As usual the Wyoming PR machine is running strong. Certainly, they have some good players, but not the whole starting team. Deer Park has a great team returning - Rascona is one of the best all round athletes to play in the CHL in the last 10+ years. All city in soccer and football as a junior, a great point guard in basketball - a tough competitor. He is capable of turning a game around. Indian Hill should do well, Reading is always tough and Finneytown will compete. I don't want to sinlge out any Finneytown players, because if they are going to win it all, they have to be a team and not get hung up on individual success.

I look at IH, Finneytown and Deer Park competing strong, followed by Wyoming and Reading. Mariemont will surprise some people, Madeira and Taylor will continue to rebuild.
Old 07-15-07, 07:19 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIC99 View Post

I look at IH, Finneytown and Deer Park competing strong, followed by Wyoming and Reading. Mariemont will surprise some people, Madeira and Taylor will continue to rebuild.
How can you put wyoming out of the top three..
Old 07-15-07, 10:37 PM
All Yappi

crusader3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hit master View Post
The reality is there may only be 2 or 3 players in the in the CHL that could get Div. 1 offers. Let's not bang on any players but pat them on the back for the hard work they do to get ready for the season.
Well, Wyoming has 2 kids who already have D1 offers.

Larry Black is committed to Purdue and DE Jordan Bright has an offer from Marshall. Junior Jacob Green will also have D1 offers. He has D1-AA offers right now as a soon to be junior.
Old 07-15-07, 10:39 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader3 View Post
Well, Wyoming has 2 kids who already have D1 offers.

Larry Black is committed to Purdue and DE Jordan Bright has an offer from Marshall. Junior Jacob Green will also have D1 offers. He has D1-AA offers right now as a soon to be junior.
Black has commited to Indiana but the rest is true????????
Old 07-16-07, 08:52 AM
Varsity

hit master is on a distinguished road
Let's get off the offers topic and talk football most everyone starts a mini camp today.
Old 07-16-07, 03:37 PM
All District

beefjunky
i agree scholarships mean NOTHING. I watched a team with several D1 prospects (Trotwood) get hammered by a team with virtually no D1 prospects (Edgewood) last year. Talent does not always make the best TEAM.

Let the colleges figure out who is D1 and who is not, let us just worry about who is going to win games and who is not.
Old 07-16-07, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

crusader3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjunky View Post
i agree scholarships mean NOTHING. I watched a team with several D1 prospects (Trotwood) get hammered by a team with virtually no D1 prospects (Edgewood) last year. Talent does not always make the best TEAM.

Let the colleges figure out who is D1 and who is not, let us just worry about who is going to win games and who is not.
I was just responding to the guy that said the CHL will only get 2 or 3 D1 players.
Old 07-16-07, 07:39 PM
All American

Just came from DP summer camp and the Cats are looking BIG,STRONG,FAST AND VERY HUNGRY.Looks like it will indeed be a very interesting season.CHL, Lets Get It On !!!
GO WILDCATS
Old 07-16-07, 07:59 PM
All American

Is the turf at Madiera going to be ready come game time stangfan ??
Old 07-17-07, 09:33 AM
Junior Varsity

24/7 is on a distinguished road
How are 7 on 7s going?
Old 07-17-07, 10:08 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
How are 7 on 7s going?
Its a big one today with WYoming and Indian hill and other teams at Norwood @ 5
Old 07-17-07, 10:36 AM
All District

beefjunky
I believe that there is a 7-on-7 today at norwood and it will be a quad with wyoming, finneytown, norwood, and taft. Not a bad set of teams.
Old 07-19-07, 12:31 PM
All District

wormer
Quote:
I believe that there is a 7-on-7 today at norwood and it will be a quad with wyoming, finneytown, norwood, and taft. Not a bad set of teams.
well, what's the report on the 7 on 7?
Old 07-19-07, 05:59 PM
All District

beefjunky
Honestly, I thought things looked fairly even. Taft was not quite at the level I thought they would be. Norwood was very efficient even though they don't look to have a lot of big play guys. Finneytown and Wyoming played pretty close to a draw. Wyomings quarterback was better and more acurate, but finneytown's outside recievers were the best out of all four teams playing. Defensively, finneytown had the better corners, but wyomings lb and safetys played better football.

Finneytown should be able to put up points on wyoming through the air (given they get a little protection), but I would expect wyoming to be able to put points up on the ground as usuall. My first guess would be a close high scoring affair.
Old 07-19-07, 09:39 PM
All Yappi

crusader3
Quote:
Finneytown should be able to put up points on wyoming through the air (given they get a little protection), but I would expect wyoming to be able to put points up on the ground as usuall. My first guess would be a close high scoring affair.
One thing that doesn't show up in these 7 on 7's is the offensive and defensive line. Let's not forget that Wyoming's 2 defensive ends are D1 level players. Jordan Bright and Larry Black are the two best defensive lineman in the league. Is Finneytown's line decent enought to keep Wyoming's line out?
Old 07-19-07, 10:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader3 View Post
One thing that doesn't show up in these 7 on 7's is the offensive and defensive line. Let's not forget that Wyoming's 2 defensive ends are D1 level players. Jordan Bright and Larry Black are the two best defensive lineman in the league. Is Finneytown's line decent enought to keep Wyoming's line out?
ha ha i really doubt that with everything. No one will block these two this year. No one really did last year.
Old 07-20-07, 06:03 AM
Varsity

The Point is on a distinguished road
check the tapes

In response to "goreds" regarding certain def.ends not really being blocked
last year. He must have messed one game last year.Because, mr. bright
pretty much got man-handled.Getting driven out of bounds on an off-
tackle play is in my book, is being blocked.
Old 07-20-07, 06:34 AM
All Region

greenwave20
I am not saying they will beat Wyoming, but Finneytown may have more skill than anyone in the league. they always struggle upfront each year but they have improved over the last few years and coach taylor will improve them even more. matt reinert will be one of the best and most underrated kids in the league. he is in the weightroom daily and will be FB and LB. He may be one of the strongest kids in the league. This senior class has been to the playoffs and have just come off a 7-3 season. Look for them to come together and make some noise. they will have a tough opener against northwest, but if they get off to a 1-0 start, look out. Their first half of the schedule is nice. Good start might turn into a better finish.

the wyoming DL is always tough and physical. Black and Bright will be tough, and their offense will improve on last year. IH, Finneytotwn and Wyoming should be the front runners of the league. I think DP was a little hyped for this year. Losing Beard and Miller will hurt in the "leadership" department.

Welling is a bit overrated. What all did he do last year?

Mariemont and Madeira will struggle in another tough year in the CHL.
Old 07-20-07, 10:14 AM
All American

Cantrell
Oh come on now, Weiling was all-state last year. Yes he spent most of his time blocking for Beckman on offense , but we will see this year. Deer Park will be fine. I always worry about Finneytown mentally they beat Reading last year but almost gave the game away at the end.
Old 07-20-07, 10:43 AM
All District

beefjunky
crusader, of course the lines are not there, but if wyoming players think like you do and take a team like finneytown lightly, they could be in trouble. Yes bright and black are good players, but you can always counter good DE who like to get to the passer by running inside and by using the quick passing game. You don't have to believe me, but from what I saw, the finneytown receivers won't need a lot of time to get open. Especially since they are much bigger than the cb's wyoming had on the field for the 7 - on - 7.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I don't see wyoming cruising past finneytown, this year. or indian hill or deer park for that matter. The talent level is very even.
Old 07-20-07, 01:06 PM
All District

Justagame is on a distinguished road
The only cruising in the league this year will be past Taylor. Even Mariemont and Madeira can scare any team at any time. I agree that again this year it will come down to Wyoming, Finneytown and IH as the teams to beat and I only include Finneytown because they have great athletic ability and Coach Taylors' forte is being able to recruit and hold onto those players. This has been lacking at finneytown up until two or three years ago. Never look past anyone in this league or you're surely setting yourself up for upset. (Finneytown vs. IH in 2004). 5 more weeks before the party begins!
Old 07-20-07, 02:18 PM
All Region

greenwave20
cantrell, what did Weiling do? Stats???

Finneytown and IH's wide receivers are arguable best in the CITY !!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: