Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-21-18, 10:13 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Spartan, I see Flowers announced he was transferring from Pitt in May. He land anywhere yet?

I hope he did not loan money to the sheriff?

Off season trivia: Three baseball HOFers are buried in NWOhio. Name them.

Bonus: Only ONE MLB HOFer was born, raised, and died in Toledo, OH. Name him.
Nothing? Not even a wise crack from eastisbest that I asked baseball trivia in a football thread?

Nothing from CC fans? Even though the Toledo born HOFer was an Irish grad? On a year when Jase Bowen made PBR's super 25 baseball players from Ohio? Tied for POY in D1 no less?

Cmon fellas...
Old 06-22-18, 02:45 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Baseball? Without googling, the only connections I make between Toledo and baseball, let alone HOF are Joe E Brown, Fleetwood Walker and Mud Hens. Was Drago from Toledo?
Old 06-22-18, 05:05 AM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
The Spartans will be rebuilding this year. A bunch of youth.. Hopefully the lumps we take this year will pan out later.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-18, 06:09 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Nothing? Not even a wise crack from eastisbest that I asked baseball trivia in a football thread?

Nothing from CC fans? Even though the Toledo born HOFer was an Irish grad? On a year when Jase Bowen made PBR's super 25 baseball players from Ohio? Tied for POY in D1 no less?

Cmon fellas...
Wild guess Friday.....Frank Gilhooley?
Old 06-22-18, 08:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Baseball? Without googling, the only connections I make between Toledo and baseball, let alone HOF are Joe E Brown, Fleetwood Walker and Mud Hens. Was Drago from Toledo?
Drago was a Toledo guy but not a HOFer. Woodward grad.
Old 06-22-18, 09:24 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Wild guess Friday.....Frank Gilhooley?
Man I thought you'd nail this. Roger Bresnahan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bresnahan

Here is the PBR All-State Super 25 (All-Divisions). Jase Bowen puts up video game numbers. POY as a junior amongst Ohio's top players. Most coaches are lucky to get one Dane Sanzenbacher in their career and Dempsey will have two. Jase Bowen is pretty darn special.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/n...eam-5918670423

He has a legit opportunity to be drafted quite high, which is rare in these parts for a position player (non-90's throwing pitcher).

He attended an Under Armour invite only camp for football in Cleveland back in March and wowed.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-To...Dame-115892011
Old 06-22-18, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Man I thought you'd nail this. Roger Bresnahan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bresnahan
If that information is correct, something isn’t making sense. My son is a sophomore at Central Catholic and he’s a member of the 100th graduating class of the school. If Mr Bresnahan graduated from Toledo Central in the 1800’s he sounds more like a Johnnie hooper than an Irish baseball player. Not sure Toled Central and Toledo Central Catholic.
Old 06-22-18, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Text: Toledo High School opened in 1854 on the site of the city’s first log schoolhouse. After an 1895 fire, it was rebuilt and named Central High School. The facility closed in 1914 with the opening of Scott and Waite high schools. It reopened as Woodward Technical School and later became Vocational High. The building was razed in 1938 for construction of the Toledo Public Library.

from "toledosattic.org"
Old 06-22-18, 05:58 PM
All World

Parents were Irish immigrants I kind of thought the CC thing fit. Turns out he just a measly public school kid all along.
Old 06-23-18, 05:17 PM
All World

Whitmer's Cavon Butler offered by Alabama today.
Old 07-16-18, 10:24 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Young athletes in Fremont got good news today. Fremont City Schools will no longer charge pay to participate fees to families of kids involved in extra-curricular activities.
Old 07-16-18, 10:26 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontKeith View Post
Young athletes in Fremont got good news today. Fremont City Schools will no longer charge pay to participate fees to families of kids involved in extra-curricular activities.
I detest pay-to-play.
Old 07-16-18, 12:52 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontKeith View Post
That should help all their sports teams out.
Old 07-16-18, 07:57 PM
Junior Varsity

North LS is on a distinguished road
Yes Fremont is no longer pay to play! Athletics site confirms.Were evaluating some underclassman over there.I anticipate a numbers increase.
Good for fremont.
Old 08-03-18, 04:20 PM
All World

Toledo Whitmer DE Cavon Butler committed to Kentucky today. Cavon held other offers from MAC schools, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Pitt, and Alabama.
Old 08-15-18, 06:50 PM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
So what's the new transfer rule all about? I'm sure every team has some transfers looking to make an impact this season. A kid transferring from a private to another private school has to sit how many games and which ones? What about public to private and vice-versa?
Old 08-20-18, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

You need a degree in combinatorics.

The local making appearance of getting back into the reporting game, regards high school football. Several articles that weren't blather, well balanced over the leagues. They do this in all their departments, might be worth paying to kill some trees again.

Always wondered why they stopped letting their writers write. I think all those boorish vendettas they went on, Noe, some stupid courthouse,... No one really cares what some over rich inheritor thinks. Let the common people write. Let them write stories about Toledo, ALL of toledo and I think it survives. And put the bikini back into the Peach section. If it weren't for the Peach section, I'd have never even heard of Corpus Christi.
Old 08-20-18, 05:19 PM
All World

Quote:
You need a degree in combinatorics.

The local making appearance of getting back into the reporting game, regards high school football. Several articles that weren't blather, well balanced over the leagues. They do this in all their departments, might be worth paying to kill some trees again.

Always wondered why they stopped letting their writers write. I think all those boorish vendettas they went on, Noe, some stupid courthouse,... No one really cares what some over rich inheritor thinks. Let the common people write. Let them write stories about Toledo, ALL of toledo and I think it survives. And put the bikini back into the Peach section. If it weren't for the Peach section, I'd have never even heard of Corpus Christi.
Noe, Seneca Courthouse, Dogs (Woodville), Skeldon, Whitmer...

Now Keith Burris believes he will revolutionize Toledo as the nations greatest Trumpet.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-Scho...es/20180820105

Good Lord folks learn to give a player an inch and maybe 10lbs. Keller is a legit 6'1"/6'2" and 210lbs. Gucciardo is nowhere near 6'2" and 175 is kind. Mark Monroe had to of had a double take when told 6'2". I think the kid is good, and he throws a beautiful ball (Gooch trademark - all of his QB's have done so) but he is not a D-I guy. He is probably not a D-II guy. However, he will probably make a good D-III program really happy. IF Gooch is 6'2" and Pat Carroll is 6'7" then Riley Keller is 6'4".

Any camp worth their salt makes you take off your shoes and curl your toes up when taking height.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-Scho...es/20180816060

Here is another doozy. We had a similar thread on here recently talking about the TRAC venues and we all can argue about some over others but AW? Perrysburg? Perrysburg just retooled their stands but that place has never stood out as a great venue. The Jackets still struggle to "pack" the place although much of what they are doing is nice. Not long ago people on Michigan's version of Yappi commented on how it was not just a game but rather an event after attending ball games at Whitmer and Central. I understand putting LC on the list because it is a cool environment but they should have listed Whiteford. Regardless they dropped the ball by listing Findlay's Donnell and not listing Ross' Don Paul and Clay's Memorial. Clay has not had a league champion since 1982 and they still pack the place. They are like the Browns, could you imagine what the place would like if they won? Rossford? Eh? One sided stands. Mosquito city. And the Blade's numbers are a tad off. Donnell holds 8,200 while Whitmer Memorial holds 8,000? Whitmer holds 10,000. Mollenkopf packed the gills holds 9,000 and I was lucky enough to see the last time that happened.

I love places where football still really means something. Where past players and past players parents and grand-parents and neighbors come out to root on the kid down the street. Where the fans actually want to see a program and read it top to bottom and can recite players numbers off the top of their head. Remember the old timers that would have their binoculars around their neck with an old mini AM radio in one hand and an ear-bud in one ear listening to one ball game (or the one he is watching) while watching his favorite HS team play? Places that have fans like that are tops.
Old 08-24-18, 07:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I was 100% spot on last year and will be again this year, Whitmer is clearly the team to beat. When you go superstar at QB and RB and DE you should be the favorite and they will be. 15-0 should be the Panther goal
Nothing has really changed, Whitmer still the team to beat. SFS all over social media promoting their 4-5 D1 college kids and the skill kids at SJJ are the best in recent memory. Clay and Fremont are improved, should be a fun year.

Whitmer

SJJ
CCHS
Fremont
SFS
Findlay
Clay
Lima
Old 08-24-18, 09:30 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Good luck to all TRAC teams tonight. But especially...Let's GO LITTLE GIANTS!
Old 08-24-18, 09:30 AM
All World

cchs... Sandbagger.
Old 08-24-18, 09:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
cchs... Sandbagger.
Not sandbagging at all. No returning experience on the DL, graduated the best LB. First time in years the RB spot is an unknown and the returning QB completed about 30% of his passes last year. Over the last two off-seasons CCHS have lost 6 talented players to transfers and at some point losing that much will have an impact. IB loves commenting on the transfers who come into Central Catholic, let's see how he does with the 6 who left...
Old 08-24-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

Oh well, with all that clarification.

FYP
Quote:
Whitmer

SJJ
Fremont
SFS
Findlay
Clay
Lima

CCHS
Old 08-24-18, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

Since we played yesterday, thinking of hitting a TRAC game. I guess it's CCHS vs that foreign private school, within walking or drive WAY out to Anthony Wayne, whereever the heck that is. I seem to remember googling it, soemthing about a funeral home with a swimming pool?

What's best way and when do their games start?

CCHS convenient and a seat should be easy to find but I'm thinking SFS-AW should be fun and crowded.
Old 08-24-18, 10:59 AM
All World

Quote:
Not sandbagging at all. No returning experience on the DL, graduated the best LB. First time in years the RB spot is an unknown and the returning QB completed about 30% of his passes last year. Over the last two off-seasons CCHS have lost 6 talented players to transfers and at some point losing that much will have an impact. IB loves commenting on the transfers who come into Central Catholic, let's see how he does with the 6 who left...
So Penrod moved back home? So what? He was the only one that mattered. You guys have dudes abound.

Last edited by irish_buffalo; 08-24-18 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-24-18, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Best---Way---TO---Anthony Wayne???
Old 08-24-18, 02:31 PM
Junior Varsity

TheDude89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Best---Way---TO---Anthony Wayne???
Take 24, get off on old 24 towards Waterville, right on Dutch, right on Finzel
Old 08-24-18, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Thank you.

If I get an early start I could get a walk in at the park.
Old 08-24-18, 04:47 PM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So Penrod moved back home? So what? He was the only one that mattered. You guys have dudes abound.
Dang. Did not know that about Penrod, Central Catholic's most experienced returning d-lineman. Irish also graduated all their d-line starters.
Old 08-24-18, 05:33 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Mercy Health needs to cough up the dough to move this light pole at the 50 on the visitor side about 30 feet back.