Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
La Salle by 17+ 2 2.30%
La Salle by 8-16 3 3.45%
La Salle by 1-7 31 35.63%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 19.54%
Winton Woods by 8-16 26 29.89%
Winton Woods by 17+ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-17, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
OHSAA really missed the boat. Winton Woods, St. X, LaSalle and Colerain are all within a 10 mile radius of one another. It screams double header.
I agree. Would have been tough to do on a Friday, but a Saturday doubleheader at Nippert would have been great.
Old 11-15-17, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Warrior fans, business as usual yesterday at practice. High spirited and very intense. Coaches seemed pleased with the outcome. Hump Day! Let's get over it.
Old 11-15-17, 11:51 AM
Junior Varsity

bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
It's getting better. Sidney's defense made it look pretty good last night.
Yea, I mean they only had like 60 kids compared to 120 for LaSalle. Were they supposed to be much of a challenge?
Trash post.
Old 11-15-17, 12:18 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_27 View Post
Yea, I mean they only had like 60 kids compared to 120 for LaSalle. Were they supposed to be much of a challenge?
Trash post.
Huh. But can't each team only play 11 at a time
Old 11-15-17, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_27 View Post
Trash post.
Wow, dude. You’re easily offended. Could you point out where I was wrong?
Old 11-15-17, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Huh. But can't each team only play 11 at a time
No, La Salle thought lining up about 90 on the offensive line would boost the run game. It worked Friday.
Old 11-15-17, 12:32 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
he need not to interview: The job is his if he wants it. Question is: Does he really want it....i hope not
La Salle can offer Pat things Moeller can't such as a home stadium and a better shot at a state title since it's DII
Old 11-15-17, 01:05 PM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancermania View Post
la salle can offer pat things moeller can't such as a home stadium and a better shot at a state title since it's dii
hard to overcome alumni status, where he grew up, etc. Like i said, i hope he seees what a great school ls is, what it has to offer, and what great sports we do have and alumni spirit we can onlyt pray and hope he hears it
Old 11-15-17, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Winton Woods wins this game 27-14. LaSalle's offense just doesn't have enough to win this game and the defense will again wear down in the 2nd half allowing the Warriors to pull away. I see it being 14-7 at the half, with WW putting up a score each in the 3rd and 4th (with one missed PAT) and LaSalle scoring a late TD to make it closer than it is. The next day Coach Mac interviews for the Moe job.
Reasonable. I'm thinking maybe one more TD for Winton Woods.
Old 11-15-17, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
apparently you are the ultimate pessimist when it comes to your team: Earlier in this thread " no one believes we can win except ourselves' and the above:
Note: Enquirer sports beat: Ww to win: By all 4 sports writers.
Give it up: Everybody except a bunch of lancer faithful believe you will win friday. Weven the poll gives you a 3:2 edge.. Are you trying to prepare yourself in case of a stunner wher you actually do lose?
You certainly would not be the president of the optimist club!!!
Going up the 3 time champion, hard to beat a team twice, etc.
Old 11-15-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Is there a LaSalle/Sidney game replay online?
Old 11-15-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Is there a LaSalle/Sidney game replay online?
Not to my knowledge, but there are some clips on Youtube. For instance:

Old 11-15-17, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Winton Woods has to watch the trick plays. LaSalle has an end around pass where Whiley comes around then tries to pass it downfield to the QB that sneaks out. Just blowing up the LaSalle offensive line will stop any foolishness.
Old 11-15-17, 05:04 PM
All American

nati513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
hard to overcome alumni status, where he grew up, etc. Like i said, i hope he seees what a great school ls is, what it has to offer, and what great sports we do have and alumni spirit we can onlyt pray and hope he hears it
Yea, but you can easily swap LS in your post with Moe....You just described all GCLS schools.
Old 11-15-17, 05:05 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I like Winton Woods' chances
Old 11-15-17, 06:34 PM
Varsity

lancerAlumni16 is on a distinguished road
If this comes down to a close game the Lancers chances are better...because we know when the games on the line #82 will shank it off one of the uprights! #LRD
Old 11-15-17, 08:19 PM
Freshman

LS88Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerAlumni16 View Post
If this comes down to a close game the Lancers chances are better...because we know when the games on the line #82 will shank it off one of the uprights! #LRD
I'm a BIG LaSalle fan and I was at the WW Elder game that night. That kid who missed the field goal did a heck of a job of making it that close. Elder called a timeout on the first attempt and I guess it was a botched snap because WWs holder ran towards the end zone with the ball. The time out was granted. Every player from both teams came off the field but the kicker for WW. He was going through his routine. He was thinking too much, but he is a kid, and kids get nervous. The WWs coaches might of been better off bringing the kid to the sidelines with all the other players instead of letting him stand out there thinking about a bad snap, bad hold and making that field goal. I felt for that kid that night. He put up a great effort after the timeout. WW is a great team. We must play our A game and hope we can make WW not play their A game. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-15-17, 10:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerAlumni16 View Post
Looking at your screen name I'm going to assume you are a 2016 LaSalle graduate, which makes you approx 19 years old. I just going to suggest that you probably shouldn't had posted that. Hopefully as you age and become more experienced your trash talking will become more refined, more subtle. When you're playing against an opponent that has the ability to really beat you bad, you have to be a little more measured. I know that the vast majority of LaSalle backers are very classy, cool folks but there has been a few very reckless fans really talking. I don't even remember this trash during the week of the first game. No mercy will be shown.
Old 11-16-17, 06:43 AM
All American

lasalle9802 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looking at your screen name I'm going to assume you are a 2016 LaSalle graduate, which makes you approx 19 years old. I just going to suggest that you probably shouldn't had posted that. Hopefully as you age and become more experienced your trash talking will become more refined, more subtle. When you're playing against an opponent that has the ability to really beat you bad, you have to be a little more measured. I know that the vast majority of LaSalle backers are very classy, cool folks but there has been a few very reckless fans really talking. I don't even remember this trash during the week of the first game. No mercy will be shown.
Don are you suggesting that WW players and coaches pay attention to what is said on Yappi? Come on man, your letting a 19 year old get you all up in your feelings. Your suppose to be having a good time before you sail off into retirement. But congrats to Oats on winning DPOY! Would love to see what he could do in the Scarlet and Gray!! I will have my prediction sometime tmw but I am still thinking WW by 10.
Old 11-16-17, 06:55 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
DonDetectiveRon.
Old 11-16-17, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
DonDetectiveRon.
DonDeputyRon
Old 11-16-17, 09:19 AM
Freshman

LancerMan is on a distinguished road
If Merritt was 20 years old the Peckers wouldn't stand a chance
Old 11-16-17, 09:19 AM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wish the same could be said for you Don....You feel that your team has the upper had (finally) and you have been....well.......a jerk....
Old 11-16-17, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalle9802 View Post
Don are you suggesting that WW players and coaches pay attention to what is said on Yappi? Come on man, your letting a 19 year old get you all up in your feelings. Your suppose to be having a good time before you sail off into retirement. But congrats to Oats on winning DPOY! Would love to see what he could do in the Scarlet and Gray!! I will have my prediction sometime tmw but I am still thinking WW by 10.
You cats are unbelievable. I wasn't even hinting that any player or coach pay attention to Yappi. I was talking about no mercy between he and I with the trash talk. I am joking with the young buck. I'm having the best time of my Yappi career. Got me reconsidering retirement. I'm like the Brett Favre of Yappi. Maybe I'll come back a Lakota West poster.

I'm not sure why you are congratulating me on the success of Oates. I haven't done a thing but watched the young man for the past 3 seasons. I do think he is "Sunday afternoon" good. I know it's darn near impossible to project like that but the way he runs and can pass cover plus his frame makes me think NFL. I've never seen it in a high school LB. He and his family deserve all the kudos. And you can't imagine how respectful these kids are. It's yes sir/no sir all the way.
Old 11-16-17, 09:43 AM
All Region

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Reasonable. I'm thinking maybe one more TD for Winton Woods.
Yeah because your offense dominated so much last time. SMDH. You just don't get it that your offense isn't all that. You were lucky to score 18 last time with a Lancer offense handing you field position all night and poor Lancer special teams.
17-14 Lancers
Old 11-16-17, 09:55 AM
All World

WE will succumb to penalties and end their season with a close loss
Old 11-16-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
Wish the same could be said for you Don....You feel that your team has the upper had (finally) and you have been....well.......a jerk....
No, no, no Rickey Bobby. I'm being no more of a jerk than I normally am. The issue is YOU, feel my team has the upper hand. It's uncomfortable for you to be in this spot after the successful 3 year run for LaSalle. That discomfort magnifies my jerk.
Old 11-16-17, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Yeah because your offense dominated so much last time. SMDH. You just don't get it that your offense isn't all that. You were lucky to score 18 last time with a Lancer offense handing you field position all night and poor Lancer special teams.
17-14 Lancers
That first game was a long time ago. 8 weeks. I wouldn't even consider these teams to be the same teams.
Old 11-16-17, 10:57 AM
All World

If an elder team will hat wasn't even good enough to make the playoffs can hang 35 on WW and beat them at home anything is possible
Old 11-16-17, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
17-14 Lancers
No that was so long ago. Both teams have changed since the first meeting. WW offense is much better than it was during the first meeting. You are going to find out BIG TIME come Friday night.