Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-18, 10:46 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Posts: 1,752
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Massillon 101, Sun Valley (PA) 6

Yes you read that score correctly. Massillon was up 73-6 at the half. This is something that you dont see every week.

Last edited by C'Town216; 10-13-18 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-12-18, 10:49 PM
MassillonTigers3 MassillonTigers3 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-29-13
Posts: 1,164
MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go tigers!
  #3  
Old 10-12-18, 10:50 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,726
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Was it a running clock?
  #4  
Old 10-12-18, 10:52 PM
MassillonMike MassillonMike is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-05-15
Posts: 318
MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
This thread oughta be something special.
  #5  
Old 10-12-18, 10:53 PM
MassillonTigers3 MassillonTigers3 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-29-13
Posts: 1,164
MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Was it a running clock?
Yes. Jv kids pulled early to keep eligibility for tomorrow’s game as well. Massillon had 10 min of possession for the whole game and threw 11 passes.
  #6  
Old 10-12-18, 10:55 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Tig !!!
  #7  
Old 10-12-18, 10:56 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,359
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess I heard that Sun Valley was a legitimate playoff team last year. Then their defense has given up 200 points the last 3-4 games or so? It really can be hard to predict what a team will do if you schedule them a year or 2 in advance. I bet this was just as much a surprise to the Massillon faithful as anyone. At any rate, im not sure what Massillon was supposed to do that they didn't already do in this situation?
  #8  
Old 10-12-18, 10:56 PM
OHIOBOB OHIOBOB is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-18-13
Posts: 13
OHIOBOB is on a distinguished road
No class.
  #9  
Old 10-12-18, 11:00 PM
Cannoli137 Cannoli137 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 270
Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
All I’m saying is WoW
  #10  
Old 10-12-18, 11:12 PM
Jball99 Jball99 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-23-17
Posts: 25
Jball99 is on a distinguished road
I usually sit back and don't post. Just try to read and catch up on football talk, but this has just gotten annoying and out of hand. Seems as though most of you will go to great lengths to give Massillon the worst reputation in the world. I think all us Massillon fans and sports fans in general will agree that this score was totally out of hand. But if you honestly think this is Massillon's fault after MULTIPLE explanations as to what happened is insane. We played our JV and FRESHMEN for most of the game. We asked their COACH if he wanted to call the game or at least play 8 minute quarters and he said NO. Now who's fault is that? If they aren't even upset, why are you? Don't let your false impressions block you from seeing the truth in this situation. I hope this event blows over quickly. Back to just browsing I go. Go Tigers!
  #11  
Old 10-13-18, 12:04 AM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,777
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jball99 View Post
I usually sit back and don't post. Just try to read and catch up on football talk, but this has just gotten annoying and out of hand. Seems as though most of you will go to great lengths to give Massillon the worst reputation in the world. I think all us Massillon fans and sports fans in general will agree that this score was totally out of hand. But if you honestly think this is Massillon's fault after MULTIPLE explanations as to what happened is insane. We played our JV and FRESHMEN for most of the game. We asked their COACH if he wanted to call the game or at least play 8 minute quarters and he said NO. Now who's fault is that? If they aren't even upset, why are you? Don't let your false impressions block you from seeing the truth in this situation. I hope this event blows over quickly. Back to just browsing I go. Go Tigers!
Great post. They just hate Massillon.
  #12  
Old 10-13-18, 12:10 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,337
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Sun Valley was 4-8, 6-6 and 5-7 the past three years in one of the worst areas in the state of PA for public school football (inner-urban schools around Philly).

This game never should've been played if they thought it was going to be close. Throw in an 8-hour bus ride on a Friday to get there by game time (game should've been a Saturday afternoon with a Friday night layover to be fresh). No wonder.

Plus,... for those in the back... THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING for Sun Valley and their playoff chances. So, once Massillon broke open the game, the only goal was to not have any injuries.
  #13  
Old 10-13-18, 12:16 AM
MassillonTigers3 MassillonTigers3 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-29-13
Posts: 1,164
MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Sun Valley was 4-8, 6-6 and 5-7 the past three years in one of the worst areas in the state of PA for public school football (inner-urban schools around Philly).

This game never should've been played if they thought it was going to be close. Throw in an 8-hour bus ride on a Friday to get there by game time (game should've been a Saturday afternoon with a Friday night layover to be fresh). No wonder.

Plus,... for those in the back... THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING for Sun Valley and their playoff chances. So, once Massillon broke open the game, the only goal was to not have any injuries.
Get some facts before posting next time.
  #14  
Old 10-13-18, 12:20 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,617
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Massillon is a joke
  #15  
Old 10-13-18, 12:20 AM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,777
firewatch is on a distinguished road
- Massillon scored 5 different ways
- Massillon had 582 yards on 32 plays from scrimmage. That's 18.1 yards per snap
- Massillon scored 10 offensive touchdowns on 32 plays. Plus 2 INT returns, a kick and punt return.

Positive spin: Sun Valley won the time of possession battle, 37:17 to 10:43.
Also, Massillon scored 56 points in the second quarter and had the ball for 3 minutes, 51 seconds.
  #16  
Old 10-13-18, 12:23 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,110
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Great post. They just hate Massillon.
Anybody would be taking heat for scoring 100.
  #17  
Old 10-13-18, 12:26 AM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 472
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Anyone know who the last Ohio team to score 100 or more in a game was (prior to Massillon tonight, of course.) and when it last happened? (Asking because I am curious and do not know, not posing a trivia question.)
  #18  
Old 10-13-18, 12:27 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,337
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonTigers3 View Post
Get some facts before posting next time.
Let's see... They are from suburban Philly. They're a public school. They did make the playoffs two* straight years. They did have records of 4-8, 6-6, and 5-7 the last three years.

And once again for those in the back... THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING to them because their district uses league record for playoff qualification and seeding.

Where exactly was I wrong? If not, just stuff it.

*-They played a consolation game in 2015 and their usual Thanksgiving Day game.
  #19  
Old 10-13-18, 12:34 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,367
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Let's see... They are from suburban Philly. They're a public school. They did make the playoffs two* straight years. They did have records of 4-8, 6-6, and 5-7 the last three years.

And once again for those in the back... THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING to them because their district uses league record for playoff qualification and seeding.

Where exactly was I wrong? If not, just stuff it.

*-They played a consolation game in 2015 and their usual Thanksgiving Day game.
Sun Valley came to Ohio on Thursday rather than Friday. I suspect that's what he's calling you out on.
  #20  
Old 10-13-18, 12:35 AM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 845
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Anybody would be taking heat for scoring 100.
Do you guys want to buck up and play? I didn't think so!
  #21  
Old 10-13-18, 12:37 AM
MassillonTigers3 MassillonTigers3 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-29-13
Posts: 1,164
MassillonTigers3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish we would’ve scored 200
  #22  
Old 10-13-18, 12:40 AM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 4,337
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Sun Valley came to Ohio on Thursday rather than Friday. I suspect that's what he's calling you out on.
Somebody said early they went there today on an '8 hour bus ride' before the game. If they did that yesterday, then that's a hollow excuse for why they got pantsed with 101-6.
  #23  
Old 10-13-18, 12:49 AM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 845
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Somebody said early they went there today on an '8 hour bus ride' before the game. If they did that yesterday, then that's a hollow excuse for why they got pantsed with 101-6.
Well there are lots of somebodies around here. A lot of these somebodies schools will not schedule Massillon. Then they wan't to talk trash!
  #24  
Old 10-13-18, 12:59 AM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,315
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Kyle would have stopped at 56. No reason to score any more except to humiliate your opponent. Complete lack of class on Massillon's part.
  #25  
Old 10-13-18, 01:12 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,617
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Well there are lots of somebodies around here. A lot of these somebodies schools will not schedule Massillon. Then they wan't to talk trash!
Massillon sucks azz! Paper champs
  #26  
Old 10-13-18, 01:27 AM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 845
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Massillon sucks azz! Paper champs
If you say so Internet Tuff Guy!
  #27  
Old 10-13-18, 02:07 AM
theterribletowel theterribletowel is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-08-18
Posts: 37
theterribletowel is on a distinguished road
How hard is it to say that scoring 100 points in a football should never happen. Instead massillon fans attempt to do so. Sigh
  #28  
Old 10-13-18, 02:39 AM
pup pounder pup pounder is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Posts: 265
pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Massillon coaches offered them every out. You cant blame 3rd and 4th teamers for playing hard. A pass was not thrown after the 2nd quarter. Its unfortunate but when the freshman are ripping of 80 yard tds
what do you want them to do???? There will allways be you Massillon haters. I really dont give a sht.
  #29  
Old 10-13-18, 03:31 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 489
JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
My only question is how did sun valley score? A 3-7 McKinley team beat a team from Detroit 86-8 back in '07. Because we used a 4th string transfer whose paperwork wasn't properly filed, we had to forfeit lol.
  #30  
Old 10-13-18, 04:07 AM
doverbuck doverbuck is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-04-13
Posts: 719
doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
My only question is how did sun valley score? A 3-7 McKinley team beat a team from Detroit 86-8 back in '07. Because we used a 4th string transfer whose paperwork wasn't properly filed, we had to forfeit lol.
Thank goodness OHSAA caught that and punished you,
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division V Schedules EagleFan Football 25 10-28-18 06:16 AM
2018 Weekly Schedules by Date and Time EagleFan Football 12 07-23-18 03:52 AM
2018 Brankman Report The Brankmen Wrestling 12 03-14-18 08:33 PM
2017 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz