Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-08-17, 09:49 PM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Alabama voters

http://
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-17, 09:52 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Oh my goodness. They're all white. And those women. Heck yes. Ugly or not, they want it. Ole Roy needs to whip it out.
Old 12-08-17, 10:08 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Did you learn anything?
Old 12-08-17, 11:25 PM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Don't trust voters in Alabama
Old 12-08-17, 11:30 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Is there a need for you to trust them? They seem like fine people to me, of course not as smart and sophisticated as most Dems, but oh well
Old 12-09-17, 02:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Do they work legally and pay taxes ?
Old 12-09-17, 03:08 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Dew they beeleeve a baby shood bee aborted at 9 monthz?
Old 12-09-17, 03:43 AM
All Yappi

Do any of you live in Alabama or are registered to vote there?
Old 12-09-17, 03:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Interesting. What made you come to that conclusion? They seemed like they were being honest to me.
Old 12-09-17, 08:12 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Normal people scare liberals.
Old 12-09-17, 08:22 AM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
You may be prejudice if you start with the premise that all southern white people are stupid, hood wearing, uninformed, slack jawed goat farmers...you would also be a complete idiot.

If you can not see that is what the host and OP want you to think...you are a complete idiot.
Old 12-09-17, 09:31 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I was in Alabama this past week for work and watched this HBO show in its entirety. They dug deeper into Doug Jones. Good watch.

Alabama voters are like the rest of America in that THEY will vote for who THEY want. Not who CNN or MSNBC believes they should vote for.

The most amazing thing is Doug Jones kept running radio ads that proclaimed he is anti-big government, pro gun, pro military, pro police and fire and will not answer to Chuck Shumer or McConnell. I thought, man, for a Democrat he sounds an awful lot like a Republican. It is all relative to where one is. That state is so darn red that even the Dems have to be right of center conservatives.

The really interesting part was their show's focus on the black vote and how they do not come out in droves like they should. Doug Jones prosecuted the sheet wearing idiots who blew up the Baptist Church in Selma and killed 4 young black girls in 1963 (they were not brought to justice until 2002). They went on to point out how Doug Jones has to walk a tight rope and does not get too close to the black community for fear of pushing away too many white independents and GOP anti-Moore folks.

If you have HBO I'd suggest you watch the entire thing. It was very interesting depiction of one slice of American politics. Here is just another blip of the entire show.

Old 12-09-17, 10:05 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Normal people scare liberals.
Exactly right Username1.
Old 12-09-17, 10:51 AM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Rule one for the left, if it has nothing to do about race make it about race!
Pimping for the black vote since they took off their hoods.

You will never here them do a story about things like, black americans put Trump in office by giving more votes than any recent republican. That don't fit.
Old 12-09-17, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Worry about solving 9/11
Old 12-09-17, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
The consummate woefully uneducated stereotype red state that ranks near dead last in just about everything, except evangelicals. About to elect literally a piece of chit. Shocker.

If he wins great if he loses great. Good stuff.
Old 12-09-17, 12:42 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I have read several pieces that show Jones trying to act or be an R to get elected and it seems that the people of Alabama are not buying it. So if Moore does win, just maybe the D's should look at themselves and ask "What is wrong with us that we cannot even beat a man with the reputation Moore has?

Last edited by 19AL63; 12-09-17 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-09-17, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I was in Alabama this past week for work and watched this HBO show in its entirety. They dug deeper into Doug Jones. Good watch.

Alabama voters are like the rest of America in that THEY will vote for who THEY want. Not who CNN or MSNBC believes they should vote for.

The most amazing thing is Doug Jones kept running radio ads that proclaimed he is anti-big government, pro gun, pro military, pro police and fire and will not answer to Chuck Shumer or McConnell. I thought, man, for a Democrat he sounds an awful lot like a Republican. It is all relative to where one is. That state is so darn red that even the Dems have to be right of center conservatives.

The really interesting part was their show's focus on the black vote and how they do not come out in droves like they should. Doug Jones prosecuted the sheet wearing idiots who blew up the Baptist Church in Selma and killed 4 young black girls in 1963 (they were not brought to justice until 2002). They went on to point out how Doug Jones has to walk a tight rope and does not get too close to the black community for fear of pushing away too many white independents and GOP anti-Moore folks.

If you have HBO I'd suggest you watch the entire thing. It was very interesting depiction of one slice of American politics. Here is just another blip of the entire show.

I've not really paid attention to anything on Doug Jones, nor even watched your video yet, but based upon your description and what I do know, I'll take a stab at this.

I'm old enough to remember when the South was pretty "blue". Have you ever heard Reagan's quip, "I did not leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me."?

I think that Jones sounds like a traditional Democrat. The assessment that "...Jones has to walk a tight rope and does not get too close to the black community for fear of pushing away too many...." may easily be a question of perspective. If the guy possesses too much integrity to pander to one demographic and give them **extra special!!** treatment - as others in his Party do these days - that could easily be misunderstood in a gimmee!! culture like all of America is today. No shock that anyone calling themselves an activist would feel that^ way.

Viewed in the light of Trump's election when all of the "smart people" counted him out, my take certainly holds up. If a small segment of the population becomes too greedy and holds forth an agenda that is such that the support of it will render a candidate unpalatable to the bulk of the electorate, then they and their agenda become a poison pill, don't they ?

Trump 2020 #MAGA

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 12-09-17 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-09-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The consummate woefully uneducated stereotype red state that ranks near dead last in just about everything, except evangelicals. About to elect literally a piece of chit. Shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I have read several pieces that show Jones trying to act or be an R to get elected and it seems that the people of Alabama are not buying it. So if Moore does win, just maybe the D's show look at themselves and ask "What is wrong with us that we cannot even beat a man with the reputation Moore has?
Or maybe the total Dem agenda has just begun to collapse under it's own weight, and they can't even beat an a-hole outside of the coastal strongholds and urban suck-holes anymore ? How's about that ?

Again, I present Herr Drumpf as evidence. #MAGA
Old 12-09-17, 01:16 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I've not really paid attention to anything on Doug Jones, nor even watched your video yet, but based upon your description and what I do know, I'll take a stab at this.

I'm old enough to remember when the South was pretty "blue". Have you ever heard Reagan's quip, "I did not leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me."?

I think that Jones sounds like a traditional Democrat. The assessment that "...Jones has to walk a tight rope and does not get too close to the black community for fear of pushing away too many...." may easily be a question of perspective. If the guy possesses too much integrity to pander to one demographic and give them **extra special!!** treatment - as others in his Party do these days - that could easily be misunderstood in a gimmee!! culture like all of America is today. No shock that anyone calling themselves an activist would feel that^ way.

Viewed in the light of Trump's election when all of the "smart people" counted him out, my take certainly holds up. If a small segment of the population becomes too greedy and holds forth an agenda that is such that the support of it will render a candidate unpalatable to the bulk of the electorate, then they and their agenda become a poison pill, don't they ?

Trump 2020 #MAGA
I remember when the South was blue as well. My point about Jones is it is a bigger sliding scale than one thinks. Labels on a national level are needed. Not so much in smaller demographics.

As much as I cannot stand Trump I understand why he won and will continue to win.

The Democrat Party is all inclusive and many people, especially white working class people, are sick of it.

I saw a Trump rally the other day where he pointed to a sign that read "Merry Christmas." That is why he resonates. People would rather lose their health care than pander one more time to someone being offended by something as simple as "Merry Christmas". After all, I would not get offended if someone told me Happy Ramadan or Yom Kippur. There are plenty of folks that are not going to apologize anymore nor feel the need a special bathroom needs developed for every person that feels the need to be "different". Until the Dems realize this it is the GOP all the way. If you attempt to stand up for everything you stand for nothing.
Old 12-09-17, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I remember when the South was blue as well. My point about Jones is it is a bigger sliding scale than one thinks. Labels on a national level are needed. Not so much in smaller demographics.

As much as I cannot stand Trump I understand why he won and will continue to win.

The Democrat Party is all inclusive and many people, especially white working class people, are sick of it.

I saw a Trump rally the other day where he pointed to a sign that read "Merry Christmas." That is why he resonates. People would rather lose their health care than pander one more time to someone being offended by something as simple as "Merry Christmas". After all, I would not get offended if someone told me Happy Ramadan or Yom Kippur. There are plenty of folks that are not going to apologize anymore nor feel the need a special bathroom needs developed for every person that feels the need to be "different". Until the Dems realize this it is the GOP all the way. If you attempt to stand up for everything you stand for nothing.
One can be "all-inclusive" without offering bribes to each group that are to the detriment of all the others. It's an unsustainable strategy, and they just keep running the same drill because they have nothing else to offer, sadly. No national Democrat has understood this since Bill. Maybe Jones does ?

Winning in politics is like rebounding in basketball. You don't always run straight to where you think the "ball" will end up. You position yourself between your opponent and the general area where you think the ball will land and block your opponent out.

If black voters need to be given an out-sized goody basket to even show up and vote, maybe racial politics are behind us ? God, I hope so. I can tell you that if you position yourself firmly on the "black activists' " agenda, only a small percentage of "the rebounds" are going to come down in your grasp outside of local politics.
Old 12-09-17, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
A grown man in his 30's chasing hs girls aside, waving gun on stage, removed twice from bench, acts like an idiot, etc etc. One guy says last time America was great was during slavery, the other an accomplished prosecutor who brought justice to klansmen who murdered black children, in a deeply bigoted state. Yeah real tough call for blacks, lol.

Shouldn't be a tough call for humans period, but...where we're at.
Old 12-09-17, 04:43 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A grown man in his 30's chasing hs girls aside, waving gun on stage, removed twice from bench, acts like an idiot, etc etc. One guy says last time America was great was during slavery, the other an accomplished prosecutor who brought justice to klansmen who murdered black children, in a deeply bigoted state. Yeah real tough call for blacks, lol.

Shouldn't be a tough call for humans period, but...where we're at.
Unfortunately neither will/would vote their conscience. They'll be told to vote party lines and they'll do it.

This is the only reason Moore might win. The people of Alabama don't want Democrat ideology.
Old 12-09-17, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't trust anyone that voted for Obama..... or Clinton....... what's your point?
Old 12-09-17, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

But compared to California, Illinois, New York, and Massachusetts the people of Alabama seemingly know the difference between a candidate and a piece of chit......
Old 12-09-17, 09:34 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

your last paragraph explains it all....I live in Ohio, not a racist bone in my body, but the Democrats on the coasts, think we all are...

nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas...the Democrats have to go to a FOCUS group to see if they can say simple words like that...
Old 12-09-17, 09:36 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
But compared to California, Illinois, New York, and Massachusetts the people of Alabama seemingly know the difference between a candidate and a piece of chit......
POST of the DAY!!!
Old 12-09-17, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I grew up in the South, the South was never blue and in fact it's never been red either. The South is conservative, the South is actively religious, the South has always been about individual rights, states rights, gun rights, family, and community. The South is big on traditions, history. The South is slow to change and doesn't accept outside influence without a fight. They love their country and believe whole-heartedly in the greatness of the US - right or wrong.

Where you see liberals making inroads in the South are not in Southerners or their children, it's through transplants and immigrants and that also doesn't sit well with Southerners.

Jones has a lot of problems, he's not Conservative. He doesn't seem to understand traditions or history and he panders for votes. The calls for Jones as a candidate aren't from within the state it's from outsiders. Moore has a lot of problems, but he's conservative, he has demonstrated a core belief in religion and individual rights, he's been a martyr for those views, and most people outside the state don't want him elected....... Moore may still lose to Jones - but it's going to be close regardless.
Old 12-09-17, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't suspect it will be particularly close. Moore +10 seems very possible.
Old 12-10-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I don't suspect it will be particularly close. Moore +10 seems very possible.
I think it will be closer than 10 points. But I do think Moore will win.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: