Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 02-09-17, 11:10 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,361
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Look at his stats in GCL games.
You change your argument every time you get schooled.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 02-09-17, 11:50 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
You change your argument every time you get schooled.
Allow me to clarify, he only handed the ball off when he played v decent competition.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 02-10-17, 01:22 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,361
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Allow me to clarify, he only handed the ball off when he played v decent competition.
I know what you meant. You're wrong, though. For some reason you hold the fact he went to LS with his friends against him. Typical of your immaturity.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 02-10-17, 02:27 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle hired McLaughlin away from Princeton.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 02-10-17, 03:12 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
LaSalle hired McLaughlin away from Princeton.
Another solid hire, but more than likely not someone who will be around more than 2-3 years. This has to sting for Moeller fans.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 02-10-17, 03:16 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I know what you meant. You're wrong, though. For some reason you hold the fact he went to LS with his friends against him. Typical of your immaturity.
False, look at his passing stats in GCL games. And I'm not bitter, he should have gone to LS if he wanted to be QB, it did work out very well. I'm referencing the allegations from the past that he was never going to get a chance to be QB at Elder and the implied "racist" aspect to it. The truth is, he would never have beaten out Ramsey, he might not have even beaten out Custer.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 02-10-17, 03:39 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,628
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
One can only wonder if Watson would have wound up with better college offers had he played a skill position other than QB at Elder.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 02-10-17, 03:49 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
One can only wonder if Watson would have wound up with better college offers had he played a skill position other than QB at Elder.
He would have been a solid HS player, but still too small for higher offers. He made the right decision for himself.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 02-10-17, 04:50 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,768
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I know what you meant. You're wrong, though. For some reason you hold the fact he went to LS with his friends against him. Typical of your immaturity.
Friends? Didn't he play for St Dominic and go to Delhi Middle? Which friends ended up at LS with him?
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 02-10-17, 07:26 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,361
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Friends? Didn't he play for St Dominic and go to Delhi Middle? Which friends ended up at LS with him?
He was close to some kids a year and two years ahead of him at La Salle.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 02-10-17, 08:29 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,768
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
He was close to some kids a year and two years ahead of him at La Salle.
Once he got there or beforehand? Basically what I'm getting at is are you claiming that's the reason he ended up at LS over Elder. Not because he wouldn't play QB at Elder or whatever other reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 02-11-17, 10:12 AM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,361
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Once he got there or beforehand? Basically what I'm getting at is are you claiming that's the reason he ended up at LS over Elder. Not because he wouldn't play QB at Elder or whatever other reasons.
Before. In the book about 2015, he talked about friends he had played ball with since they were 7 and 8. He also talked about being comfortable there and being able to impact the program.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-11-17, 12:53 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
And that all comes full circle to counter DMR's point that Elder's "racist" perception ran him off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LaSalle's Hilvert looking at Baldwin Wallace - accepts job PURPLE REIGN Football 106 01-22-17 08:47 PM
Baldwin Wallace basketball coach takes AD job at Dublin Coffman FormerWildcat Boys Basketball 17 05-18-15 03:26 PM
Baldwin Wallace University High School Elite Camp bwubasketball Girls Basketball 0 03-16-15 12:47 PM
Wrestling: #7 Mount Union Blasts #13 Baldwin Wallace, 27-6; Raiders Alone in First in schindelwp Wrestling 0 02-04-15 10:11 AM
Baldwin Wallace Coaching Opening Yellow Jackets Wrestling 0 09-08-14 08:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz