Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-19-17, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Also doesn't help Elder just stood by and did absolutely nothing. They're just friggin lazy.
Elder doesn't do business the way LaSalle does. For better or worse they do it their own way. It's worked out for nearly a century doing it their way. I think they know the school better than you do.
Old 01-19-17, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Your last sentence proves my point. And I'm surprised bc I'd think Elder would be tired of being so god dam average in football, but they're amazing apathy never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure it'll work out great in 2 or 3 years when they stick some undersized slow CB one on one with this kid in pass coverage and he burns them for 200 receiving yards and 3 TDs.
Until it starts to affect their bottom line why would they care what the football team does? Elder is a school first. Just accept the fact they aren't going to go to extreme measures to get athletes to go play ball there, even if it is at one of their traditional feeders.
Old 01-19-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Elder doesn't do business the way LaSalle does. For better or worse they do it their own way. It's worked out for nearly a century doing it their way. I think they know the school better than you do.
They need to fight and scrap over every single student. And this is important bc he actually goes to Lourde's, he doesn't just play sports for them like Uran.
Old 01-19-17, 01:35 PM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Let's build a wall around all the traditional Elder feeders! And make LaSalle pay for it!*

*or have them default on the loan to pay for it
Old 01-19-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Until it starts to affect their bottom line why would they care what the football team does? Elder is a school first. Just accept the fact they aren't going to go to extreme measures to get athletes to go play ball there, even if it is at one of their traditional feeders.
What extreme measures? And it will affect their bottom line at some point. Like I said before, people have better things to do than waste time watching an average program, especially one with such a lazy attitude about winning.
Old 01-19-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

What bothers me so much is the cavalier attitude guys like Patchwork have. The rest of the WAC doesn't have a single kid with his speed. He might not be the best player in the league, but it doesn't mean he won't develop into the gamebreaker they need.
Old 01-19-17, 02:01 PM
All District

mack
Hey D bag....I didn't see any receiver have 3 TD's or 200 yards against our small and slow CB's this year!!! Because they had the desire to play the game! Something you never did...obviously. It doesn't matter what athlete you bring in from the outside...if their character is suspect. From what I see, play with what you got and what you got is a bunch of kids with HEART playing and representing their school. Keep that in place...and good things will follow.
Old 01-19-17, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
Hey D bag....I didn't see any receiver have 3 TD's or 200 yards against our small and slow CB's this year!!! Because they had the desire to play the game! Something you never did...obviously. It doesn't matter what athlete you bring in from the outside...if their character is suspect. From what I see, play with what you got and what you got is a bunch of kids with HEART playing and representing their school. Keep that in place...and good things will follow.
Spare me the "heart" talk. You need heart and talent. And this kid isn't from the "outside" he goes to one of their feeders ffs. it's not like this is LS plucking a kid like Larkin from St Bart's, they went right into Elder's backyard. And what "good things" are you talking about? I haven't seen anything "good" in close to a decade. I mostly see average football.
Old 01-19-17, 02:09 PM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
FWIW Elder had a bunch of guys with no heart. Senior class of '11? '12? Can't remember. Didn't a bunch of them get kicked off the team for a fight with the Lax team?
Old 01-19-17, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
FWIW Elder had a bunch of guys with no heart. Senior class of '11? '12? Can't remember. Didn't a bunch of them get kicked off the team for a fight with the Lax team?
It was 2012 and they got in trouble for drinking after a loss when one of the team Captains committed felonious assault on one of his classmates. This Mack D-bag's attitude is why Elder is average and will always be average until they drop that non sense.
Old 01-19-17, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Seriously, this is cringeworthy. One of, if not the best, WR in Elder's history was selfish and played with no heart. He still helped them get to a friggin state title. If I have to choose, I'm taking talent over heart any day of the week. Stick that playing with heart/underdog mantra up your azz. That's for average programs.
Old 01-19-17, 02:33 PM
Moderated User

slapnut is on a distinguished road
the kid you are fretting about is not that talented.....I've seen him play both football and basketball.....I'd relax on trying to turn this into a racial thing too, Obama
Old 01-19-17, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Are you surprised? The feeder system doesn't mean jack anymore and hasn't for a few years. Schools like Lourdes are having to turn to vouchers to keep numbers up. This isn't the first kid to go from an Elder feeder to LaSalle and it won't be the last. Think Watson from Dominic or Uran from Visi.

Should Elder try to keep these kids in with the rest that have been Elder purple since birth? Of course but they didn't. To me it isn't a balck-white thing. I didn't expect the kid in question to end up at Elder. I'm not naive enough to think that just because a kid goes to a traditional Elder feeder means he's an Elder kid. I've seen a number of kids go the other way on it whether it's been LaSalle, St X or Oak Hills.
They are already limited from a drawing standpoint compared to the other GCL South schools just based on their location and being close to the KY and IN borders to the South and West and then having another GCL-S school, LaSalle, just northwest of them. They can't afford to lose any traditional feeder school kids that are good players if they ever want to get the program back to a Colerain, St X or Moeller type level. One thing I have noticed recently is it seems like very few west side kids that are going to St X, even the good ones, are getting PT there in football. They either ride the bench or give up football. Almost all their top players now seem to come from the northern suburbs like West Chester, Mason and Montgomery.
Old 01-19-17, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What extreme measures? And it will affect their bottom line at some point. Like I said before, people have better things to do than waste time watching an average program, especially one with such a lazy attitude about winning.
This isn't the NFL. People are going to support the team regardless because it is their school. As long as Elder still has the strong family ties that it does the support will be there. Do more people show up when they're winning, sure. But HS attendance is almost every sport is down. The wins and losses are secondary at a school like Elder. Every game is like a reunion. It is a social event. Get over it.
Old 01-19-17, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Not to take this off topic, but I always thought you were a LaSalle guy.
Old 01-19-17, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Spare me the "heart" talk. You need heart and talent. And this kid isn't from the "outside" he goes to one of their feeders ffs. it's not like this is LS plucking a kid like Larkin from St Bart's, they went right into Elder's backyard. And what "good things" are you talking about? I haven't seen anything "good" in close to a decade. I mostly see average football.
The kid was never an Elder kid. He did not grow up always going to Elder. He wasn't plucked from Elder. There are a number of kids who go to Elder feeders that end up at St X, Oak Hills and LaSalle. The big problem you have is that he's good at football.

You can't separate the school and the kid. You think it's all the same.
Old 01-19-17, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
The kid was never an Elder kid. He did not grow up always going to Elder. He wasn't plucked from Elder. There are a number of kids who go to Elder feeders that end up at St X, Oak Hills and LaSalle. The big problem you have is that he's good at football.
That shouldn't matter anymore. They should always do all they can to get kids from the traditional feeder schools, whether they come from an Elder family or not.
Old 01-19-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Seriously, this is cringeworthy. One of, if not the best, WR in Elder's history was selfish and played with no heart. He still helped them get to a friggin state title. If I have to choose, I'm taking talent over heart any day of the week. Stick that playing with heart/underdog mantra up your azz. That's for average programs.
Then it's probably time you support a new team. Elder has never and likely will never have the most talented individuals unless those athletes seek out Elder. What they will have is a bunch of guys who will work their tails off and never give up on each other.
Old 01-19-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
That shouldn't matter anymore. They should always do all they can to get kids from the traditional feeder schools, whether they come from an Elder family or not.
I agree DF. I'm not trying to discount that. But the point still stands.
Old 01-19-17, 02:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnut View Post
the kid you are fretting about is not that talented.....I've seen him play both football and basketball.....I'd relax on trying to turn this into a racial thing too, Obama
Nut Slap, I'm mostly tired of pretending the WAC kids, who are mostly white, are good enough to where losing this kid, from a god dam feeder, isn't a big deal. I keep hearing how the Johnson kid is the best player in the league, but my gut tells me in 2-3 years the Lourdes kid will be the better HS player. LS doesn't have the depth, but their best players are D1 level and Elder's end up at TM or the Mount. It's not always a big deal but at a certain point kids want to go somewhere where they've got a shot at D1.
Old 01-19-17, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Then it's probably time you support a new team. Elder has never and likely will never have the most talented individuals unless those athletes seek out Elder. What they will have is a bunch of guys who will work their tails off and never give up on each other.
God that last sentence is so cheesy. You think the successful programs in the state don't have that same work ethic? The big difference is they've also got talent. Football is a big $ making asset for the school, don't you think it makes sense to invest in it? Well, of course you don't, you don't understand business. Then again, I'm not so sure Elder does either.
Old 01-19-17, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree DF. I'm not trying to discount that. But the point still stands.
Sounds to me like you're talking out of your azz.
Old 01-19-17, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sounds to me like you're talking out of your azz.
In what way? Elder should go after kids that are in there feeders but anymore there's no guarantee that student X is going to go Elder just because he attends a feeder. In this case, the kid wasn't an Elder kid all along so I don't view it as "they lost him." Oh well, move on there are other kids out there.
Old 01-19-17, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
God that last sentence is so cheesy. You think the successful programs in the state don't have that same work ethic? The big difference is they've also got talent. Football is a big $ making asset for the school, don't you think it makes sense to invest in it? Well, of course you don't, you don't understand business. Then again, I'm not so sure Elder does either.
I understand business just fine. Of course you need talent, but if you think Elder is going to sell out to become a football powerhouse then you've had your head in the sand.
Old 01-19-17, 04:04 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Elder is not offering that kid a full ride and LaS did. Elder can't compete with that and never will.
Old 01-19-17, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Elder is not offering that kid a full ride and LaS did. Elder can't compete with that and never will.
Elder's Fin Aid is still generous and I need some kind of proof he has a full ride. This could just be more excuse making so Elder can cover their azz.
Old 01-19-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
In what way? Elder should go after kids that are in there feeders but anymore there's no guarantee that student X is going to go Elder just because he attends a feeder. In this case, the kid wasn't an Elder kid all along so I don't view it as "they lost him." Oh well, move on there are other kids out there.
That doesn't mean he was a LS kid either. Stop making excuses for Elder's incompetence.
Old 01-19-17, 05:37 PM
All District

mack
Ron Don Magic.....what gives you the impression I am a LaSalle guy. I just am tired of hearing this azz clown Dicarlo talk his typical bs about HS kids getting a good education and representing!
Old 01-19-17, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
. I just am tired of hearing this azz clown Dicarlo talk his typical bs about HS kids getting a good education and representing!
You call me a dbag and you can't even form coherent sentences. Elder failed and let LS totally emasculate them. The reality is Elder would rather make excuses than do the work to keep this kid. I shouldn't be surprised, making excuses is kind of Elder's thing.
Old 01-19-17, 06:13 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Elder should work hard to get every kid they can from their feeder schools and do what they can in the non-traditional schools, regardless of their athletic skill. P-Boy is right about the adminstration not doing enough in that regard. The LS sign in Lower Price Hill still bugs the heck out of me.

That said, I am not too worried about this kid. If I heard he was an honor student, loved his parents and volunteers after school at a homeless shelter, I would care a lot more.

P-Boy is off the hook, but, I do agree, the administration needs to do more to agressively market to all the kids.