Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-11-17, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
It depends on what aspect you are looking at.
In football? No way. You're delusional. Not even close.
Old 01-11-17, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Back to the original point, I still don't see it as far fetched for Rody to leave Moe for LS. The Moe fans don't like him and the leash will be longer at LS. Add to the fact he's an Alumn and it makes sense.
Old 01-11-17, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You aren't getting the point of the comparison in my post. Would Coach Bolden leave Colerain on his own to coach at Winton Woods? Answer that question.

WW beating Elder at Elder has nothing to do with the point being made. Tip of the hat to the Warriors for beating Elder last year, I know they haven't done that a lot so I can understand the chest thumping and not knowing how to win with some class.
My point was don't use WW as an example of a drop off. WW is not that much of a drop off, especially in certain aspects.
Old 01-11-17, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Back to the original point, I still don't see it as far fetched for Rody to leave Moe for LS. The Moe fans don't like him and the leash will be longer at LS. Add to the fact he's an Alumn and it makes sense.
I can't see it. Now if he gets canned for Moeller, sure. Moeller just has way better resources and talent than LS. The one thing they don't have is a home field.
Old 01-11-17, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
My point was don't use WW as an example of a drop off. WW is not that much of a drop off, especially in certain aspects.
It's cute that you think so, but reality says otherwise.
Old 01-17-17, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Hilvert to Baldwin Wallace: https://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/821408977015676928
Old 01-17-17, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

Looking at the posts in the main football forum, it looks like Beauchamp, who I think is LS' OC is the top candidate.
Old 01-18-17, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

It is pretty funny none of the LS Administrators bothered to thank or congratulate him on social media #butthurt
Old 01-18-17, 12:35 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Since I do not follow anyone associated with LaSalle I will take your word for it.

I would guess they are embarrassed to be at the absolute peak in the history of the school, yet head coaches continue to abandon the program
Old 01-18-17, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It is pretty funny none of the LS Administrators bothered to thank or congratulate him on social media #butthurt
I hope they do another press conference video. http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248977

Sadly, it looks like the video they made after Grippa was fired has been removed from YouTube.
Old 01-18-17, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I hope they do another press conference video. http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248977

Sadly, it looks like the video they made after Grippa was fired has been removed from YouTube.
Please, do explain
Old 01-18-17, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Please, do explain
If you read that thread you can see the reaction, but after they canned Grippa LaSalle made a really big deal about a video they released featuring the now-fired principal, the now "retired" AD, and maybe Tankersly and/or Cohen. It had the production quality and weird camera work you'd expect from an ISIS hostage video.
Old 01-18-17, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Since I do not follow anyone associated with LaSalle I will take your word for it.

I would guess they are embarrassed to be at the absolute peak in the history of the school, yet head coaches continue to abandon the program
They'd have to be pretty naive to not know this wasn't more than a stop gap for Hilvert.
Old 01-18-17, 02:11 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
If you read that thread you can see the reaction, but after they canned Grippa LaSalle made a really big deal about a video they released featuring the now-fired principal, the now "retired" AD, and maybe Tankersly and/or Cohen. It had the production quality and weird camera work you'd expect from an ISIS hostage video.
LOL I remember that. That video was hilarious.

Since he's not at Elder I'm certainly glad Hilvert is out of the GCL.
Old 01-18-17, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Old 01-18-17, 03:12 PM
All Yappi

Hey Barret, I know you're reading this, do us all a favor and repost that video.
Old 01-18-17, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How about the athletic director, Pboy? He did last night.
Old 01-18-17, 07:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
How about the athletic director, Pboy? He did last night.
No principal, Cohen or Tank. Kinda childish.
Old 01-18-17, 07:34 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I wonder what Keeneland Dan aka Dan Cronin thinks. His twitter usually blows up LaSalle stuff.
Old 01-18-17, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No principal, Cohen or Tank. Kinda childish.
So everyone in the administration not taking to Twitter was childish. Your hard-on for La Salle is pretty evident.

By the way, those three were pretty busy yesterday.
Old 01-18-17, 10:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
So everyone in the administration not taking to Twitter was childish. Your hard-on for La Salle is pretty evident.

By the way, those three were pretty busy yesterday.
It wouldn't have taken more than a minute.
Old 01-19-17, 09:44 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not really gonna get excited about Hilvert leaving as long as Lasalle is still winning the best athletes over...in case no one posted it, the really good Lourdes kid is gonna be a Lancer.
Old 01-19-17, 10:40 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
I'm not really gonna get excited about Hilvert leaving as long as Lasalle is still winning the best athletes over...in case no one posted it, the really good Lourdes kid is gonna be a Lancer.
I'm not sure that one is a big lose compared to the other kids we have lined up to come in. The last minute moves by Lasalle before the football game is why he flipped to red so quickly.
Old 01-19-17, 11:56 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Quote:
Is he a "leader"?
Old 01-19-17, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
I'm not sure that one is a big lose compared to the other kids we have lined up to come in. The last minute moves by Lasalle before the football game is why he flipped to red so quickly.
Dumb comment. Elder needs kids with speed like his. They've got depth to build a foundation but unless there's kids outside the WAC, they don't have a true game breaking athlete at WR or RB. In 2-3 years we'll be watching him bust through cvg against Elder's undersized, slow CBs and then come on here and b1tch about how he was recruited away. Unless they've got talent from outside the WAC coming in I don't want to hear about how this isn't a big loss.

Last edited by Descartes; 01-19-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-19-17, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No one should really be surprised that he is going to LaSalle. Just because he is a Lourdes kid doesn't mean he was ever leaning purple.
Old 01-19-17, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No one should really be surprised that he is going to LaSalle. Just because he is a Lourdes kid doesn't mean he was ever leaning purple.
Last I checked Lourdes is an Elder Feeder. If he was a white kid that'd raise a red flag for you, but bc he's black and a good Athlete that's why you're "not surprised." The WAC isn't that good and you finally have a solid athlete playing for one of those schools and you lose him? That's a complete failure on Elder's part. This is why they're so friggin mediocre. Even if it won't help LS much bc there's limited talent around him, it hurts Elder bad. There's just no speed or athleticism from the rest of the kids in the WAC. They're not good enough on their own to be anything better than avg at the varsity level. So tired of the incompetence and attitude Elder and fans like you have about this.

Last edited by Descartes; 01-19-17 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-19-17, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Also doesn't help Elder just stood by and did absolutely nothing. They're just friggin lazy.

Last edited by Descartes; 01-19-17 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-17, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Last I checked Lourdes is an Elder Feeder. If he was a white kid that'd raise a red flag for you, but bc he's black and a good Athlete that's why you're "not surprised." The WAC isn't that good and you finally have a solid athlete playing for one of those schools and you lose him? That's a complete failure on Elder's part.
Are you surprised? The feeder system doesn't mean jack anymore and hasn't for a few years. Schools like Lourdes are having to turn to vouchers to keep numbers up. This isn't the first kid to go from an Elder feeder to LaSalle and it won't be the last. Think Watson from Dominic or Uran from Visi.

Should Elder try to keep these kids in with the rest that have been Elder purple since birth? Of course but they didn't. To me it isn't a balck-white thing. I didn't expect the kid in question to end up at Elder. I'm not naive enough to think that just because a kid goes to a traditional Elder feeder means he's an Elder kid. I've seen a number of kids go the other way on it whether it's been LaSalle, St X or Oak Hills.
Old 01-19-17, 01:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Are you surprised? The feeder system doesn't mean jack anymore and hasn't for a few years. Schools like Lourdes are having to turn to vouchers to keep numbers up. This isn't the first kid to go from an Elder feeder to LaSalle and it won't be the last. Think Watson from Dominic or Uran from Visi.

Should Elder try to keep these kids in with the rest that have been Elder purple since birth? Of course but they didn't.
Your last sentence proves my point. And I'm surprised bc I'd think Elder would be tired of being so god dam average in football, but they're amazing apathy never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure it'll work out great in 2 or 3 years when they stick some undersized slow CB one on one with this kid in pass coverage and he burns them for 200 receiving yards and 3 TDs.